Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Skylanders 4- I have an idea!
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Skylanders 4- I have an idea! [CLOSED]
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4108
#1 Posted: 13:40:26 21/06/2013 | Topic Creator
How about Toys for Bob make a Skylanders Game with 2 new Elements- Sci-Fi and ???
So, they could make:
7 New Core Skylanders
1 New Giant
2 New Swappers
For the 2 New elements. That would be 20 new Skylanders, plus that's a Great idea! Here's how the Story would go:

Eon's at the Core of Light. He looks at the Eight element that are formed in a circle. "Hugo, I wonder what the Skylanders are doing right now." Eon Says. "Probably ridding Skylands from Enemies and Sheep." Hugo says. "W...wait a minute, there's a part of the circle that is covered up by dust. I best go see what it is. Well, Hugo, you do it. I no longer have arms." "Sure thing sir." Hugo wipes it off. He discovers 2 new Elemental Symbols. Hugo Gasps. "Could it be sir, 2 new Elements of Skylanders?!" "I..I believe so Hugo!" Hugo passes out. -That's the end of the first, or second clip.

Hope you like my idea.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#2 Posted: 15:33:35 21/06/2013
I'd recommend moving this to the Skylanders boards,not sure which one though.

Even though your idea isn't bad at all,imo,adding news elements is unecessary and will destroy the little balance this game has.Specially elements that aren't really elements. If they added stuff of the same kind of Pokémon types(much like Water and Ice are separated,Dark is there to balance out Psychic,Fairy-Type was now made to keep Dragon-types from breaking the game) it'd be alright;but it could have a lot of conflict with the current elements.(not to mention Sci-Fi is a GENRE and it's Tech in a nutshell,and ??? is the placeholder Pokémon-type once used to keep the game from crashing if it's hacked)
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#3 Posted: 17:27:33 21/06/2013
Eh, the topic's fine where it is. I think a ??? element would confuse too many kids, and sci-fi is a genre of media and literature, not an element, like Bifrost said.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#4 Posted: 18:16:52 21/06/2013
Not these topics again.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4108
#5 Posted: 00:50:35 22/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Not these topics again.

Not these comments again. What, you never share ideas?
#6 Posted: 15:13:42 22/06/2013
As I said,it's kind of specific,you'd get better feedback if you moved this to a skylander board(Toy and Merch? It's the only 'general' one). General has a lot more classic and LoS fans,or prefers to discuss the games themselves rather than suggestions :U
---
pop fizzz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1129
#7 Posted: 17:58:31 06/08/2013
The ??? Element should be Called time and the sci-fi should be space becus thay wer going to Mack thos in giants smilie hope you like my idea
cyber dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 606
#8 Posted: 09:56:55 07/08/2013
space and time skylanders sound cool
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#9 Posted: 02:15:10 09/08/2013
I think it would be really epic if the Skylanders went into space!

Kaos, after much brooding and scheming finally realizes the obvious about the Skylanders and the best or even only way to defeat them: In Skylands they are an elite fighting force, formidable on thier own and unstoppable together, but in our world they're toys, frozen and defenseless, just waiting to be destroyed. So, by scrying through his own portal Kaos comes to find that he sent the Skylanders to Earth and with some Arkeyan tech sets out in search of Earth with the Skylanders following in thier own space ship, planet-hopping after Kaos to stop him before he can reach Earth and conquer it, and through the destruction of the Skylanders, Skylands too.

We could also combine this with the popular 'Kaos alliance' idea that's been rolling around the forums. Perhaps Kaos find he cannot go into space/reach earth himself, so he creates and sends a monster to do it for him. Only problem is he quickly finds he has no way to controll it, and that would be fine with him except that his own toy is trapped on Earth too, and if it's destroyed so is he. So Kaos has no choice but to ally himself with the Skylanders and lead his own forces into the fray, since the monster was created of 'dark elements' in contrast to the light elements of the Skylanders, and can only be stopped by other dark elements.

