Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
legit problem send help [CLOSED]
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8109
#1 Posted: 23:19:57 17/08/2014 | Topic Creator
ok this might not be the best place to post this but idc i need help
for the longest time now my computer has been like shutting off and resetting randomly when playing games. i really have no idea why it does this. it's a really big problem and it's pretty concerning. i've had this computer for almost 2 years and it's not ****ty at all (gaming pc) so idk what the deal is

it could be that it's overheating but i don't think that's it. i monitored the temperature of everything while playing certain games and all the temperatures seem normal (though the graphics card gets pretty high sometimes but i'm gonna get a new one soon)

can anyone help me with my problem?
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#2 Posted: 23:59:58 17/08/2014
Hm.. Sounds like an overheating problem, but if you said it couldn't be that, I'm not sure what to say. My laptop was 2 years old and started having this problem, and not long after that, it wouldn't turn on at all... It was completely fried. I had to get a new one. But my problem was a motherboard problem.
Wish I could help more...
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
#3 Posted: 00:01:27 18/08/2014 | Topic Creator
oh god that is scary as ****
my computer getting fried? OH GOD
---
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2051
#4 Posted: 02:42:35 18/08/2014
Maybe it's an issue with the power supply?
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#5 Posted: 03:22:30 18/08/2014
Send me a message
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#6 Posted: 03:56:01 18/08/2014
Dont through the computer donate it to Africa so kids can eat it.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2051
#7 Posted: 03:58:15 18/08/2014
Can you explain the exact behavior the computer displays before and during each shut down as accurately as possible?
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
dinorang67 Gold Sparx Gems: 2409
#8 Posted: 05:31:12 18/08/2014
I really don't know, but everyone here seems like a technical genius.
My laptop kept freezing every 20 seconds a few hours ago, but it turned out I had to free up some disk space. It's running smoothly now, but that probably isn't your problem.

I recommend, if no-one on here can help, calling-
wait, what type of computer is it?
Well, calling the manufacturing company and asking for technical help. That's what's fixed Shaw a lot for my dad.
---
and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out a
#9 Posted: 09:02:51 18/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wolfgang
Maybe it's an issue with the power supply?

i was starting to think that too because i noticed it sometimes shuts off when i turn on the air conditioner which is on the same circuit as the computer

Quote: Wolfgang
Can you explain the exact behavior the computer displays before and during each shut down as accurately as possible?

the screen goes black for a couple of seconds and the computer just resets itself. showing a screen of the motherboard, screen of it loading all of the drivers, and then a screen that says windows did not shut down properly. (maybe not in that exact order i actually can't remember right now since it's like 5 am)

Quote: dinorang67
I really don't know, but everyone here seems like a technical genius.
My laptop kept freezing every 20 seconds a few hours ago, but it turned out I had to free up some disk space. It's running smoothly now, but that probably isn't your problem.

I recommend, if no-one on here can help, calling-
wait, what type of computer is it?
Well, calling the manufacturing company and asking for technical help. That's what's fixed Shaw a lot for my dad.

windows 7 home premium, 64 bit and the manufacturer is ibuypower
space isn't the issue because this is on a 2 tb hard drive so if i can't really fix it myself (or with my mom's help) i'll call them

Quote: Pixilism
friend of mine had the same problem, tho she had her graphics card switched out and it worked again

idk what the problem could be but its possible that the graphics card or maybe the motherboard could be going out

tho i'm actually a beginner with computers so i could be totally wrong here

i honestly really hope it's the graphics card because my mom decided to go out and buy me the worst graphics card possible, claiming it was "better" than the amd radeon hd 7770 lmao (i have the nvidia gt 630)
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:08:04 18/08/2014 by Thunderdragon14
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#10 Posted: 01:03:04 19/08/2014
Power supply seems most likely, awhile back I had this problem but over time it stopped, make sure you've got lots of free memory.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#11 Posted: 01:04:54 19/08/2014 | Topic Creator
what can i do about the power supply? i don't really know too much about computers OOPS
---
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#12 Posted: 01:57:31 19/08/2014
I have a problem a lot like this.

It doesn't happen often and only happens once in a blue moon.

Plus I only get a black screen for a second then it just goes to the regular start-up screen.

Believe this may be a problem with the power supply.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me