darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread
First | Previous | Page 11 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23 24 25
Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread [CLOSED]
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#501 Posted: 17:06:22 15/08/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: wideawakewesley
Does anyone know the original source of the high res version of the poster?

skylanders facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/Skyla...cation=timeline

I don't see it there?
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13989
#502 Posted: 17:40:59 15/08/2014
It's on the US Facebook page, not the UK specific one that you probably got redirected to.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#503 Posted: 19:11:55 15/08/2014
Okay, so I was thinking how we have seen every character....and if you think about it! that doesn't really matter. We haven't seen gameplay of more than HALF of them.

EDIT: Wait...remember those villains from the achievements awhile back? Not only is the eye-hand guy missing, that ninja-bird is missing!
---
#hu
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:22:49 15/08/2014 by Rickorio
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#504 Posted: 03:23:19 16/08/2014
Quote: GameMaster78
Swap Force on PS4 was 12-13 gigs, which differed from the 360 and PS3 versions. I attribute that to the upped resolution?

But even still, 12-13 gigs is hardly anything when these discs can be upwards of 25 gigs+.

Not alone. On the XBOX 360 the game must fit on one DVD, so it was only 7,6 gb big and there are just 3 or 4 languages on it. But on the XBOX One it was 14 GB, but i was 10 and more languages.

But I must say, what I've seen so far from Trap Team looks more as a step back as a step forward. In Swap Force we had the very big, high detailed outdoor levels with forsight and furthermore the Swap Zones. But here we've small levels like SSA or Giants with not so detailed graphics and flat textures. It looks okay, but not so good as we expact that from a game for a next generation console.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#505 Posted: 11:33:38 16/08/2014
They need to let us know about what the 3ds version of the game entails. Plus have we seen the villain vault yet?
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#506 Posted: 11:44:34 16/08/2014
what we need to see is the menu system in the game and all it have... they are always hiding this.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#507 Posted: 13:57:23 16/08/2014
Quote: Rickorio
Okay, so I was thinking how we have seen every character....and if you think about it! that doesn't really matter. We haven't seen gameplay of more than HALF of them.

EDIT: Wait...remember those villains from the achievements awhile back? Not only is the eye-hand guy missing, that ninja-bird is missing!

I've not been keeping up on Skylanders news. Who is the eye-hand guy?
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#508 Posted: 15:04:17 16/08/2014
Quote: Mesuxelf

I've not been keeping up on Skylanders news. Who is the eye-hand guy?

This one. I'm calling him "Eye Handy" for now ;P
[User Posted Image]
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#509 Posted: 15:46:18 16/08/2014
smiliesmilie
I actually laughed at that.
#510 Posted: 16:24:17 16/08/2014
after all these videos from vloggers. why didnt anyone manage to check out the outfits, to see what is there and/or stats to see if heroics are there?...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#511 Posted: 16:34:57 16/08/2014 | Topic Creator
They were probably told to back off.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#512 Posted: 16:39:34 16/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
They were probably told to back off.

like smack the fingers if touch, lol.... its typical acti holding back the important stuff we need to know.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:40:24 16/08/2014 by CountMoneyBone
#513 Posted: 16:40:17 16/08/2014 | Topic Creator
we already know it's hats and trinkets. by the way. I think they've conceded they have enough hats and are looking at other items...There's not a concept of a "complete" outfit I 't think, although I wouldn't doubt it if they offered a hat and a number of trinkets in a "bundle" outfit.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:43:35 16/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
#514 Posted: 16:43:08 16/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
we already know it's hats and trinkets. by the way.

that we pretty much know would have been anyway. but whats behind when you click on these menus we dont know...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#515 Posted: 16:44:21 16/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Let's go with:
One eyed patch
Ear rings
necklaces
tattoos
etc

It would be funny if you could doll up a guy and make a girl "butch". Not that there's anything wrong with that.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:45:01 16/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
#516 Posted: 16:49:36 16/08/2014
and we will find these in the game or is it going to be another wallet robbing?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#517 Posted: 16:50:42 16/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm guessing in the game, unlocked on color variant figures, purchase in the store...the usual.
---
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#518 Posted: 01:58:19 17/08/2014
When will the Frito-landers be released?
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#519 Posted: 02:43:18 17/08/2014
Quote: ExcitonKnight
When will the Frito-landers be released?

Someone can prob find the official statement but i'd say by mid sept at the latest.
Swag Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#520 Posted: 06:18:53 17/08/2014
Calling it right now that the four missing are Eon's Elite and the missing bottoms will be Kaos' Elite
---
I'm Childish
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#521 Posted: 06:26:05 17/08/2014
They already said there are going to be eight Eon's Elite figures.

