Forum

Poll

13 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V2!
First | Previous | Page 31 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V2! [CLOSED]
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#1501 Posted: 13:17:18 22/02/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf
Quote: I-Brawler

Marth's and Lucina's (and I think Ike's but I could be wrong) are as powerful as the attack they countered. Ike's Neutral B was near full charged and that does a heck ton of damage to anything.

But an instakill?

If it's strong enough.
---
you never saw me
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3600
#1502 Posted: 13:43:51 22/02/2015
Anybody want to smash?
---
My life is complete.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#1503 Posted: 13:58:45 22/02/2015
Sure. I'll set up a group.
#1504 Posted: 13:59:22 22/02/2015
yayyyy
---
My life is complete.
#1505 Posted: 14:02:27 22/02/2015
The group is open.
#1506 Posted: 14:09:37 22/02/2015
2Mario4u

Why'd you leave?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:19:55 22/02/2015 by Mesuxelf
#1507 Posted: 14:20:23 22/02/2015
I got boreddd
---
My life is complete.
#1508 Posted: 14:20:57 22/02/2015
After 5 matches? Or was it because I was too good smilie

On that note, does anyone else want to smash?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:21:51 22/02/2015 by Mesuxelf
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#1509 Posted: 18:25:25 22/02/2015
Would anyone like to smash? My Wii U thing is echoTriangle.
#1510 Posted: 21:41:28 22/02/2015
Quote: Underian
Would anyone like to smash? My Wii U thing is echoTriangle.

Do you still want to smash?
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#1511 Posted: 00:06:06 23/02/2015
Who should I like better? Shulk or Mega Man?
---
Spread those positive vibes
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#1512 Posted: 00:34:23 23/02/2015
Quote: WilltheWizard

[User Posted Image]

You can't say no to that face.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7038
#1513 Posted: 00:39:32 23/02/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote: WilltheWizard

[User Posted Image]

You can't say no to that face.

A to the men.
#1514 Posted: 16:34:14 25/02/2015
I feel like I'm the only person who actually plays w/ Meta Knight...
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#1515 Posted: 23:19:03 25/02/2015
How do u get into smash online tournaments?
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1516 Posted: 00:06:35 26/02/2015
They're not available YET, hopefully in an upcoming patch w/ the Miiverse stage, but you can find forums that set up online tournaments...
---
words. letters. filler.
#1517 Posted: 01:44:18 26/02/2015

I guess he's really lost his luster to most people.
#1518 Posted: 01:53:36 26/02/2015
Quote: Mrmorrises

He's not bad, he's just not as good as in SSBB.
#1519 Posted: 02:04:24 26/02/2015

He's not bad, he's fine, but there is no way in hell that he is as good as he was in SSBB. His moves have more lag, and therefore are less spammable, his range on almost all of his attacks has been shortened and his aerials are much less reliable.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#1520 Posted: 13:44:09 26/02/2015

He's not bad, he's fine, but there is no way in hell that he is as good as he was in SSBB. His moves have more lag, and therefore are less spammable, his range on almost all of his attacks has been shortened and his aerials are much less reliable.

Plus his smashing capabilities are really bad. ...But then again, so are most supposed "high tiered characters." I just don't get how all the high tier characters are the ones with non-existant smashing capabilities. Speed and durability mean nothing if you can't kill your opponent, and on that note, most of them AREN'T durable.
#1521 Posted: 14:55:22 26/02/2015
Quote: MugoUrth

Plus his smashing capabilities are really bad. ...But then again, so are most supposed "high tiered characters." I just don't get how all the high tier characters are the ones with non-existant smashing capabilities. Speed and durability mean nothing if you can't kill your opponent, and on that note, most of them AREN'T durable.

