Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Regrets [CLOSED]
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3336
#1 Posted: 19:44:55 02/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Just as the topic says, guys. If you have any regrets then go ahead and post them, there's no judging here....Unless someone here went to Law school and in a qualified Judge in which case there could be judging...

Y'know, I was gonna say I regret the judge joke....But I really don't.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#2 Posted: 19:59:11 02/01/2015
Never have I regretted my atheism.....But right now, I am.

I regret it because it's why she can't be with me. No one has ever motivated and inspired me as much as her, and even after 2 whole years of us going back and forth, she can't be with me because of that.

But it's not like I chose to be an atheist. I am this way because it's simply not in me to have faith.....Believe me, I've tried.

I know I shouldn't regret who I truly am. But I'm doing it. And it hurts.
#3 Posted: 20:09:37 02/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Metallo

I regret it because it's why she can't be with me. No one has ever motivated and inspired me as much as her, and even after 2 whole years of us going back and forth, she can't be with me because of that.

But it's not like I chose to be an atheist. I am this way because it's simply not in me to have faith.....Believe me, I've tried.

If someone you care about wants to change you to suit themselves then you probably aren't meant to be together sadly. Relationships are about compromise.
---
#4 Posted: 20:10:47 02/01/2015
Quote: Lunarz

If someone you care about wants to change you to suit themselves then you probably aren't meant to be together sadly. Relationships are about compromise.

Yes. Yes, you're right......
#5 Posted: 20:23:08 02/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cynderfan507
I regret my entire existence because I can't do anything right and all I do is make people hate me.

Even though people here don't hate you.

kden
perfect it sense makes
---
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6683
#6 Posted: 20:38:00 02/01/2015
Ahahaha I regret a lot of things I will never tell people.
I guess...if anyway, I regret not caring more about the people around me. I don't show them how much I care, as I usually hide it. The last time I saw Grandma before she passed was in the nursing home, and I was playing on my phone like every other time, because I thought that when I got back from Dad's that she would still be there or at home. I of course hugged her and said I loved her and I would see her later...but It wasn't very genuine. It was one of those when the kids are so bored and the parent finally says "Ok, hug and kiss your grandma and say you love her" and they do that and then they run out of the room to be free. Saying I love you has become such an easy thing to say, that I can say it without thinking about what I really mean. It's just 3 words that I have said over and over again to one person that It really loses all its value. I talked to her once after that, but she was crying because she didn't think she would make it and she was mostly talking to my uncle. Of course I didn't think anything of it and still went on thinking that she was fine and i'd see her in August. I regret that the most.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#7 Posted: 20:48:09 02/01/2015
everything i have ever done.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#8 Posted: 20:57:58 02/01/2015
You know what? We don't have anything to regret. We're good people. We're fragile and human, and it's okay for us to make mistakes, because we learn from them. That's why human existence will always be a beautiful tragedy.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:58:12 02/01/2015 by Metallo
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#9 Posted: 20:59:59 02/01/2015
I regret smoking cigarettes. I've tried everything to stop, but I'm too addicted to nicotine. I can go for 10-12 hours without smoking but the urge to light that damn cigarette gets me every day. I gave up drinking and had no problems at all, but giving up cigarettes, I just can't do it. Being stressed out all the time makes it even worse. Don't go hating me for this, I'm trying and I'm really trying hard to quit.
#10 Posted: 21:05:06 02/01/2015
Quote: thumper
I regret smoking cigarettes. I've tried everything to stop, but I'm too addicted to nicotine. I can go for 10-12 hours without smoking but the urge to light that damn cigarette gets me every day. I gave up drinking and had no problems at all, but giving up cigarettes, I just can't do it. Being stressed out all the time makes it even worse. Don't go hating me for this, I'm trying and I'm really trying hard to quit.

Have you tried E-cigs? They worked pretty well for my parents......Of course, now they're hooked on those just as much as they were on real cigarettes........
#11 Posted: 21:08:41 02/01/2015

Have you tried E-cigs? They worked pretty well for my parents......Of course, now they're hooked on those just as much as they were on real cigarettes........

No not yet, but I'm willing to try anything to quit smoking.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#12 Posted: 21:11:37 02/01/2015

Please love, try it. I've had some people tell me how it worked for them. After a while they just lost interest and stopped completely. They're pretty expensive here, but you would be wasting more keeping the addiction. smilie
#13 Posted: 21:18:11 02/01/2015
Quote: wspyro

Please love, try it. I've had some people tell me how it worked for them. After a while they just lost interest and stopped completely. They're pretty expensive here, but you would be wasting more keeping the addiction. smilie

I get paid on Monday, I'll get the E-cigs and see if they work. Thanks for the suggestion Metallo. wspyro, thanks for caring.

*hugs* to the both of you. ^.^
#14 Posted: 21:20:40 02/01/2015
No problem! Glad to help.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#15 Posted: 21:22:45 02/01/2015

I get paid on Monday, I'll get the E-cigs and see if they work. Thanks for the suggestion Metallo. wspyro, thanks for caring.

Good luck!
Hope it works for you! smilie
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#16 Posted: 21:29:25 02/01/2015

I care too! I'm just late to the party.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10445
#17 Posted: 21:56:07 02/01/2015
I must admit that I am not in possession of many different objects of regret. Maybe the reason is that I have realized in my later days that the things I have regretted have almost one-hundred per-cent been things that do not even matter. They were the things that seemed big deal to me back when I was kid but eventually I have realized that those regrets are just waste of my own time that I could invest in a lot better ways.

