Forum

Poll

13 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V2!
First | Previous | Page 21 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V2! [CLOSED]
Grimslinger91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#1001 Posted: 21:17:34 11/10/2014
Quote: LunarDistortion
Quote: Grimslinger91
Quote: somePerson

A legit tourney would be

• No custom characters
  • No Items
  • Flat stages only
  • No Miis

• Do you mean Omega Mode only? We should go by official tournament rules.

I could start the topic for the tourney, since Will's died.

I''m alright with that. You can put a link in the OP.
    LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
    #1002 Posted: 00:07:33 12/10/2014 | Topic Creator
    I made the topic for the tournament.

Here it is.

I'm putting it in the OP for easy access.
    somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8793
    #1003 Posted: 18:05:55 13/10/2014
    I'm bored. Someone fight me.
    #1004 Posted: 18:51:14 13/10/2014

I'll fight you.
    #1005 Posted: 19:05:52 13/10/2014

I'll fight you.

What's your FC?
    zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
    #1006 Posted: 23:50:24 13/10/2014
    **** YOU SAKURAI I'M SO MAD ABOUT ZERO NOW
    #1007 Posted: 23:59:31 13/10/2014
    Quote: zer0dch

You wanted him as an Assist Trophy?
    #1008 Posted: 00:02:02 14/10/2014

Nope. A Character.

Mega Man X = Mega Man Zero > Mega Man = Battle Network > Legends > Starforce.
    Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
    #1009 Posted: 00:03:52 14/10/2014
    if only tails.

i got it yesterday

is fun
    CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6279
    #1010 Posted: 04:08:30 14/10/2014
    Quote: CAV
    Has anyone here considered a legit Smash tourney on dS?

A legit tourney would be

• No custom characters
  • No Items
  • Flat stages only
  • No Miis

• That's exactly what I meant fool.
    #1011 Posted: 05:59:16 14/10/2014
    I may be on Wednesday...maybe.
    #1012 Posted: 20:44:14 14/10/2014

Nope. A Character.

I wanted him too but after Mega Man was announced I knew that he had no chance for playable.
    skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
    #1013 Posted: 18:50:17 15/10/2014
    I played the demo..it... was dumb
    Just kidding it rocked!
    ---
    Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
    #1014 Posted: 19:29:43 15/10/2014

Nope. A Character.

I wanted him too but after Mega Man was announced I knew that he had no chance for playable.

Why not?

Although, it seems like third party characters only get one slot per series...
    #1015 Posted: 20:03:49 15/10/2014

Nope. A Character.

Why not?

Capcom got their character. If there was any 3rd party company to get another character,it would be Namco.

Edit: OMG Master orders and Crazy orders confirmed! Smash world is real!
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:09:51 15/10/2014 by Grimslinger91
    #1016 Posted: 20:55:28 15/10/2014

Why not?

Capcom got their character. If there was any 3rd party company to get another character,it would be Namco.

**** it, Sony Smash Brothers please. It would be leagues better than Nintendo Smash.

Yes, I know about PSASBR. This is why you don't give a game developer who's entry game is supposed to be huge with a tiny budget.
    sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
    #1017 Posted: 21:47:12 15/10/2014
    ^lol.
    ---
    "My memories will be part of the sky."
    #1018 Posted: 21:51:16 15/10/2014

Why not?

**** it, Sony Smash Brothers please. It would be leagues better than Nintendo Smash.

Yes, I know about PSASBR. This is why you don't give a game developer who's entry game is supposed to be huge with a tiny budget.

Why are we even talking about PSASBR? This is for ssb4.
    #1019 Posted: 22:41:58 15/10/2014
    Quote: sonicbrawler182
    ^lol.

Why is that funny? A Sony Smash type of game could be a lot of fun. PSASBR was ****. I know that.

It just would have been crazy and a lot of fun if they copied Smash. Too bad about the crappy roster and crappy developer though.