P.S. - If that thing about a dark element only being stopped by oter dark elements seems counter intuitive, let's just say it was a security measure Kaos came up with to prevent the Skylanders from foiling his plans.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:29:02 09/08/2013 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
swappers99 Blue Sparx Gems: 760
#10 Posted: 11:02:42 21/10/2013
how about war or lightning? speed maybe? IDK?! whatever it is, do not introduce Stealth Elf or bring back VooDood!
---
sorry, www.DarkSpyro.com can not show you this users post.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#11 Posted: 13:12:39 21/10/2013
Quote: swappers99
how about war or lightning? speed maybe? IDK?! whatever it is, do not introduce Stealth Elf or bring back VooDood!

What you say is very unlikely, because voodood was a bad seller, he didnt servive Giants and SSF and he will most likely not return for the next gen, Stealth Elf is the total difference, she's a good seller, has WAY more fans, and activision loves her TOO much, I know its cool and all they gave her a Dark but i think She needs some rest, but I doubt if that is ever gonna happen or we will have a S100 around 2100....
SkylandersGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1434
#12 Posted: 05:33:47 29/12/2013
I got 3 ideas

3. Kaos is trying to make a machine to make the Skylanders stay on earth forever but he needs a dragon fang from a fully grown purple dragon so he brings Malefor to life and they become a team and try to take over Skylands destroy the Skylanders and Malefor wants revenge on Spyro and Cynder so they try to destroy the Skylanders first and keep Spyro and Cynder for last to kill. Oh yeah theirs only 8 new Skylanders 8 LC'S and Skylanders from SSA and SG that didn't get a S2 get one

2. You go to Kaos's side of the story try to take over Skylands but the Skylanders beat you of course. and Kaos can be a playable character and all the Skylanders you have from the first 3 games instead of heroes their evil so Dark Skylanders and their colour is the elements colour like in the first game Kaos evil Skylander minions so Dark Magic Skylanders are dark purple and Dark Tech Skylanders are dark orange are yellow.

1 Kaos doesn't try to take over Skylands but the miniverse of Skylands with Sidekicks instead of normal Skylanders to buy Sidekicks are now playable and your Skylanders from the first 3 games are the same size. and there's Sidekick zones Sidekick elemental gates and only the Sidekicks can go in house but once in the house you can switch to normal size Skylanders but you have to click a button so those are my ideas.
S P Y R O Blue Sparx Gems: 953
#13 Posted: 19:53:50 05/01/2014
I got an idea, but it would be a spin off. It kind of reminds me of nintendogs.
Place your old skylanders on the portal of power and reuse them. You have them as pets! (Doesn't work with ones like stealth elf) or they could be little baby skylanders!

I know, soppy.
---
Spyro is cool, Spyro is cool. Anyone doesn't think Spyro's cool, must be a banana. smilie smilie
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#14 Posted: 23:24:39 05/01/2014
How about a Heart element and attract more girl fans ? Girls get pocket money too .

[User Posted Image]
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:26:15 05/01/2014 by Dark fhoenix
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#15 Posted: 00:22:11 06/01/2014
Girls don't need hearts or pink things to enjoy a product. Why not just make a few more cool girl characters, period? Or some male characters who have pink heart themes. That would be awesome.
#16 Posted: 08:07:45 06/01/2014
Quote:
What you say is very unlikely, because voodood was a bad seller, he didnt servive Giants and SSF and he will most likely not return for the next gen

Can someone please explain how the heck did Lightning rod outsell Voodood ?

Quote:
Girls don't need hearts or pink things to enjoy a product.

Actually i am rather fond of hearts and pink things thank you .
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:22:09 06/01/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#17 Posted: 12:59:38 06/01/2014
We have Hex,Stealth Elf and other female characters without a trace of pink(let's just pretend Flashwing's wingtips are purple).No one needs to throw in pink to say they appeal to girls,that's not only unoriginal but ever so slightly sexist.
And we already have at least a Lost Islands variant which is a heart-themed guy - Cupid Flameslinger :U
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:00:08 06/01/2014 by Bifrost
cyber dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 606
#18 Posted: 14:01:52 06/01/2014
what about a skylander that is a hart
its legs could vains and attack by firing blood and to charge up dig attacks you press x repeatedly to make the hart pump
to skerry for kids
#19 Posted: 14:30:32 06/01/2014
Quote:
No one needs to throw in pink to say they appeal to girls,that's not only unoriginal but ever so slightly sexist.

