darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread
First | Previous | Page 22 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread [CLOSED]
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#1051 Posted: 20:57:02 27/09/2014
Quote: TOlofter
Although I'm excited....we are a week away from release and it does not feel like it at all. It feels like there is no "buzz" with Trap Team and not very much info about it. I dunno. Seems odd compared to last year.

These forums seem quieter than normal as well.

There is a "buzz" with Trap Team. He's in the first level of the game! smilie

(ok ok, I'll stop... for now smilie)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:00:29 27/09/2014 by TrapShadowFan
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#1052 Posted: 22:21:42 27/09/2014
Quote: TOlofter
Although I'm excited....we are a week away from release and it does not feel like it at all. It feels like there is no "buzz" with Trap Team and not very much info about it. I dunno. Seems odd compared to last year.

These forums seem quieter than normal as well.

I'm feeling some excitement right now, but honestly it only hit after seeing the new display in Target. I felt some excitement every now and then before that when something like gameplay footage would be revealed, but nothing quite like seeing the actual setup in the store.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#1053 Posted: 22:38:40 27/09/2014
I haven't seen a single advertisement for this game in a store here. I remember seeing SWAP Force display stands weeks before the game came out. Then again, I never saw those in my local area, and I haven't checked the stores were I did see displays during SF.

My family isn't really feeling it with Trap Team. We've been discussing it less than we did SF.

I'm personally not very excited, because this seems like a downgrade from SF, and Smash Bros. coming out 2 days after Trap Team really doesn't help.

Quote:
The portal looks...very odd in person. The transparent plastic clashes with the trap holder and would probably have worked better with the older designs moreso.

I thought it looked really ugly in some of the pics, and I still haven't warmed up to it. It also looks like it'll be relatively difficult to make room for. I liked how the SF Portal was so sleek; this one seems to be going back to something really chunky and has the Trap slot taking up more space, with weird placement of the USB cord.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:40:27 27/09/2014 by Arc of Archives
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#1054 Posted: 22:48:59 27/09/2014
Which version of the game do you think will end up being the most popular this time?
#1055 Posted: 22:51:14 27/09/2014
Wii Version, informed Wii U players will probably buy that since it comes with a digital copy of the Wii U version. Don't know a thing about game sales though.
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#1056 Posted: 22:57:00 27/09/2014
^I didn't know that. I'm considering getting both editions of the game (dark and regular) since TRU will have the BOGO 50%, then selling the game and portal for like $30-40 from one of them and keeping the figures and traps. Just wondering which version would be popular as the secondary copy so I don't have trouble recouping some of my money. Too bad Gamestop doesn't take in games and portals.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#1057 Posted: 01:12:00 29/09/2014
As excited I am for the new elements are they really necessary? I mean surely dark skylanders would automatically be undead while for light they could be magic.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1058 Posted: 01:15:43 29/09/2014 | Topic Creator
It does throw a bit of "kaos" in the balance...seeing them on the elementals screen was a bit jarring. I guess we'll see if this was worth it shortly.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:16:03 29/09/2014 by GhostRoaster
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1059 Posted: 02:59:12 29/09/2014
The new elements just bother me because we've already had three games with 8. I have a display case for all of my figures with 8 shelves, so each element gets its own shelf. What am I supposed to do with these new figures? Plus, each existing element has seven core characters, two swappers, and a giant, plus the new cores and trap masters. Even if I gave the new elements their own shelf, it will look so unbalanced with only two cores and two trap masters while every other shelf has so many...
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#1060 Posted: 03:15:36 29/09/2014
Quote: nocturnalnathan
The new elements just bother me because we've already had three games with 8. I have a display case for all of my figures with 8 shelves, so each element gets its own shelf. What am I supposed to do with these new figures? Plus, each existing element has seven core characters, two swappers, and a giant, plus the new cores and trap masters. Even if I gave the new elements their own shelf, it will look so unbalanced with only two cores and two trap masters while every other shelf has so many...

i've been struggling with this too, my set of shelves has 9 shelves, 1 for each element and one for the magic items. i've been really struggling to work out what i am going to do with these 4 extra guys.
as it is, i am thinking i may need to add another shelf for traps, i am adamant i will NOT get 6 of each element, i am only getting one of each trap sculpture, but i can see myself grabbing one or two extra when i'm shopping between waves, and getting some 2nd hand from EBgames, and will eventually get them, thou dost protect too much.