Now if Sony were to ever make a PSASBR but rebrand it with a compitent developer...:

First Party Characters:

Fluted Knight - Demon's Souls
    "Infected traveller" (I made that up, no given name available) - Bloodborne
    Sir Daniel - MediEvil
    Jak & Daxter - Jak & Daxter
    Ratchet & Clank - Ratchet & Clank
    Dart - Legend of Dragoon
    Wanderer - Ico
    Parappa the Rappa - Parappa the Rappa
    Nathan Drake - Uncharted
    Sully (lol jk) - Uncharted
    Kratos - God of War
    Sackboy and friends - LittleBigPlanet
    Cole McGrath - InFamous
    Delsin Rowe - InFamous SS
    Sly Cooper - Sly Cooper
    Sweet Tooth - Twisted Metal
    Toan - Dark Cloud

Only one character per franchise, unless they were in the previous game.

Third Party Characters:

Cloud Strife - FFVII (Come the hell on, FFVII made the PS huge.)
    Crash Bandicoot - Crash Bandicoot (shell out the money to license Crash for one game, or hell, please buy him lmao)
    Solid Snake - Fits much more with the PS cast than the N cast.
    Mega Man (any form) - Mega Man series (I don't see why not? Capcpom likes its money)

---
    I removed Rayman and Spyro from my third party casting only because there would be too far many third party characters, and Spyro is stuck as a Skylander forever.
    ---

I know Sony probably won't develop a Smash clone or another PSASBR for a while, or ever again...but this is just wishful thinking. Hell, they could copy Smash's gameplay. It's not like its patented.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:42:54 15/10/2014 by zer0dch
    #1020 Posted: 01:07:00 16/10/2014
    I ****ing despise Pikachu spammers who roll away and spam their special.
    mrdarkspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 918
    #1021 Posted: 01:17:04 16/10/2014
    Are there no more pic of the day?
    ---
    MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8478
    #1022 Posted: 01:48:56 16/10/2014
    Ganondorf and R.o.b. were revealed today.

R.o.b.
    http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/secret06.html

Ganondorf

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/secret07.html
    ---
    Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
    #1023 Posted: 13:21:39 16/10/2014

I kinda liked PSASBR.

I would argue that part of the problem of PSASBR was that they only took one character per franchise, leading to a roster that felt rather empty. Cho or Nix from inFamous 2 would've been great editions, but they instead chose to just have an Evil Cole. Elena from Uncharted probably would've been alright too. And not a single other Sly character? Just regulating them to being Sly's special attacks?

Imagine if Nintendo had a rule where only one person per franchise was allowed in Smash. Significant decrease in roster size.
    #1024 Posted: 13:33:39 16/10/2014

I kinda liked PSASBR.

I would argue that part of the problem of PSASBR was that they only took one character per franchise, leading to a roster that felt rather empty. Cho or Nix from inFamous 2 would've been great editions, but they instead chose to just have an Evil Cole. Elena from Uncharted probably would've been alright too. And not a single other Sly character? Just regulating them to being Sly's special attacks?

Imagine if Nintendo had a rule where only one person per franchise was allowed in Smash. Significant decrease in roster size.

Not only that. Compared to Nintendo, all of Sony's characters are not well known. Everyone knows Mario Luigi, Bowser, Sonic, Pac-Man and Kirby. While very few non-gamer people know Kratos, Sly Cooper and Dante from The Devil May Cry series,
    ---
    Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
    #1025 Posted: 14:19:45 16/10/2014
    ^Well the point of PSASBR was to be a mashup of relatively famous Sony characters for gamers. It wasn't really meant to bring in a crowd who isn't familiar with the characters (and to be honest, neither is Smash Bros). Sony's characters are well known for the most part and, if they expanded the roster a bit (including a serious push to get Crash and Spyro in), would be enough to carry the game. Yeah not everyone knows Fat Princess or Parappa, but not everyone knows Ness or Captain Falcon either.

Basically I see PSASBR as a game for Sony fans (or fanboys/girls, dare I say) in the same way Smash Bros exists for Nintendo fans. The gameplay for Smash just happens to be more accessible and is naturally intended to be a casual party fighting game (and not necessarily the competitive professional game some of us try to make it), slightly extending the audience.
    #1026 Posted: 15:21:46 16/10/2014
    PSABR is good but Sony characters don't have the pedigree of Nintendo characters.

Also, in PSABR, there were a lot of third party characters, and that really drove home the point that Sony's own franchises don't have as much pedigree. In PSABR, the third parties felt like they were a desperate attempt to pad out the roster, and none of them had a specific association with Playstation. In Smash, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man are there because they are important to Nintendo's history, and they are huge icons themselves anyway (Sonic and Mega Man have also been highly requested for a long time, Sonic being the single most requested character in the history of Smash Bros).