The top 4 based on tiering, Rosalina, Sheik, Diddy, and ZSS, are there because of their fast attacks and the ability to rack up damage well because of it, while taking little to none in return on more skilled players. (Though I think Rosalina is there because of basically a 2v1 scenario every match, rather than super fast attacks, like the other 3.) Strong Smash attack mean little to nothing at high percentages, as your opponent will be flying off much easier.
---
you never saw me
#1522 Posted: 23:38:14 26/02/2015

The top 4 based on tiering, Rosalina, Sheik, Diddy, and ZSS, are there because of their fast attacks and the ability to rack up damage well because of it, while taking little to none in return on more skilled players. (Though I think Rosalina is there because of basically a 2v1 scenario every match, rather than super fast attacks, like the other 3.) Strong Smash attack mean little to nothing at high percentages, as your opponent will be flying off much easier.

Yeah, but with no good smash attacks, they would have to rack up LOTS of damage in order to KO an opponent. A character like Bowser can KO something before it hits 100%, yet he's not considered that high tier just cause he can't combo? Plus, Shiek, Zero Suit Samus's and Diddy's attacks are awkward, predictable and easy to counter. Even Bowser's attacks are less predictable. And Rosie's attacks are actually of decent speed, especially her side special. Plus, a good player can use Luma in a variety of unpredictable strategies.

I think it's just a case of speedtards thinking that speed is everything and as long as something's fast, it's automatically god tier.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:42:16 26/02/2015 by MugoUrth
#1523 Posted: 23:44:49 26/02/2015
Quote:
Yeah, but with no good smash attacks, they would have to rack up LOTS of damage in order to KO an opponent.

Smash attacks are far from the only way to KO. For a lot of characters, it's not their best KO option.
---
#1524 Posted: 23:47:51 26/02/2015
Quote:
Yeah, but with no good smash attacks, they would have to rack up LOTS of damage in order to KO an opponent.

Smash attacks are far from the only way to KO. For a lot of characters, it's not their best KO option.

Oh right, cause I'm POSITIVE good players are dumb enough to get meteor smashed. Personally, again I think it's just speedtards deciding things. Speed and fast attacks aren't everything. Power and weight counts too.
#1525 Posted: 23:55:08 26/02/2015

Yeah, but with no good smash attacks, they would have to rack up LOTS of damage in order to KO an opponent. A character like Bowser can KO something before it hits 100%, yet he's not considered that high tier just cause he can't combo? Plus, Shiek, Zero Suit Samus's and Diddy's attacks are pretty predictable and easy to counter. Even Bowser's attacks are less predictable.

I think it's just a case of speedtards thinking that speed is everything and as long as something's fast, it's automatically god tier.

Unlike Smogon's bull**** Pokemon tiers, I BELIEVE (could be wrong) that the Smash tiering is based on how many tournaments were won with that particular character, last time I checked. Yeah, Bowser is strong, but is one of the bigger characters and thus can be hit multiple times due to his size by someone like Diddy before he can even land an attack. Though yes, I agree that they are predictable, but when I came across some Diddys and ZSSs online, they were the ones that gave me the most trouble. (And those Marths that refuse to attack you and then when you come up to attack them, they counter and unleash a hell of a lot of follow up attacks.)
---
you never saw me
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:42:42 27/02/2015 by I-Brawler
#1526 Posted: 14:06:39 27/02/2015

Yeah, but with no good smash attacks, they would have to rack up LOTS of damage in order to KO an opponent. A character like Bowser can KO something before it hits 100%, yet he's not considered that high tier just cause he can't combo? Plus, Shiek, Zero Suit Samus's and Diddy's attacks are pretty predictable and easy to counter. Even Bowser's attacks are less predictable.

Unlike Smogon's bull**** Pokemon tiers, I BELIEVE (could be wrong) that the Smash tiering is based on how many tournaments were won with that particular character, last time I checked. Yeah, Bowser is strong, but is one of the bigger characters and thus can be hit multiple times due to his size by someone like Diddy before he can even land an attack. Though yes, I agree that they are predictable, but when I came across some Diddys and ZSSs online, they were the ones that gave me the most trouble. (And those Marths that refuse to attack you and then when you come up to attack them, they counter and unleash a hell of a lot of follow up attacks.)

