darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread
First | Previous | Page 19 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread [CLOSED]
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#901 Posted: 22:26:03 13/09/2014
Quote: Aura24
Bestbuy also posted the backstory of Funny Bone -

"Funny Bone hails from the funniest place in the land of the Undead, Punch Line Island. The isle is home to the Eternal Chuckling Trees that magically make everyone laugh when the breeze tickles them. Once the evil Count Moneybone heard the stories of the Eternal Chuckling Trees, he sent his minions to see if the magic could be used to construct a Funny Bomb. One day, Funny Bone saw the invaders arriving with large axes, and knew the trees were in danger. He sprang into action and fended off the minions, driving them from his humorous home. Funny Bone was made part of the Trap Team as a reward for his quick thinking and bravery and now guards Skylands against foes."

I love TfB backstories style.

Even if this is just a "bad guys come, Skylanders defeated them", it still has that special touch that make it unique. smilie

But... What did they meant with "Funny Bone was made part of the Trap Team"?
I tought only Trap Masters were part of the Trap Team.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#902 Posted: 22:56:38 13/09/2014
Quote: Drek95

"Funny Bone hails from the funniest place in the land of the Undead, Punch Line Island. The isle is home to the Eternal Chuckling Trees that magically make everyone laugh when the breeze tickles them. Once the evil Count Moneybone heard the stories of the Eternal Chuckling Trees, he sent his minions to see if the magic could be used to construct a Funny Bomb. One day, Funny Bone saw the invaders arriving with large axes, and knew the trees were in danger. He sprang into action and fended off the minions, driving them from his humorous home. Funny Bone was made part of the Trap Team as a reward for his quick thinking and bravery and now guards Skylands against foes."

Even if this is just a "bad guys come, Skylanders defeated them", it still has that special touch that make it unique. smilie

Best Buy added their own little bits to the descriptions, including that part.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#903 Posted: 23:11:20 13/09/2014
Quote: Matteomax
Quote: Drek95

Best Buy added their own little bits to the descriptions, including that part.

Oh, ok, thanks for answering. smilie

Oh, and, Matteomax, could you, ora any other utent go check out Amazon, because there are some pictures of traps Triple Packs that I believe were never posted before.

I would do it myself, but, as always, I can't do that from my iPad... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
JimmyIMMORTAL Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#904 Posted: 01:47:12 14/09/2014
On amazon us, uk or europe? On amazon us the triple trap packs have already been posted.

Are you referring to the two from this link?
http://myskylanders.de/2014/09...-hot/#more-7981
---
Collection: 242/254 + 59/60 traps + All Magic Items.
Riot Shield Shredder, Outlaw Brawl and Chain, Steamed Broccoli Guy and Rebel Lob Goblin.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:52:17 14/09/2014 by JimmyIMMORTAL
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#905 Posted: 01:54:12 14/09/2014
I really hope one of the ? Skylanders is a greeble.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#906 Posted: 02:53:56 14/09/2014
Maybe the unknown element is evilized
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#907 Posted: 05:08:45 14/09/2014
Quote: ExcitonKnight

That would be sweet
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#908 Posted: 05:28:56 14/09/2014
I just hope we get figures of Kaos and Chompy Mage!
Glumshanks would be great too. As would Mommy Kaos. But I doubt we'll ever get her.
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#909 Posted: 07:56:47 14/09/2014
All of wave 1 are on amazon.com
---
"Taking Charge"
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#910 Posted: 11:36:27 14/09/2014
Quote: Snap Shot

That would be sweet

Have Vathek be a Doom Raider if this becomes the unkown element.
#911 Posted: 13:31:59 14/09/2014
Quote: GigaCamo
Quote: Snap Shot

That would be sweet

Have Vathek be a Doom Raider if this becomes the unkown element.

And Mesmeralda
---
#912 Posted: 19:57:35 14/09/2014
For the PVP tier list in STT, we should have someone else creating it because egonaut is practically never on
---
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#913 Posted: 04:08:23 15/09/2014
Continuing this from another topic which was derailed-

Quote: Tigorus
Ultimately, at this point, is there anything that would prevent you from getting the game now and simply using the figures you have?

No rewarding new extra content/upgrades for figures (especially for the new ones, don't mind if the old ones don't get anything/very little new because I maxed them out plenty)

I'll buy the game, try it, go through it anyway. But the repayability for me came from upgrading things on the figure, which was why I still like SA/Giants better than SF (Heroics feel a hell of a lot more rewarding than Quests and give me something notable to do on fully-upgraded Skylanders). My primary reason for playing TT is to see if it offers that kind of thing, because Acti aren't answering anything about it.

Considering that old Quest medals don't show up and I just haven't seen anything to convince me otherwise, I'm not hopeful.

