Forum

Poll

13 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V2!
First | Previous | Page 28 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V2! [CLOSED]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8478
#1351 Posted: 22:04:41 16/01/2015
Quote: somePerson
Quote: WilltheWizard
SMASH LEAK!!!

[User Posted Image]

Did you really just watermark your name on an image you found on the internet?

It's fake, for one thing.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8793
#1352 Posted: 22:19:53 16/01/2015
OMG!!
[User Posted Image]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6279
#1353 Posted: 01:08:21 17/01/2015
^Damn man the stuff you can pull off with editing software nowadays is fantastic.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3600
#1354 Posted: 03:11:28 17/01/2015
OMG!!
[User Posted Image]

goku looks like he has boobs
---
My life is complete.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#1355 Posted: 04:42:09 17/01/2015
Argh, I feel like I am completely terrible at the game because of how terrible I do in For Glory. Aurgh.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#1356 Posted: 05:06:32 17/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: WilltheWizard
SMASH LEAK!!!

*snip

Why would you watermark that image? It's also the worst placement and look of one too.

Note to everyone: Don't believe any leaks that come out about Smash Bros. The only leaks that were true was the Ninka/Vanroose leak and the ESRB leak, everything else was false.
#1357 Posted: 00:38:51 20/01/2015
Is a 3rd tournament going to be held anytime soon? I would, but I am terrible at organization.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#1358 Posted: 03:05:22 20/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Underian
Is a 3rd tournament going to be held anytime soon? I would, but I am terrible at organization.

I'm thinking about holding a 3rd tourney on the Wii U when that feature comes out. For now though, it's up to someone else.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#1359 Posted: 10:12:09 29/01/2015
Nintendo wasn't very vocal about this, but Version 1.0.2 for Smash Wii U just went live today!

Not much has changed, but one major addition was made - 15 more stages are now available to use in 8-Player Smash. Those stages are:

Mario Circuit (X aka Brawl)
Luigi's Mansion
Pyrosphere
Norfair
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2
Town and City
Smashville
Wii Fit Stuido
Mario Galaxy (Omega)
Mario Circuit (X, Omega)
The Great Cave Offensive (Omega)
Lylat Cruise (Omega)
Pokemon Stadium 2 (Omega)
Town and City (Omega)

Also, "Fixed various problems to make the game more enjoyable", but no word on what those changes are. However, old replays still work, so character balance and advanced techniques have not been adjusted in any way.

Also, some of the above stages are a bit different when playing with 6 Players or more:

Mario Circuit - lacks shyguys
Luigi's Mansion - Can't be destroyed
Pyrosphere - lacks ridley
Norfair - no lava at all
Lylat Cruise - no ships flying around
Pokémon Stadium 2 - lacks stage transitions
Town and City - All background characters removed
Smashville - All background characters removed (cept petey, he stayed at a slow framerate)
Studio Wii Fit - no mirror background
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:23:47 29/01/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#1360 Posted: 22:43:11 31/01/2015
I made a room on Wii U if anybody wants to join! smilie
---
My life is complete.
#1361 Posted: 22:59:01 31/01/2015
^I'm coming.
#1362 Posted: 23:50:37 31/01/2015
Quote: CAV
^I'm coming.

Sorry, I closed the room since no one came.
---
My life is complete.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#1363 Posted: 23:27:50 01/02/2015
I've been watching a lot of spectator matches, and I notice a few things.

1: Kirby is very popular in Smash battles.
2: A lot of people always seem to use the "evil" or black pallets a character has.
3: I've been playing with Rosalina and Luma a lot and she may be a hard character to use, but she's also pretty fun and can be strong when used right. ...But I NEVER see her in spectator mode. I feel like I've seen just about every other character in smash at least once. ...Except I'm the only person I know who uses her online. My main is Yoshi, but I like playing as Rosie and Luma, Wii Fit Trainer and a few other characters as well.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8478
#1364 Posted: 00:00:35 02/02/2015
Quote: MugoUrth
I've been watching a lot of spectator matches, and I notice a few things.

1: Kirby is very popular in Smash battles.
2: A lot of people always seem to use the "evil" or black pallets a character has.
3: I've been playing with Rosalina and Luma a lot and she may be a hard character to use, but she's also pretty fun and can be strong when used right. ...But I NEVER see her in spectator mode. I feel like I've seen just about every other character in smash at least once. ...Except I'm the only person I know who uses her online. My main is Yoshi, but I like playing as Rosie and Luma, Wii Fit Trainer and a few other characters as well.

