Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Favorite Spyro Villain? [CLOSED]
ThunderBolt3811 Green Sparx Gems: 126
#1 Posted: 19:12:55 15/04/2014 | Topic Creator
My all-time favorite Spyro villain is Red. Ever since I was a little kid I've loved Red; I loved the idea of a big, evil dragon storming the Dragon Realms with darkness. I also really like Ripto and Malefor. smilie
---
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#2 Posted: 19:33:26 15/04/2014
I'd like Red more if his backstory was expanded - a lot was implied but we don't know a whole lot of what actually happened to him before he turned evil :I Same for Gaul.
Skabb is probably the villain I like the most from the non-Skylander games. There's just something really clever and funny about this violent guy who seems to be in charge,but it's actually controlled by two weaker ones - who sound like they want to be even more aggressive than their minions.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#3 Posted: 21:41:49 15/04/2014
I think it's Gaul. For as little as he was developed by the writers, there are some really fascinating and sad hints about his possible backstory littered all over TEN (most likely by accident, but still...). Next to him is the Sorceress for basically being the most wickedly nasty villain of the franchise (ripping the wings off baby dragons and not caring if that kills them in the most horrible fashion...dang lady o_o). Kaos/Ripto (they're pretty much the same person), Red, and Cynder are tied for third place. And Gnasty Gnorc will always hold a special place in my heart.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#4 Posted: 22:21:38 15/04/2014
Hm... Gonna go with Gnasty Gnorc overall (classic Gnasty, of course). More recently, he's grown on me. And also these two -
Quote: Razz
Kaos/Ripto (they're pretty much the same person)

Bwahaha. So true.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#5 Posted: 23:08:12 15/04/2014

I reject your theory, and instead pose that Ripto and Emperor Percival Tachyon are the exact same person. XP

BEHOLD!

Quote: HIR
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Ripto is actually Emperor Percival Tachyon in a past life. *brick'd*

That's the villain off of Tools of Destruction right? If so, he does remind me of him; probably because he's small like Ripto though.

Well...

Ripto
-Extremely short
-Shorter temper
-High pitched voice
-Obscene hatred of dragons
-Rules an entire land with an iron fist
-Commands an army of simple-minded creatures (the Riptocs)
-Has two giant guards and uses a giant machine to fight Spyro (Robo-Gulp)
-Appears to be killed on screen in debut game, only to appear alive at a later point
-Boss music has an opera singer

Tachyon
-Extremely short
-Shorter temper
-Higher pitched voice
-Obscene hatred of Lombaxes
-Rules an entire galaxy with an iron fist
-Commands an army of simple-minded creatures (the Drophyds)
-Has a giant walking throne he uses to fight Ratchet & Clank
-Appears to be killed on screen in debut game, only to appear alive at a later point
-Boss music has a choir

I could keep going... I think.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#6 Posted: 13:41:43 17/04/2014
Spyro.

Those poor, poor sheep.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#7 Posted: 02:29:15 19/04/2014
Ripto and Red.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
AwesomePaul53 Ripto Gems: 0
#8 Posted: 03:33:09 20/04/2014
MoneyBags
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#9 Posted: 14:03:24 20/04/2014
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Spyro.

Those poor, poor sheep.

smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

But, really, here's MY lowdown:

Original Series Favorite: Red, because he's a badass dragon.
Original Series Least Favorite: The Sorcerer, from Spyro: Shadow Legacy. His role was so badly done, and he had more potential as the first RPG Spyro villain.

TLoS Series Favorite: Cynder, 'cause she turns to the good side and look SEXY in DotD!!!!!
TLoS Series Least Favorite: Malefor. Like the Sorcerer, Malefor was horribly executed.

No opinion on Skylanders villains, although Kaos seems to be a good enough icon for people under 10.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#10 Posted: 09:05:47 12/05/2014
Would Bianca be considered a villain?

If not-Ripto
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#11 Posted: 16:50:20 12/05/2014
Red was always my favourite, too! smilie
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#12 Posted: 18:22:47 12/05/2014
Gnasty Gnorc >.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#13 Posted: 20:53:34 12/05/2014

I reject your theory, and instead pose that Ripto and Emperor Percival Tachyon are the exact same person. XP

BEHOLD!

Quote: SuperSpyroFan

That's the villain off of Tools of Destruction right? If so, he does remind me of him; probably because he's small like Ripto though.

