Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
More cutscenes? [CLOSED]
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#1 Posted: 16:35:41 06/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Would you have liked to have more cutscenes in the Spyro games? For Gateway To Glimmer and Year Of The Dragon, I'd really have liked one that explained Elora's authority status in Avalar and how she, Hunter and the Professor became friends (and maybe their past lives) , a backstory on Ripto, one about the Sorceress and one explaining what Bianca was like before she got stuck with the Sorceress/how she got there in the first place.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#2 Posted: 17:31:11 06/02/2014
The older games were too fast paced for that is the most likely explanation. Exposition is something children don't care about,and at the time you were better off spending your budget on more gameplay than some cutscenes which could actually have people getting bored of the game.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 14:56:46 07/02/2014 | Topic Creator
More cutscenes still would be nice
---
oh my god
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#4 Posted: 16:57:38 07/02/2014
At the very least I would have appreciated their being level intro/outro cutscenes in YotD like there were in Ripto's Rage. Of course, I understand that Insomniac was on a pretty strict deadline. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#5 Posted: 13:42:29 08/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
At the very least I would have appreciated their being level intro/outro cutscenes in YotD like there were in Ripto's Rage. Of course, I understand that Insomniac was on a pretty strict deadline. <.<

Sorceress and Spyro scene? Yup. lemon universal
---
oh my god
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#6 Posted: 16:35:03 08/02/2014
Quote: Jaggedstar
Quote: HIR

Sorceress and Spyro scene? Yup. lemon universal

^This!
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#7 Posted: 16:58:48 08/02/2014
Actually, I think the cutscenes in GTG were quite well-spread out. The level intros and outros were cool and they were nice and short. There weren't too many of the longer main cutscenes like YoTD, only before/after the boss battles.

I think YoTD had a problem with a bit too much dialogue and too many cutscenes but still having a story that wasn't really great and could have been told well with less cutscenes/dialogue. I agree with everyone saying they wanted to see Spyro and the Sorceress interact.

It's too bad, because the Sorceress was actually a good villain, but eh... I think with YoTD they wanted to make a bit of a deeper plot but never got to flesh it out properly :T

Still a good game, though.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:06:36 08/02/2014 by Arc of Archives
#8 Posted: 09:17:21 12/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Arc of Archives
Actually, I think the cutscenes in GTG were quite well-spread out. The level intros and outros were cool and they were nice and short. There weren't too many of the longer main cutscenes like YoTD, only before/after the boss battles.

I think YoTD had a problem with a bit too much dialogue and too many cutscenes but still having a story that wasn't really great and could have been told well with less cutscenes/dialogue. I agree with everyone saying they wanted to see Spyro and the Sorceress interact.

It's too bad, because the Sorceress was actually a good villain, but eh... I think with YoTD they wanted to make a bit of a deeper plot but never got to flesh it out properly :T

Still a good game, though.

The GtG cutscenes were the best ones to explain the storyline. I agree when you say YOTD had too many.
Oh yes, it's an amazing game smilie
---
oh my god
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me