Also, Smash 4 is partly developed as a serious fighting game. You can't tell me characters like Rosalina and Shulk were made for casuals, they are far too technical and nuanced, and require a lot of practice to even get used to their main twists. For Glory was also made specifically for the competitive crowd, even including a 1v1 lobby. Not to mention that they are manufacturing the GC controller again as well as adapters for it, JUST for Smash, and the competitive crowd are the only ones who were really asking for that. Then there are all of the tournaments Nintendo has been hosting, their sponsoring of EVO, etc.
    ---
    #1027 Posted: 16:24:44 16/10/2014
    ^Third party characters certainly made the Sony roster appear more padded. But I think that goes back to the argument that they should've been allowed/chose to take more than one character from each franchise. There are a fair few characters that could've fit well but they chose to stick to one per franchise, leading them to run out a little while after and then resort to third party characters that made little impact on Sony (Raiden and Issac?).

Smash 4 may have been made with the acknowledgement of the serious scene and they may fully embrace it (now; weren't they the ones trying to stop Melee from being in EVO a few years back?), but Smash was originally made as a fighting game that was supposed to be more accessible and casual compared to others of its time. I imagine if Melee was never taken as seriously as it was, we would still be seeing it as a fun fighting game, but not one to take as seriously as something from Capcom.

The competitive scene for Smash didn't come about because Nintendo made Smash to be like that. The competitive scene took a fun, free for all, almost party-like fighting game, stripped out all the items and chaos (and banned most stages capable of chaos), and made it into a serious skill-based fighting game. Nintendo merely acknowledged it after all these years and made parts of Smash 4 specifically for it. Besides so many people *****ed about Brawl that it was inevitable that it would be built more competitive and serious.

Don't take it the wrong way; I'm not intending to insult the competitive scene. Not when I'm slowly falling into it myself.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:26:00 16/10/2014 by CAV
    #1028 Posted: 17:02:53 16/10/2014
    Nintendo trying to stop Melee from being streamed at EVO was nothing to do with Nintendo being against competitive play. It was just Nintendo of Japan being ignorant about their games being streamed, or having people making videos of their games for YouTube. Around the same time, they started all of that YouTube drama, where they would take some of the revenue made using videos of their games. And before that, they flagged users. If Nintendo of America had any say in it, none of it would have happened, but unfortunately, they answer to NoJ. NoA seem to have a bit more freedom lately, though.

And the competitive scene existed since the first game. Sakurai himself has mentioned that, back when Smash 64 was originally released, he'd see arcades setting up N64's up in cabinets, and these arcades would have tournaments in Japan. Similar things happened in the West.

Smash 64 was developed as a test, so obviously the competitive scene was never intended to develop. And Brawl was made as casual as possible due to the demographic of the Wii. Melee expanded on the depth of the original game greatly though, adding in a lot of new functions, and even wave dashing was an exploit intentionally left in the game (it was accidental, but was left in the game when it was found during testing), as it added depth.

Smash 4 has been developed with smart play in mind too. More technical characters, stuff like For Glory, customisation, etc. However, Sakurai has mentioned that he views the way Melee is played as too frantic, especially since competitive players have suffered hand injuries from playing like they do. So basically, Smash 4 is meant to be competitive, it just isn't supposed to require insane dexterity to play competitively, like Melee needed.
    ---
    #1029 Posted: 17:16:02 16/10/2014
    ^Even if the competitive scene existed since the first game, Smash Bros was still originally intended as a not-so-serious fighting game mashup with items, chaos, and Nintendo characters we're all familiar with. It's the FGC that made the no-items, FD only trope that we're all so familiar with today, and that Nintendo chose to embrace with For Glory mode and the existence of Omega stages.

Melee became a competitive game because of that FGC and the speed of the game. And when Brawl came out, they *****ed about how casual and slow it was. Smash 4 likely would've been faster no matter what, but I do feel as though all the complaints about Brawl from the FGC played a role in the creation of a fair few competitive elements found in Smash 4.

