darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Gamescom 2014 - Skylanders Trap Team
First | Previous | Page 7 of 15 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15
Gamescom 2014 - Skylanders Trap Team
CadenYurk Red Sparx Gems: 38
#301 Posted: 17:18:41 13/08/2014
I love the mini's concept and think that they look great. Very happy to see that they are fully upgradable and playable in the game. As for them coming in two packs, that sucks. Hopefully we'll see single packs of the minis at a little more than half the price of a Two Pack. That's fair.
---
Toys 2 Life 4 Life! Skylanders pushes the boundaries. Any Questions?

Check out our YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/CadenYurk
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#302 Posted: 17:20:52 13/08/2014
Let me ask this: how long before we see variant minis? Wicked Thumpling anyone? Of course, I would like to see a two pack with a pair of minis that are the same variants as their bigger counterparts, like a Gnarly Barkley for example.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#303 Posted: 17:23:01 13/08/2014
Looks like we have a new villain; the Golden Queen, which is obviously that one female character that was leaked in the achievements. It looks like she'll be one of the main Doom Raiders, possibly the leader.

This one:
[User Posted Image]
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:46:38 13/08/2014 by Matteomax
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#304 Posted: 17:24:09 13/08/2014
Quote: Eggers
Let me ask this: how long before we see variant minis? Wicked Thumpling anyone? Of course, I would like to see a two pack with a pair of minis that are the same variants as their bigger counterparts, like a Gnarly Barkley for example.

Or a Lost Islands variant. Admiral Thumpling!
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
CadenYurk Red Sparx Gems: 38
#305 Posted: 17:27:31 13/08/2014
Mini variants would be great, I'm all for a gnarly barkley!
---
Toys 2 Life 4 Life! Skylanders pushes the boundaries. Any Questions?

Check out our YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/CadenYurk
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#306 Posted: 17:31:45 13/08/2014
So the FGTV video confirms the Villain quest stuff for upgrades and increasing the timer. So the question once again looms....Are they going to be able to be used in future games? I don't see the point of going back into the previous levels to replay them again just to upgrade a character that you can't use in the future.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#307 Posted: 17:41:39 13/08/2014
Quote: Zylek
So the FGTV video confirms the Villain quest stuff for upgrades and increasing the timer. So the question once again looms....Are they going to be able to be used in future games? I don't see the point of going back into the previous levels to replay them again just to upgrade a character that you can't use in the future.

I was thinking about this, actually.

I've been thinking that Activision should release an HD compilation of Spyro's Adventure and Giants, with the addition of being able to play as characters from future games. The graphics engine would be based around the ones used in Swap Force and Trap Team, and the characters would just be there to be playable, incase people want to relive the story of the first two games, but being allowed to use more than the characters of those two games.

It's a way for the brand to make more money, while at the same time modernizing the first two games. Sell it as a standalone product.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#308 Posted: 17:45:07 13/08/2014
Quote: wideawakewesley

Playthrough with new Minis & Trap Masters

Awesome. Thanks. smilie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#309 Posted: 17:46:37 13/08/2014
Quote: dark52
Some Super Villain backstories:

Quote: Kaos
Needs no introduction.

Before becoming the archenemy of the Skylanders, Kaos always demonstrated an insatiable hunger for absolute power. Even as an infant, Kaos seized control of his nursery with his “evil baby army of evil drool” which threatened to crawl across the face of all Skylands. Fortunately, this uprising was crushed at naptime. Kaos was then sent to the finest evil school of magical villainy, as were many in his long and twisted family history. It was here that Kaos met Glumshanks, who was persuaded by Kaos to become his evil servant with the promise of career growth. But soon after, they were expelled when Kaos appeared as a giant floating head at a school assembly and ate the gymnasium. With the long suffering and still unpromoted Glumshanks at his side, Kaos continues to come up with plan after plan to take over Skylands; some say to fulfill his ambition to become Skylands’ “ultimate evil overlord,” though others think that he’s still trying to impress his immensely powerful and overbearing mother – herself a Dark Portal Master. All agree, however, that Kaos should never be underestimated.

Quote: The Gulper
His gulp is worse than his bite.

