Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > What's your favorite Pokemon generation?
Page 1 of 1
What's your favorite Pokemon generation? [CLOSED]
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#1 Posted: 14:25:05 10/01/2015 | Topic Creator
If I were to base it on nostalgia like most people, I would say Gen III.

But I think the best generation was Gen V/
jennacat4 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#2 Posted: 14:27:33 10/01/2015
I don't know the names >.< (shame on me)
The one with totodile, cyntaquil, and chikoreta? (please say I spelt the names right)
---
http://youtu.be/gSSUco8AzDU
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#3 Posted: 14:29:08 10/01/2015
Gen 4 because of the remakes of johto.
#4 Posted: 14:30:02 10/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: jennacat4
I don't know the names >.< (shame on me)
The one with totodile, cyntaquil, and chikoreta? (please say I spelt the names right)

Gen II

Totodile, Cyndaquil, and Chikorita
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#5 Posted: 14:30:36 10/01/2015
Gen 3 always will be the best in terms of what in did
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#6 Posted: 14:36:53 10/01/2015
Quote: Wreckingball13
Gen 4 because of the remakes of johto.

This.

Gen V made most of the menus more convienient and had a huge advancement with the story. It's actually got interesting themes and more notable characters. Because of the story and general refinements, Gen V is second to me- but there's so much that's inaccessible without skeevy methods because online is impossible and it lacks any bonding with your Pokémon (which was in HGSS and gen VI with walking Pokémon/Amie). Still, Gen V felt refreshing with all the new Pokémon and genuinely interesting story themes, plus it had the adorkable Curtis <3.
Too bad Gen VI (right afterwards) introduced the most formulaic and badly paced story in a mainline Pokémon game. I think I only like Gen III less (catching everything in that gen would be ludicrous, story doesn't stand out and mechanics feel outdated after playing new gens).

Ignoring Gen I/II, because I haven't touched them in a long time and they've really aged now: IV > V >> VI > III
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 16:25:59 10/01/2015 by Arc of Archives
Dark Bro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4523
#7 Posted: 14:45:16 10/01/2015
Gen III
---
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
Mewtwo - Pokemon:The First Movie
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12212
#8 Posted: 14:50:46 10/01/2015
Gen 5
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#9 Posted: 15:41:26 10/01/2015
Used to be Gen IV because of how much i loved DPPt, but now it's Gen VI because of how much I ABSOLUTELY loved oRaS.
---
Cool cool.
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3286
#10 Posted: 15:55:48 10/01/2015
Gen III
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8733
#11 Posted: 16:23:42 10/01/2015
VI because ORAS. <3
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#12 Posted: 16:45:44 10/01/2015
IV because Sinnoh is ****ing awesome, but V is a very close second.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#13 Posted: 16:50:27 10/01/2015
Probably gen IV, with VI not far behind (and III for nostalgia purposes).

I haven't started ORAS yet so that can easily change.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#14 Posted: 17:53:54 10/01/2015
VIDEO GAME SECTION!

But anyways Sinnoh aka Gen 4.

It was the first games I actually played so it has some memories for me. Also my favorite water type (and the first water type I ever caught) is from Sinnoh so that makes it my favorite
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#15 Posted: 18:42:00 10/01/2015
5th gen masterrace
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#16 Posted: 19:17:37 10/01/2015
Gen 5 or gen 3
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6132
#17 Posted: 19:31:17 10/01/2015
Gen 2

(and I count the remakes as their original gen)
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#18 Posted: 19:44:32 10/01/2015
Either Gen 2, because I literally grew up with Gold and Silver on my Gameboy, or Gen 5. I really enjoyed Gen 5 for some reason. Thought I would hate it, but it turned out to be awesome sauce.
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
#19 Posted: 20:12:27 10/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Windumup
VIDEO GAME SECTION!

