Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All Purpose Super Smash Bros. U / 3DS topic!
First | Previous | Page 22 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 48 49 50
All Purpose Super Smash Bros. U / 3DS topic! [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#1051 Posted: 18:16:41 20/01/2014
Quote: HIR
Quote: sonicbrawler182
[User Posted Image]

Teaser for the new single-player mode.

So it's basically Melee's Adventure Mode in 1080p! (offer only valid on Wii U) >.>

*knows you were probably joking, but anyway smilie*

Actually, it's likely the Wii U version won't have this mode. Sakurai has described the design philosophy behind the 3DS version as being that it's "your personal training space". As a result, they are trying to incorporate some kind of currency for customisation, as well as more singleplayer content. You can then import your customised...whatever (he hasn't stated whether or not he actually means character customisation) into the Wii U version, which is considered "the tournament stadium".

The 3DS version will still have online play, however. I imagine it may not be as robust, though.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8733
#1052 Posted: 18:38:27 20/01/2014
[User Posted Image]

So it's basically Melee's Adventure Mode in 1080p! (offer only valid on Wii U) >.>

I hated that mode.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#1053 Posted: 20:28:57 20/01/2014
[User Posted Image]

*knows you were probably joking, but anyway :P*

Actually, it's likely the Wii U version won't have this mode. Sakurai has described the design philosophy behind the 3DS version as being that it's "your personal training space". As a result, they are trying to incorporate some kind of currency for customisation, as well as more singleplayer content. You can then import your customised...whatever (he hasn't stated whether or not he actually means character customisation) into the Wii U version, which is considered "the tournament stadium".

The 3DS version will still have online play, however. I imagine it may not be as robust, though.

Really? That's... disappointing. I mean, aside from the cutscenes, I really liked that the Subspace Emissary was an alternative for unlocking characters. Because on low difficulty it's easy to breeze through. And in Melee, some of the methods needed to unlock fighters were just nuts. My parents were PISSED when I left the Gamecube running all night so I could unlock Mewtwo. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#1054 Posted: 22:28:55 20/01/2014
Take what I'm saying with a pinch of salt - it's early days yet, and Sakurai has been quite vague in terms of what to expect from game modes, especially single-player. He also stressed that certain ideas would be cut if deemed unwise, such as customisation.
---
Grimslinger91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#1055 Posted: 23:03:15 20/01/2014

*knows you were probably joking, but anyway smilie*

Really? That's... disappointing. I mean, aside from the cutscenes, I really liked that the Subspace Emissary was an alternative for unlocking characters. Because on low difficulty it's easy to breeze through. And in Melee, some of the methods needed to unlock fighters were just nuts. My parents were PISSED when I left the Gamecube running all night so I could unlock Mewtwo. <.<

And g&w is also hard to get because you actually have to get everyone and then beat their target test but when I wanted to get mewtwo it took me 3 tries to get him because the other 2 times someone randomly died when no one touched my controllers
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#1056 Posted: 15:29:22 21/01/2014
I suppose it's from the 3DS version of the game.
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1057 Posted: 17:31:13 21/01/2014
I underestimated how much time is needed in Pokémon-Aime to get level 2 affection. Geez, it took 40 minutes. But I got me a Sylveon! Too bad I can't use it right now. My team is just too dang balanced level-wise. I've just never gotten 6 Pokémon I like with wide enough type differences this quickly in a Pokémon game. @.@

I think you posted i wrong topic HIR.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
#1058 Posted: 17:31:58 21/01/2014
Wrong topic, HIR? smilie

Anyway, it's the 15th anniversary of Smash Bros today. This day 15 years ago was when the first game was released in Japan. We haven't gotten anything to celebrate this yet, and today's daily pic is of no relation (it explains Rosalina's meta-game a bit though, which is nice). However, Sakurai did acknowledge it in the comments section of today's pic.

[User Posted Image]
---
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#1059 Posted: 21:19:08 21/01/2014
Wrong topic, HIR? smilie

Anyway, it's the 15th anniversary of Smash Bros today. This day 15 years ago was when the first game was released in Japan. We haven't gotten anything to celebrate this yet, and today's daily pic is of no relation (it explains Rosalina's meta-game a bit though, which is nice). However, Sakurai did acknowledge it in the comments section of today's pic.