By the way, getting everything needed for 100% and accessing every level is a must for me, because I should be able to get 100% and access every level with basically any other game I purchase normally. I should also be able to access every character, but that's slightly lower priority. Plus, I'm a completionist. smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#914 Posted: 04:12:18 15/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Moving my post from derailed thread smilie

So, I just noticed that Quests didn't appear either. That's a major bummer if BOTH Quests and Heroics aren't in the game. Wowzers. Not surprising, but wow.

I guess we'll see how far the Trap Team experience takes from others. If re playability is low, I'll most assuredly not buy all of the new guys and at most one trap from each element.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:14:01 15/09/2014 by GhostRoaster
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#915 Posted: 04:34:49 15/09/2014
thats really disappointing if the giant and swap force quest medals don't show up on the figures in trap team.

on the plus side though, it'll make the console upgrade easier and cheaper for me, as i won't need to hang onto my ps3 or my copies of giants or SF to get quest medals on reposes.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#916 Posted: 05:22:39 15/09/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
Continuing this from another topic which was derailed-

Quote: Tigorus
Ultimately, at this point, is there anything that would prevent you from getting the game now and simply using the figures you have?

No rewarding new extra content/upgrades for figures (especially for the new ones, don't mind if the old ones don't get anything/very little new because I maxed them out plenty)

I'll buy the game, try it, go through it anyway. But the repayability for me came from upgrading things on the figure, which was why I still like SA/Giants better than SF (Heroics feel a hell of a lot more rewarding than Quests and give me something notable to do on fully-upgraded Skylanders). My primary reason for playing TT is to see if it offers that kind of thing, because Acti aren't answering anything about it.

Considering that old Quest medals don't show up and I just haven't seen anything to convince me otherwise, I'm not hopeful.

By the way, getting everything needed for 100% and accessing every level is a must for me, because I should be able to get 100% and access every level with basically any other game I purchase normally. I should also be able to access every character, but that's slightly lower priority. Plus, I'm a completionist. smilie

I get that. I just like the dialog of different points of view. I too am a fan of content as well, in fact it's King. That's why I liked S.F. the best in terms of things to do. That being said Heroics just aren't practical anymore, and who were they made for anyway? It's kind of ironic that, when questioned about meatier content, T.F.B. usually falls back on "we're making this game for kids". Oh really, so in SSA how many kids actually did 1024 Heroic Challenges on the original 32? Yeah I'm guessing not many. If T.T. actually loses features that will pretty much be the Death Knell for me. I enjoyed Bonus Missions, Swap Zones, Arenas (both Team and Solo), Nightmare Mode, etc. They kept me busy. Now I would totally be open to Heroics returning if they are in a different form. I personally would like to see a personal story mission for the Skylander that would provide a generous bonus to the Skylander who's Heroic it was and a small global bonus to the rest of your collection.
#917 Posted: 12:12:34 15/09/2014
I agree the Heroics system is repetitive, but I want some kind of start boost for fully-upgraded figures. I just got tired of a character in SF once I finished upgrading because there was nothing worthwhile to do. I could keep doing Quests, sure, but it just didn't feel rewarding.
If you're going to offer extra upgrades that take about an hour to get, they should feel rewarding because some people who love particular Skylanders will complete them with their favourites, and likely feel like they wasted time if the reward is poor. I could keep playing the extra modes (and that was the most fun I had with SF), but those were done way before I got every Skylander, and I just wanted to move onto other games.

Know I should leverage expectations but if I get tired of Skylanders I'll just go off, and... Well, I've said it before but it feels like it isn't for me any more. I want something to do on the figures, because I keep spending money and time to get them, not the game. I want them to make the game feel immersive again too, but that's another thing, one I've talked about enough.

Then again, I guess I wouldn't mind if they flat-out offered no extra upgrades/Quests (or very few/easy ones) since then I could focus on collecting Gold with figures and playing the ones I like instead of grinding to complete the horrible Quests like I did in SF. I admit, in SF I used Gold exploits to quickly upgrade the figures because I wanted to make it easy as possible to finish the Quests. That, and I like figuring out each Skylander's mechanics. The game was way more fun before I started working on Quests because I took time to learn every Skylander while going through levels to get Gold with them.
However, I'd only really be happy with a barebones upgrade system if there's tons of extra ingame content like SF had, otherwise the game as a whole would feel really barebones.

