Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > THERE LOOKING FOR NEW HUNTERS!!!!!! (yay, yes!)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
THERE LOOKING FOR NEW HUNTERS!!!!!! (yay, yes!) [CLOSED]
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#101 Posted: 23:54:26 12/01/2015
Quote: Cynderfan507
Quote: HIR

smilie
HIR, do u wana b friends?

Of course. But only if I can a friends, c friends, d friends, and e friends too. <.>;

u can even z friends smilie

But you can't f friends, you have to wait to be in a relationship with them.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2637
#102 Posted: 23:56:19 12/01/2015
Quote: Mrmorrises

Of course. But only if I can a friends, c friends, d friends, and e friends too. <.>;

u can even z friends smilie

But you can't f friends, you have to wait to be in a relationship with them.

Although usually by that point theyre more than friends...

Giggity giggity
---
now its time to get funky
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#103 Posted: 00:04:15 13/01/2015
As has been said to others, don't apply if it's for fun. You get less than stellar mods that way and we'll end up back at the problem we had before.

Apply because you love this site and want to fix it. Apply because you want to help users.
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 10161
#104 Posted: 00:07:50 13/01/2015
It'd be really great to be able to help the forum out though I'm afraid I might be a little too serious or a little too strict ;
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#105 Posted: 00:22:18 13/01/2015
Only apply if you're willing to do the job, not because you want "power" or because you want to be "cool".

Trust me, you do not become "cool" by taking this position. I can't speak for the others, but I'm pretty sure I lost the friends I had on the site and just became a bigger enigma that I was before. <.<;

Honestly dude, I haven't seen any major loss of popularity you've suffered from being a mod. You're generally regarded as one of the best mods, it seems, and I've never really seen anyone bash your moderation skills. There was that whole thing about users calling you "overrated", but really, it wasn't even your fault, and they didn't seem to have anything personal against you; it was more because of the fact that during the summer of 2013 there were certain users posting about you 24/7.

But in a way I do see what you mean. Becoming a mod is kind of like having kids. By no means are you going to become a more social person with your friends and acquaintances by having a kid, but you do get the satisfaction of being responsible for the safety and security of a whole new human life. Being a mod may hinder your leisure time in which you can freely socialize with your chums, but you are taking on a big responsibility that, frankly, has had its importance underestimated here.
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#106 Posted: 00:33:50 13/01/2015

Trust me, you do not become "cool" by taking this position. I can't speak for the others, but I'm pretty sure I lost the friends I had on the site and just became a bigger enigma that I was before. <.<;

smilie
HIR, do u wana b friends?

What do you have against h friends and g friends?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:38:32 13/01/2015 by Troll Slug
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8733
#107 Posted: 00:34:59 13/01/2015
Only apply if you're willing to do the job, not because you want "power" or because you want to be "cool".

2013 begs to differ. >_>
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6683
#108 Posted: 00:36:16 13/01/2015
I went out with a rifle and killed 10 birds, 7 deer, a butterfly, a gatorade bottle, an Anaconda CD, and a weeaboo. hire me dark
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:36:43 13/01/2015 by DragonCamo
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#109 Posted: 01:15:00 13/01/2015
Quote: Iceclaw
It'd be really great to be able to help the forum out though I'm afraid I might be a little too serious or a little too strict ;

Same here.

Hopefully some good and super active ones are chosen. So trouble can be stopped sooner.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#110 Posted: 01:32:09 13/01/2015
Quote: DragonCamo
I went out with a rifle and killed 10 birds, 7 deer, a butterfly, a gatorade bottle, an Anaconda CD, and a weeaboo. hire me dark

pfffft

i killed nicki herself

beat dat n00b 360 noscope
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#111 Posted: 01:34:12 13/01/2015
Quote: Iceclaw

I am pretty sure a lot of people feel the same way. I know I do.
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4479
#112 Posted: 01:50:48 13/01/2015
I applied. :3
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#113 Posted: 01:52:17 13/01/2015
I'm tempted, but I feel like all the attention would be way too much. So nah.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#114 Posted: 02:15:44 13/01/2015
Quote: Windumup
Best wishes everyone. I was a moderator for a brony forum that was huge, constant users coming in every day. And I certainly post very frequently enough

This is darkSpyro. Not darkPony. Or darkBrony.
We are a lot crazier than a bunch of ten year olds who like MLP enough to join a forum about it.

Experience modding a bunch of bronies wont really help you too much
---
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#115 Posted: 02:16:59 13/01/2015
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx
Best wishes everyone. I was a moderator for a brony forum that was huge, constant users coming in every day. And I certainly post very frequently enough

We are a lot crazier than a bunch of ten year olds who like MLP enough to join a forum about it.

this website is very tame.

the userbase just lulls everyone into thinking it's 4chan /b/ levels of wild.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#116 Posted: 02:18:24 13/01/2015

As strange as it is, most of the mlp fanbase is teenagers to adults. While I don't like the mlp fandom, I have to admit moderating a forum for it wouldn't be easy. Please don't make assumptions. The forums he moderated might be even bigger than this one.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#117 Posted: 02:19:14 13/01/2015

I've seen first hand that bronies can and often are worse and harder to control than dS users here.
#118 Posted: 02:20:09 13/01/2015
Quote: HotDogAndZap

As strange as it is, most of the mlp fanbase is teenagers to adults. While I don't like the mlp fandom, I have to admit moderating a forum for it wouldn't be easy. Please don't make assumptions. The forums he moderated might be even bigger than this one.

