Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All Purpose Super Smash Bros. U / 3DS topic!
First | Previous | Page 50 of 50
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
All Purpose Super Smash Bros. U / 3DS topic! [CLOSED]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8444
#2451 Posted: 13:29:44 03/08/2014
This is a comment on Reddit about a users thoughts Rayman is Sm4sh.

Even though I just posted this in the other thread, I wanted it to be seen here.
If you had asked me a month ago if I thought he stood a chance I'd have said no, even though I've been dreaming of his inclusion for a long time. But there's too much funkiness surrounding him to not draw suspicion.

Firstly, you have his trophy being shown two different ways. Yes, it may have been remodeled, however I think Sakurai is too respectful to just go about messing with third party character design, especially when the company sent him a complete model (and what's more, I don't think Ubisoft would include the stand in the model they sent either, implying that someone from Nintendo sent Ubisoft what they posted, why would it change?)

Then there's the rep accidentally dropping Raymans name in that video. There's no doubt that it could easily have been a slip of the tongue, but Megaman is a pretty big deal, I find it hard someone would just semi-randomly mix up the two characters' names. Especially when the man is in charge of the Communications, Marketing and Partnerships at Nintendo of Canada. This guy may not be at the top of the list, but there's no denying that he could very well be in the loop for that sort of knowledge. (which also means he'd need to have zero part in development to know)

Another valid point is the partnership between Ubisoft and Nintendo. Yes, they delayed Rayman to go multi-plat, and there could be some salt from that. But the roster was finalized way ahead of that, and Ubisoft had done plenty for Nintendo already, not including the unannounced game they're sitting on until there are more Wii U's sold. (and what would Ubisoft sell better than Rayman on a Nintendo console, especially after he's been playable in Sm4sh?)

Kotaku Article discussing the unreleased games

>"We have another couple of products that we are waiting to launch, specifically we have one game that we wait for the machine to be more mass market to launch."

Also, whilst doing a little bit of researching, I found this interview, which has a pretty interesting quote straight from the maker of Rayman:
>GZ: This is probably the most important question I have to ask: Can Rayman kick Mario's ass?

>MA: Uh, maybe we'll have the answer very soon. (laughs)

And my last bit of reasoning comes down to good, old fashioned uniqueness. I don't think there's anyone else out there who could bring to the table what Rayman could. This limbless warrior has a full arsenal just itching to go up against Nintendo's finest. (and if there is one solid thing we can label about Sakurai, it's that uniqueness is very important)

I dismiss the "Sakurai showed him as a trophy so it's impossible" argument. It's not enough to base a deconfirmatiom on. (and how many characters have seen two different trophies so far?) Some characters need to remain a secret, and a third party would be the perfect tease. This isn't a Nintendo character, I hate how people can automatically assume the same rules apply.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:30:20 03/08/2014 by HeyitsHotDog
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#2452 Posted: 13:30:53 03/08/2014
It's worth noting that, apparently, Nintendo of Japan publishes some Rayman games. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#2453 Posted: 13:44:47 03/08/2014
It's also worth noting that Mega Man was ON SCREEN when he said this. I'm pretty sure if he made a mistake, he would notice there and then.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Grimslinger91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#2454 Posted: 13:46:28 03/08/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
This is a comment on Reddit about a users thoughts Rayman is Sm4sh.

Even though I just posted this in the other thread, I wanted it to be seen here.
If you had asked me a month ago if I thought he stood a chance I'd have said no, even though I've been dreaming of his inclusion for a long time. But there's too much funkiness surrounding him to not draw suspicion.

Firstly, you have his trophy being shown two different ways. Yes, it may have been remodeled, however I think Sakurai is too respectful to just go about messing with third party character design, especially when the company sent him a complete model (and what's more, I don't think Ubisoft would include the stand in the model they sent either, implying that someone from Nintendo sent Ubisoft what they posted, why would it change?)

Then there's the rep accidentally dropping Raymans name in that video. There's no doubt that it could easily have been a slip of the tongue, but Megaman is a pretty big deal, I find it hard someone would just semi-randomly mix up the two characters' names. Especially when the man is in charge of the Communications, Marketing and Partnerships at Nintendo of Canada. This guy may not be at the top of the list, but there's no denying that he could very well be in the loop for that sort of knowledge. (which also means he'd need to have zero part in development to know)

Another valid point is the partnership between Ubisoft and Nintendo. Yes, they delayed Rayman to go multi-plat, and there could be some salt from that. But the roster was finalized way ahead of that, and Ubisoft had done plenty for Nintendo already, not including the unannounced game they're sitting on until there are more Wii U's sold. (and what would Ubisoft sell better than Rayman on a Nintendo console, especially after he's been playable in Sm4sh?)