Well...

Ripto
-Extremely short
-Shorter temper
-High pitched voice
-Obscene hatred of dragons
-Rules an entire land with an iron fist
-Commands an army of simple-minded creatures (the Riptocs)
-Has two giant guards and uses a giant machine to fight Spyro (Robo-Gulp)
-Boss music has an opera singer

Tachyon
-Extremely short
-Shorter temper
-Higher pitched voice
-Obscene hatred of Lombaxes
-Rules an entire galaxy with an iron fist
-Commands an army of simple-minded creatures (the Drophyds)
-Has a giant walking throne he uses to fight Ratchet & Clank
-Boss music has a choir

I could keep going... I think.

you remind me of someone who has a screenname (on other sites) by the name Matau99, boy does he have theories.
hmm my favorite villain might have to be either the Sorceress or (I would say Gaul, but surprisingly I don't have TLOS-TEN) maybe Malefor.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#14 Posted: 04:08:52 13/05/2014
Gaganasty Gaganorc, Red and Ripto.... And Kaos... Okay sometimes Kaos, just depends on my mood.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:09:57 13/05/2014 by DragonDog
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#15 Posted: 08:52:28 14/05/2014
Quote: Jaggedstar

can someone
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8195
#16 Posted: 20:37:53 14/05/2014
I like Malefor a lot. I really like sitting back and imagining his past and story.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#17 Posted: 03:24:18 17/05/2014
Ripto, Red, Gaul, this smilie and malefor
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#18 Posted: 09:01:13 17/05/2014
Um... Ripto?
---
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#19 Posted: 20:43:20 17/05/2014

can someone

Sure? It just depends I guess...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:43:55 17/05/2014 by DragonDog
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10445
#20 Posted: 23:26:49 17/05/2014
My favourite Spyro villain is Red. Red is just so legit, you know? It seems that he has true authority and the reason, why desires for power and control, is just for the sole reason of having those things. He doesn’t have any other motives than to seize the ultimate highest executive power.

Of course he being banished from the Dragon Elder’s guild, he has a certain scent of vengeance in his list of motives but it all comes down to absolute soulless domination. That’s why he is the most impressive and the best villain in the whole Spyro franchise.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#21 Posted: 16:14:03 18/05/2014
^Also, he's voiced by Jess Harnell. ^.^b
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#22 Posted: 07:12:50 23/05/2014
As far as actually fighting the villains goes, Cynder in ANB was by far my favorite villain. Her boss fight was just really fun and the reason I replayed ANB in the first place haha. I also love the design of the level itself when you fight her the second time (gosh I can't remember what the place is called; it's all glowy and purple you know), plus I just... I just had lots of fun with her ok

Actual character wise, I would say Bianca, even if she did turn good, because I just liked her personality and design a lot uvu I really, really hate what they did to her in EtD, though. But throughout the first game she was featured in she was wonderful quq
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#23 Posted: 17:28:03 23/05/2014
Quote: Crookshanks
definitely raiden

o_0 who's Raiden?
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#24 Posted: 22:20:03 31/05/2014
... Red's voiced by Jess Harnell too? o.o The more you know.

My favorite... probably The Sorceress. I like Ripto okay, I liked his return in Season of Flame, but after that game, I started to grow tired of him. ^^; Gnasty Gnorc seemed like a big bulky guy that seemed to think he was all that, when he really was a coward. Wasn't that much of a challenge.

"OKAY, HERE COMES... wait. You've unlocked all the doors? Mine's next? LOL K BYEEE~" ((cue to run away like a silly pansy))

Then again, it was the first game, so I should cut him some slack. (found him extremely annoying in AHT... oi)

I liked Red, too. I thought he was actually an enjoyable villain. I adored Ineptune; how cool is to mermaid? I don't think I've reached The Sorcerer in SL, though. I'll have to look back to see what I've accomplished. Loved adult!Cynder. Gaul was really a challenge. I stopped playing The Eternal Night for two months straight because I was so frustrated with the last boss battle. So he's cool in my book! Malefor? Who's Malefor? I've never heard of him before.

Sadly I don't know to do with Kaos; I haven't played any of the Skylander games yet. But he's voiced by Billy/Zim, for crying out loud. And he likes juice cartons. So if he were real, I would reward him with a gold star, lol.

Poor Grendor, left in the dust. :D
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:26:35 31/05/2014 by Radiance
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me