Forum

Poll

13 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V2!
First | Previous | Page 14 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V2! [CLOSED]
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8793
#651 Posted: 23:05:58 16/09/2014
Why not make them Wii U exclusive?
Masked Man Blue Sparx Gems: 564
#652 Posted: 23:10:32 16/09/2014
Am I the only one who thinks that Skylanders Spyro would be better for a Smash Bros. game than Dawn of the Dragon Spyro?
---
mmmm sexy vore
Punk Bomb Green Sparx Gems: 230
#653 Posted: 23:12:18 16/09/2014
Quote: Masked Man
Am I the only one who thinks that Skylanders Spyro would be better for a Smash Bros. game than Dawn of the Dragon Spyro?

D) None of the above.
---
Give me money!
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#654 Posted: 23:47:41 16/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: somePerson

I think making a character exclusive to Wii U would be a bit unfair to those who don't have a Wii U and or can't afford one.

More news, this time regarding Solid Snake.

Quote: FoxWeekly
One of the most anticipated titles that Nintendo has up their sleeve is about to rock console sales. Super Smash Bros. is expected to be released next month for 3DS and later this year for Wii U.

With the release date of the 3DS version within reach, Japanese fans already have their hands on a copy of the game and rosters are flying over the internet.

Most characters are expected to return to both versions of the game, but one highly anticipated character will not.

A source close to Hideo Kojima has confirmed to Fox Weekly that the beloved character Solid Snake ‘will not be returning’ to Super Smash Bros. 4. Furthermore, our source tells us that the inclusion of Solid Snake in Smash Bros. 4 was ‘not on Masahiro’s mind’ even before the game started development back in 2012.

It’s a real bummer.

But on the bright side, various new characters have been leaked in the past few days. According to the latest Japanese leaks, newcomer the Duck Hunt Dog has been revealed — as well as veteran fighters Ness, Mr. Game & Watch and Falco.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS is expected to launch October 3rd, while the Wii U version is planned for release this holiday season.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#655 Posted: 23:52:22 16/09/2014
Meh, I never really played as snake anyway.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8793
#656 Posted: 00:17:40 17/09/2014
Quote: LunarDistortion

I think making a character exclusive to Wii U would be a bit unfair to those who don't have a Wii U and or can't afford one.

One of the most anticipated titles that Nintendo has up their sleeve is about to rock console sales. Super Smash Bros. is expected to be released next month for 3DS and later this year for Wii U.

With the release date of the 3DS version within reach, Japanese fans already have their hands on a copy of the game and rosters are flying over the internet.

Most characters are expected to return to both versions of the game, but one highly anticipated character will not.

A source close to Hideo Kojima has confirmed to Fox Weekly that the beloved character Solid Snake ‘will not be returning’ to Super Smash Bros. 4. Furthermore, our source tells us that the inclusion of Solid Snake in Smash Bros. 4 was ‘not on Masahiro’s mind’ even before the game started development back in 2012.

It’s a real bummer.

But on the bright side, various new characters have been leaked in the past few days. According to the latest Japanese leaks, newcomer the Duck Hunt Dog has been revealed — as well as veteran fighters Ness, Mr. Game & Watch and Falco.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS is expected to launch October 3rd, while the Wii U version is planned for release this holiday season.

They do that in a lot if games.
#657 Posted: 00:23:50 17/09/2014 | Topic Creator

It’s a real bummer.

They do that in a lot if games.

I honestly don't see Sakurai doing that though, I can't even think of a time Nintendo has done something like that besides Pokemon where all characters can still be played in both versions.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#658 Posted: 01:56:02 17/09/2014
Quote: Grimslinger91
Well, We've gotten some news from Sakurai about what's going to happen with the PotD's from now on.

Quote: Sakurai
Announcement: Originally, the pic of the day was only supposed to continue for about two months, but I've ended up posting pictures until even today. The 3DS version has already been released in Japan, so I would like to talk about how future posts will be handled.

First, I will not talk about hidden features until the game is released overseas. On the other hand, I definitely will talk about them after the game is released abroad.