"Eon's Elite represents the most iconic characters from the original Skylanders game that started it all," said Josh Taub, senior vice president of product marketing at Activision Publishing. "These eight toys are not only premium quality but also honor the characters' strength, courage and commitment. We're excited to extend our fans' collections with this new line."
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#522 Posted: 07:11:19 17/08/2014
With there being two slots of two, I am calling for either a Hero/Villain category, or two new elements. 1 new core in each of those two black categories, and who knows what else goes in there.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#523 Posted: 07:23:24 17/08/2014
Given the Trap Masters are broken off from the cores/minis with the blocks I'd still likely bank on only a single new element still. Two Trap Masters (broken off like all the other elements) for it as well as two cores for said element. I honestly can't think of a new elemental outside of something cheesy like dark/light or chaos(Kaos) / order, both which really are really stretching things. Dark/Light starts stepping on the toes of the idea of Dark variant Skylanders. Just about anything else steps on the toes of existing elements. I would have likely gone with Psychic or Time but Blastermind and Deja Vu kinda killed that. My only other idea would be Space(Vortex), which I mentioned long ago when the geargolems came out in Swap Force. We could get some really ALIEN looking Skylanders. Cthulhu Skylander for the Win!
#524 Posted: 07:24:53 17/08/2014
Another thing to remember, is that they said there would be 60 new Skylanders to play with -

http://www.forbes.com/sites/da...ders-trap-team/

If you add up the playable Skylanders on the poster, you have 57. That includes the 2 black slots that each have two question marks. So, where do the other 3 come from? I am starting to think the Tech, Earth, and Undead elements will indeed have a repose, thus hitting that 60 mark listed in the link above.
---
#525 Posted: 07:27:18 17/08/2014
Quote: GothamLord
Given the Trap Masters are broken off from the cores/minis with the blocks I'd still likely bank on only a single new element still. Two Trap Masters (broken off like all the other elements) for it as well as two cores for said element. I honestly can't think of a new elemental outside of something cheesy like dark/light or chaos(Kaos) / order, both which really are really stretching things. Dark/Light starts stepping on the toes of the idea of Dark variant Skylanders. Just about anything else steps on the toes of existing elements. I would have likely gone with Psychic or Time but Blastermind and Deja Vu kinda killed that. My only other idea would be Space(Vortex), which I mentioned long ago when the geargolems came out in Swap Force. We could get some really ALIEN looking Skylanders. Cthulhu Skylander for the Win!

as some of the skylanders aren't alien looking enough...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#526 Posted: 07:29:22 17/08/2014
Good catch on the 60. Totally forget about most articles that far back. Though was any other source noted of using that number besides Forbes? Given it was back in April, things *could* change, though I would be inclined to agree that we'll more than likely get another repose still for the last three elements.
#527 Posted: 07:34:37 17/08/2014

Not really. Most are typical anthropomorphic animals or plants, ghosts, robots, typical mythology and fantasy based creatures. We dont really have all that much in terms of xenomorph type creatues, ex: Aliens, Starcraft, Cthulhu, Men in Black, E.T., Independence Day, etc.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:36:36 17/08/2014 by GothamLord
#528 Posted: 07:35:28 17/08/2014
Yep.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06...-to-ridiculous/

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-o...ter-pack/114819

And I've seen it mentioned in videos and other sites as well. However, those are just two more examples of how they were talking about having over 60 new Skylanders to collect.

Should they not have changed that, and seeing how they're still being cryptic with the poster, don't be surprised if they're trying to keep Tech, Earth, and Undead reposes a secret as well. If they advertise 60 or more, then either they can't count right, or made a serious change to the game.
---
#529 Posted: 07:43:55 17/08/2014
Yep.

And I've seen it mentioned in videos and other sites as well. However, those are just two more examples of how they were talking about having over 60 new Skylanders to collect.

Should they not have changed that, and seeing how they're still being cryptic with the poster, don't be surprised if they're trying to keep Tech, Earth, and Undead reposes a secret as well. If they advertise 60 or more, then either they can't count right, or made a serious change to the game.

you included the eons elite?...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#530 Posted: 07:47:23 17/08/2014

Not really. Most are typical anthropomorphic animals or plants, ghosts, robots, typical mythology and fantasy based creatures. We dont really have all that much in terms of xenomorph type creatues, ex: Aliens, Starcraft, Cthulhu, Men in Black, E.T., Independence Day, etc.

since all the xenomorph more or less is horror characters except for e.t. i dont think these will be a good idea to have in a family friendly game...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#531 Posted: 07:56:04 17/08/2014
Aliens and Cthulhu are really the only horror ones. The others while I cant deny being slightly scary for the younger crowd, the rest are more action movie based or general science fiction. Besides dragons are generally HUGE scary fire breathing creatures of destruction in mythology. I think we've managed to tone that down for a kids game rather well. Same thing with things like undead creatures like vampires, ghosts, and skeleton warriors. I dont think making a xeno would be a HUGE step.

