darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread
First | Previous | Page 15 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25
Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread [CLOSED]
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#701 Posted: 15:59:42 25/08/2014
Quote: Epicscratch42
@CountMoneyBone Thanks! Those pics look awesome!

i tried to clean up the pictures more, so the details can be seen better here....

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:28:00 25/08/2014 by CountMoneyBone
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#702 Posted: 17:00:00 25/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Do we have example gameplay yet of Villain Quests?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:01:19 25/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
#703 Posted: 17:13:52 25/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

nope....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#704 Posted: 17:16:34 25/08/2014

I think one of the topics posted has a Rainfish Riviera gameplay where you can see Brawlrus quest being played. Not sure, however, since I don't want to see the video.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:35:42 25/08/2014 by Drek95
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#705 Posted: 17:30:59 25/08/2014

Yes we do (Brawlrus) and it is very disappointing. Look at the video at 20:57

Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#706 Posted: 18:03:32 25/08/2014
So just answering the question completed the villain quest? Not very involved I guess...
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#707 Posted: 18:08:45 25/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Zylek
So just answering the question completed the villain quest? Not very involved I guess...

Oh wow are you kidding me....so how is talking to the character a "quest"? I was expecting something...anything...

Oh my....

I was thinking this was going to replace Bonus Missions from Swap Force...now they have a serious content problem here.

Oh well, that was pretty much the last hinge of hope in snagging my dollars for the traps. No way now.

The only other thing I can think of is that they avoided putting the quests in the demo. I'll still hold out "hope".
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:13:14 25/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
#708 Posted: 18:11:09 25/08/2014
Quote: wgeorge111

wow that is the quests???... that was disappointing indeed.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#709 Posted: 18:19:16 25/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I'll see if Lou can answer this one since it's game-play his own company provided to attendees.

EDIT: Tweet sent.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:29:32 25/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#710 Posted: 18:32:59 25/08/2014
Yeah, that seems more like what I would expect from a 'Villain Stash' than a quest.
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
#711 Posted: 18:42:15 25/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: jbkaok
Yeah, that seems more like what I would expect from a 'Villain Stash' than a quest.

Most definitely.
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#712 Posted: 22:36:00 25/08/2014
So, I just got back from the Toys for Bob tour a couple of hours ago. There's stuff that I can't share at all.

Please do not ask me about this information. I cannot share anything.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:10:20 25/08/2014 by Matteomax
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#713 Posted: 22:39:02 25/08/2014
Quote: Matteomax
So, I just got back from the Toys for Bob tour a couple of hours ago, and wow, there's lots of stuff that I can't share, especially the truth behind the "Unknown" gate.

You tease.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#714 Posted: 22:42:07 25/08/2014
So, I just got back from the Toys for Bob tour a couple of hours ago, and wow, there's lots of stuff that I can't share, especially the truth behind the "Unknown" gate.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
---
now its time to get funky
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#715 Posted: 23:01:55 25/08/2014
Just to clear up any confusion...

There IS NOT a Legendary starter pack exclusive at TRU.

The promotion is that when you presell with TRU, in each starter pack there is a prize you can win. These prizes are "legendary" prizes you could win. Such a a TRU shopping spree, a Skylanders bedroom makeover or a life size Mega blok build Skylanders figure.

Again, there IS NOT a Legendary starter pack!!!!!
#716 Posted: 00:05:13 26/08/2014
So, I just got back from the Toys for Bob tour a couple of hours ago. There's stuff that I can't share at all.

nothing is shocking anymore the trap team have been a big let down so more bad news dont matter that much.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:06:31 26/08/2014 by CountMoneyBone
#717 Posted: 00:33:52 26/08/2014 | Topic Creator

If you didn't want anyone to ask, then you shouldn't have said you knew but couldn't share. That's kinda the equivalent of the gentleman sharing pics of skylanders he owns that aren't released yet.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:34:23 26/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#718 Posted: 01:26:22 26/08/2014

If you didn't want anyone to ask, then you shouldn't have said you knew but couldn't share. That's kinda the equivalent of the gentleman sharing pics of skylanders he owns that aren't released yet.