In addition, I am planning to continue making posts at least until the Wii U version is released. I haven't decided if I'll go by the Japanese version release or the release of versions abroad, but the point is that I'll continue posting for a little bit longer.

Pic of the day won't focus on introducing new information anymore in the near future, but I hope to entertain you with interesting and funny photos like I originally intended to. Thanks.

No new info for about a month, and once that happens, there is no guarantee it is going to last much longer. November could be the day the PotD finally ends. It will be a sad day, officially the end of speculation.

It's been a good run, Sakurai. Now get some rest, You deserve it.

Wait,is Sakurai still going to reveal characters with trailers or posts?

He just said he isn't revealing anything until after Overseas, plus everything will be known so.
---
words. letters. filler.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#659 Posted: 04:47:42 17/09/2014
Well, We've gotten some news from Sakurai about what's going to happen with the PotD's from now on.

Quote: Sakurai
Announcement: Originally, the pic of the day was only supposed to continue for about two months, but I've ended up posting pictures until even today. The 3DS version has already been released in Japan, so I would like to talk about how future posts will be handled.

First, I will not talk about hidden features until the game is released overseas. On the other hand, I definitely will talk about them after the game is released abroad.

In addition, I am planning to continue making posts at least until the Wii U version is released. I haven't decided if I'll go by the Japanese version release or the release of versions abroad, but the point is that I'll continue posting for a little bit longer.

Pic of the day won't focus on introducing new information anymore in the near future, but I hope to entertain you with interesting and funny photos like I originally intended to. Thanks.

No new info for about a month, and once that happens, there is no guarantee it is going to last much longer. November could be the day the PotD finally ends. It will be a sad day, officially the end of speculation.

It's been a good run, Sakurai. Now get some rest, You deserve it.

Wait,is Sakurai still going to reveal characters with trailers or posts?

Maybe not reveal characters outright, but he is going to still post stuff

Which means the Smashbros Miiverse chat wont go down possibly!
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#660 Posted: 15:47:11 17/09/2014
A few pages ago, Sonicbrawler128 said it's possible to change the movement controls to the D-Pad (in the full 3DS version).

However, I've also heard it's not possible. Has anything been confirmed about it, or are there any screenshots of the Options menu?

Also, is there a pre-order bonus for GAME (UK)?
---
You can't handle MEMES
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#661 Posted: 16:14:48 17/09/2014
Quote: Qcumber
A few pages ago, Sonicbrawler128 said it's possible to change the movement controls to the D-Pad (in the full 3DS version).

However, I've also heard it's not possible. Has anything been confirmed about it, or are there any screenshots of the Options menu?

Also, is there a pre-order bonus for GAME (UK)?

Yeah I found out you actually can't map the controls to the D-Pad. I saw what the control options screen looks like and there is no option for it.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4149
#662 Posted: 21:28:42 17/09/2014
Quote: awesomerockets
For those of you who have played the demo, are the 3DS controls hard to get used to.

Your opinion=Everyones'

Excuse me? I was just asking a simple question. I don't see how "Your opinion = Everyone's" is a valid response to "Are the controls difficult to get used to" since there isn't even an opinion in that statement.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Grimslinger91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#663 Posted: 23:29:32 17/09/2014
For those of you who have played the demo, are the 3DS controls hard to get used to.

Your opinion=Everyones'

Excuse me? I was just asking a simple question. I don't see how "Your opinion = Everyone's" is a valid response to "Are the controls difficult to get used to" since there isn't even an opinion in that statement.

I've played it. The controls are easy to get used to if you have played with a Gamecube controller. The only thing that I don't like is grab being set to L but I can change that in the full version.
#664 Posted: 00:05:23 18/09/2014

Your opinion=Everyones'

I've played it. The controls are easy to get used to if you have played with a Gamecube controller. The only thing that I don't like is grab being set to L but I can change that in the full version.