[User Posted Image]

Hoping he is just faking it and will announce something bigger today.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#1060 Posted: 23:24:59 21/01/2014
Quote: hardcoreignitor
Wrong topic, HIR? smilie

[User Posted Image]

Hoping he is just faking it and will announce something bigger today.

Surely he'll do something more than a single post to celebrate. :S I still stand by my theory that they'll announce the return of one of the characters form the first game. yoshiyoshiyoshi >~>
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
#1061 Posted: 23:37:27 21/01/2014
Well, all of the Smash 64 veterans will never leave the franchise. That much is for sure.

Yoshi will likely be announced when Yoshi's New Island is coming out.

I'm sort of hoping for a general Smash Bros Direct to celebrate the 15th anniversary.
---
#1062 Posted: 01:44:38 22/01/2014
I want Captain Falcon to be announced to reappear today.
---
nyeheheheheh

Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#1063 Posted: 03:25:58 22/01/2014
I thought they weren't getting rid of any characters...
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#1064 Posted: 10:09:04 22/01/2014
So apparently these images were leaked, most likely not real. :S Though it would be cool is she was in the game.
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
#1065 Posted: 11:17:54 22/01/2014
I'm ALMOST positive that the first is a highly edited Zelda screenshot. I'll have to check later.

If it is fake, it's a very well done fake. If it's real, then I'm happy for her inclusion. I kinda want her to make it in, despite not playing Uprising yet.
---
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#1066 Posted: 12:42:05 22/01/2014
If she's actually in I would be super excited, If that was real my new mains are going to be Pauletena and Pit smilie
---
henlo
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8195
#1067 Posted: 16:56:25 22/01/2014
Quote: TorchSheep
So apparently these images were leaked, most likely not real. :S Though it would be cool is she was in the game.

i was gonna post that asdfghjkl
I thought the lighting was a little quirky (she looks a little brighter than Mario and the scenery. I'm not an expert on that type of thing though so who knows), but no way does that mean that I wouldn't be excited for her arrival. smilie
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#1068 Posted: 17:39:18 22/01/2014
I gave my two cents on this over on a Smash forum, so I'll paste my thoughts here:

Quote:
We can go on about how much we think it's fake based on our skepticism alone, but what really matters is looking at already released screenshots.

At first, I thought I saw Zelda screenshots that were similar, but I was mistaken. I checked every other 3DS Battlefield screenshot I could find though. Out of all of them, only one looks to have a strikingly similar background to the solo shot of Palutena:

[User Posted Image]

As you can see, the two shots are taken at near identical angles. However, even then, the bottom left part of the Peach shot is not visible in the Palutena solo shot, and the lighting is also a little bit different between the two shots.

As for the Palutena shot with Mario, I can't find any shots of Mario matching that shot. And yes, I did check the 3DS Facebook page, where they have extra screenshots. Even there, nothing matches up perfectly.

So there is a possibility this is legitimate, from what we can deduce. Also keep in mind that, compared to the likes of Mewthree, not a lot of people would go through the effort of making a fake screenshot of Palutena. Especially not one that looks so good. I can't find any tell tale signs that this is fake, unlike that one screenshot of Mewthree in Smash, that was easy to figure out and prove as fake.

The only thing that gives me any true, logical reason to doubt this is the fact that the bottom screen is not shown off. I mean, if you were going to leak screenshots like this, assuming you actually had your hands on the game for a bit, you might as well show us what's on the bottom screen while you're at it. Even if it is indeed nothing. At least to prove that you haven't just got the 3DS photo viewer with your fake screenshot up! :V
---
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#1069 Posted: 00:55:53 23/01/2014
[User Posted Image]

Look at what that website just posted...

If we have any doubts, let them be permanently gone.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#1070 Posted: 01:05:04 23/01/2014
[User Posted Image]
takin selfies with your doggie kardonis?
---
nyeheheheheh

kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#1071 Posted: 01:09:41 23/01/2014
*squints* uh, my dog isn't that big. Also it's a chain chomp.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1072 Posted: 01:15:14 23/01/2014
[User Posted Image]

Here he is. Such a good little ferocious Chomp..
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#1073 Posted: 01:27:38 23/01/2014
Quote: kardonis
[User Posted Image]

What. The image is from TAMBLR. @.@
---
#1074 Posted: 01:38:11 23/01/2014
[User Posted Image]

That is the worst fake I've ever seen.
---
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#1075 Posted: 07:05:05 23/01/2014
[User Posted Image]

Bad Link.
---
#1076 Posted: 12:30:29 23/01/2014
VIRIDI!
So happi there are Kid Icarus related things lately! First that Palutena picture, then Viridi in the stage! smilie Just waiting for Magnus and/or Dark Pit and I'll be allll set. :3
---
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#1077 Posted: 16:37:46 23/01/2014
AWESOME!