Agreed
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#719 Posted: 02:06:46 26/08/2014
Will the nicknaming system include hyphens? There are some Skylanders I like to nickname with hyphens (-) included. Also, will placing new Skylanders in the game once be included another game file much like in Swap Force? When I placed Stink Bomb once on the portal while in game file 1, I noticed that I still have him in the data banks in game files 2 and 3. It's much easier than pausing and adding new Skylanders to the in-game database.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#720 Posted: 02:17:21 26/08/2014

Not even just a sliver of info? Not even a slight hint?
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
JimmyIMMORTAL Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#721 Posted: 02:21:08 26/08/2014

Do you know when TFB will give us the info?
---
Collection: 242/254 + 59/60 traps + All Magic Items.
Riot Shield Shredder, Outlaw Brawl and Chain, Steamed Broccoli Guy and Rebel Lob Goblin.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#722 Posted: 04:12:33 26/08/2014
Quote: wgeorge111

Maybe there are various types of quests, some shorter and some longer? ......

If you can't say anything at all, who cares lol? That brings nothing to this thread.
---
bye
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#723 Posted: 09:44:33 26/08/2014
Just continuing the unskippable cutscene discussion here since the thread it was in was locked (and it's off-topic anyway)...

I was playing Giants and noticed the hint popups in the top-right which appeared in some Heroics. Then I thought, "Couldn't they put these in to solve that cutscene issue?", but then realised they only popped up for a second. But I thought they could put those hints in sometimes- AND make some king of log that'd have the hints, so confused players can easily find them.

For example, if you had to do a block puzzle, it could say "Push the blocks in the right places so you can jump over them to the other side of the chasm". Just as a very basic example. I don't really know how you could access it (maybe it could just stay somewhere on the pause menu and possibly the GamePad for the Wii U version, so it's simple to find?), but I think adding that in could solve the issue. The unskippable cutscenes are really frustrating when replaying. The hints might get annoying during a first playthrough, but I don't think they need to make all of them pop up in the corner of the screen, just ones some kids skip the cutscene for then have trouble with.

But seriously they should just make it so you can skip those scenes when replaying because that's the biggest issue with them

EDIT: As well as this, they could make it that you can press a certain button while you have something selected on the quest log, and it'll show you where to go like a cutscene would.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:28:59 27/08/2014 by Arc of Archives
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12833
#724 Posted: 10:16:57 26/08/2014
^This.
When you're in the hub in SSA, the text box telling you what to do or who to talk to next pops up every minute when you hang around. I'd rather have that in TT than unskippable cutscenes.
#725 Posted: 10:51:24 26/08/2014

I won't ask you anything.
But, tell me one thing: aren't you a moderator, Matteomax?
If so, did you really tought saying such things would have helped keeping this thread moderated...?

You specifically said you had the answers for the Unknown Elemental Gates (and thus probably for the characters that unlock them as well), and then erased that part, after saying that you can't say anything about them.

Well, if you do know something that could help us being hyped, or excited, instead of annoyed and frustrated, then it's your duty, as a fan, and as an important member of this forum to at least tell us if they are important and exciting news, or just more of the same, with some smaller twists.

That was a comprehensible (but still irritating) teasing, for a normal fan, but surely not for a moderator.

I'm really starting to have enough, of this secretive behaviour, now.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#726 Posted: 12:49:41 26/08/2014
I don't get the point of having a thread about what questions to ask while on tour and then come back and say I can't share any information. He must have drank the koolaid while there and now spouts the their canned answer: no comment at this time.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#727 Posted: 12:50:54 26/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I did find it odd that he closed out his thread requesting questions where he could've posted the answers in the thread. It was a huge attention grabbing exercise. I'm sure he's bound to the marketing machine and massive legal staff of Activision. In any event, let's talk about what we can. smilie

In other similar non-news news, Lou has tweeted, but not to my post. I can only assume at this point this is a "hush hush" item (re: Villain Quests).
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 16:07:26 26/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
#728 Posted: 16:21:38 26/08/2014
I did find it odd that he closed out his thread requesting questions where he could've posted the answers in the thread. It was a huge attention grabbing exercise. I'm sure he's bound to the marketing machine and massive legal staff of Activision. In any event, let's talk about what we can. smilie