Thank you for giving me a reasonable answer.
---
#665 Posted: 14:40:59 19/09/2014
Demo goes live at 9:00 AM PST

Da hype is real <3
---
#666 Posted: 16:08:12 19/09/2014 | Topic Creator
And the demo is out! I'm downloading it now, only a few seconds away from Smash Bros!
SilverWolf1129 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1891
#667 Posted: 16:10:10 19/09/2014
Currently downloading demo! smilie
---
It begins with them. But ends, with me. Their son. Vaxus.
#668 Posted: 18:46:30 19/09/2014
11:46 PST

Demo is out, but stuck in high school till 3-ish
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:47:21 19/09/2014 by Windumup
#669 Posted: 18:51:43 19/09/2014 | Topic Creator
New stage on Wii U! Castle Siege returns!

[User Posted Image]

"Pic of the day. Well, I'd better post some pictures from the Wii U version once in a while, right? We've brought back the Castle Siege stage from Fire Emblem!"

[User Posted Image]

"Most of the games in the Fire Emblem series have a different unique setting and have fields without much height, so it was hard to narrow down what venues to focus on. Castle Siege and Colosseum are two stages that aren't exclusive to specific games in the franchise."

It looks HD too! I'm hoping for Isle Delfino to return myself.
#670 Posted: 19:26:27 19/09/2014
Lucina be like "Why don't I get to star in the stage pic?"
---
#671 Posted: 20:10:08 19/09/2014
Quote: Windumup
Lucina be like "Why don't I get to star in the stage pic?"

Because she's an unlockable character.
---
Give me money!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#672 Posted: 01:37:22 20/09/2014
God, I love the demo. Just wish there was at least one more character to play as.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9034
#673 Posted: 03:43:58 20/09/2014

Your opinion=Everyones'

I partially disagree. I've played the demo quite a bit and, for whatever reason, the Circle Pad just doesn't work for me with smash attacks compared to the Gamecube's analog stick. If you were a C-stick user in Brawl & Melee, I believe you're going to have quite a bit of trouble with smash attacks in the 3DS version. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#674 Posted: 04:21:06 20/09/2014 | Topic Creator
I found the controls easy to learn, the circle pad for both movement and smash attacks is good, and the A/B buttons for standard and specials work pretty well.

Also, a little tidbit I found about the Unova Pokemon League stage is the Tips section.

Quote:
"Sometimes Milotic, Whimsicott, and Shaymin will appear. Don't worry-these three are only here to watch."

This means that Reshiram and Zekrom are the only of the five Pokemon to actual cause hazards, this also means Whimsicott and Shaymin happen to be there for some reason.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#675 Posted: 12:35:22 20/09/2014
I just got the demo yesterday, and I find that villager is really overpowered in the hands of a decent player. I can beat a rank 9 CPU villager, but when I was battling against my friend, I couldn't beat him. But as soon as he switched to anyone but villager, I could easily beat him.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#676 Posted: 13:41:47 20/09/2014
Mega Man's Up-Smash = Incredibly OP.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
EyeBrawler2014 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3429
#677 Posted: 13:58:45 20/09/2014
I think I got a triple KO just with Villager's Down-B move. I took me seconds to set it up and lucky the tree fell on all my opponents! The axe itself does good damage
---
Find me on Discord, I'm eyebrawler98#6720
SilverWolf1129 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1891
#678 Posted: 22:08:19 20/09/2014
PotD anyone?
---
It begins with them. But ends, with me. Their son. Vaxus.
#679 Posted: 00:44:10 21/09/2014
Quote: HIR

I partially disagree. I've played the demo quite a bit and, for whatever reason, the Circle Pad just doesn't work for me with smash attacks compared to the Gamecube's analog stick. If you were a C-stick user in Brawl & Melee, I believe you're going to have quite a bit of trouble with smash attacks in the 3DS version. <.<;

I wasn't a fan of the C-stick.
#680 Posted: 01:58:02 21/09/2014
Quote: SilverWolf1129
PotD anyone?

It's Saturday. There aren't any PotD's on the weekends.
---
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#681 Posted: 21:05:44 21/09/2014
Quote: SilverWolf1129
PotD anyone?