Kotaku Article discussing the unreleased games

>"We have another couple of products that we are waiting to launch, specifically we have one game that we wait for the machine to be more mass market to launch."

Also, whilst doing a little bit of researching, I found this interview, which has a pretty interesting quote straight from the maker of Rayman:
>GZ: This is probably the most important question I have to ask: Can Rayman kick Mario's ass?

>MA: Uh, maybe we'll have the answer very soon. (laughs)

And my last bit of reasoning comes down to good, old fashioned uniqueness. I don't think there's anyone else out there who could bring to the table what Rayman could. This limbless warrior has a full arsenal just itching to go up against Nintendo's finest. (and if there is one solid thing we can label about Sakurai, it's that uniqueness is very important)

I dismiss the "Sakurai showed him as a trophy so it's impossible" argument. It's not enough to base a deconfirmatiom on. (and how many characters have seen two different trophies so far?) Some characters need to remain a secret, and a third party would be the perfect tease. This isn't a Nintendo character, I hate how people can automatically assume the same rules apply.

I agree with this.
EyeBrawler2014 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3429
#2455 Posted: 17:08:44 03/08/2014
He honestly could be in it, that interview quote was funny, and remember how in Melee characters had 3 different trophy models, they could have easily brought that system back for this game. Don't count him out, but also don't say he's a definite
---
Find me on Discord, I'm eyebrawler98#6720
SilverWolf1129 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1891
#2456 Posted: 17:44:02 03/08/2014
Quote: hardcoreignitor
^ confirmed pokeball pokemon

Yes I know. This was explained to me earlier. Don't have to shove it in my face like a cheese cake. And then spin it on my face.
---
It begins with them. But ends, with me. Their son. Vaxus.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#2457 Posted: 18:25:42 03/08/2014
Quote: EyeBrawler2014
He honestly could be in it, that interview quote was funny, and remember how in Melee characters had 3 different trophy models, they could have easily brought that system back for this game. Don't count him out, but also don't say he's a definite

This, I'm fine with him getting in, but evidence could go either way. Don't get your hopes up.

Edit: It's Sakurai's Birthday today!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:44:49 03/08/2014 by LunarDistortion
#2458 Posted: 20:38:35 03/08/2014
And Nintedo of Canada confirms Rayman is only a trophy. http://mynintendonews.com/2014...ar-as-a-trophy/

Also, ANOTHER comment of the Reddit forum on this article.

This doesn't say anything about them confirming he's only a Trophy. It just says they made reference that he has a trophy in the game. I hate to break the news, but Nintendo Canada doesn't know what the final roster will be. Not even all the people in the treehouse know, and they're probably the ones working most closely on the game outside of the dev team.
I don't think he's playable just because he has been shown as a trophy, but lets not go around saying he has been confirmed not playable by Nintendo Canada, because that's not what has just happened.
There is a microscopic chance that he will be playable.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2459 Posted: 21:05:15 03/08/2014
Happy Birthday Mr. Sakurai!

Don't get your hopes up guys, we will only know when they want us to know, so just wait and see guys
---
#2460 Posted: 07:09:38 04/08/2014
Another new Assist Trophy.

[User Posted Image]

Pic of the day. In this Smash Bros. installment, this little guy is also making an appearance! I…don't know his name, but he's the Prince of the Sablé Kingdom. He's from the Game Boy game Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (translated as The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls), which was only released in Japan.

[User Posted Image]

Here's the trophy of the Sablé Prince. He transforms into a snake or a frog, and unloads multiple attacks on any opponent he catches. Keep attacking your foes when they're trapped in his dust cloud.

Apparently this guy is a nameless protagonist. We can see his transformations in the second picture, and the stage in the first picture appears to be a room in the Tomadachi Life stage.
#2461 Posted: 12:45:34 04/08/2014
Quote: LunarDistortion

[User Posted Image]

Pic of the day. In this Smash Bros. installment, this little guy is also making an appearance! I…don't know his name, but he's the Prince of the Sablé Kingdom. He's from the Game Boy game Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (translated as The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls), which was only released in Japan.