From the moment he oozed from the ceiling of the Gelatinous Caverns, the Gulper had possessed an enormous appetite and insatiable thirst for anything and everything he could stuff in his mouth. At a young age, he won first place in the annual Deep-Fried Triple-Cheeseburger eating contest – and has proudly worn the Crown of Gluttony ever since. But it was his particular affinity for soda, which causes him to grow to colossal proportions and go on rampages, that first caught the eye of the Golden Queen. She was looking for special types of people – or creatures – to join her Doom Raider gang that was bent on unleashing total mayhem. It was also her desire to recruit someone who was incredibly dim-witted, so that if they were ever captured, the Skylanders would not be able to extract any useful information. The Gulper fit these requirements to a tee!

Quote: Chompy Mage
The champ of the chomp!

Believe it or not, the Chompy Mage actually hatched from inside a Chompy Pod. At least that is how his Chompy hand puppet tells the story. Having been raised by Chompies, it is no surprise that the old magician is a little strange. He simply grew up embracing the Chompy way – believing that Skylands would be a better place if everyone was a Chompy – an illegal enchantment which he has actually tried to perform on several occasions. It was this kind of magic that led to him to be locked up inside Cloudcracker Prison, where he met the other Doom Raiders. Of course, they all thought he was completely crazy, but the Chompy Mage can see through the eyes of any Chompy in Skylands – and having a few billion little spies can come in handy when trying to enact revenge on the Skylanders. Plus, he could secure the Chompy vote for any sort of political elections that followed.

Quote: Wolfgang
His music is edgy – sharp steel edgy.

Wolfgang wasn’t always a werewolf. He was once a handsome, brilliant musician set to marry a beautiful princess. Before the wedding, he planned to unveil his ultimate symphony to the greatest music aficionados in Skylands, convinced they would love it and instantly hail him as the best composer of all time. But they didn’t. They hated it – and even worse, it actually physically hurt when heard. Turns out Wolfgang had unintentionally discovered the musical note for pain. Being shunned like this drove Wolfgang utterly and completely mad, physically transforming him into the werewolf he is today. With the princess no longer wanting to marry him, he turned to a life of crime, terrorizing the royal subjects and using his evil music as a weapon. The Golden Queen took note of this and realized that Wolfgang could make a powerful ally, if she could control his rage and keep him in line. And that’s a pretty big “if!”

The Golden Queen seems to be the real main antagonist for Trap Team. Also, Wolfgang's back story is pretty tragic and kind of dark.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:53:43 13/08/2014 by HeyitsHotDog
#310 Posted: 17:49:51 13/08/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Quote: Chompy Mage
The champ of the chomp!

Believe it or not, the Chompy Mage actually hatched from inside a Chompy Pod. At least that is how his Chompy hand puppet tells the story. Having been raised by Chompies, it is no surprise that the old magician is a little strange. He simply grew up embracing the Chompy way – believing that Skylands would be a better place if everyone was a Chompy – an illegal enchantment which he has actually tried to perform on several occasions. It was this kind of magic that led to him to be locked up inside Buttcracker Prison, where he met the other Doom Raiders. Of course, they all thought he was completely crazy, but the Chompy Mage can see through the eyes of any Chompy in Skylands – and having a few billion little spies can come in handy when trying to enact revenge on the Skylanders. Plus, he could secure the Chompy vote for any sort of political elections that followed.

That is an interesting typo there...
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#311 Posted: 17:52:17 13/08/2014
Quote: dark52

His music is edgy – sharp steel edgy.

Wolfgang wasn’t always a werewolf. He was once a handsome, brilliant musician set to marry a beautiful princess. Before the wedding, he planned to unveil his ultimate symphony to the greatest music aficionados in Skylands, convinced they would love it and instantly hail him as the best composer of all time. But they didn’t. They hated it – and even worse, it actually physically hurt when heard. Turns out Wolfgang had unintentionally discovered the musical note for pain. Being shunned like this drove Wolfgang utterly and completely mad, physically transforming him into the werewolf he is today. With the princess no longer wanting to marry him, he turned to a life of crime, terrorizing the royal subjects and using his evil music as a weapon. The Golden Queen took note of this and realized that Wolfgang could make a powerful ally, if she could control his rage and keep him in line. And that’s a pretty big “if!”

.....that's pretty dark.
#312 Posted: 17:52:42 13/08/2014
Oh wow! My Google Chrome has an app that changes all uses of the word cloud to "butt". Not sure if I can fix it. Ill try.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#313 Posted: 17:55:28 13/08/2014
Oh wow! My Google Chrome has an app that changes all uses of the word cloud to "butt". Not sure if I can fix it. Ill try.