Woww... that show is much more popular than I imagined.....
---
#119 Posted: 02:21:36 13/01/2015

a guy married his twilight sparkle plush.

you shouldn't go any deeper then that.
---
#120 Posted: 02:22:45 13/01/2015

I joined a brony forum purely to keep in contact with one of my good friends, and while I never visited the forums (I only used the pm system, to talk to my friend) I could tell it was a very large forum with thousands of users on at any given time.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:23:31 13/01/2015 by HotDogAndZap
#121 Posted: 02:23:55 13/01/2015

I joined a brony forums purely to keep in contact with one of my good friends, and while I never visited the forums (I only used the pm system, to talk to my friend) I could tell it was a very large forum with thousands of users on at any given time.

Like... what... just what...
---
#122 Posted: 02:24:55 13/01/2015

I joined a brony forums purely to keep in contact with one of my good friends, and while I never visited the forums (I only used the pm system, to talk to my friend) I could tell it was a very large forum with thousands of users on at any given time.

its really scary isnt it
they are growing in population and will soon be unstoppable
#123 Posted: 02:25:24 13/01/2015

its really scary isnt it

it'll die out eventually.

don't worry.
---
#124 Posted: 02:26:20 13/01/2015

its really scary isnt it

Lets build a bunker

Prepare for the aponylypse
---
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#125 Posted: 02:57:54 13/01/2015

A lot of people saw how great you were because of this. I think something good came out of it. I mean, people may not keep up with you, but they admire you.
I don't know what I'm saying. Just felt that you could see it as an event you lost some friends or you could see it as the day you became an inspiration.
JustFeltYouLookedDownUponTheDayYouBecameAHunterAndIThoughtICouldHappyItForYou.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:58:18 13/01/2015 by wspyro
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#126 Posted: 02:58:56 13/01/2015
Too much responsibility, not enough time.

Good luck to all of those who applied, hopefully dark chooses some good ones.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8733
#127 Posted: 03:18:13 13/01/2015

its really scary isnt it

Lets build a bunker

Prepare for the aponylypse

What type of bronys? Fans or *shudders* furries.

You never maintained this before and said your only experience was a chat room. smilie

Quote: skylandersspyro
i hope i get it i have been dying to moderate darkspyro my Christmas wish was to get it!!!

Well good luck, the competition may be tough. There may be some people with great experience moderating like me.

Wow.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:22:37 13/01/2015 by somePerson
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#128 Posted: 03:33:41 13/01/2015
This isn't the ONLY forum I visit, guys you dont realize the corners of the interwebs I visit. Yes I did a chat room, then later I moved up the mod ranks.

Edit: Also this may be derailing the topic a bit guys. Also if there was a "aponyocolypse" it would be the fans, we dont speak of the evil entities known as Cloppers (DONT LOOK IT UP!) and Furries (Dont look them up either! Your sanity will lower 50 levels)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:49:07 13/01/2015 by Windumup
#129 Posted: 03:35:12 13/01/2015
People seem to have a pretty good taste in moderators based on the reactions this topic is getting. An election actually wouldn't be a bad idea.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#130 Posted: 03:38:44 13/01/2015
Quote: wspyro

A lot of people saw how great you were because of this. I think something good came out of it. I mean, people may not keep up with you, but they admire you.
I don't know what I'm saying. Just felt that you could see it as an event you lost some friends or you could see it as the day you became an inspiration.
JustFeltYouLookedDownUponTheDayYouBecameAHunterAndIThoughtICouldHappyItForYou.

Personally, I find that people were just excited that I suddenly started posting on Stuff & Nonsense instead of remaining locked in obscurity on the "Life Support Boards" and Video Gaming. Especially since most of them didn't know me pre-2011 when I was just a hyperactive teen instead of a legitimate crazy person like I am now.

I got some less-than-kind words from folks I used to like via PM, Guestbook, and Skype. But I didn't really want to bring anything up publicly, because it didn't concern anyone else. 2013 was just a random hiccup and thankfully things seem to have gone back to me going relatively unnoticed aside from veteran users or snarky comments from newer members. *shrug*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#131 Posted: 03:58:47 13/01/2015
If anybody even cares; I deleted my app because I'd be a pretty crappy mod and all I wanted it for was leadership skills which is a pretty dumb reason on my part. Whatever, it wasn't like I would've gotten it.
Spyro7850 Gold Sparx Gems: 2656
#132 Posted: 04:11:22 13/01/2015
Could definitely handle it, but:

1. I'm not on here enough.
2. I'm not too popular here.
3. Just plain don't want the responsibility.
---
#1 Roller Brawl fan
"Ness, you'll always be the best character in Smash."
-Brawl in the Family, Comic #599
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3336
#133 Posted: 04:20:35 13/01/2015
Quote: Spyro7850
Could definitely handle it, but:

1. I'm not on here enough.
2. I'm not too popular here.
3. Just plain don't want the responsibility.

i've never seen you
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#134 Posted: 23:30:49 14/01/2015
Quote:
My opinion on wether to apply or not is seriously in the middle.

On one hand, I feel like I could indeed do a good job now, at least when compared to 2 years ago. And although my posts are rather rare these days, I could find some motivation to post more frequently if I did happen to become one.

But, on the other hand, that's just my perspective on paper. God knows what could happen when it all comes to play. After all, I've never moderated a single website, and of course, I do have my many flaws which would probably hinder my quality as a moderator.

With these reasons covered, I'm still in deep decision if to apply or not to apply.

These were my thoughts given on the past topic in Site Help and Suggestions.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3593
#135 Posted: 23:45:02 15/01/2015
i applied
---
My life is complete.
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3286
#136 Posted: 00:07:04 16/01/2015
I applied, do you guys think I would be a good mod?
#137 Posted: 00:57:39 16/01/2015
Quote: Epic popthorn
I applied, do you guys think I would be a good mod?

I've never rally seen you in an enforcing rules scenario, nor have I seen anyone else. But the real question is, do you think you would be a good mod?
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me