And I totally think that the Paultena screen shot is no fake!
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
SilverWolf1129 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1891
#1078 Posted: 18:49:38 23/01/2014
[User Posted Image]

Oooh Pit gets an Upperdash Arm. (Uprising nerd). Though Finn is definitely fake. He looks absolutely nothing like the other models. And look at the background. There's a yellow line. The only thing that would be (besides background effects) is a fading attack, like Fox/Falco's dash, which leaves a line behind.
---
It begins with them. But ends, with me. Their son. Vaxus.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:53:49 23/01/2014 by SilverWolf1129
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#1079 Posted: 20:08:18 23/01/2014
Pit sure looks like a real contender with his new moves aka Upperdash Arm and Gaurdian Orbitars
---
henlo
SilverWolf1129 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1891
#1080 Posted: 21:13:19 23/01/2014
^ ^ ^ Where'd you see the Orbitars?
---
It begins with them. But ends, with me. Their son. Vaxus.
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#1081 Posted: 21:32:05 23/01/2014
Quote: SilverWolf1129
^ ^ ^ Where'd you see the Orbitars?

I remember seeing them in a gameplay video, not sure which one though. They replace his shield
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#1082 Posted: 21:50:38 23/01/2014
[User Posted Image]

Nintendo never worked with Cartoonnetwork
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1083 Posted: 21:53:48 23/01/2014
Quote: Grimslinger91
[User Posted Image]

HOW. GULLIBLE. ARE. YOU. ;-;
---
words. letters. filler.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#1084 Posted: 21:59:11 23/01/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
[User Posted Image]

HOW. GULLIBLE. ARE. YOU. ;-;

Grimslinger, I'm starting to worry.
---
you never saw me
#1085 Posted: 19:18:39 24/01/2014
My quote button's not working. <.>
@awesomerockets and SilverWolf Yeah, I saw the Orbitars and Arm a while back. smilie It's interesting how they're changing stuff so it comes from Uprising. If you know me, I'm a HUGE Kid Icarus fan. smilie
---
#1086 Posted: 21:10:11 24/01/2014
Quote: ShadowMewX
My quote button's not working. <.>
@awesomerockets and SilverWolf Yeah, I saw the Orbitars and Arm a while back. smilie It's interesting how they're changing stuff so it comes from Uprising. If you know me, I'm a HUGE Kid Icarus fan. smilie

I'm guessing that the neutral special will still be the palutena bow
SilverTris79 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1171
#1087 Posted: 22:51:22 24/01/2014

@awesomerockets This was it.
---
Need: smilie,smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:53:16 24/01/2014 by SilverTris79
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8733
#1088 Posted: 03:23:41 25/01/2014
Screw Palutena I want Magnus.
#1089 Posted: 03:49:38 25/01/2014
^Agreed. Since you actually played as him, it would be easier to translate his attacks into a moveset. Of course, given that HAL and Sora were able to give Captain Falcon his glorious moves from nothing but the fact that he drives a super fast race car, I'd say anything's possible. <.<;
---
#1090 Posted: 03:58:19 25/01/2014
HIR
Do you have a 3DS and plan on getting the 3DS version of smash?
---
nyeheheheheh

#1091 Posted: 03:59:29 25/01/2014
^Agreed. Since you actually played as him, it would be easier to translate his attacks into a moveset. Of course, given that HAL and Sora were able to give Captain Falcon his glorious moves from nothing but the fact that he drives a super fast race car, I'd say anything's possible. <.<;

And zelda
#1092 Posted: 04:25:28 25/01/2014
Quote: hardcoreignitor
HIR
Do you have a 3DS and plan on getting the 3DS version of smash?

Well as it stands I don't have a Wii U so if I were to get Smash, that'd be the version I'd have until I decided to get a Wii U. <.<
---
#1093 Posted: 05:08:50 25/01/2014
So yer on for a 1v1 when we both get the game? smilie
---
nyeheheheheh

#1094 Posted: 13:11:11 25/01/2014

Wasn't there a boss fight against Palutena? People on Smashboards keep telling me she had a lot of diverse moves in that fight alone. She was possessed, but the abilities she used were genuinely ones she could perform.
Also, she's a goddess. Not hard to make a moveset out of a Greek goddess.