In other similar non-news news, Lou has tweeted, but not to my post. I can only assume at this point this is a "hush hush" item (re: Villain Quests).

we have already seen one villain quest and that sucked big time.... so what are they trying to hide here?? that all villain quest sucks or something?...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#729 Posted: 17:18:15 26/08/2014

I was not able to get the answers for the questions at the time; I was on a time constraint, had over 3 pages of questions, and a decent amount of the questions concerned things that can't be shared.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:18:54 26/08/2014 by Matteomax
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#730 Posted: 17:43:18 26/08/2014

can you atleast confirm if it is a element they donnt want us to know about or if it really is the unknown elemnet
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#731 Posted: 19:03:26 26/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I was not able to get the answers for the questions at the time; I was on a time constraint, had over 3 pages of questions, and a decent amount of the questions concerned things that can't be shared.

I'm not sure what this means, as many of the questions I saw in your thread looked appropriate to share type questions. There's really not much left to talk about Trap Team anyway, to my account. We'll get some question marks figured out and see some gameplay of these new figures. Sounds about right to me. We are about a week from being just a month out from release. My comment about discussion was about what us "commoners" could talk about.

Here's where we are kiddies...

Current state of affairs is that Villain Quests are non-existent, or they purposely blocked the content in the demo. We'll find out soon enough (or not), I guess.

Either the unknown elements will be revealed, or they catapult us into the next game somehow or it's just a marketing scam. We'll find out soon enough (or not), I guess.

So far, the content we've seen for Trap Team is heavy on the figure / villain side only. We know the number of chapters, and the Skystones diversion. Not sure other than the mystery "Kaos mode" how replayability is sustained outside of "playing as the villains". Heroics have a doubtful but unconfirmed return. No other game modes have been confirmed, but we can presume that at least PvP and Brock's Survival rounds will make a comeback. We'll find out soon enough (or not), I guess.
---
Edited 11 times - Last edited at 19:32:44 26/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#732 Posted: 20:13:51 26/08/2014
How many chapters are there?
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#733 Posted: 20:18:28 26/08/2014

anything you can tell us?
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12833
#734 Posted: 20:39:14 26/08/2014
Quote: flashwingftw

Eighteen according to the achievements.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#735 Posted: 20:52:08 26/08/2014
Quote: flashwingftw

Isn't it 18 via other leaks?

While I'm fine with their being an embargo on the info he has, what I AM curious about is...

What else/how much else is there to hold back? It seemed like the news a week or so ago pretty much presented 'the game' short of actual plot/story elements (which "I" wouldn't want leaked out early anyway). I'm not in a rush to see 'behind those question marks', more figures or reposes, either or is fine. We've got a grasp on how many figures that are new. We know what the minis are for now - minus maybe mini areas.

Are they still withholding mechanics to the game information?

That's where I'm now curious.

Being honest with you guys, seeing the poster actually got me more excited than anything else. While they've essentially jacked up the price of the figures by making Traps the 'new core', I feel there is less to get, so I feel more at peace, like they aren't offering $400 worth of toys for the game length of 20 hours.
- Unreall
#736 Posted: 02:16:38 27/08/2014 | Topic Creator
The achievements are published. It's a confirmed fact it's 18 levels.

Actually, if you get everything, there is a way more stuff to get. And much of it is reheated: Eon's Elite, Resposes, and Minis to a certain extent. If you avoid those and limit your trap purchases, then I'd agree with you.

And of course, there's usually 5 or so "in game variants" and legendaries to contend with. There's an unknown element to villain variants.