... not to pry, but why? Quigley does like to tease Lightning Rod about his cloudy butt in SSA.
---
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2051
#314 Posted: 17:55:42 13/08/2014
I just wanted people to love my music. ;w;
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
#315 Posted: 17:56:39 13/08/2014
Quote: jbkaok
Oh wow! My Google Chrome has an app that changes all uses of the word butt to "butt". Not sure if I can fix it. Ill try.

... not to pry, but why? Quigley does like to tease Lightning Rod about his butty butt in SSA.

Because it funny. I don't know.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#316 Posted: 17:59:52 13/08/2014

do you want a hug?
#317 Posted: 18:01:50 13/08/2014
Quote: ZapNorris

do you want a hug?

...yes. ;w;
---
#318 Posted: 18:07:50 13/08/2014
Quote: jbkaok

... not to pry, but why? Quigley does like to tease Lightning Rod about his cloudy butt in SSA.

http://www.nintendolife.com/ne...kable_butt_mode
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#319 Posted: 18:15:29 13/08/2014
http://youtu.be/WObmROV1SiY New skydad vid
---
"Taking Charge"
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#320 Posted: 18:17:41 13/08/2014
Maybe this Golden Queen takes over the Doom Raiders and that's why Kaos needs the skylanders help? Calling it!
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#321 Posted: 18:34:47 13/08/2014
Hey, quick question here to anyone that's managed to get their hands on the actual physical toys of the Trap Masters, either at Gamescom, E3, or somewhere else.

How big are the actual figures? Just give me your best estimate. I mean, I can tell they're bigger than core figures. Are they about the same size as the giants or the swappers?
And when I say a giant, be sure to specify if we're talking like Tree Rex tall, or Ninjini tall. lol.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#322 Posted: 18:51:26 13/08/2014
Quote: NINJAsk11
Quote: Qcumber
Can the sidekicks do anything that normal Skylanders can't?

Not entirely sure. I've seen Eye-Small do things Eye-Brawl can't, but I've also seen familliar attacks.

Like what? the only things he did was punching summoning eyes and flying around and shooting his eye, nothing new at all
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#323 Posted: 18:53:10 13/08/2014
Quote: nocturnalnathan
Hey, quick question here to anyone that's managed to get their hands on the actual physical toys of the Trap Masters, either at Gamescom, E3, or somewhere else.

How big are the actual figures? Just give me your best estimate. I mean, I can tell they're bigger than core figures. Are they about the same size as the giants or the swappers?
And when I say a giant, be sure to specify if we're talking like Tree Rex tall, or Ninjini tall. lol.

Here's the best pic I could find for it.
EDIT: You're right, definitely shopped.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:13:52 13/08/2014 by Wolfgang
#324 Posted: 18:55:55 13/08/2014
Snap Shot and Food Fight are photoshopped in. I don't know why FamilyGamerTV does that. NO ONE BELIEVES IT.
---
#325 Posted: 18:57:22 13/08/2014
^ It seems like an accurate one (got me for a little while), but I'm 90% sure that's a Photoshopped picture, because those are Snap Shot/Food Fight's stock poses. Also, I remember watching the vid that's from, and he never those figures turned around.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:58:51 13/08/2014 by Arc of Archives
#326 Posted: 19:01:15 13/08/2014
Yeah, that's a photoshopped picture. Even if it is close to actual size, I was hoping for the real thing. I do appreciate the attempt though, thanks. smilie
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#327 Posted: 19:10:47 13/08/2014
I dunno if I'll be allowed to, but I'm going to ask if I can get size comparison between Trap Masters and Giants when I go to Toys for Bob.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#328 Posted: 19:16:44 13/08/2014
Okay, from the FGTV video with the Minis, Bushwhack, and Head Rush, completing a villain quest gives you a "new, full-blown appearance" to the villain and expands their timer.
Sounds like it'll add content to the Outfit menu,
---
#329 Posted: 19:25:30 13/08/2014
Quote: Matteomax
I dunno if I'll be allowed to, but I'm going to ask if I can get size comparison between Trap Masters and Giants when I go to Toys for Bob.

Awesome, thanks Matteomax! I was just wondering about their approximate size since I'm already planning my display for them now. lol.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#330 Posted: 19:51:59 13/08/2014
Lou is a little off on how unique Head Rush is. Spyro has a charge attack, and the "throwing enemies" is similar to Fright Rider's spear attack.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#331 Posted: 19:54:43 13/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Lou is a little off on how unique Head Rush is. Spyro has a charge attack, and the "throwing enemies" is similar to Fright Rider's spear attack.

yeah i notice that too. i guess they have made so many skylanders now that they cant remember.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#332 Posted: 20:10:10 13/08/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone

yeah i notice that too. i guess they have made so many skylanders now that they cant remember.