It was the first games I actually played so it has some memories for me. Also my favorite water type (and the first water type I ever caught) is from Sinnoh so that makes it my favorite

Quote: AmethystRose
Either Gen 2, because I literally grew up with Gold and Silver on my Gameboy, or Gen 5. I really enjoyed Gen 5 for some reason. Thought I would hate it, but it turned out to be awesome sauce.

That's nostalgia.
Starfire Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5317
#20 Posted: 20:15:08 10/01/2015
I don't really have a favorite, I pretty much love them all <3
---
My Dragon Art & Stuff
PSN: Starfire--Dragon
SunburnCamo Gold Sparx Gems: 2783
#21 Posted: 20:40:04 10/01/2015
III/I For me.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#22 Posted: 21:14:55 10/01/2015
VIDEO GAME SECTION!

was it also because it was ur first pokemon game huehuehue

-----------------------------------------------------------

My favorite has to be Gen 4. I liked the whole concept of the creation of the world, plus the legendaries were amazing. I hated Barry though, and I wish Dawn would have been your rival ;-; Sinnoh 4 lief!!!! I also like Gen 3 for Emerald, introducing the Battle Frontier, and bringing Kanto remakes.
---
words. letters. filler.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#23 Posted: 21:29:40 10/01/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
VIDEO GAME SECTION!

was it also because it was ur first pokemon game huehuehue

-----------------------------------------------------------

My favorite has to be Gen 4. I liked the whole concept of the creation of the world, plus the legendaries were amazing. I hated Barry though, and I wish Dawn would have been your rival ;-; Sinnoh 4 lief!!!! I also like Gen 3 for Emerald, introducing the Battle Frontier, and bringing Kanto remakes.

Well yeah (sure I watched the anime but that doesn't really count for picking favorites)
Gastrodon just kinda stuck out (it helps that I caught Shellos early on to have a water type)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#24 Posted: 22:09:33 10/01/2015
I will say my favorite gen in terms of original games is probably Gen V. I never played III during its time, which had a lot of shake ups to the traditional gameplay. But I enjoyed Gen V for throwing a monkey wrench into the formulaic story of the Pokémon but also because it forced me to start from scratch with new Pokémon until I'd cleared the main story.

My favorite remake is still SoulSilver though. I still think it has some of the best postgame content out of any game, and it offered an abundance of legendaries before ORAS came in with the Mirage Spots. Plus, Pokémon following you. I'm sure the 3DS (and, if not, the New 3DS) has the capacity to handle bringing back that feature for a future installment, but I get the feeling Game Freak won't consider bringing it back. *sigh*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:10:09 10/01/2015 by HIR
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#25 Posted: 22:29:36 10/01/2015
Gen 4 for me as well, the gameplay was really fun and smooth even without good online, and I think it had some of the coolest Pokemon introduced. (Darkrai, Electrivire, Arceus, Giratina, Empoleon, etc.)

Quote: Mesuxelf
VIDEO GAME SECTION!

That's nostalgia.

Just because Nostalgia is the reason for it being their favorite doesn't mean that it can't be their favorite game. Super Mario Sunshine is one of my all-time favorite games, and I'm sure 60% of that is based off of nostalgia.
#26 Posted: 22:32:45 10/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: LunarDistortion
Gen 4 for me as well, the gameplay was really fun and smooth even without good online, and I think it had some of the coolest Pokemon introduced. (Darkrai, Electrivire, Arceus, Giratina, Empoleon, etc.)

VIDEO GAME SECTION!

That's nostalgia.

Just because Nostalgia is the reason for it being their favorite doesn't mean that it can't be their favorite game. Super Mario Sunshine is one of my all-time favorite games, and I'm sure 60% of that is based off of nostalgia.

I'm not saying that it doesn't mean that it's not there favorite game, I asked in the title what it would be if nostalgia wasn't a factor.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3336
#27 Posted: 23:40:49 10/01/2015
I love Johto, doesn't matter which Gen it is, as long as it has Johto.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#28 Posted: 23:45:22 10/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Lunarz

Wow, I don't know why, but I never really liked Johto.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3336
#29 Posted: 23:51:23 10/01/2015
Quote: Lunarz

Wow, I don't know why, but I never really liked Johto.