As to information, my list is what we're missing. Outside of story mode, we know nothing of the other replay value, the question element/trap masters, etc. I'm getting a distinct feeling replay value is DOA.
-GR
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 02:22:10 27/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#737 Posted: 03:53:35 27/08/2014

Why would you tell us then? You're basically asking for our attention, which is what you seem to do nowadays smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
#738 Posted: 12:31:07 27/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

Why would you tell us then? You're basically asking for our attention, which is what you seem to do nowadays smilie

Do not feed the animals. smilie
-GR
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:31:42 27/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
#739 Posted: 12:42:06 27/08/2014

-GR

with more people holding back information. im now actually thinking of quitting skylanders for good. i just had enough of these secrets and all...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#740 Posted: 13:11:55 27/08/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone

-GR

with more people holding back information. im now actually thinking of quitting skylanders for good. i just had enough of these secrets and all...

That's kind of a stupid reason.
We'll get all of the news eventually, I mean it's not like they are going to release the game without revealing the rest of the secrets.
And the game comes out in about a month, so news will be coming soon enough.
---
now its time to get funky
#741 Posted: 13:54:02 27/08/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone

-GR

I would never leave such an awesome game series, that I love that much, only because they are being really secretive about the new title... But I'm still getting quite tired too.

I personally saw enough to make my decision, yet I can see why some other persons would want more informations...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#742 Posted: 15:29:45 27/08/2014 | Topic Creator
My need for information was never for toys. They've never doubted me in this area. That's a major statement to make.
My need for information was 20% for seeing level play.
My need for information was 30% for seeing the toy gimmick.
My need for information was 50% replay features and modes; what will keep me coming back to make my toy purchase worthwhile? (serious strike for no online right now)

The last point has been a sore conversation for me up to Swap Force. Although it wasn't perfect, they made the most strides. I haven't seen anything yet and that determines how many toys or traps I end up getting. I'm already off reposes (this includes minis) and Elites...will it also include some of the new cores and trap masters? That's where I'm headed at this point. CMB, I get your frustration. I'm getting the game because I have 200 skylanders I can use. Will I get more? Based on what I've seen, very limited amounts of net new toy purchases. At this point there's ~28 characters I'm not buying. The longer they wait to close the sale, the bigger this number is getting.

By 2nd week of Sept if I don't know about replay game value I'll cut my core and trap master purchase counts by half. Won't phase them but I'll sure feel better.
---
Edited 11 times - Last edited at 15:43:07 27/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#743 Posted: 15:59:27 27/08/2014
I'm just leaving this here because it's relevant to replayability, and didn't get one response in the other thread (just like all my posts lately, I bet nobody will notice when I silently stop visiting): //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...62&post=5274429

I don't know if I'm in a minority but I'd prefer to have stuff to do on the figures rather than the games; I'd like both, but I'm going to keep spending on figures and want more reason to use them after I beat the game content (which, unless I intentionally stretched things out like I did with SF, would be long before I buy every figure)

At this point I'll try TT to see what the replayability is like, but if it isn't what I want, then I'll just get a refund because I want to give it one more chance but feel like this franchise has been heading in a direction that's not for me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:07:04 27/08/2014 by Arc of Archives
#744 Posted: 17:23:25 27/08/2014 | Topic Creator
AoA: Stop saying that--there are a ton of folks that LOVE and ENJOY your comments and suggestions-I being one of them.

I guess I'm pretty close to where you are -- the continued laser focus on areas I think would be better served in other areas is pretty much my number one concern with the overall franchise, and will ultimately contribute to my non-participation.

I need more content for both THE GAME and THE FIGURES. They've killed that with lack of online and keeping the level cap 20....so WHAT WILL I NEED TO DO TO MY FIGURES other than EXPERIENCE? The answer is very much NOT CLEAR. Out of the gate all 200 of my skylanders will already be at the TT cap for experience, which makes this particularly depressing for replay. Activision, please tell me there's a REASON to put my figures on the portal other than "for the fun of it". I would argue however that the need to upgrade skylander STATS has pretty much been a worthless exercise in general since the difficulty levels basically negate any work you do in this area...I wish somehow they would solve the value proposition of going through this exercise.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:30:29 27/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#745 Posted: 17:49:54 27/08/2014
Replayability: Bonus missions are good, heroics are good. I don't care about score or speed runs after the fact (I prefer how they were in the previous games, part of the 'star' equation if you will).

