Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Spyro on Vita [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#1 Posted: 14:46:22 19/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Seriously, why the hell not?

I know that this is not the case in Europe, but in NA the Spyro and Crash trilogies are not compatible with the Vita in any way. You can't buy them off store on the Vita nor can you transfer them from the PS3 to it. I fail to understand why this is the case, as the Vita is perfectly capable of running it and, once again, they're already available to play in Europe. I highly doubt it's a licensing issue since, yet again, they're already available to play in Europe. I feel like it's pretty stupid to boast having PS1 classics on the Vita and have games like Favorite Dear and First Queen IV, while completely missing the two biggest franchies to have hit the PS1 back in the day.

The Spyro and Crash games are $1 each on PSN this weekend (so if you want them get them now) and CTR is the only Vita compatible game. Why is this?
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#2 Posted: 15:53:02 19/04/2014
There's certainly no technical reason behind it, so that's out of the question.

I really don't know why at this point. I can't imagine whatever contract Sony have that allows them to put the games on the PS Store would be so specific, where it would say "you can put the games on both systems in Europe, but only one system in the US". There are no logical explanations for this.

It could happen though, as the Spyro trilogy took on awful long time to come to Europe to begin with, while the Americans had it years before us Europeans.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#3 Posted: 16:53:34 19/04/2014 | Topic Creator
*Two systems. Crash and Spyro are technically also on PSP, only further trivializing the whole matter and making the lack of a Vita appearance so much less justifiable.

It can't be because the Vita isn't selling well, because it shouldn't cost that much to take these games and put them on a system that's similar to the PSP.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#4 Posted: 17:07:42 19/04/2014
Huh. For some reason I thought they were on the PSN for Vita. That's really weird. Cause if people really want to play those games on the go, Vita is definitely better. I don't own a PSP or Vita, but I know people with Vitas who really like the screen and control system.

Also, 1 USD on the PSN for those games? Looks like I waited long enough to get the games on the PSN again after losing my old account. @.@
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#5 Posted: 21:10:39 19/04/2014 | Topic Creator
You only have this weekend. Other games such as Braid, Tokyo Jungle, and several Telltale series' are on sale for $1 too.
#6 Posted: 00:05:10 20/04/2014
I know. It's amazing. 6 games for under $6! Thanks Sony. ^.^
---
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#7 Posted: 18:24:23 20/04/2014
Damn.... too bad I can't play them on my Vita >.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#8 Posted: 19:19:46 20/04/2014
WE NEED THOSE GAMES FOR THE VITA!!!!!!1!1!!!1
#9 Posted: 01:46:21 21/04/2014 | Topic Creator
I contacted Sony yesterday just to see if maybe there's some sort of insight as to why these games aren't available yet, and if they will be soon. I ran into a dead end as the representative didn't have any information as to if such a thing will happen. I'm not surprised seeing how they're only a customer service rep and they wouldn't know about the going-ons in the company until they public announce it, but it was worth a try.
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 14104
#10 Posted: 10:13:07 22/04/2014
Apparently they just updated it so you can do exactly this.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#11 Posted: 14:17:01 22/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Already found and downloaded them.

It may have been better to announce this during the flash sale as to gain more sales from Vita owners.

EDIT: You're a Vita owner?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:17:52 22/04/2014 by CAV
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#12 Posted: 15:13:03 22/04/2014
Quote: CAV

It may have been better to announce this during the flash sale as to gain more sales from Vita owners.

Agreed, and NOPE.
#13 Posted: 23:58:01 26/04/2014

Wait, what!? I can't find them (still, I don't have enough money to buy them...)
---
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#14 Posted: 00:36:23 27/04/2014
Quote: SamXala

Wait, what!? I can't find them (still, I don't have enough money to buy them...)

they got removed, turns out it was an accident
#15 Posted: 04:56:33 27/04/2014 | Topic Creator
......And as stated above they have been removed along with every other PS1 and PSP game made available for Vita. Seeing how I didn't have enough space to bring all three Spyro games to my Vita, this is seriously irksome with me (**** 4 GB cards and Sony's prices for better ones).

But I DID have the space to get the three Crash Bandicoot games, and they work perfectly on the Vita. So my only question is....................why the **** not? Sony, why is it that you continue to hold these games from us in NA when Europe and Japan have them and it's perfectly clear that they will work on the Vita? There isn't a licensing issue. There aren't porting issues. There isn't some financial issue as there is nothing to financially gain or lose by not having these games on there. There is no logical sense behind keeping these games locked away.
#16 Posted: 14:51:32 27/04/2014
I don't know. Sony doesn't always seem to make the best decisions when it comes to the PlayStation Network and PSOne Classics. To name 2 other poor decisions off the top of my head...

1) They put the early version of Crash Bandicoot 2 that lacks analogue support on the PSN, despite all their current consoles relying heavily on dual analogue sticks.

2) They put the original, black label version of Year of the Dragon on the PSN, despite the fact that the Greatest Hits version added in the missing music, cutscene, and did away with some of the glitches, including certain gamebreaking ones.

So Sony's lack of logic here seems to be in line with some of their other decisions. XP
---
#17 Posted: 19:01:25 30/04/2014
......And as stated above they have been removed along with every other PS1 and PSP game made available for Vita. Seeing how I didn't have enough space to bring all three Spyro games to my Vita, this is seriously irksome with me (**** 4 GB cards and Sony's prices for better ones).

But I DID have the space to get the three Crash Bandicoot games, and they work perfectly on the Vita. So my only question is....................why the **** not? Sony, why is it that you continue to hold these games from us in NA when Europe and Japan have them and it's perfectly clear that they will work on the Vita? There isn't a licensing issue. There aren't porting issues. There isn't some financial issue as there is nothing to financially gain or lose by not having these games on there. There is no logical sense behind keeping these games locked away.

I'm agree...
---
#18 Posted: 05:00:40 15/06/2014 | Topic Creator
So with Playstation Now we will be able to play Spyro games on Vita, along with the entire PS1 library.

"We already know that you can play these games on Vita, and we even leaked them to you a few months ago (though by mistake). But now we will finally let you play them........for an extra fee."

I already paid for these games. Just let me play them on my damn Vita. It's not like you're doing anything else for the system.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#19 Posted: 09:34:16 15/06/2014
Quote: HIR
did away with some of the glitches, including certain gamebreaking ones.

Wait, which ones are these exactly? I wouldn't doubt that they're there, I just can't remember what they were smilie
#20 Posted: 14:54:36 17/06/2014
So with Playstation Now we will be able to play Spyro games on Vita, along with the entire PS1 library.

"We already know that you can play these games on Vita, and we even leaked them to you a few months ago (though by mistake). But now we will finally let you play them........for an extra fee."

I already paid for these games. Just let me play them on my damn Vita. It's not like you're doing anything else for the system.

Well....
---
#21 Posted: 20:48:07 19/06/2014
Quote: Spyrobaro
Quote: Arc of Archives
Quote: HIR
did away with some of the glitches, including certain gamebreaking ones.

Wait, which ones are these exactly? I wouldn't doubt that they're there, I just can't remember what they were /shrug

I think one he might be referring to is the one in YoTD where you have to get every egg in a speedway on your first visit or else you can't finish the game. It was fixed in the Greatest Hits version, but it's in the black label version, which is on PSN I believe.

Correct. I've also encountered glitches where certain gems will spawn from enemies in out of bounds areas. Forcing me to kill my Spyro to reset it or leave the level entirely. I don't recall seeing it happen on YouTube but it's there.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me