[User Posted Image]

As for another reason I'm going to lean towards Space(Vortex) being possible is because we have at least two Skylanders' with backhistory that makes implications of coming from space. Star Strike's story implies she was plucked from her home out in the cosmos, and Flashwing is said to have crashed into the Skylands via a shooting star.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:35:51 17/08/2014 by GothamLord
#532 Posted: 12:55:29 17/08/2014
Aliens and Cthulhu are really the only horror ones. The others while I cant deny being slightly scary for the younger crowd, the rest are more action movie based or general science fiction. Besides dragons are generally HUGE scary fire breathing creatures of destruction in mythology. I think we've managed to tone that down for a kids game rather well. Same thing with things like undead creatures like vampires, ghosts, and skeleton warriors. I dont think making a xeno would be a HUGE step.

[User Posted Image]

As for another reason I'm going to lean towards Space(Vortex) being possible is because we have at least two Skylanders' with backhistory that makes implications of coming from space. Star Strike's story implies she was plucked from her home out in the cosmos, and Flashwing is said to have crashed into the Skylands via a shooting star.

Okay, I don't know where you got that picture, but man do those two guys look awesome.
---
#hu
#533 Posted: 13:16:02 17/08/2014
Its a hydralisk and a protoss. Characters from the earlier mentioned Starcraft that have been "toned down" for more age appropriate viewing. Mostly to show the scary xeno aspect could fly as possible.

Its off a deviantart.com. i can link a source link when im not posting from my cell.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:18:32 17/08/2014 by GothamLord
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#534 Posted: 13:16:59 17/08/2014
A space element would be rad. It'd fir right in with tech and undead as my favorite.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#535 Posted: 14:05:26 17/08/2014
Its a hydralisk and a protoss. Characters from the earlier mentioned Starcraft that have been "toned down" for more age appropriate viewing. Mostly to show the scary xeno aspect could fly as possible.

Its off a deviantart.com. i can link a source link when im not posting from my cell.

Well, now I want a Space element, smilie
---
#hu
#536 Posted: 14:39:03 17/08/2014
Yep.

you included the eons elite?...

They did say over 60, though, without giving a definite number. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't including Eon's Elite when they said over 60. However, they very well could have. Guess we won't all know until later on. I'm still thinking there's secrets on that poster besides the "?" boxes.
---
#537 Posted: 16:08:13 17/08/2014
here is a playthrough of the demo, there is some interesting stuff to see...

---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#538 Posted: 16:45:23 17/08/2014

Whoever was playing were terrible.

Also, did anyone notice that it said Dark Food Fight, but whirlwind showed up?
---
#hu
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8332
#539 Posted: 16:55:05 17/08/2014

Whoever was playing were terrible.

Also, did anyone notice that it said Dark Food Fight, but whirlwind showed up?

Did notice that, strange.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#540 Posted: 16:56:08 17/08/2014
Life Element Whirlwind.... Seems Legit.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#541 Posted: 18:55:40 17/08/2014
NEW VIDEO: CEOs Talk Skylanders Trap Team - Tablet, Minis & New Trap Masters

---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#542 Posted: 19:08:29 17/08/2014
NEW VIDEO: CEOs Talk Skylanders Trap Team - Tablet, Minis & New Trap Masters

Not that much of new stuff.
---
#hu
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#543 Posted: 19:39:51 17/08/2014
Whoa that spinning move Gust does with his boomerang is awesome. Way to make a boomerang ranged and close up Gusto buddy!
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:40:09 17/08/2014 by GhostRoaster617
#544 Posted: 20:03:15 17/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster617
Whoa that spinning move Gust does with his boomerang is awesome. Way to make a boomerang ranged and close up Gusto buddy!

I know, I love that attack!
---
#hu
#545 Posted: 02:04:23 18/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Yeah Gusto's move is the only thing new, other than VV and TfB presenting together.
---
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#546 Posted: 02:12:03 18/08/2014
Anyone know if Swappers will be able to swap in TT
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#547 Posted: 02:36:25 18/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Snap Shot
Anyone know if Swappers will be able to swap in TT

yes, confirmed via gameplay (although Fire Kraken).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:37:03 18/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
#548 Posted: 06:57:27 18/08/2014
Havent seen these images posted on here yet. Apologizes if I missed it.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#549 Posted: 07:21:27 18/08/2014
sage ich dosen't sound very pleasant x.x
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#550 Posted: 07:27:11 18/08/2014
Looks like the same demo my son played through at Lollibop (but in English). We also spotted Whirlwind in the game when it was supposed to be another character. Obviously a bug due to the early nature of the game. Graphically there were some issues too as Kaos face didn't look fully rendered yet in some shots.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
First | Previous | Page 11 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me