Yeah, Bowser kind of relies on how smart the user is. A really good Bowser player can still dodge attacks and send the hurt-down. Me, I'm okay but I can't say I really take pride in my skills with him. The other day I fought a Pikachu player, and I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed in myself every time I fell for fake-out motions. Still, the one satisfaction I got out of that fight was that Pikachu was at about 50-60 so percent of damage, and with one well-timed dropkick, Pikachu was gone. I still lost, but I did kind of feel good about that attack, and I did kind of admire the dude's skill.

As for the counter-spammers, they sound like the kind of characters only idiots fall for. A counter has to be unexpected, and is not exactly ideal against divebombers like Bowser or Yoshi or the Mii Brawler. ...Speaking of Yoshi, I'm kinda surprised that a character that's been considered low-tier for so long is actually considered high-tier in this game.
#1527 Posted: 15:17:26 27/02/2015

Yeah, Bowser kind of relies on how smart the user is. A really good Bowser player can still dodge attacks and send the hurt-down. Me, I'm okay but I can't say I really take pride in my skills with him. The other day I fought a Pikachu player, and I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed in myself every time I fell for fake-out motions. Still, the one satisfaction I got out of that fight was that Pikachu was at about 50-60 so percent of damage, and with one well-timed dropkick, Pikachu was gone. I still lost, but I did kind of feel good about that attack, and I did kind of admire the dude's skill.

As for the counter-spammers, they sound like the kind of characters only idiots fall for. A counter has to be unexpected, and is not exactly ideal against divebombers like Bowser or Yoshi or the Mii Brawler. ...Speaking of Yoshi, I'm kinda surprised that a character that's been considered low-tier for so long is actually considered high-tier in this game.

100% agree with first paragraph. Smash is all about skill.

Counter Spammers seem easy to deal with on paper, but actually going in and fighting them is awful. If you get through on a very experienced player, I applaud you.

As for Yoshi, here is all the positive changes he got from Brawl to Smash 4.
(copied from Smash Wiki)
Yoshi is able to jump out of shield for the first time since the original SSB. This greatly expands his defensive options and allows him to combat pressuring situations with much greater ease than in Brawl.
Yoshi dashes faster.
Neutral attack hit 1 can set up moves more reliably, particularly up smashes.
Forward and down tilts have been sped up.
Yoshi has a new dash attack: a running kick. Compared to the old headbutt, it has more range, less lag, and a longer slide afterwards.
Yoshi has a new up smash: a backflip kick similar to Fox's. Compared to the old headbutt, it has less ending lag with more knockback.
Down smash has much stronger knockback, and is now a reliable KOing move again (although it's not as powerful as it was in Melee).
Forward aerial is much faster.
Back aerial now has a more accentuated final hit and hits connect better.
Down aerial's final blow now hits grounded opponents horizontally, which makes the move safer to use on grounded, non-shielding opponents. The animation is also significantly faster.
Egg Roll no longer puts Yoshi into a helpless state. Yoshi can also, for the first time ever, jump whilst in the egg roll, allowing the player to mix up the way by which he/she approaches the target as well as dodge incoming projectiles.
Thrown eggs travel faster.
Aerial Yoshi Bomb has been given KOing potential again, restoring its niche as a situational finisher and a potent surprise tactic.

The positives out-count the negatives, at 13-11. If you want to see said negatives, be my guest.
---
you never saw me
#1528 Posted: 15:58:48 27/02/2015
Quote:

Oh right, cause I'm POSITIVE good players are dumb enough to get meteor smashed. Personally, again I think it's just speedtards deciding things. Speed and fast attacks aren't everything. Power and weight counts too.

This entirely depends on the character.

Certain characters are hard to meteor Smash (e.g. Bowser, as Whirling Fortress protects him), but Duck Hunt Duo have a very slow recovery that doesn't protect them at all, so they could easily be metoer smashed.

But there are many ways to KO opponents that don't involve Smash attacks. One prime example is stage spiking (footage is from Brawl, but it applies to any game in the series).