[User Posted Image]

Here's the trophy of the Sablé Prince. He transforms into a snake or a frog, and unloads multiple attacks on any opponent he catches. Keep attacking your foes when they're trapped in his dust cloud.

Apparently this guy is a nameless protagonist. We can see his transformations in the second picture, and the stage in the first picture appears to be a room in the Tomadachi Life stage.

I remember learning about The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls. He looks like an assist trophy.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:50:14 04/08/2014 by Grimslinger91
#2462 Posted: 15:06:20 04/08/2014
Um Grimslinger, he is an assist trophy, I like the frog form, it's adorable!
---
#2463 Posted: 16:33:58 04/08/2014
The Gematsu leak might be true. Chrom was originally going to be in but Robin replaced him because Chrom was just another normal swordsman and Robin was unique.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#2464 Posted: 21:08:06 04/08/2014
Quote: Grimslinger91
The Gematsu leak might be true. Chrom was originally going to be in but Robin replaced him because Chrom was just another normal swordsman and Robin was unique.

No.

I'm sorry but no.

Stop grasping onto this straw.

It missed Rosalina, Robin, and Lucina. It also incorrectly said Chrom. And they incorrectly predicted the reveal timing of many characters. And not a single piece of photographic evidence has come out to prove any information came from the "inside".

That leak is dead.

Let it go.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2465 Posted: 23:02:44 04/08/2014
NEVER believe non-company leaks. You just set yourself for disappointment when you hear that it was fake.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#2466 Posted: 23:07:02 04/08/2014
lets spam the page till closing
---
words. letters. filler.
#2467 Posted: 23:08:32 04/08/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
lets spam the page till closing

Or we can have actual discussions.
#2468 Posted: 23:18:56 04/08/2014
Quote: sonicbrawler182

No.

I'm sorry but no.

It missed Rosalina, Robin, and Lucina. It also incorrectly said Chrom. And they incorrectly predicted the reveal timing of many characters. And not a single piece of photographic evidence has come out to prove any information came from the "inside".

That leak is dead.

Let it go.

It's just because because of Wii Fit trainer but then again Wii fit U was gonna be released soon and same thing with villager.
#2469 Posted: 23:24:54 04/08/2014
Quote: sonicbrawler182

No.

I'm sorry but no.

That leak is dead.

Let it go.

It's just because because of Wii Fit trainer but then again Wii fit U was gonna be released soon and same thing with villager.

I can see how Wii Fit Trainer is a strange pick, but the rest are really obvious. Little Mac, Villager, Pac-Man, Mii's, and Mega Man were all really safe choices and already had large fanbases wanting for them to get in. I think that without Wii Fit Trainer the Gematsu leak would have just been swept under the rug as another fake seeing as it has gotten tons of things wrong.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3593
#2470 Posted: 02:03:22 05/08/2014
so when are we gonna fight for the last post
---
My life is complete.
#2471 Posted: 02:28:30 05/08/2014
starting now lmao
---
words. letters. filler.
#2472 Posted: 03:08:12 05/08/2014
Or we can let it go out respectfully, I would prefer to have the last comment to direct people to V2.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#2473 Posted: 04:06:46 05/08/2014

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

How do we know it's an assist trophy? It could be just a regular trophy+ a playable character
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8733
#2474 Posted: 04:15:43 05/08/2014
This topic has to many bull****.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6132
#2475 Posted: 04:17:37 05/08/2014
Quote: Windumup

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

How do we know it's an assist trophy? It could be just a regular trophy+ a playable character

The description of his attack seems to imply more of an assist role as opposed to being fully playable. Plus the lack of an intro video for a newcomer.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#2476 Posted: 06:06:09 05/08/2014
Quote: Seiki

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

The description of his attack seems to imply more of an assist role as opposed to being fully playable. Plus the lack of an intro video for a newcomer.

True, that does make him sound like an Assist trophy
---
#2477 Posted: 07:16:38 05/08/2014
Another new item from Kid Icarus: Uprising...

[User Posted Image]

Pic of the day. Look at these three radiant pieces... Yup, you guessed it! It's another combinable item like the Dragoon-the Daybreak.