But if I do regret one thing, it has been my constant state of remaining silent about my own true opinions and desires in real life situations; all the possible romantic relationships that have passed me by just because of me being too silent and reserved etc. And of course not being able to just isolate myself from most of the people back at my high school days, has been one of the things that has made me a little disappointed at myself, even though I am not a person who has been most caring about one’s own popularity.

Eventually regrets are just bottled-up emotions about cases in life that cannot be addressed in any type of ways in the present; at least this is the situation when talking about my life. They have happened, I did not deal with them in the most honest way to myself, so I just have to deal with it and move on. Of course I remember some of my regrets once in a while and feel semi-bad about them. But they have happened, they should not matter that much in current time and wallowing in negative things about one’s own past is a huge terrible waste of energy that can be invested in more physically and mentally profitable ways.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#18 Posted: 22:07:18 02/01/2015
^I tried reading that, but there were so many fancy words I didn't understand a thing smilie
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#19 Posted: 22:26:14 02/01/2015

If you wanna try and gain faith (and it is possible, I've known some pretty impressive changes in people), try going to a more charismatic (as in in terms of beliefs, meaning more "spirit-filled") group, they seem best at building faith. But in case you tried that and it didn't work, I am sorry.

Regardless, even if you give up or don't care any more, I strongly recommend looking up a book called Orthodoxy, by Chesterton ( http://www.amazon.com/Orthodox.../dp/B00849F82E/ )a very twisted, mind-screwing book which, even if you don't agree with it at all, will probably give your mind a lot to ponder. It's also what caused former atheist C.S. Lewis to become a believe if I recall. It's just a very interesting and witty read, that you don't have to let change you, but that you should probably still experience either way. If you have a very logical-based mind, you're especially likely to find it intriguing.

My condolences though, I know that must hurt a lot.

Quote: Cynderfan507
I regret my entire existence because I can't do anything right and all I do is make people hate me.

I regret hating myself and thinking similarly to how you are. It wasn't until this month I finally forgave myself of some things and stopped hating myself, because I realized my hatred for myself had surpassed my love for those close to me.
I also regret not being emotionally supportive enough to others who needed it, but I'm making amends as much as possible now.

I also regret spending so much time on the internet lol.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:28:11 02/01/2015 by Doomslicer
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5569
#20 Posted: 23:27:56 02/01/2015
I think I regret most of my life before I came here. Not because of the crazy things I've done, and I have done many, but because I wasn't really a person that interacted with people, for fear that I would say or do something that unintentionally hurt someone. Now, I'm more of an extrovert, even though I still make people angry because of failed attempts at humor or other unintentionally mean words.

On a lighter note, I regret trying to do a handstand in a crowded pool. smilie
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8733
#21 Posted: 23:31:20 02/01/2015
Redoing Algebra.
Coocie2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4249
#22 Posted: 23:36:18 02/01/2015
Why go through life with regrets? I don't think I would be the same person I am today if I went on regretting or changing certain things that have happened. Regretting prevents you from moving forward I think
---
tumblr
not yr babe
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#23 Posted: 23:38:15 02/01/2015
Many.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#24 Posted: 01:00:51 03/01/2015
I regret not having taken more opportunity to practice my RP!.. >:O

but really, I have no regrets..xP

(Other then, maybe...all those stupid and embarrassing things I did as a little kid..? xD
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12363
#25 Posted: 22:41:10 03/01/2015
i regret not doing my schoolwork a lot
Samius Hunter Gems: 9303
#26 Posted: 00:02:30 04/01/2015
I don't regret many things, I accept my failures and learn from them. And if I ever do regret something at a certain time, it's almost invariably something that will not matter anymore after some time has passed.

Remember your mistakes, don't dwell on them.
Bluh Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#27 Posted: 00:55:47 04/01/2015
I actually don't regret a thing, made many mistakes, but still.
Maaaybe one choice I made that got me late 2 years of my life xD
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#28 Posted: 01:07:28 04/01/2015
I regret the way I behaved in Primary School. I probably would have had more friends and a better time in High School if I behaved differently. ;___;

i regret having a time period where i stopped drawing, because i would have been fantastic at it by now. yeah, it was during year 10, 11 and 12, the important years of school but i still believe i could have fitted it it in.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Yoshicrashcart8 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#29 Posted: 01:47:41 04/01/2015
Quote: Jaggedstar
everything i have ever done.

This.
---
smilie smilie smilie Dark element is best element. smilie smilie smilie
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#30 Posted: 01:52:53 04/01/2015
I regret caring so much.
I regret letting people walk all over me.
I regret life choices.
I regret procrastinating.
I regret being so weak and so unwilling.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#31 Posted: 02:43:18 04/01/2015
~I regret not being more outgoing, especially in high school. I generally kept to myself and the few friends I had, and I never really did anything fun. Your high school years are supposed to be exciting and fun 'cause of prom and football games and friends and **** but I never really cared all that much so I feel like I missed out on a lot. I'm trying to change that now so that I won't regret my college years too, and I've been doing quite well considering my antisocial behavior. It's really hard, but I'm doing it.

~I regret not having more time with family. Everyone lives so far away and nobody ever wants to go see anyone so I can't really help that, but it's still something I would've liked to see change.

~I regret not finding myself sooner. For a long time I wasn't really sure who I was, and I had a hard time becoming who I wanted to be. I'm still not completely who I would like to be, but I'm more comfortable with myself now than I was a few years ago.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:54:17 04/01/2015 by AvatariDragon
Flashwing Yellow Sparx Gems: 1411
#32 Posted: 02:58:59 04/01/2015
i regret a lot of the lies ive told, tbh
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me