Honestly, Magnus feels unlikely. From what people tell me (I have not played Uprising yet), Magnus only appears in about three chapters, while Palutena appears in pretty much all of them. And even I can see just from looking at gameplay that he would pretty much play very similarly to Ike. And in general, I feel like there are too many sword-wielding characters (and we likely will get Chrom or Lucina from Fire Emblem anyway).

I feel like Palutena is a much better choice, because she follows the philosophy of the other newcomers - they are all really new and unique in some way. Wii Fit Trainer may be a bit familiar (although all of her attacks are exercises, she is really a new melee fighter at her core), but the other three are really unique and unlike anything we've seen in Smash. And I feel like Palutena would make for an awesome mage character. The only characters remotely like this already are Peach and Zelda, and even there it's not very apparent. And while Sakurai sort of painted Rosalina as one in a screenshot that was a subtle Final Fantasy reference, she's really a puppeteer character. I feel like Palutena could have tons of ranged spells and stuff, as well as using some of the new weapons in Uprising that Pit doesn't use in Smash. Plus, she's got a huge shield, which would be useful.

Plus, Sakurai said that he wants more female characters, and a lot of people liked Palutena for her really quirky personality (may also help that she was voiced by Ali Hillis). Sakurai has also said that he prefers to include characters that don't typically fight, which fits Palutena perfectly (she's capable of fighting by herself, but she doesn't normally do so).
---
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1095 Posted: 13:24:58 25/01/2014

Wasn't there a boss fight against Palutena? People on Smashboards keep telling me she had a lot of diverse moves in that fight alone. She was possessed, but the abilities she used were genuinely ones she could perform.

Honestly, Magnus feels unlikely. From what people tell me (I have not played Uprising yet), Magnus only appears in about three chapters, while Palutena appears in pretty much all of them. And even I can see just from looking at gameplay that he would pretty much play very similarly to Ike. And in general, I feel like there are too many sword-wielding characters (and we likely will get Chrom or Lucina from Fire Emblem anyway).

I feel like Palutena is a much better choice, because she follows the philosophy of the other newcomers - they are all really new and unique in some way. Wii Fit Trainer may be a bit familiar (although all of her attacks are exercises, she is really a new melee fighter at her core), but the other three are really unique and unlike anything we've seen in Smash. And I feel like Palutena would make for an awesome mage character. The only characters remotely like this already are Peach and Zelda, and even there it's not very apparent. And while Sakurai sort of painted Rosalina as one in a screenshot that was a subtle Final Fantasy reference, she's really a puppeteer character. I feel like Palutena could have tons of ranged spells and stuff, as well as using some of the new weapons in Uprising that Pit doesn't use in Smash. Plus, she's got a huge shield, which would be useful.

Plus, Sakurai said that he wants more female characters, and a lot of people liked Palutena for her really quirky personality (may also help that she was voiced by Ali Hillis). Sakurai has also said that he prefers to include characters that don't typically fight, which fits Palutena perfectly (she's capable of fighting by herself, but she doesn't normally do so).

Yeah I agree.She would be the better choice to represent the Kid Icarus series.As you said we have may to many sword wielding characters. Plus now that we have seen that Viridi stage there is much higher chance that a new Kid Icarus character will be coming.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
#1096 Posted: 13:53:37 25/01/2014
Quote: azz01

Yeah I agree.She would be the better choice to represent the Kid Icarus series.As you said we have may to many sword wielding characters. Plus now that we have seen that Viridi stage there is much higher chance that a new Kid Icarus character will be coming.

Maybe hades
#1097 Posted: 14:03:37 25/01/2014
^They wouldn't want to draw parallels with PS-All Stars, now would they? :V
---
#1098 Posted: 14:07:45 25/01/2014
Mewtwo has like a 75% chance of coming back
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#1099 Posted: 14:11:04 25/01/2014

Oh? And where did you learn that?

Mewtwo MAY come back, but we do not have a "probability chance" for sure.
---
you never saw me
#1100 Posted: 14:32:18 25/01/2014

No such thing as a percent chance when it comes to a game character. It's all up to the developers.
---
First | Previous | Page 22 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me