Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Computer Help [CLOSED]
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6132
#1 Posted: 03:11:03 31/12/2014 | Topic Creator
I've seen a few of these topics from time to time and they often seem to yield helpful advice, so I thought I'd ask you, the people of dS for a little help.

The sound on my laptop seems to keep going out every now and then, usually once or twice a day. If I log off, then log back in, it usually fixes it. Googling around about it did give one solution where I can disable the speakers then try to use them and the computer kicks them back on, though this is only a temporary fix.

Now, I'm sure you might think it's simple, just use headphones instead. Well, it seems sound goes out altogether, not just from the speakers. Also if I try to watch a vid, it glitches out then errors. If I try to play a song, rather than just being mute, it glitches out then says there's insufficient memory.

Rarely, the disable then turn back on doesn't work. These times, when I try to log out it doesn't log out correctly and will ultimately not log out as it's trying to play the log out sound and can't.

Any tips?
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6683
#2 Posted: 23:37:04 31/12/2014
bump.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
LegoLander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#3 Posted: 23:42:37 31/12/2014
Stab it.

Sorry. I don't know what's wrong. Hope it gets all sorted out.
---
The person who finally changed his Christmas avatar. Give me a cookie.
Dark_Spyro999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4713
#4 Posted: 00:06:23 01/01/2015
Try checking your background and/ or start up programs? What kind of sound? Because my my power cord to my laptop is screwed up so every time I move an inch its like BOOP! battery BOOP! outlet! BOOP! battery. IT ANNOYS MEH.
---
I is ded
#5 Posted: 00:48:35 01/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dark_Spyro999
Try checking your background and/ or start up programs? What kind of sound? Because my my power cord to my laptop is screwed up so every time I move an inch its like BOOP! battery BOOP! outlet! BOOP! battery. IT ANNOYS MEH.

There is no sound. That's the problem. I'm wondering if the sound card is trying to die or something.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Bluh Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#6 Posted: 01:00:59 01/01/2015
Did you tried to reinstal the sound's driver?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8733
#7 Posted: 01:01:53 01/01/2015
Why you block me pleb?
#8 Posted: 01:07:05 01/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bluh

EDIT: Googled how to that. One small problem. I bought this laptop secondhand and don't have any of the discs that it would normally come with.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:09:00 01/01/2015 by Seiki
Bluh Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#9 Posted: 01:24:08 01/01/2015
Try finding the sound drivers at the Microsoft site
Spyro-Fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5325
#10 Posted: 01:56:02 01/01/2015
Quote: Seiki
Quote: Bluh

EDIT: Googled how to that. One small problem. I bought this laptop secondhand and don't have any of the discs that it would normally come with.

You can download them online, you just need to figure out the brand of the sound card.

Go to Device Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers. There you can see what sound card you're using. Usually it's something from AMD or Intel if it's a laptop.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me