What ? Allowing every colour available except "Salmon" is considered not sexist ?

Flashwing looks very very plush by the way .
---
#20 Posted: 19:18:03 06/01/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Quote:
No one needs to throw in pink to say they appeal to girls,that's not only unoriginal but ever so slightly sexist.

What ? Allowing every colour available except "Salmon" is considered not sexist ?

Flashwing looks very very plush by the way .

Emphasis on 'ever so slightly'.The problem isn't giving a certain color to a character,it's going so and saying it appeals to a specific group.It's like saying MLP: FiM is for little girls because there's a pink pony in it or the old 'pink is for girls,blue is for boys' generalization. Girls can like other colors,boys can like pink,etc etc.
I'm totally okay if we have something like a Pink Princess Hex variant,NOT okay if someone makes this just so girls will play with Hex more in the game,or advertises it as 'the girls can play with pretty Undead characters now' or somethng along those lines.

(no really I'm totally in for a Pink Princess Hex after Book of Elements: Life and Undead)
---
S P Y R O Blue Sparx Gems: 953
#21 Posted: 18:56:49 07/01/2014
They should invent a team of only girl swap forcers. They girls only work with the girls and the boys only with the boys.
---
Spyro is cool, Spyro is cool. Anyone doesn't think Spyro's cool, must be a banana. smilie smilie
#22 Posted: 20:26:38 07/01/2014
^ I've been saying that from the start of Swap Force!

What does it say about Hex in Book of Elements: Life and Undead? I'm curious about the reasoning behind Pink Princess Hex. XD
#23 Posted: 21:21:13 07/01/2014
Quote: Razz

What does it say about Hex in Book of Elements: Life and Undead? I'm curious about the reasoning behind Pink Princess Hex. smilie

I don't have the book yet,but it's there to see in the Spyro Wiki: "Because of her appearance, many people are scared of Hex, fearing she will use her magic for evil purposes. In an attempt to set their minds at ease, Hex once swapped her dark robes for a frilly pink dress with yellow polkda dots. If anything, this made her look even more alarming, and to everyone's relief, she quickly changed back."
Who doesn't want to play as a necromancer using a frilly pink dress? C'mon,Toys for Bob,make it happen :U
---
#24 Posted: 22:39:48 07/01/2014
I dunno about playing as that, but I sure do want to write a fic about it! XD
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#25 Posted: 01:19:37 08/01/2014
Quote: S P Y R O
They should invent a team of only girl swap forcers. They girls only work with the girls and the boys only with the boys.

In other words, let's teach kids that they can't work with colleagues of another gender/sex? :V
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#26 Posted: 02:23:04 08/01/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
How about a Heart element and attract more girl fans ? Girls get pocket money too .

[User Posted Image]

Your a girly girl so if you want that stuff play something else Skylanders is 85/100% a guys game so no hart elements no pick boys no hug attacks no teddy bares no girly cr@p girl Skylanders are fine because their cool but girly things is not
#27 Posted: 03:03:36 08/01/2014
^ That is untrue in every way. Skylanders is a series meant to appeal to all ages and genders (though there was trouble with the latest game and ActiVision got deserved flak for that).

SonicBrawler: I'd rather a set of girl Swappers to play with separate from the boy Swappers than what we have now, which is no girl Swappers at all. It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing. :/
#28 Posted: 04:55:28 08/01/2014
Are you kidding me Skylanders is mainly meant for boys sure some girls play it but TFB said that it is targeted mostly for boys

Their can't be girl swappers till like the next swap force game it's a bit weird when boys have girl parts and girls have boy parts. now I'm all up for girl swappers and more girl Skylanders and Giants but why do you think they don't make many girl Skylanders because their are more boy portal masters then girls