I agree I really don't want to see TT lose all the extra content, because even if it offers more in terms of figure upgrades, it'd be a slap in the face for people who don't care about the figure upgrades much and everyone would have less to do in the game.
I personally wanna see the same kind of Survival, with a score system and stars, plus have Time Attack return, at least. I also really want an equivalent to SWAP Zones back, because they offered a good break from the normal gameplay and sometimes I would upgrade SWAP Force Skylanders by doing them. (Just hope if we get something similar, it feels less tossed into the lore than the SZs or all Skylanders can play them :/)

two days and two hours till disney infinity 2 is out. whoo, i'm hyped for that right now, when tt is closer i'll probably get more excited to try it
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:14:15 15/09/2014 by Arc of Archives
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#918 Posted: 15:16:17 15/09/2014
I agree the Heroics system is repetitive, but I want some kind of start boost for fully-upgraded figures. I just got tired of a character in SF once I finished upgrading because there was nothing worthwhile to do. I could keep doing Quests, sure, but it just didn't feel rewarding.
If you're going to offer extra upgrades that take about an hour to get, they should feel rewarding because some people who love particular Skylanders will complete them with their favourites, and likely feel like they wasted time if the reward is poor. I could keep playing the extra modes (and that was the most fun I had with SF), but those were done way before I got every Skylander, and I just wanted to move onto other games.

Know I should leverage expectations but if I get tired of Skylanders I'll just go off, and... Well, I've said it before but it feels like it isn't for me any more. I want something to do on the figures, because I keep spending money and time to get them, not the game. I want them to make the game feel immersive again too, but that's another thing, one I've talked about enough.

Then again, I guess I wouldn't mind if they flat-out offered no extra upgrades/Quests (or very few/easy ones) since then I could focus on collecting Gold with figures and playing the ones I like instead of grinding to complete the horrible Quests like I did in SF. I admit, in SF I used Gold exploits to quickly upgrade the figures because I wanted to make it easy as possible to finish the Quests. That, and I like figuring out each Skylander's mechanics. The game was way more fun before I started working on Quests because I took time to learn every Skylander while going through levels to get Gold with them.
However, I'd only really be happy with a barebones upgrade system if there's tons of extra ingame content like SF had, otherwise the game as a whole would feel really barebones.

I agree I really don't want to see TT lose all the extra content, because even if it offers more in terms of figure upgrades, it'd be a slap in the face for people who don't care about the figure upgrades much and everyone would have less to do in the game.
I personally wanna see the same kind of Survival, with a score system and stars, plus have Time Attack return, at least. I also really want an equivalent to SWAP Zones back, because they offered a good break from the normal gameplay and sometimes I would upgrade SWAP Force Skylanders by doing them. (Just hope if we get something similar, it feels less tossed into the lore than the SZs or all Skylanders can play them :/)

two days and two hours till disney infinity 2 is out. whoo, i'm hyped for that right now, when tt is closer i'll probably get more excited to try it

so your complete out of the skylanders now?.. or are you still on the fence?...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#919 Posted: 21:53:11 15/09/2014
For the PVP tier list in STT, we should have someone else creating it because egonaut is practically never on

Well this was thrown out the window :'(
---
#920 Posted: 09:29:17 16/09/2014
@CMB This should answer your question.
#921 Posted: 10:25:47 16/09/2014

okay i see your on the fence then... im still on the fence too. but its interesting times ahead so will see what happen.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#922 Posted: 10:56:11 16/09/2014

I am working on it because I love the competitive side and I play 24/7
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#923 Posted: 18:12:36 16/09/2014
New video featuring Snap Shot, they'll probably post more of these -

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#924 Posted: 19:10:09 16/09/2014
Cool except it basically shows the soul gem videos of Skylanders and even some of their upgrades. So if you see these videos, there's no point to seeing the soul gem videos even more now. I like watching all the soul gem videos when I find them in the game and this does take away from the fun.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
DrobotMewTwo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1852
#925 Posted: 23:44:00 16/09/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster617
Cool except it basically shows the soul gem videos of Skylanders and even some of their upgrades. So if you see these videos, there's no point to seeing the soul gem videos even more now. I like watching all the soul gem videos when I find them in the game and this does take away from the fun.

same here. I feel like people should discover them themselves.
---
" C'mon, Ortensia. Doesn't everybody deserve a second chance? "- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3286
#926 Posted: 00:09:12 17/09/2014

But there is no PVP.
#927 Posted: 02:16:00 17/09/2014
Quote: DrobotMewTwo

On their facebook, SkylandersGame just revealed that the Power Play is a series.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#928 Posted: 12:43:31 17/09/2014
Quote: DrobotMewTwo

On their facebook, SkylandersGame just revealed that the Power Play is a series.

