Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
EDIT: Problem with PS+ [CLOSED]
Spyro-Fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5325
#1 Posted: 16:10:33 07/07/2014 | Topic Creator
EDIT: Bumping this old topic instead of making a new one. Ignore the post in the quote.

Ok, so I finally got my hands on PS4. I made a new account and this time I set my own country in PSN account information, and I also added a new user which is my old account that I registered to be in UK since my country wasn't available back then.

I got a PS+ month trial voucher code with my Destiny game and I used it on that new account. It works fine on it, however I read that PS+ can be shared with other accounts if I set that PS4 as my primary console, but it doesn't. My original UK account doesn't have PS+. I've tried deactivating and re-activating the console, logging out, shutting it down and all that stuff, but it doesn't work.

What am I missing? I read that region shouldn't be a problem and that some guys share PS+ with UK and USA accounts. I'm trying to share my Croatian account with the UK account. They're obviously both in Europe, but the currency is different. Or is it because I used the monthly trial?

Any help is appreciated. 8<

Quote:
So, um... I might be getting a PS4 soon, and now I found out that it's required to pay for PS+ to play online, I bumped into a problem.

At the time I made a PSN account, my country (Croatia) didn't have PS Store and all those stuff and basically I couldn't do much online-wise except for gaming, so I set that I'm from UK (I was going to move to UK eventually, so I thought it was a wise choice). One time I bought some Points in my country just to realize that it wouldn't accept it because of the currency or region. It didn't bother me because I easily made another account once Croatia got all the online features, and I easily bought DLC packs for games.

But from what I figured PS+ is account bond, not on the entire system like with DLC packs and similar.
Will I have to make a whole new account and say goodbye to all those hard-earned trophies, or will I be able to change my country or at least buy PS+ subscription with my credit card even though the currency is different?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:34:17 17/09/2014 by Spyro-Fan
Crystal Dragon Diamond Sparx Gems: 8850
#2 Posted: 06:56:16 08/07/2014
PS+ is account bound, and unfortunately there is no way you can change the country your account was made with.

I located the official Playstation page for you regarding this. It seems like things will get pretty hairy, as it isn't just the country locking your account. Your system is region locked too. :/
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#3 Posted: 13:59:39 08/07/2014
Just get an Xbox One. PS4 doesn't have any good games even announced yet. Xbox One has good games right now.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#4 Posted: 15:10:51 08/07/2014 | Topic Creator
From what I understood, if I bought a PS3/4 in Europe and remain in Europe, I won't have problems playing the games. I bought some games in England and they work just fine on my system.

Oh well, seems like I'll have to make a new account when I get a PS4. Though, can I make one right now, and then just use it on a PS4 when I get it? I know I can transfer the old accounts to the PS4, but not sure if there have been any issues.

Quote: Ryanator20x6
Just get an Xbox One. PS4 doesn't have any good games even announced yet. Xbox One has good games right now.

ahahahaa no
#5 Posted: 22:32:30 08/07/2014
Quote: Spyro-Fan

ahahahaa no

You're right. The Wii U is where it's all at.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#6 Posted: 23:41:01 08/07/2014 | Topic Creator

ahahahaa no

You're right. The Wii U is where it's all at.

Neither of those two consoles interest me. Mostly because they are not popular in my country at all and it's almost impossible to find those consoles, let alone any games. Xbox One costs like it is made out of gold and its exclusives are bleh.

Buying a Wii U would be a step back really. It doesn't compete with PS4 or Xbox One at all, and I also dislike its games. But I'm not going in there. I just wanted to know more about PS+. If you have nothing helpful to say to my questions, then please don't say anything at all. I'm not trying to be rude, but yeah.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:43:31 08/07/2014 by Spyro-Fan
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#7 Posted: 00:10:23 09/07/2014

**** off with your biased opinion.
---
words. letters. filler.
#8 Posted: 01:39:29 09/07/2014

You mean the one or two games that keep getting remade over and over again and a new little title slapped on the front and given an outrageous price tag to line some greedy company's pockets? Yeah, high quality work right there.

Oh well, seems like I'll have to make a new account when I get a PS4. Though, can I make one right now, and then just use it on a PS4 when I get it? I know I can transfer the old accounts to the PS4, but not sure if there have been any issues.

