Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > My credit card information got stolen...
Page 1 of 1
My credit card information got stolen... [CLOSED]
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1 Posted: 01:13:16 22/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Someone bought $60 bucks worth on Steam and $300 at Walmart.

The worst part is since it already went through, I have to pay for it all myself. Goodbye Xbox 360 and Lucina amiibo.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#2 Posted: 01:18:15 22/01/2015
No, you don't. Call your bank and have them cancel the card. They'll send you a new one.

They will give you the money back. Happened to me once.
#3 Posted: 01:23:17 22/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: zer0dch
No, you don't. Call your bank and have them cancel the card. They'll send you a new one.

They will give you the money back. Happened to me once.

That's not how my bank works. If you have charges before its reported, they assume it's you.

I already called and I have to go pick up the replacement tomorrow at noon.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#4 Posted: 01:25:27 22/01/2015
But how would you know it was stolen for fraud until its used for the purchases? Some people would have assumed they left it in another room gone missing (which they should obviously cancel and get a new card)...

If that's true, then DAMN. I feel awful for you bud. If you don't mind me asking, what bank do you have? I have Bank of America, kind of an awful and evil corporation...but it just works.
#5 Posted: 01:27:45 22/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: zer0dch
But how would you know it was stolen for fraud until its used for the purchases? Some people would have assumed they left it in another room gone missing (which they should obviously cancel and get a new card)...

If that's true, then DAMN. I feel awful for you bud. If you don't mind me asking, what bank do you have? I have Bank of America, kind of an awful and evil corporation...but it just works.

I'm not gonna tell the actual bank names for kind of obvious reasons, but its the small local one in my hometown.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#6 Posted: 01:31:26 22/01/2015
I'd recommend switching or getting to a new bank. Honestly good banks would check to see if you made those purchases, so they can help you fight against fraud.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#7 Posted: 01:32:28 22/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Trix Master 100
I'd recommend switching or getting to a new bank. Honestly good banks would check to see if you made those purchases, so they can help you fight against fraud.

I'll probs end up asking them tomorrow to check tbh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me