I'm just - truly - in shock that they haven't expanded the game universe on console.

I odn't mean repackaging the earlier games (though I'd be all for a an HD version that let me use the newer figures).

But why haven't they introduced downloadable games or purchasable games that use the portal and figures? Spyro Racer? Spyro Puzzle Quest? Spyro platformer? Spyro card games (could even be based around skystones)? Spyro PARTY?!?! I'm just shocked that hasn't been tapped...such a strong focus on the main game, but they could make a pretty penny with more games in a different vein.
- Unreall
#746 Posted: 18:17:16 27/08/2014
Quote: Unreallystic
But why haven't they introduced downloadable games or purchasable games that use the portal and figures? Spyro Racer? Spyro Puzzle Quest? Spyro platformer? Spyro card games (could even be based around skystones)? Spyro PARTY?!?! I'm just shocked that hasn't been tapped...such a strong focus on the main game, but they could make a pretty penny with more games in a different vein.
- Unreall

Lost Islands is exactly this. Actually, all the mobile games, but Lost Islands is really what got me more into figure collecting rather than the minimum to complete the game. Unless you are playing on Nightmare and/or die a lot, having more figures than needed to access all content doesn't do anything gameplay wise. In Lost Islands, having more figures (or codes) has a huge impact on gameplay. It really lets me take advantage of all I have invested into the franchise. Beyond the toys, it has a freemium aspect as well (not too badly balanced as these things go though, since the premium currency is fairly easily attainable for no cash), so they are definitely raking it in from that.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:18:27 27/08/2014 by jbkaok
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#747 Posted: 19:00:48 27/08/2014
Lost Islands has inconsistent support...remember the flatline before Builda Grilla Drilla brought the game back from a coma?

As for the other apps, pssh. Battlegrounds gets some support, after like 8 months of nothing. Then there's Cloud Patrol, which doesn't even have Swap Force figures in it last I knew.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#748 Posted: 19:12:25 27/08/2014
So what I'm getting from you people is that you really don't like games like Super Smash Bros not instantly revealing all the information.

As secret is the thrill of the chase. It'll either be super disappointing, or super exciting, but a secret should get you at least get you somewhat interested. Giving up on a game series because they aren't telling us what could be a big game changer immediately shows that you are impatient, and probably never really liked the series to begin with.

You never get what you want instantly, so learn to wait.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#749 Posted: 19:25:49 27/08/2014
Quote: AzureStarline
Lost Islands has inconsistent support...remember the flatline before Builda Grilla Drilla brought the game back from a coma?

As for the other apps, pssh. Battlegrounds gets some support, after like 8 months of nothing. Then there's Cloud Patrol, which doesn't even have Swap Force figures in it last I knew.

Yeah, I agree that LI had a long dry period, and I sadly missed some alts because I let it lapse too long. In general though, if you are a new player starting it, there is a lot of content, and it rewards a big collection heavily - especially now that they are doing more toy-link stuff and clearly gearing up for Trap Team. I expect robust support for a while there, and they are fully up to date on figures.

Battlegrounds is a terrible game. I own it, but it is mind-numbingly repetitive and doesn't reward you much beyond having a few of each element for coin bonuses. Cloud Patrol, again not much of a reward for figures beyond the elements, but it is a pretty great classic time-killer touch game with lots of replay value.

It would be hard to have many games that support all figures - that's what the consoles are for, but I think Lost Islands in general does a good job on the tablet, and the other tablet games do let you do a lot with your figures, even if they aren't as fun.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:26:49 27/08/2014 by jbkaok
#750 Posted: 19:44:01 27/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bionichute
So what I'm getting from you people is that you really don't like games like Super Smash Bros not instantly revealing all the information.

As secret is the thrill of the chase. It'll either be super disappointing, or super exciting, but a secret should get you at least get you somewhat interested. Giving up on a game series because they aren't telling us what could be a big game changer immediately shows that you are impatient, and probably never really liked the series to begin with.

You never get what you want instantly, so learn to wait.

Is there any choice? Just saying, I can't make purchase decisions without the 411.
---
First | Previous | Page 15 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me