You could, I'm not aware of any reasons why not other than you'll have to make sure currency matches country and whatnot. Personally I'd wait till having the PS4 itself and then going from there, but it's up to you.
#9 Posted: 01:59:33 09/07/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

**** off with your biased opinion.

How am I biased? I'm actually quite a fan of Sony. I have a PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, Sony headphones, Sony Phone (Xperia Z1S), Sony TV, and a Sony Blu-Ray Player. I also intend on getting a PSVita. I would get a PS4, but the Xbox One just has a bunch of good games now and in the future. I'm quite a fan of the Dead Rising, Halo, and Crackdown games. Also I like Insomniac, and they're making an exclusive game for it. The PS4 just has a remake (The Last of us), and a sequel to a game I don't even like (inFamous Second Son). For now I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One, but I do have a Wii U. What I can say for it is that it's got a lot of good games, and a spectacular E3 presentation. There was even a poll taken by IGN (who always seemed to sway against Nintendo) that shows that half of their readers preferred their E3 presentation to Microsoft's and Sony's (which both sucked).
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:00:28 09/07/2014 by Ryanator20x6
#10 Posted: 07:59:15 09/07/2014
Ryanator, Spyro-Fan didn't say "Oh I don't know what next gen console I should go to next give me ideas", he said "I'm making the switch from PS3 to PS4 and I want to know about PS+".

S-F more or less said he didn't care for Xbox One or Wii U. If you really, really must express your earnest opinion on gaming to TacoMakerSkys, I'm sure S-F would appreciate it if you took it elsewhere. Frankly, what you're going on about has nothing to do with what he wants to know. :/
#11 Posted: 14:35:23 09/07/2014
Quote: Crystal Dragon
Ryanator, Spyro-Fan didn't say "Oh I don't know what next gen console I should go to next give me ideas", he said "I'm making the switch from PS3 to PS4 and I want to know about PS+".

Answer: It sucks. Don't waste your money
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#12 Posted: 19:27:10 09/07/2014

Its his opinion. Respect it dude. Maybe he doesn't like xbox
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#13 Posted: 19:31:02 09/07/2014

Better answer: **** off if you can't answer his question without a biased opinion.
---
words. letters. filler.
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#14 Posted: 20:18:03 09/07/2014
I don't think you'll be able to use your credit card to buy it but I think the PS Store accepts PayPal which should be ok as it converts your currency.
#15 Posted: 22:15:31 09/07/2014
Quote: Wreckingball13

Its his opinion. Respect it dude. Maybe he doesn't like xbox

I'm only trying to be helpful. He'll be happier if he gets an Xbox One.

Quote: TacoMakerSkys

Better answer: **** off if you can't answer his question without a biased opinion.

I still don't get how I'm supposedly biased.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#16 Posted: 01:13:35 10/07/2014 | Topic Creator
my god what happened in here

Honestly, yes I am a Sony fan and prefer Playstation over Xbox or Wii U. I own PS1, PS2 and PS3, Xperia phone as well, and Sony TV. But still...

Nintendo's got nice and fun games, but Nintendo is just simply not popular enough in my country (except 3DS) and it's extremely hard to find the games in my area. I was thinking about getting Wii U when it first came out, but as I said, no games.

Xbox One is expensive as all hell. 835 dollars, I am not getting a game with it, and I also have to pay for online gaming as well. While PS4 costs 535 dollars, is more popular here, and I only have to pay cca 60 dollars annually for PS+. I don't know about Xbox Live subscriptions, but nevertheless, I don't think the console is worth 835 dollars. Especially when I know I won't be able to find games anywhere.

I may be wrong, but I think that on Xbox One you can't upgrade the hard drive unlike on PS4 (at least not without voiding the warranty), so that's a big plus for PS4 too, considering that you could fill it up pretty quick if you purchase games from PS Store.

Considering these facts, no I would not be happier with Xbox One. It simply didn't impress me, and even if I liked the games for it, I wouldn't be able to find them so easily. PS4 may not have many games now, but there will be more games in the future.

I also have no idea how does PS+ suck compared to Live, since you have to pay for both.

Quote: InsomDog
I don't think you'll be able to use your credit card to buy it but I think the PS Store accepts PayPal which should be ok as it converts your currency.

I read about it, but unfortunately PayPal option is not available in my country. And it says that my card must be registered in the same country as my PSN account.

I honestly have no idea why won't Sony let us change the country. They let you change the address yet not the country. Or even gender. Tsk tsk tsk...

@Crystal Dragon: Yeah, I know. I am just a little paranoid the username I want won't be available by the time I buy it lol. Oh well. XD

And thank you for helping me out, guys! Whenever I ask something on Sony forums I never get a proper reply.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:16:15 10/07/2014 by Spyro-Fan
#17 Posted: 01:19:58 10/07/2014

Xbox One is expensive as all hell. 835 dollars,

Well that explains it.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:20:42 10/07/2014 by Ryanator20x6
#18 Posted: 11:35:24 10/07/2014 | Topic Creator
And another important thing to consider, which I found out just today, is that Xbox Live is not even supported in my country. Booo
#19 Posted: 16:33:58 17/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Bump~
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#20 Posted: 09:28:40 20/09/2014
i have been traveling to Croatia for vacation, and there is no xbox stuff to be seen in the shops usually. its all playstation in Croatia and they have uk product codes on the games. Croatia is a beautiful country smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me