1. Kirby is amazing. So it's not surprising.

2. The reason is because dark colors are cool, mysterious, badass and often misunderstood, just like the players who choose those colors (Well, they think that they're like that)

3. I rarely use Rosalina, though she is fun.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:00:53 02/02/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
#1365 Posted: 00:04:01 02/02/2015
Well, Rosalina actually used to be used A LOT online, at least from my experience before the patch that balanced out the characters. I'm guessing it's because people don't see her as 'good' anymore. At least, that's what I think.
#1366 Posted: 19:05:16 02/02/2015
I think she is still good, she's just hard to use. She's sort of a gimmick character, but combining Rosie and Luma's powers is the key to using her, and they can often be used to juggle fighters if used right. Her neutral special can be good for smashing from afar and sending Luma out to attack where needed, and their side special can deal quick and easy damage as well. I think the down special is meant mostly to protect Luma, since you could mostly just use the shield to protect against projectiles.
#1367 Posted: 01:36:53 07/02/2015
Holy crap sonicbrawler, why won't you let me join your game? It's getting really annoying now, and I'm now pissed.
---
My life is complete.
#1368 Posted: 02:48:31 07/02/2015
Quote: Underian
Well, Rosalina actually used to be used A LOT online, at least from my experience before the patch that balanced out the characters. I'm guessing it's because people don't see her as 'good' anymore. At least, that's what I think.

She's still considered top tier, but ever since Diddy got popular, everyone uses him now.

Quote: MagicFizz
Holy crap sonicbrawler, why won't you let me join your game? It's getting really annoying now, and I'm now pissed.

I let you join, but then you left. A bit after that, CAV, his friend, and myself wanted to play some private matches, including a good few 1-on-1 rounds.
---
#1369 Posted: 18:24:00 07/02/2015
Anybody want to Smash? Just send me a Miiverse message or just repky to me here.
---
My life is complete.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#1370 Posted: 20:02:33 07/02/2015
Anybody want to Smash? Just send me a Miiverse message or just repky to me here.

I'll smash you.

Edit: I didn't realize you posted that nearly 2 hours ago. If you want to smash again, please PM me, as I check my PMs more than the Video Game board.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:03:58 07/02/2015 by Mesuxelf
#1371 Posted: 13:29:50 08/02/2015
Anybody want to Smash? Just send me a Miiverse message or just reply to me here.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
---
My life is complete.
#1372 Posted: 14:10:36 08/02/2015
Anybody want to Smash? Just send me a Miiverse message or just reply to me here.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I PM'd you asking you smilie
plx repsnod
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1373 Posted: 14:39:48 08/02/2015
Is Meta Knight still good?
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#1374 Posted: 15:20:45 08/02/2015
Quote: Sleepy0429

...Was he ever good? I might not know how to use him or something, but every time I try to use him, I end up with a character that has non-existent smashing capabilities and moves that are weak and difficult to use. Again, I might not be using him right, but I've never been able to make use of him.
#1375 Posted: 15:22:58 08/02/2015
messuuuuuuuuuuuuuxxelfff reply 2 my pm
---
My life is complete.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#1376 Posted: 16:05:36 08/02/2015
To be honest every character is good if you use them right.

The Smash tier list was (if I recall correctly) based on how many tournaments were won with that particular character.
---
you never saw me
#1377 Posted: 16:11:44 08/02/2015

...Was he ever good? I might not know how to use him or something, but every time I try to use him, I end up with a character that has non-existent smashing capabilities and moves that are weak and difficult to use. Again, I might not be using him right, but I've never been able to make use of him.

He was amazing in Brawl. Like, broken.

Sorrry I had to halp my dad with shoveling the snowwwww smilie
Quote: I-Brawler

The Smash tier list was (if I recall correctly) based on how many tournaments were won with that particular character.

Except Mii Swordfighter. No one likes that guy.
#1378 Posted: 16:22:48 08/02/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf

Sorrry I had to halp my dad with shoveling the snowwwww :(

You mean Brawler?
#1379 Posted: 16:25:56 08/02/2015

You mean Brawler?

No. If I meant Brawler, I would've said Brawler.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1380 Posted: 19:39:33 08/02/2015

He was severely nerfed in the 3DS/U games.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#1381 Posted: 20:36:51 08/02/2015
If I had a dollar for every time I lost due to lag in SSB I would ****ing rich.
#1382 Posted: 21:16:13 08/02/2015
64 Pikachu
Melee Fox
Brawl Meta Knight
Sm4sh Diddy

Who would win in a 4 man free for all?

He was nerfed for the most part but while some people claim he's terrible, he still has some potential in him.

He was considered god-tier in Brawl and had such an advantage over everyone else that many tournaments banned him from use, making him the only character in Smash history to be banned.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:17:52 08/02/2015 by CAV
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#1383 Posted: 21:21:33 08/02/2015

Sorrry I had to halp my dad with shoveling the snowwwww :(

You mean Brawler?

Subtle.
---
you never saw me
#1384 Posted: 21:44:27 08/02/2015
Mii Brawler is considered fairly good. Gunner is low tier and Swordfighter is always at the bottom.

People also tend to agree that Palutena isn't very good with her default moveset, though Anther's ladder's tier list suggests that she may be better than we realize (especially when custom moves are allowed). As someone who uses her as a pocket main, this is good news.
#1385 Posted: 22:08:12 08/02/2015
Could someone please explain to me why Charizard is considered bad? He has lots of KO potential, with Uair killing ~ 90%, a powerful meteor smash, and long ranged moves.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7038
#1386 Posted: 22:29:40 08/02/2015
64 Pikachu
Melee Fox
Brawl Meta Knight
Sm4sh Diddy

He was nerfed for the most part but while some people claim he's terrible, he still has some potential in him.

