Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
My laptop ****ing sucks [CLOSED]
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#1 Posted: 15:29:11 17/01/2015 | Topic Creator
I though it was charging this whole time, but when I checked 10 minutes ago, it was at 45% and it said it was charging. Now I check again and it says it's at 36% and charging.
I've had to take this damn laptop into repair 4 times now, and I've only had it for a year. That's every 3 months! And, the "c" key is dying, so I have to press really hard on it for it to work. I'm super pissed because it takes about 2 weeks to repair it, and I just got it back from the last repair 2 weeks ago. I want to punch something.

Guys, don't get Samsung laptops, stick to apple, I've never had a problem with those ones.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#2 Posted: 15:34:14 17/01/2015
Did you start charging it when it was at 45%? 'Cause you really shouldn't do that.

Gateways aren't bad, just a suggestion for the next time you get a laptop. They aren't as expensive as Apple and I've never had a problem with them.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, that really sucks. I hope your laptop feels better soon.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5779
#3 Posted: 15:36:54 17/01/2015
I've had the exact same problem with the battery decreasing in seconds even though it estimates a hour or such in such. I now have to keep it in the charger for the rest of my computer using time, which I rarely use it anymore, so it doesn't really hit me. Correct me if I'm talking about a complete off topic.

And with the "c" key, their is nothing really to do about it unless just repairing the key again, which you've stated in there.

Also I find punching something soft and rebounding, cures my anger more then punching a hard surface object. It really makes you feel better. You should try it. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:38:24 17/01/2015 by whirlwind fan
#4 Posted: 16:41:42 17/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: whirlwind fan
I've had the exact same problem with the battery decreasing in seconds even though it estimates a hour or such in such. I now have to keep it in the charger for the rest of my computer using time, which I rarely use it anymore, so it doesn't really hit me. Correct me if I'm talking about a complete off topic.

And with the "c" key, their is nothing really to do about it unless just repairing the key again, which you've stated in there.

Also I find punching something soft and rebounding, cures my anger more then punching a hard surface object. It really makes you feel better. You should try it. smilie

*punches pillow*

smilie
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#5 Posted: 16:46:08 17/01/2015
Apple?...

No.

But, I do know Samsung Laptops aren't the best,

I use a Toshiba running Windows 8.1 I've had for about a year, and don't have anything wrong with it, other than the fact that the sound Enhancements are stuck on one setting where it doesn't have bass, but I'm so used to changing it when I want to watch/listen to something, it doesn't bother me.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#6 Posted: 16:57:28 17/01/2015
Maybe someone at your repair place keeps screwing things up. Have you tried getting it repaired by someone else yet?

Otherwise, I'd say at this rate it's best to get a better laptop if it has broken every 3 months. It's not worth keeping at this point.
---
Cool cool.
#7 Posted: 17:52:10 17/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: pankakesparx456
Maybe someone at your repair place keeps screwing things up. Have you tried getting it repaired by someone else yet?

Otherwise, I'd say at this rate it's best to get a better laptop if it has broken every 3 months. It's not worth keeping at this point.

The place I get it repaired is Geek Squad in Best Buy. We only keep going back because we got their service for free when we bough the laptop.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#8 Posted: 18:03:34 17/01/2015
^Well if you keep having to go there, it obviously isn't doing you much good.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:03:54 17/01/2015 by AvatariDragon
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#9 Posted: 18:39:39 17/01/2015
Have you tried positive reinforcement? Maybe it just needs a little encouragement. XP
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
spyroisthebest8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2930
#10 Posted: 20:52:11 17/01/2015
Just get a new one lol! And you don't need an apple computer! I have an HP whatever one and it works fine, the screen cracked but I got it replaced and the repair guy said its good as new after all these years! And I don't wanna purchase a new laptop lol...
#11 Posted: 22:09:27 17/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyroisthebest8
Just get a new one lol! And you don't need an apple computer! I have an HP whatever one and it works fine, the screen cracked but I got it replaced and the repair guy said its good as new after all these years! And I don't wanna purchase a new laptop lol...

Not everyone can just afford a new laptop y'know...
spyroisthebest8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2930
#12 Posted: 01:44:54 18/01/2015
You can save up lol
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5779
#13 Posted: 02:16:31 18/01/2015
Quote: spyroisthebest8
You can save up lol

Why don't you just do this?!? Huh?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#14 Posted: 02:47:09 18/01/2015
You could replace the battery. A lot of Windows-based laptops can have parts replaced easily. And how else do you think so many tech-savvy folks are able to construct their own PCs? I imagine a new battery is pretty cheap compared to looking for a different laptop. Maybe not the keyboard though... <.>;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me