haven't these videos they have posted been a series from the start?...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#929 Posted: 13:36:34 17/09/2014
This italian article confirms that the 3DS version of Trap Team will be a completely different adventure:

http://www.everyeye.it/multi/n...nunciata_203299

If someone wants to translates it, the sentence is the last one, right at the end.
However, the whole article is written as it was a Kaos declaration, so, it might be worth to translate it all. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#930 Posted: 16:01:34 17/09/2014
Looks like some villain quests are more than just "bring this villain here, get upgrades". Cross Crow's quest was in SkyKids' video, and it looks more like a Heroic Challenge kind of quest!
#931 Posted: 18:44:52 17/09/2014
New commercial ad for Trap Team, you can tell that a different team did the animation. We also got a brief look at Wolfgang's boss fight arena -

---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:46:01 17/09/2014 by Aura24
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#932 Posted: 18:49:49 17/09/2014
New commercial ad for Trap Team, you can tell that a different team did the animation. We also got a brief look at Wolfgang's boss fight arena -

that one sceene where food fight was staring at the screen with a tomato covered gulper next to him looked dark... for this game.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#933 Posted: 18:51:49 17/09/2014

Two things.

1.That animation is fantastic.

2. Can some one make a HQ icon of Food Fight at the part when he says "Portal Master, NOW!" for me?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#934 Posted: 19:11:36 17/09/2014
Take your pic... get it? lol
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
#935 Posted: 19:13:24 17/09/2014
Thank you!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#936 Posted: 19:17:28 17/09/2014
dang, me and HIHD have the same avatar...
#937 Posted: 19:18:00 17/09/2014
It that OK?
---
#938 Posted: 19:19:41 17/09/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
It that OK?

i changed mine, so keep the cute food fight!
#939 Posted: 19:22:54 17/09/2014
Hahaah! Cool! I can't wait to play as him! Not my most excited newlander, but he's totes cool. Can't wait to see High Five as well. Have you heard Grave Clobber's voice yet?
---
#940 Posted: 19:59:27 17/09/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Hahaah! Cool! I can't wait to play as him! Not my most excited newlander, but he's totes cool. Can't wait to see High Five as well. Have you heard Grave Clobber's voice yet?

yeah, i think he may be my favorite earth villain.

alongside painyatta, smoke scream, broccoli guy, chill bill, buzzer beak, shrednaught, and wolfgang, they are the 8 eliete baddies!
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#941 Posted: 20:01:54 17/09/2014

The CGI! Oh my gosh!

[User Posted Image]

Looks so good it's tearing me up.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#942 Posted: 20:07:35 17/09/2014

Wow.

Those animation and those graphics are amazing!

Not kidding, Activision should really hire those guys, to do all the commercials from now on, and, why not, even the movie (if they decide to make it).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#943 Posted: 20:18:41 17/09/2014
Yeah the animation looked beautiful in that commercial, but what's wrong with Gulper? His eyes looked like they were bulging out of his sockets.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#944 Posted: 01:53:12 18/09/2014
Quote: Epic popthorn

But there is no PVP.

There is always story mode.
#945 Posted: 01:58:06 18/09/2014 | Topic Creator
No extra modes? OK, I'm just about done. Kaos Mode does not look engaging to me, but I guess it's better than NOTHING at this point.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:00:48 18/09/2014 by GhostRoaster
#946 Posted: 02:01:20 18/09/2014
PVP is not in Trap Team. It came from Paul and last night at a Skylanders event in NYC that we all went to, Jeff Poffenburger said the same thing again, they chose to not include it in Trap Team.
---
#947 Posted: 02:03:49 18/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylanderkids
PVP is not in Trap Team. It came from Paul and last night at a Skylanders event in NYC that we all went to, Jeff Poffenburger said the same thing again, they chose to not include it in Trap Team.

So, bottom line: outside of this Tower Defense with Kaos Mode....is that it outside of story?
---
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3286
#948 Posted: 02:10:30 18/09/2014
Quote: Epic popthorn

But there is no PVP.

There is always story mode.

Yeah, but you said PVP teir list.
#949 Posted: 02:27:26 18/09/2014
Plus Brocks challenges. They won't tell me if any Battle Type packs will be available & if they'll unlock anything new. But supposedly the Hub has some cool things, one guy told me there is some "singing thing" lol, not very helpful but we are sure theres stuff to do in the hub but recently they would not let us explore which means theres stuff to do around, but nothing can replace PVP imo.
---
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#950 Posted: 02:49:45 18/09/2014
Quote: skylanderkids
Plus Brocks challenges. They won't tell me if any Battle Type packs will be available & if they'll unlock anything new. But supposedly the Hub has some cool things, one guy told me there is some "singing thing" lol, not very helpful but we are sure theres stuff to do in the hub but recently they would not let us explore which means theres stuff to do around, but nothing can replace PVP imo.

Well one of those cool things to do in the HUB had better be heroic challenges. Yes, I'm still holding out hope until the day Activision inevitably dashes it. It'll feel good, just like when SSF got rid of double XP Sunday on me.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
First | Previous | Page 19 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me