I was sitting looking deep in thought and slightly troubled last night, and my wife asked if i was okay, was anything worrying me, genuinely concerned for me,when i explained, she walked over to the shelves and started swapping figures around on the shelves smilie
yay for first world problems.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
#1061 Posted: 06:38:46 29/09/2014
The extra elements are the way for activision to make more money . The fact the two cores are in an adventure pack (I assume they are) and the trap masters to access gated areas.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1062 Posted: 13:53:25 29/09/2014

Here's the full version of the main theme, even though we've pretty much heard most of it already.

My thoughts on it:

It's a very nice piece overall. It gives a sense of heroism and a sense of adventure, but it doesn't give that same "oomph" that Giants gave.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
AusLander Red Sparx Gems: 60
#1063 Posted: 14:03:14 29/09/2014
On a side note, does bushwhack seem a bit out of proportion he's an elf isn't he? But he's as big as krypt king
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#1064 Posted: 14:26:27 29/09/2014

Chapters, villains, etc. Enjoy!
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#1065 Posted: 14:29:54 29/09/2014
The new elements do not bother me. I display all my figures mixed together anyway. I like to make sure they all mingle amongst one another instead of just sticking with their same elemental friends smilie
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#1066 Posted: 15:16:16 29/09/2014
I'm a bit concerned about balance as well. I would like if the next game was centered around the concept of light and dark, making those elements the primary focus.

Figure-wise, 1 core for each original element, 9 cores for Light and 9 cores for Dark would make the amount of cores balanced (10). The Light/Dark Knights (both of the Light/Dark Trap Masters have "Knight" in their names) can remain singular, acting as the larger role model of the new elements, similar to Giants for the original 8. It would be nice to have 2 swappers (VV are making it ;3) for the new elements as well, so that all elements can be combined equally.

Well, I can at least hope, even if it's very doubtful.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#1067 Posted: 15:19:58 29/09/2014
Are there any big spoilers about the plot in that vid? I'm afraid to watch lol.
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#1068 Posted: 15:22:15 29/09/2014
Quote: flashwingftw

Each Chapter has one line story text. So I guess very light spoilers.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#1069 Posted: 15:48:55 29/09/2014
Quote: flashwingftw

There's a rather interesting spoiler about Kaos and his role in the game.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#1070 Posted: 16:56:03 29/09/2014
About the new Elements, I'll just repost something I wrote elsewhere-
Quote:
It sounds like Spotlight and Blackout could have fit fine in Magic. They have a "light" and "shadow" theme respectively, yes, but it seems like they manipulate those and that kind of manipulation would easily fall under Magic. Trap Shadow did manipulate shade in a way, and he's Magic... Only his traps are actually magical, but Trap Shadow himself would probably lean towards Dark (or Night or whatever it's called) more than Magic.
I said it in the New Elements thread, too, but Knight Light looks like they would be at home as an Air character. The "light" part of them seems very close to "sun" which is associated with the sky and that falls under Air. Plus, they're a winged flying knight and it seems many flying creatures are tossed into Air. But we've hardly seen or heard about Knight Light so I'm just grasping at straws smilie

I'm not convinced any of the new villains couldn't fit in existing Elements. Eye Five/Scream could handily fit into Undead and the troll/machine could go into Tech and the puppet could go into Tech or Magic. Besides, we already have villains in Elements that don't seem to make sense over them being in others, namely Bomb Shell being Magic. Or Cross Crow being Water. Or Krankenstein being Air.

I like it better when TFB/VV try to stretch the boundaries of what can go into an Element, as long as they explain how or make it fairly obvious in the design. It's interesting to see how they do so.

I'm not excited for them. I'm incredibly indifferent. I just see the new characters as more new characters regardless of them being grouped into new Elements. There's other story details I'm more curious to learn. This hasn't sparked interest for me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:59:45 29/09/2014 by Arc of Archives
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#1071 Posted: 17:56:47 29/09/2014
Quote: Snap Shot
The extra elements are the way for activision to make more money . The fact the two cores are in an adventure pack (I assume they are) and the trap masters to access gated areas.

Yes and No.

Making them a new element increases the 'wow' factor and the need for two more figures for 100%, but in reality, the amount of money 'more' to et from this move as opposed to just adding to existing - won't be 'that much'.

I think they think/theorize they will tie into a larger arcing thing, even so much as to be a basis of design for Skylander 6. I mean with chompy Mage in Giants, they already played around with the ikuraga style combat, I think it could lead to the next gimmick (and I like that direction)

I do however get irritated because I built my latest stand and it has 8 elements. I left room for one more shelf - for overflow, that I can extend into light/dark, but we'll see.
- Unreall
#1072 Posted: 21:41:16 29/09/2014
Quote: Nightmoon
I'm a bit concerned about balance as well. I would like if the next game was centered around the concept of light and dark, making those elements the primary focus.