He was considered god-tier in Brawl and had such an advantage over everyone else that many tournaments banned him from use, making him the only character in Smash history to be banned.

I think Zero Suit Samus, Rosalina and Sheik are all slightly stronger than Diddy kong in their own ways #thisgamewasmadebyfeminists
#1387 Posted: 22:36:29 08/02/2015
64 Pikachu
Melee Fox
Brawl Meta Knight
Sm4sh Diddy

Melee Fox or Brawl MK
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6139
#1388 Posted: 22:45:01 08/02/2015

I rather like one Swordfighter I made. Gunner sux, but the one Swordfighter and one Brawler are part of my mains.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#1389 Posted: 22:58:59 08/02/2015
Quote: Seiki

I rather like one Swordfighter I made. Gunner sux, but the one Swordfighter and one Brawler are part of my mains.

I like the gunner. My friend is good with the sword fighter, but my sword fighter sucks.
#1390 Posted: 00:08:57 09/02/2015
Quote: Mrmorrises
I think Zero Suit Samus, Rosalina and Sheik are all slightly stronger than Diddy kong in their own ways #thisgamewasmadebyfeminists

It's all up for debate and will continue to be debated as the game evolves and people learn new things about characters. But I was going with who was currently considered the best in the game, and right now that's Diddy.
#1391 Posted: 00:10:56 09/02/2015

It's all up for debate and will continue to be debated as the game evolves and people learn new things about characters. But I was going with who was currently considered the best in the game, and right now that's Diddy.

The tier list on eventhubs says Rosalina.

http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/ssb4/
#1392 Posted: 01:00:34 09/02/2015
^Very interesting. I've seen different from Anther's and r/smashbros.

Though frankly r/smashbros' lists shouldn't be taken seriously. Cap Falcon is good but his place on that list may be inflated due to popularity.
#1393 Posted: 01:54:04 10/02/2015
Could someone please explain to me why Charizard is considered bad? He has lots of KO potential, with Uair killing ~ 90%, a powerful meteor smash, and long ranged moves.

I think it might be because he's slow and predictable, but really even he can be strong in the right hands.

I think SB4 is about the most balanced of the Smash Brothers games IMO. I agree with that entirely.

IMO, I think Rosalina and Luma can be the absolute best character in the game, but she's also one of the absolute HARDEST characters to use except for maybe Olimar.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1394 Posted: 11:36:16 10/02/2015
Yeesh, I just checked the tier lists. Why the hell is Bowser so low on the list? Some of his moves have KO potential at less than 70%, with his Side Smash KOing at around 60%.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#1395 Posted: 12:39:54 10/02/2015
Quote: Matteomax
Yeesh, I just checked the tier lists. Why the hell is Bowser so low on the list? Some of his moves have KO potential at less than 70%, with his Side Smash KOing at around 60%.

Because he has absolutely no combo potential and his attacks are really easy to avoid, while he is super easy to hit and combo. He's a one-trick pony.
---
#1396 Posted: 13:36:25 10/02/2015

Quote: sonicbrawler182

He's so heavy.

Because he has absolutely no combo potential and his attacks are really easy to avoid, while he is super easy to hit and combo. He's a one-trick pony.

He has some combos, but a 3 move combo at best.
#1397 Posted: 16:00:58 10/02/2015
I also often disagree with Little Mac being so low on most tier lists. His air game is terribad, sure, but he's also incredibly dangerous on the ground. Good players know to avoid the edge of the stage and situations where Mac could be placed helpless in the air, and sometimes even use some of those air attacks to their advantage (nair has some potential in it).
#1398 Posted: 16:49:51 10/02/2015
Little Mac is kinda low-ish because in tournaments, you aren't just playing on FD. Battlefield, Smashville, Town & City, etc, all come into play. Mac really just drops exponentially on a stage with platforms.
---
#1399 Posted: 17:01:10 10/02/2015
^Even still he can prove very dangerous on the ground, and keeping him in the air is more difficult against a player that knows what they're doing. If he had a better air game he would likely be one of the best characters in the game. Putting him in the bottom tiers for it is overly harsh and downplays how good he could be.
#1400 Posted: 19:50:37 10/02/2015
^Even still he can prove very dangerous on the ground, and keeping him in the air is more difficult against a player that knows what they're doing. If he had a better air game he would likely be one of the best characters in the game. Putting him in the bottom tiers for it is overly harsh and downplays how good he could be.

I agree, good Little Mac players can put up a serious fight.

Although, for the record, in online mode, Little Mac is like the ultimate character that inexperienced players tend to pick, probably expecting to wreck you, but then Mac's poor air game gets taken advantage of and they end up dying at least five times per round.

I guess what I'm saying is, when you're against a solid Mac player they can be surprisingly good, but when you're against a sub-par Mac player it is the easiest fight ever.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:54:58 10/02/2015 by Mrmorrises
First | Previous | Page 28 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me