Didn't Sakurai once say that Melee is his favorite game in the series, and will likely never be topped or replicated in the future? Personally I'd disagree with that claim, especially now that Smash 4 has come out and mopped the floor with Melee.
    #1030 Posted: 17:25:38 16/10/2014
    http://kotaku.com/super-smash-...made-1647031197

THIS ISN'T EVEN HIS FINAL FORM
    ---
    #1031 Posted: 18:05:49 16/10/2014
    Doesn't that all but guarantee future DLC and patches?
    #1032 Posted: 18:11:23 16/10/2014
    Well no (though we already have guarantee of that in another form).

Just that the Wii U version has a lot of content not in the 3DS version, as people suspected. Sakurai also hinted at this with yesterday's PotD, with a teaser of a new Solo Mode:

[User Posted Image]
    ---
    #1033 Posted: 18:54:04 16/10/2014
    Saw the image. But I don't expect the Wii U version to have that many major changes or additional modes compared to the 3DS version. I expect the two to be similar to each other with a few exclusive modes and stages in each of them, not for the 3DS to be some sort of side attraction to hold us off until the "main event" like everyone seems to imply

Then again that could be me trying to convince myself that I have a legit Smash game since I don't have a Wii U.
    #1034 Posted: 19:51:49 16/10/2014
    Sakurai has stated that he is developing both games as "Smash 4" and "Smash 5" in everything but the characters.

Wii U will have exclusive modes.

There are also these sound clips hidden within the 3DS version's code, that hint at modes that will likely be in the Wii U version:

And just in case anyone believes these are fake, the "Special Smash" sound clip is actually accessible even without hacking - it's in Sound Test.
    ---
    #1035 Posted: 19:55:40 16/10/2014
    I don't believe Wii U to be getting Smash 5. Smash 5 is coming out in 2020.
    #1036 Posted: 20:02:27 16/10/2014
    No, I mean Smash Wii U is being developed as "Smash 5" internally.

Besides the roster and overall mechanics, they will be two very different games.

Makes sense, since a lot of people would need a reason to buy the Wii U game.
    ---
    #1037 Posted: 20:10:46 16/10/2014
    Shhhshhhshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........it's still Smash 4 the games are equal shhhhhhh.
    SilverWolf1129 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1891
    #1038 Posted: 20:38:36 16/10/2014
    No, I mean Smash Wii U is being developed as "Smash 5" internally.

Besides the roster and overall mechanics, they will be two very different games.

Makes sense, since a lot of people would need a reason to buy the Wii U game.

I will literally cry if there's a LOT of exclusive stuff besides stages. We only have like, 4 modes in the 3DS. ;-;
    ---
    It begins with them. But ends, with me. Their son. Vaxus.
    HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9034
    #1039 Posted: 22:36:17 16/10/2014
    I secretly wish Master/Crazy Order means I could work for one of the Hands. Crazy Hand seems like a great... uh, giant floating glove... to have as a boss. ^.^
    ---
    Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
    #1040 Posted: 22:46:33 16/10/2014
    I'm almost positive the new mode in that pic is like "Heroes VS Heralds" from UMvC3.
    ---
    #1041 Posted: 22:49:37 16/10/2014
    Well, I actually have an internet connection for my Wii U, so I can do online stuff for Smash U. Can't say the same for Smash 3DS. <.<
    ---
    #1042 Posted: 23:43:27 16/10/2014
    Haha it's ok. Another thing I'd like to point out is that Captain Falcon and Ness ARE well known, but to the younger generation when Smash 64 came out. So, if you ask anyone whose, lets say 13 to 25, there's a decent chance you know both of them.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:33:34 17/10/2014 by HeyitsHotDog
    #1043 Posted: 23:58:36 16/10/2014
    I'm almost positive the new mode in that pic is like "Heroes VS Heralds" from UMvC3.

That was my first thought. I'll serve Master Hand!
    #1044 Posted: 02:07:18 17/10/2014
    Quote: HeyitsHotDog

I kinda liked PSASBR.

Not only that. Compared to Nintendo, all of Sony's characters are not well known. Everyone knows Mario Luigi, Bowser, Sonic, Pac-Man and Kirby. While very few non-gamer people know Kratos, Sly Cooper and Dante from The Devil May Cry series,

Sony doesn't own Devil May Cry. I wish they did, **** Capcpcom for rebooting the series.
    #1045 Posted: 07:49:09 17/10/2014
    I actually prefer the reboot to the original series.
    ---
    #1046 Posted: 19:12:29 17/10/2014

That was my first thought. I'll serve Master Hand!