Figure-wise, 1 core for each original element, 9 cores for Light and 9 cores for Dark would make the amount of cores balanced (10). The Light/Dark Knights (both of the Light/Dark Trap Masters have "Knight" in their names) can remain singular, acting as the larger role model of the new elements, similar to Giants for the original 8. It would be nice to have 2 swappers (VV are making it ;3) for the new elements as well, so that all elements can be combined equally.

I really do hope this is the case for the next game. I miss think there is a bigger reason for the two elements.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#1073 Posted: 23:25:49 29/09/2014

I really do hope this is the case for the next game. I miss think there is a bigger reason for the two elements.

Don't for get a Dark and Light Giant! The Light is female.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#1074 Posted: 23:43:03 29/09/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Well with a name like knight mare, the dark trap master is probably a girl.
---
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#1075 Posted: 14:35:07 30/09/2014
My Target accidentally put out the register endcap of Trap Team this past weekend, I tried to buy a trap just to see if it would go through and as expected the screen turned red and said cannot sell until 10/5, their exclusive Nitro Krypt King looks odd to me.

[User Posted Image]
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:36:24 30/09/2014 by Zylek
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#1076 Posted: 14:40:04 30/09/2014
I can't for 10th October smilie
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#1077 Posted: 15:12:18 30/09/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
The Light/Dark Knights (both of the Light/Dark Trap Masters have "Knight" in their names) can remain singular, acting as the larger role model of the new elements, similar to Giants for the original 8.

I would not add in a Giant, they're too special for that, IMO - See the top quote.
---
#1078 Posted: 02:50:33 01/10/2014 | Topic Creator
With the game going live, I'll be closing this thread by Saturday. It's been real, Skyfans!
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#1079 Posted: 02:53:13 01/10/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
With the game going live, I'll be closing this thread by Saturday. It's been real, Skyfans!

Since we don't have an Everything we Know About Trap Team topic, what are we going to do about future news?
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
#1080 Posted: 02:59:36 01/10/2014 | Topic Creator
As the person who closed the other thread said, "start a new thread". Folks are doing it already. This thread was focused more on speculation and overall company direction as well as news. It's time has come and gone.
---
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#1081 Posted: 03:46:16 01/10/2014
Do we have any confirmation that the Kaos trap will be released individually (outside the dark starter) in wave 1 for the US?
Geo-Stelar Emerald Sparx Gems: 4199
#1082 Posted: 04:14:24 01/10/2014
It's been a good time.
See you all in the next game.
Trap Team is coming!
---
Don't have Skylanders, yet still a fan!
#1083 Posted: 05:17:41 01/10/2014
Quote: preciousawaken
Do we have any confirmation that the Kaos trap will be released individually (outside the dark starter) in wave 1 for the US?

In very very limited qualities.. Then not until wave 4.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#1084 Posted: 11:38:17 01/10/2014
heres a review of the ingame menu...

---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#1085 Posted: 12:24:37 01/10/2014
Much mislead..the video didn't show the new elements where the vid pic did
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#1086 Posted: 14:11:52 01/10/2014
For anyone who wants to see the final boss battle in Trap Team...
SPOILER ALERT!

Note: There is no commentary, just game audio.
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#1087 Posted: 14:13:42 01/10/2014
Looks like they wised up on the Platinum Chest at least. Still it annoys me that volcanic vault and the UFO hat won't be getting cards to store.

Either way definitely going to do some heavy recon before I try and figure out how to rearrange my binder. smilie
#1088 Posted: 14:48:50 01/10/2014
first review is up and it dont look promising...

http://www.thehdroom.com/revie...m-review-81265/
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
buzz Blue Sparx Gems: 901
#1089 Posted: 14:55:49 01/10/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone

I wouldn't say it doesn't look promising. There were things I nitpicked given we're four games in that I might not have one or two games ago. For me, the expectations raise with each iteration and some of mine weren't met.

Trap Team is still a fun Skylanders game with top notch production values and I'd buy it in a heartbeat. At the same time I feel like some opportunities were missed and some design choices don't feel right.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#1090 Posted: 14:55:53 01/10/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone

Hm..seems like the didn't like it..but they still awarded a 4.5/5? Does a game have to be completely broken to warrant at 3 or what?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
buzz Blue Sparx Gems: 901
#1091 Posted: 14:57:17 01/10/2014
Quote:
Hm..seems like the didn't like it..but they still awarded a 4.5/5? Does a game have to be completely broken to warrant at 3 or what?