---
#1529 Posted: 01:58:06 28/02/2015

Bowser is a bit underrated in this game, but unlike our general consensus of the top 4 characters (Rosalina, Sheik, Diddy Kong and ZSS) he lacks any spammable ranged attacks, and is pretty limited in combo capability. The previously mentioned top 4 not only excel at speed, but have incredibly convenient special attacks, good aerial moves, and reliable ways of racking up damage. Plus, with the exception of Rosalina, they aren't very big targets. Their smashing capability is still stronger than that of, say, Pikachu's Jigglypuff's or Toon Link's, a fast character with more limited launching ability would be Sonic or Meta Knight. A good Bowser player can kick major ass in certain matches, but those top 4 are actually extremely well rounded characters who excel in much ore than just speed.
#1530 Posted: 14:10:55 28/02/2015

Bowser is a bit underrated in this game, but unlike our general consensus of the top 4 characters (Rosalina, Sheik, Diddy Kong and ZSS) he lacks any spammable ranged attacks, and is pretty limited in combo capability. The previously mentioned top 4 not only excel at speed, but have incredibly convenient special attacks, good aerial moves, and reliable ways of racking up damage. Plus, with the exception of Rosalina, they aren't very big targets. Their smashing capability is still stronger than that of, say, Pikachu's Jigglypuff's or Toon Link's, a fast character with more limited launching ability would be Sonic or Meta Knight. A good Bowser player can kick major ass in certain matches, but those top 4 are actually extremely well rounded characters who excel in much ore than just speed.

I still don't get Diddy, ZSS or Sheik's appeal. They have fast ground speed, but their attacks aren't really that hasty nor are they terribly hard to predict despite what you've said. They sound like the kind of characters that need to be on their opponent the ENTIRE MATCH in order to be good, and that's if they can get to them in the first place. They're also generally easy to KO for a really good player. I think the main reason they are so high is, besides speednoobs, the guys who use them could use PICHU and still own everything, those are just the characters they choose to use for reasons that hardly involve their actual gameplay.
#1531 Posted: 14:30:40 28/02/2015
They're up there because they're good. Really good, and it isn't hard for anyone to learn how to use them, though more experienced ones will use them better, y'know? Let's take what makes Sheik good compared to what makes Bowser good.

Sheik
- Fast running speed
- Easily fireable ranged attacks
- Good recovery
- Strong Smashes
- Easy to keep opponents at a distance

Bowser
- Moderate running speed but still quite fast
- VERY strong Smashes
- Specials have their uses, some more than others
- Air attacks are very good
- One of the heaviest characters and thus harder to KO

However, what Bowser doesn't have compared to Sheik and the others is Ranged Attacks, and Spammability. This doesn't make him bad by any means, because in the right hands he's a monster. And just going by ranged attacks alone,

Rosalina has the Luma Shot
Diddy has the Peanut Popgun
Sheik has the Needle Storm
ZSS has the (though less distance) Stun Gun(or whatever its name is)
Bowser has nothing, except the poor range Fire Breath. And if he's facing against a good Sheik player, he's probably going to lose.

Now, I'm not saying that "this character is bad, use this character instead" because I'm actually quite decent with every character, though some more than others. (Luigi being the "some more than others" part) I, along with others, am just trying to tell you what makes these characters good and why people use them over others.
---
you never saw me
#1532 Posted: 16:15:58 28/02/2015
They're up there because they're good. Really good, and it isn't hard for anyone to learn how to use them, though more experienced ones will use them better, y'know? Let's take what makes Sheik good compared to what makes Bowser good.

Sheik
- Fast running speed
- Good recovery
- Strong Smashes

Bowser
- VERY strong Smashes

However, what Bowser doesn't have compared to Sheik and the others is Ranged Attacks, and Spammability. This doesn't make him bad by any means, because in the right hands he's a monster. And just going by ranged attacks alone,

Bowser has nothing, except the poor range Fire Breath. And if he's facing against a good Sheik player, he's probably going to lose.