CRAZY HAND FOREVER. AHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA-*hack* *cough*
    ---
    #1047 Posted: 19:53:55 17/10/2014 | Topic Creator
    Well, Amazon's description of the Wii U version gives away some interesting details about the game. Take a look...

Quote:
    Face off against the biggest roster of Nintendo all-stars ever assembled! Send your rivals flying with powerful attacks to earn all-new customizations and equipment that trick out your fighter’s moves and stats. Then power-up and train intelligent amiibo figures to take on your friends!

The multiplayer showdown you know and love is now on the Wii U console! Take on all comers as Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, and more gaming greats. Or tap an amiibo to the Wii U GamePad controller to train it up by battling with or against it. You can even pit your amiibo against a friends’ to see how your training methods stack up. Whether you’re creating stages on the GamePad, competing in challenges crafted by Master Hand and Crazy Hand, or outwitting your opponents in a brand new board game mode, there’s no doubt that the ultimate Smash Bros. game has arrived.

Stage builder is back, we know a bit more about the Master and Crazy Orders system, and a new board game mode.
    #1048 Posted: 20:12:54 17/10/2014
    Quote: LunarDistortion
    Well, Amazon's description of the Wii U version gives away some interesting details about the game. Take a look...

Quote:
    Face off against the biggest roster of Nintendo all-stars ever assembled! Send your rivals flying with powerful attacks to earn all-new customizations and equipment that trick out your fighter’s moves and stats. Then power-up and train intelligent amiibo figures to take on your friends!

The multiplayer showdown you know and love is now on the Wii U console! Take on all comers as Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, and more gaming greats. Or tap an amiibo to the Wii U GamePad controller to train it up by battling with or against it. You can even pit your amiibo against a friends’ to see how your training methods stack up. Whether you’re creating stages on the GamePad, competing in challenges crafted by Master Hand and Crazy Hand, or outwitting your opponents in a brand new board game mode, there’s no doubt that the ultimate Smash Bros. game has arrived.

Stage builder is back, we know a bit more about the Master and Crazy Orders system, and a new board game mode.

Nice find.
    #1049 Posted: 20:48:19 17/10/2014 | Topic Creator
    I've been really busy lately, so I'm going to post all of the recent info regarding the game I missed out on talking about.

The Wii U version is going to use the same colored outlines for Team Battles as the 3DS version.

[User Posted Image]

Pic of the day. In the 3DS version, your fighter gets outlined by your team color. So, how does this work in the Wii U version? Check out this screenshot. In this picture, the outlines may seem faint, but the color intensity is consistent. This means that the farther away and smaller your fighter appears on the screen, the clearer the colors will look.

We know how we will put Amiibo fighters into the game.

[User Posted Image]

Pic of the day. For the first time ever in the Super Smash Bros. series, you can play with a collection of real-life trophies in the form of amiibo. Simply touch them on this part of the GamePad. This particular screen is dedicated to activating amiibo, but you can also tap your amiibo on the GamePad at the character-selection screen to let that character join the battle.

Here's the Wii U's trophy shop, looks a lot better than the 3DS'. Also Toon Ganondorf deconfirmed.

[User Posted Image]

Pic of the day. Here's the Trophy Shop for the Wii U version. It operates identically to the 3DS version, but it sure has a different feel, doesn't it?

Here's the Tips section for the Wii U version.

[User Posted Image]

Pic of the day. Tips will display in three columns in the Wii U version. There's more content, which includes descriptions of the original games. This game seems to never run out of easter eggs, even if you play it normally. Knowing that this will get translated into multiple languages, I shouldn't go overboard with the contents, though....

And the Photo Studio returns too. We also know about The Last Story and Fatal frame trophies now.

[User Posted Image]

Pic of the day. Zael from The Last Story grabs some Superspicy Curry from Master Hand. "No…! You mustn't let that curry lure you in…!!" In the Wii U version, you can take photos of dream collaborations and funny situations with your trophies in the Photo Studio.
    First | Previous | Page 21 of 50 | Next | Last
    1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me