See response above smilie
#1092 Posted: 14:57:24 01/10/2014
Kotaku's got theirs up too. A lot of little bits of info scattered about, including Kaos gameplay (he's awesome) and a better look at the new elemental villains in the second vid sorta.

http://kotaku.com/skylanders-t...-1641162189/all
#1093 Posted: 15:29:43 01/10/2014
If this is supposed to be a "reboot" they failed miserably. There is literally no reason to use any figure other then trap master as even they increase the villain timer.
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#1094 Posted: 16:52:58 01/10/2014
Quote: Kung Fu Man
Looks like they wised up on the Platinum Chest at least. Still it annoys me that volcanic vault and the UFO hat won't be getting cards to store.

Either way definitely going to do some heavy recon before I try and figure out how to rearrange my binder. smilie

I'm trying to avoid watching videos so I can limit the spoilers, but what do you mean by 'wised up on the platinum chest'? reading the rest of your comment, i'm assuming it has to do with the cards, or does it have something to do with it's functionality in the game?
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
#1095 Posted: 17:04:43 01/10/2014
Quote: alegeobla
Quote: Kung Fu Man

I'm trying to avoid watching videos so I can limit the spoilers, but what do you mean by 'wised up on the platinum chest'? reading the rest of your comment, i'm assuming it has to do with the cards, or does it have something to do with it's functionality in the game?

Unlike Swap-Force, the Platinum Chest (and Golden Dragonfire Cannon) aren't in the Magic Items list (though I predict both the normal and Golden Dragonfire Cannons will show up if you register both of them - or only Gold if you don't have the normal).
---
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#1096 Posted: 17:19:20 01/10/2014
Well, I will at least breathe a sigh of relief at not having to put 256 swapper combinations on the portal. Last time I did that I had to turn the sound off before going crazy...
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
#1097 Posted: 17:20:41 01/10/2014
And yeah, I mean cards to go into one's binder. They tend to be the only elements of the game left that don't have cards of any kind. Call it a pet peeve.
#1098 Posted: 17:40:46 01/10/2014
more review....

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/10...-unjust-desert/

Quote:
Trap Team is also glitchier than its predecessors. Large Skylanders frequently get stuck on level geometry, and I found myself falling off platforms a lot more often than in previous games. At one point, my partner and I managed to break the game entirely as our Skylanders fell off a ledge and into an endless void. We needed to reseat our figures on the Portal of Power several times before the problem corrected itself and gameplay resumed.

Quote:
Trap Masters also break Trap Team's combat balance. Trap Masters are more powerful than Skylanders from previous games – so much so that legacy Skylanders are less viable in combat. Legacy characters often cap their stats quickly, can take fewer hits, and deal less damage than newer figures, giving players little reason to stick with their favorites over Trap Team's exponentially stronger cast, especially in the difficult later levels.

Quote:
I can tell you that many of the game's most interesting platforming sequences are locked behind Elemental Gates, meaning that players with incomplete figure collections will miss out on some of the game's best moments.

Quote:
Skylanders Trap Team is the first game in the series to disappoint me. The uninspired level design really drags down the overall experience. Furthermore, the game's reliance on new figures is also a downer, especially for series veterans who already own a large collection of toys. Trap Team, is weaker than last year's Swap Force, and its costly locked content sets an unfortunate precedent for future sequels.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#1099 Posted: 17:46:03 01/10/2014 | Topic Creator
More snippets on some of the criticism of the reviews...

Quote:
On the downside, there’s nothing new here for your existing Skylanders, and the overall story just fails to come together.

Quote:
One downfall to the levels is the amount of dead time often tied to combat encounters. Waves of enemies don’t immediately populate, and sometimes delay the action so much that it seems like the game may have crashed. Some of the villain encounters are presented as significant end-of-level boss encounters, complete with cinematic sequences and attack variations. However, most of the villain battles are undercooked exercises in repetition – pushing the player to deal with the same attack patterns for far too long.

Quote:
If there are any issues to be had with the Trap Team experience, it is with the difficulty, or lack thereof.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:50:12 01/10/2014 by GhostRoaster
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#1100 Posted: 17:51:37 01/10/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
More snippets on some of the criticism of the reviews...

Quote:
On the downside, there’s nothing new here for your existing Skylanders, and the overall story just fails to come together.

Quote:
One downfall to the levels is the amount of dead time often tied to combat encounters. Waves of enemies don’t immediately populate, and sometimes delay the action so much that it seems like the game may have crashed. Some of the villain encounters are presented as significant end-of-level boss encounters, complete with cinematic sequences and attack variations. However, most of the villain battles are undercooked exercises in repetition – pushing the player to deal with the same attack patterns for far too long.

Quote:
If there are any issues to be had with the Trap Team experience, it is with the difficulty, or lack thereof.

So, it's a Skylanders game. Great, gonna purchase it soon!
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
First | Previous | Page 22 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me