Now, I'm not saying that "this character is bad, use this character instead" because I'm actually quite decent with every character, though some more than others. (Luigi being the "some more than others" part) I, along with others, am just trying to tell you what makes these characters good and why people use them over others.

Custom Fire Roar can go about 3/4 of FD.
#1533 Posted: 16:36:57 28/02/2015
^ Yeah, but you can't use customs on For Glory mode.
---
you never saw me
#1534 Posted: 17:44:51 28/02/2015

Since when are we talking about For Glory?
#1535 Posted: 17:50:00 28/02/2015

Well, For Glory is the "competitive" side of Smash, kind of. Most official tournaments would follow For Glory standards with Final Destination, No items, No customs. Since tiers were brought into the discussion I assumed Mugo was talking about For Glory only.
---
you never saw me
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:50:22 28/02/2015 by I-Brawler
#1536 Posted: 18:07:59 28/02/2015

Since the beginning of the competitive gaming discussion.
#1537 Posted: 18:23:17 28/02/2015
Doesn't Evo 2015 allow customs though?
#1538 Posted: 23:46:21 28/02/2015

Sheik
- Fast running speed
- Good recovery
- Strong Smashes

Bowser
- VERY strong Smashes

True. Bowser really is the Zangeif of the game, and relies on being close ranged. While they're particularly fast short ranged attacks, they are still short ranged.

I can sort of see where Sheik's and ZSS's appeal is, but I just don't see anything redeeming in Diddy Kong. I may be using him wrong, but no matter how many times I do, he just seems useless.

Well, For Glory is the "competitive" side of Smash, kind of. Most official tournaments would follow For Glory standards with Final Destination, No items, No customs. Since tiers were brought into the discussion I assumed Mugo was talking about For Glory only.

That's actually how I usually play is with "For Glory" style matches, so in a way yes I was kind of talking about it.

Also, never heard of Evo 2015.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:48:00 28/02/2015 by MugoUrth
#1539 Posted: 20:44:04 04/03/2015
I got my Smash CD a few days ago smilie
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#1540 Posted: 21:06:03 04/03/2015
I got my Smash CD a few days ago smilie

Lucky. Mine still hasn't come yet. smilie
Grimslinger91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#1541 Posted: 23:15:51 04/03/2015
I don't even know if my CD has even been shipped yet.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1542 Posted: 02:38:28 05/03/2015
I don't have an SD card, but I took this cool pic while trying my Shulk amiibo, I thought you'd all like it.
[User Posted Image]
#1543 Posted: 11:28:12 05/03/2015
^Pretty dank bruh.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#1544 Posted: 01:34:00 07/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Just got my Smash CD in the mail!
gillgrunt987 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7638
#1545 Posted: 13:14:02 07/03/2015
(excuse the flipped image)
[User Posted Image]

My Smash CD just came too!
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#1546 Posted: 13:19:48 07/03/2015
Anyone wanna smash?
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#1547 Posted: 21:53:11 07/03/2015
I do, but I have, no idea how to do it with a specific person.
---
Dead
#1548 Posted: 23:06:08 07/03/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
I don't have an SD card, but I took this cool pic while trying my Shulk amiibo, I thought you'd all like it.
[User Posted Image]

I keep forgetting how good the Wii U version looks; I only really play the 3DS version because I carry my 3DS everywhere I go. But if I'm sitting down, I like to play the Wii U version.

Quote: mega spyro
I do, but I have, no idea how to do it with a specific person.

WHat do you mean?
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1549 Posted: 23:41:06 07/03/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
[User Posted Image]

I keep forgetting how good the Wii U version looks; I only really play the 3DS version because I carry my 3DS everywhere I go. But if I'm sitting down, I like to play the Wii U version.

The Wii U version is gorgeous. I love it.
A lot of the stages are beautifully made too, like Gaur Plain.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1550 Posted: 00:02:02 08/03/2015
*waits patiently for Mewtwo gameplay footage*
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
First | Previous | Page 31 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me