Only on weekdays brah. (Monday - Friday)
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#682 Posted: 04:00:53 22/09/2014
Pixilism we have no true confirmation if he is in (Oh hackers, where are you now?) as a DLC

Because his "boss stage" (If he really is a boss) is a wii u exclusive
---
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#683 Posted: 04:12:34 22/09/2014
Quote: Pixilism
GUESS WHO ISN'T IN SMASH

THAT'S RIGHT, RIDLEY

/probably late for this

nonono
#684 Posted: 11:38:47 22/09/2014 | Topic Creator
There really is only one Stage Boss in the 3DS version, Yellow Devil. (Dark Emperor doesn't really count, the Mii is the part of the stage that gives you powerups, stats boosts. and will be the thing you'll be going for. That's why they didn't talk about Dark Emperor during the Stage Boss portion of the Direct.

Doesn't mean much regarding Ridley though, He's deconfirmed regardless. It's strange that he is absolutely nowhere to be found in the 3DS version though, not even a trophy.
#685 Posted: 19:20:05 22/09/2014
They didn't directly disconfirm Ridley, they made it look like he may be a boss. The Ridley Direct Analysis hints he may be playable.

We may have just not found out his unlock trigger
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8478
#686 Posted: 19:31:48 22/09/2014
Quote: Windumup
They didn't directly disconfirm Ridley, they made it look like he may be a boss. The Ridley Direct Analysis hints he may be playable.

We may have just not found out his unlock trigger

He does not have a trophy in the 3DS version of Smash. It's very odd that the second most important character in the Metroid franchise didn't get a trophy. Maybe he's a Wii U exclusive trophy or perhaps, he is a planned DLC. Who knows? Isaac was an assist trophy in Brawl but yet shows up no where in Smash 3DS, maybe hes planned too?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:33:05 22/09/2014 by HeyitsHotDog
#687 Posted: 19:53:21 22/09/2014
Ridley's not in it, dammit guys.
---
Give me money!
#688 Posted: 20:00:26 22/09/2014
We don't know for sure. He could always be DLC.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#689 Posted: 20:15:06 22/09/2014
There really is only one Stage Boss in the 3DS version, Yellow Devil. (Dark Emperor doesn't really count, the Mii is the part of the stage that gives you powerups, stats boosts. and will be the thing you'll be going for. That's why they didn't talk about Dark Emperor during the Stage Boss portion of the Direct.

Doesn't mean much regarding Ridley though, He's deconfirmed regardless. It's strange that he is absolutely nowhere to be found in the 3DS version though, not even a trophy.

It's not strange, because Sakurai said the 3DS version would have trophies focusing on handheld games. Ridley is more associated with home consoles, especially since he has a known role in Smash Wii U. Hence, his trophy will be exclusive to Smash Wii U.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#690 Posted: 22:47:30 22/09/2014
Has anyone else seen the Mewtwo,Lucas,Wolf DLC leak?
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4124
#691 Posted: 22:52:27 22/09/2014
No where'd you see that?
#692 Posted: 23:23:55 22/09/2014
Quote: Swap Force Fan
No where'd you see that?

Gamefaqs. It wasn't from a user and looked very real. I would post the image here if I knew how.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#693 Posted: 04:05:37 23/09/2014
There's a bigger one out there, but this is the only one I could find right now.
[User Posted Image]
---
words. letters. filler.
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4124
#694 Posted: 10:42:21 23/09/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
There's a bigger one out there, but this is the only one I could find right now.
[User Posted Image]

Eh, Wolf and Mewtwo look really fake.
#695 Posted: 11:10:02 23/09/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm pretty sure those models are just their in-game trophies. I'm calling fake.
#696 Posted: 11:17:54 23/09/2014
Btw guys did you know that the Nintendog stage has exactly 5 different dog breeds and one cat?
Just an interesting tibit
---
#697 Posted: 11:31:43 23/09/2014
I'm pretty sure those models are just their in-game trophies. I'm calling fake.

In away it makes sense to use the in-game trophies because all character trophies are based off their official art.
---
Pittoo Ripto Gems: 0
#698 Posted: 19:05:21 23/09/2014
Aren't you all ecstatic to play as me?
#699 Posted: 19:18:30 23/09/2014
Quote: Pittoo
Aren't you all ecstatic to play as me?

Didn't you say that you didn't like the name Pittoo? Also it's kinda lame your a clone in a way
---
First | Previous | Page 14 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me