True, and as the tech person I'd want to leverage animations across characters, so I get it. It speaks to the quality over quantity aspect that they haven't gotten yet. Maybe the sales numbers will help push that point home.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#333 Posted: 20:14:09 13/08/2014
I will be able to do a direct comparison with a Trap Master and a Giant this weekend at Lollibop Festival. I'll do side by side images of everything from Sidekicks up to Giants as I'll have one of each on hand. Will post to my twitter during the day and get them in a video next week hopefully.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
#334 Posted: 20:20:04 13/08/2014
I will be able to do a direct comparison with a Trap Master and a Giant this weekend at Lollibop Festival. I'll do side by side images of everything from Sidekicks up to Giants as I'll have one of each on hand. Will post to my twitter during the day and get them in a video next week hopefully.

Cool, looking forward to it! And thanks for all of the great info so far!
---
#335 Posted: 20:32:28 13/08/2014

Hey, Wes. Did you get that video up of the mockup floor display, showing off some of the packaging for Swap Force? Kind of interested in seeing what some of the packaging looks like? Thanks if you can or have posted it.

Outside of seeing the packaging, I was hoping some of the info coming from Gamescon, would have the contents of Wave 1. Need to know what to prepare to buy day 1, lol.
---
#336 Posted: 20:49:44 13/08/2014
Quote: GameMaster78

Hey, Wes. Did you get that video up of the mockup floor display, showing off some of the packaging for Swap Force? Kind of interested in seeing what some of the packaging looks like? Thanks if you can or have posted it.

Outside of seeing the packaging, I was hoping some of the info coming from Gamescon, would have the contents of Wave 1. Need to know what to prepare to buy day 1, lol.

At least you don't have to get 17 of each Trap Master this time. smilie
---
#337 Posted: 20:57:02 13/08/2014
Right, but he may want to be the first to get one boxed trap for every design and every element. Weeeee!
---
#338 Posted: 20:59:06 13/08/2014
At least that will (hopefully) be a less expensive endeavor. $6 a pop isn't as damaging as $15 a pop.
---
#339 Posted: 21:00:50 13/08/2014
It's going to be very inexpensive to me if I ignore traps and reposes (including minis) and focus on the 24 new guys.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#340 Posted: 21:04:25 13/08/2014
It's going to be very inexpensive to me if I ignore traps and reposes (including minis) and focus on the 24 new guys.

34 New Guys*
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#341 Posted: 21:12:10 13/08/2014

At least you don't have to get 17 of each Trap Master this time. smilie

I know, right? It'll help a little, but I'm still gonna be out some serious money, lol.
---
#342 Posted: 21:15:06 13/08/2014

I know, right? It'll help a little, but I'm still gonna be out some serious money, lol.

Definitely. Well, I commend you for your efforts in the past, and I certainly look forward to your Trap Team collection quest.
---
TTD Hunter Gems: 6366
#343 Posted: 21:24:53 13/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Video
#344 Posted: 21:27:44 13/08/2014
Is that your video TTD?
---
#345 Posted: 21:31:00 13/08/2014
I'm pretty sure that's the Irate Gamer.
---
#346 Posted: 21:32:42 13/08/2014
I'm pretty sure that's the Irate Gamer.

Yeah, I just didn't know if TTD was Irate Gamer smilie
---
#347 Posted: 21:35:47 13/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Is that your video TTD?

Nope smilie my channel is thetitaniumdrago

Here is a new trap holder box
[User Posted Image]
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#348 Posted: 21:42:33 13/08/2014
Sorry, cannot see the video, right now.
Does it show all the new Skylanders in a better definition?

Also, TTD, what is that new trap holder box? It look really cool! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#349 Posted: 21:50:40 13/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drek95
Sorry, cannot see the video, right now.
Does it show all the new Skylanders in a better definition?

Also, TTD, what is that new trap holder box? It look really cool! smilie

It's just an analysis of the poster and here is a link to the website with the trap holder box: http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/e...s-trap-storage/
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10294
#350 Posted: 21:58:58 13/08/2014
Kaos' walking plot hole mom is still canon as a PM? Darn, TFB has guts to reference Pan's Labirynth but none to push VV's mess of a story out of the way. At least Wolfgang's backstory is pretty awesome without having to give you much reason to fear/be sorry for him, and that trap holder is just too hilarious.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
First | Previous | Page 7 of 15 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me