Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Everybody Rejoice. Spiderman to the MCU!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1
Everybody Rejoice. Spiderman to the MCU!!!!!!! [CLOSED]
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#1 Posted: 20:13:49 10/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Sony and Disney have made a deal to bring Spiderman to the MCU.

Teh article.
http://www.ign.com/articles/20...ematic-universe

This is the best day ever.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:14:38 10/02/2015 by Wreckingball13
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#2 Posted: 20:24:03 10/02/2015
Amazing news. Does this mean the ASM films are being retconned and future titles (e.g. Sinister Six or Venom) are being canned?
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6132
#3 Posted: 20:28:51 10/02/2015
I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this.

Sure, it'll be nice to see him included with the other Marvel line-up in things like the Avengers where he can be there with all the other major Marvel heroes, but at the same time I'm not that happy about this announcement.

While I do enjoy watching the MCU movies, I find them incredibly overrated and highly centered towards big action scenes and especially with Avengers just throwing a ton of big names stars and characters together for money. Similar to what people may complain about with the Transformer movies. I am a rather big fan of Spiderman and while I have liked all his movies, I have more-so enjoyed the reboot Amazing Spiderman films as I feel they stick a bit closer to the comics and are overall better made than the original trilogy of films. I was rather looking forward to a third Amazing Spiderman movie and possibly seeing more involving the backstory with peter's parents not to mention how he dealt with what occurred at the end Amazing Spiderman 2 and it possibly leading into Felicia Hardy and/or Mary Jane getting introduced. This announcement somewhat makes me fear for the future of the franchise now, wondering if it'll turn into another overrated action flick centered more on watching Spidey punch [Insert Villain] in the face than his own issues as well as the story of said villain, intertwining them together to make for good action accompanied by a interesting story.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:41:11 10/02/2015 by Seiki
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6555
#4 Posted: 22:06:44 10/02/2015
I didn't like Amazing Spider-Man 2 so I'm glad about Spidey coming to the MCU. I'm kinda upset Black Panther and Captain Marvel were pushed back though because of Spider-Man... I am thinking Spidey will show up in Captain America: Civil War and reveal his secret identity, also revealing Spider-Man in the MCU and who will be playing him. But I could be wrong.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8741
#5 Posted: 22:31:50 10/02/2015
I hope Wright gets to direct his movie as he is perfect for the role in my opinion.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3336
#6 Posted: 23:47:37 10/02/2015
So guys, basically what this means is that Andrew Garfield, he's out. I feel he made a great portrayal as Spidey but the problem was that Sony's writing and direction was just god-awful and people took it out on Andy. If Marvel had made a Spidey movie with Garfield it would've been great, but all that aside. They are rebooting Spider-man, he will have his own film in 2017 and Will make a cameo appearance along with Doctor Strange in Civil War, so we're getting a new Spidey. What this means is TASM3 (Which I was actually looking forward to -.-) Is out, and they've scrapped production on Sinister Six until the unforeseeable future. What this means for the Venom standalone I am not sure. The problem is that Sony still has control over Spidey so if Marvel wants to write him a certain way and Sony doesn't like that then it may **** up the character and the movies completely.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#7 Posted: 23:52:41 10/02/2015
First Sony plans 4 total films after the first ASM's success, then confirms Sinister Six and Venom films, then delays ASM3, then kicks Andrew Garfield out of the films, then does this deal, with no clue as to who will play spider man next, no clue if they will continue the Amazing series or reboot it again, while simultaneously wanting to have avengers cross over with their spider man films, along with no confirmation as to what's happening now with the Sinister Six and Venom films.

Marvel should've just bought the license back. Sony has no idea what to do with Spider-Man to the point where all these rushed decisions might make up for a spider man movie worse than ASM2 or SM3.
---
Cool cool.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8741
#8 Posted: 23:55:30 10/02/2015
I would like if Garfield were to die in ASM3 and be replaced with a black guy to play Miles Morales. Only in my wet dreams.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#9 Posted: 00:03:59 11/02/2015
Quote: somePerson
I would like if Garfield were to die in ASM3 and be replaced with a black guy to play Miles Morales. Only in my wet dreams.

i was literally going to mention this just now. Miles Morales would be an interesting take for Spider-Man instead of re-hashing the Peter Parker story for the third time.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:04:37 11/02/2015 by pankakesparx456
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me