Well that's because you suck and hate fun >.>
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2530
#30 Posted: 23:58:02 10/01/2015
Gen 4 By far best music
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
#31 Posted: 00:00:29 11/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: zap18
Gen 4 By far best music

Gen III best music :3
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5174
#32 Posted: 00:03:26 11/01/2015
I liked Gen I - III just about equally, for different reasons. I grew up with all three of them, really, and I still replay R/S at least a few times a year. I still even have the Pokemon Yellow savefile I grew up with, but Gold recently deleted itself after I caught Ho-Oh two years ago.

Gen IV introduced my absolute favourite Pokemon (Giratina), but I felt there was something a bit... off, about DPPt. Loved HG/SS though, and the walking Pokemon mechanic that brought along (And especially GB Sounds, it was like a nostalgic punch in the face and I would absolutely play it again if I still had either).

Gen V was a mixed bag. I loved the storyline of BW, N, and Reshiram. BW2 was a bit eh, though, mainly because of the rival, and the story didn't quite match up to its predecessors.

I hated XY, and I have yet to finish Y. I didn't like any of the new Pokemon (unless you count Sylveon, but even then...), and the story was horrible.

I'll withold judgement on ORAS for now. So far, I like it, but I think it's a bit of a yellow flag that I've only just reached Mauville and I'm already bored. XY lost interest by the eighth gym. BW2 was at the start of the second playthrough.
---
self professed austGAYlian
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:04:38 11/01/2015 by ReshiramForever
#33 Posted: 00:07:09 11/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: ReshiramForever
I liked Gen I - III just about equally, for different reasons. I grew up with all three of them, really, and I still replay R/S at least a few times a year. I still even have the Pokemon Yellow savefile I grew up with, but Gold recently deleted itself after I caught Ho-Oh two years ago.

Gen IV introduced my absolute favourite Pokemon (Giratina), but I felt there was something a bit... off, about DPPt. Loved HG/SS though, and the walking Pokemon mechanic that brought along.

Gen V was a mixed bag. I loved the storyline of BW, N, and Reshiram. BW2 was a bit eh, though, mainly because of the rival, and the story didn't quite match up to its predecessors.

I hated XY, and I have yet to finish Y. I didn't like any of the new Pokemon (unless you count Sylveon, but even then...), and the story was horrible.

I'll withold judgement on ORAS for now. So far, I like it, but I think it's a bit of a yellow flag that I've only just reached Mauville and I'm already bored. XY lost interest by the eighth gym. BW2 was at the start of the second playthrough.

I think XY sucked. It's story was okay at best, and they had terrible selection of pokemon IMO (or I didn't chose well enough for my team). I didn't really hate any of the new pokemon, but I didn't love them either. I only really liked Talonflame. And after the first gym, it seems to take forever to get to the second gym, but after that, it seems like there's no plot at all, just going from gym to gym.
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5174
#34 Posted: 00:09:42 11/01/2015
snip

I think XY sucked. It's story was okay at best, and they had terrible selection of pokemon IMO (or I didn't chose well enough for my team). I didn't really hate any of the new pokemon, but I didn't love them either. I only really liked Talonflame. And after the first gym, it seems to take forever to get to the second gym, but after that, it seems like there's no plot at all, just going from gym to gym.

My other major complaint would be about the change in mechanic for the EXP Share. It made everything too easy, and even when turned off all I wanted was the original 'holder gets experience' effect. I want to train one Pokemon with it, not all of them.
---
self professed austGAYlian
#35 Posted: 00:13:46 11/01/2015 | Topic Creator
snip

My other major complaint would be about the change in mechanic for the EXP Share. It made everything too easy, and even when turned off all I wanted was the original 'holder gets experience' effect. I want to train one Pokemon with it, not all of them.

That was my original thought when I got it, but honestly, I like it the way it is now. I think it makes it easier, but it also means no one gets left behind.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me