[User Posted Image]

This is what it looks like when all three parts are combined together. How powerful will its beam blast be? FYI, you can fire shooting items while moving backward and forward. Change direction by flicking the Control Stick or Circle Pad toward the back of the fighter.

It looks like this will be a weapon like the Cracker Launcher from Brawl, except single-shot. In game this weapon shot a very powerful beam, so this weapon will most likely dominate players.

Isn't it strange how the only two combinable items are from Sakurai's franchises?
#2478 Posted: 18:49:45 05/08/2014
Someone explain. Why is console version $60 and 3DS is $40? ;-; Something big in console version
---
#2479 Posted: 19:05:22 05/08/2014
Quote: SilverWolf1129
Someone explain. Why is console version $60 and 3DS is $40? ;-; Something big in console version

I think because generally Wii U is on a larger scale than the 3DS. Both are going to have tons of stuff, but the Wii U version will be larger just due to the lack of hardware limitations the 3DS has.
#2480 Posted: 21:59:35 05/08/2014

I think because generally Wii U is on a larger scale than the 3DS. Both are going to have tons of stuff, but the Wii U version will be larger just due to the lack of hardware limitations the 3DS has.

*sigh* Looks like I'm missing out on something. Wii U is coming in 2015 for me.
---
#2481 Posted: 22:28:26 05/08/2014

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

He's not playable. If he was,he would be on the website and Sakurai would have said it.
#2482 Posted: 22:43:23 05/08/2014

*sigh* Looks like I'm missing out on something. Wii U is coming in 2015 for me.

Like I said though, both are going to be jam-packed. It's just that the Wii U has more data to work with.
#2483 Posted: 00:31:02 06/08/2014

3DS games are normally $40. First Party Wii U games are always $60.
---
words. letters. filler.
#2484 Posted: 00:58:00 06/08/2014
What stages would you love to see return as retro?

I for one would love for Brinstar Depths to appear on the 3DS version, that level is just really fun to play on.
#2485 Posted: 01:13:31 06/08/2014
Fourside and Fountain of Dreams.
---
#2486 Posted: 06:25:21 06/08/2014
Hey Sakurai, can we get some Metroid news for the anniversar...?

[User Posted Image]

Pic of the day. Victini and Xerneas are both support Pokémon. Victini's Victory Star boosts the attack of whoever throws the Poké Ball, and also prevents flinching. Xerneas's Geomancy increases the launch power of all fighters, but exceptionally raises it for whoever had the Poké Ball.

okay
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#2487 Posted: 12:15:23 06/08/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Fourside and Fountain of Dreams.

So much YASSSSSS
---
henlo
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#2488 Posted: 12:59:29 06/08/2014
YAY! Xer and Geomancy!
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#2489 Posted: 13:34:22 06/08/2014
You think they would have revealed something Metroid-related if it's the anniversary, maybe if Ridley is playable, we'll find out today
---
#2490 Posted: 13:52:19 06/08/2014
Quote: EyeBrawler2014
You think they would have revealed something Metroid-related if it's the anniversary, maybe if Ridley is playable, we'll find out today

Doubt it, Sakurai would have said something about a character reveal.
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8733
#2491 Posted: 15:06:46 06/08/2014
No Ness still.
#2492 Posted: 15:28:10 06/08/2014
Hey Sakurai, can we get some Metroid news for the anniversar...?

[User Posted Image]

Pic of the day. Victini and Xerneas are both support Pokémon. Victini's Victory Star boosts the attack of whoever throws the Poké Ball, and also prevents flinching. Xerneas's Geomancy increases the launch power of all fighters, but exceptionally raises it for whoever had the Poké Ball.

okay

smilie that is so good, definitely worthy of a Master Ball slot
---
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#2493 Posted: 20:18:10 06/08/2014
Wonders upon wonders

Can I just make the new topic since we have like six posts left.......
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:21:05 06/08/2014 by Rand O M
#2494 Posted: 21:11:39 06/08/2014
six posts left?!

smilie must get last spot

-------------

________

_______

2 almost there
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:07:59 06/08/2014 by HIR
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#2495 Posted: 21:13:36 06/08/2014
What with Metroid's anniversary today you would think Sakurai would show something about Metroid... But noooo, overrated KIU items that are a clone of the Dragoon is what we get.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#2496 Posted: 21:14:18 06/08/2014
Final post?
---
First | Previous | Page 50 of 50
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me