Just face it Skylanders is 85/100% more for boys then girls sorry if I offend you girls but I speak the truth and you know it
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#29 Posted: 05:28:51 08/01/2014
As a non-Skylanders player, I always did get the impression that it's meant to be marketed more towards young boys than girls. Not that that means girls can't play it, of course, but it doesn't seem like they're really the target audience.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#30 Posted: 09:35:59 08/01/2014
By Dark fhoenix's logic, there should also be a "Swag" element to attract more of the "teen" demographic :U
#31 Posted: 14:05:03 08/01/2014
@Razz: I was more poking fun than making a serious statement. We are only just starting to see homosexuality be represented in family friendly productions. I'm not expecting transgender/transsexual characters in them anytime soon. :V

In regards to the demographic debate, I reckon they were trying to make a franchise that appeals to both genders, but didn't necessarily succeed in that regard. As someone who still has not played a Skylanders game (unless you count Skylanders: Spyro's Universe) and finds it to be no more than a small curiosity to eventually play it one day, I do get much more of a boy's action game vibe. Especially when I compare it to other popular, kid friendly franchises, like Pokémon, Mario, Sonic, Rayman and Kirby, which are intended to be appealing to both genders on an equal level, and succeed in that regard.
---
#32 Posted: 15:16:57 08/01/2014
It's important to keep in mind that marketing and advertising agencies are not the game designers/makers and that marketing itself is incredibly sexist. As I recall, TFB said from the start they were making a game for their kids and themselves, no gender specified. Given that several TFB staffers are women and many of the other staff have daughters, well...that says a lot right there.

Swap Force was created by Vicarious Visions and they did originally plan to have both male and female Swappers. Somewhere along the line someone got antsy about that and they changed things, which is pretty dumb given that most of the Swappers don't even have anything resembling what we would consider male or female lower halves. But that's a different topic that was run into the ground on the Swap Force board.

What I'm really saying is, SkylandersGamer, I want proof for your numbers up there. Not an opinion, but actual statistics and quotes with links to the full articles. Assumptions just make the problem worse.
#33 Posted: 15:33:33 08/01/2014
Totally agreed on that front, but at the same time, I still don't think that the game designers even succeeded on that front. Even looking at a lot of the game's enemies, they seem like something from a typical fantasy game that a young lad would pick up, albeit made more kid friendly.

Though it's not necessarily a big issue to me, as I don't play video games to conform to/contest any gender roles, or anything like that. If a game has universal gender appeal, then that's a really nice bonus, and good for its marketing. If it doesn't, I couldn't careless as long as the rest of the game appeals to me.
---
#34 Posted: 16:28:09 08/01/2014
Quote: sonicbrawler182
@Razz: I was more poking fun than making a serious statement. We are only just starting to see homosexuality be represented in family friendly productions. I'm not expecting transgender/transsexual characters in them anytime soon. :V

In regards to the demographic debate, I reckon they were trying to make a franchise that appeals to both genders, but didn't necessarily succeed in that regard. As someone who still has not played a Skylanders game (unless you count Skylanders: Spyro's Universe) and finds it to be no more than a small curiosity to eventually play it one day, I do get much more of a boy's action game vibe. Especially when I compare it to other popular, kid friendly franchises, like Pokémon, Mario, Sonic, Rayman and Kirby, which are intended to be appealing to both genders on an equal level, and succeed in that regard.

I agree Pokemon is for both genders but the average players are boys so I'd say 60% of Pokemon is targeted for boys 40% is targeted for girls. but just think about Pokemon you'll see how it's 60% a boys game
#35 Posted: 16:56:49 08/01/2014
Don't make up numbers if you didn't make a poll in DS,or asked around to begin with. Sure,boys definately play more Skylanders since it's action oriented and it has a lot of 'cool guys doing cool stuff' vibe,but that doesn't mean girls are ignored entirely - otherwise TFB would make no female characters whatsoever or make Hex what the creepier Skylander fans think she looks like. And EVEN if they focused on boys,it's immature to take things that girls could possibly like entirely from a franchise,not to mention hurts sales because you're shooing a possible customer away. No wonder Xbox One had such backlash for sending mail to some people and implying girls would be only interested in it because of the TV shows.
---
#36 Posted: 17:16:10 08/01/2014
Quote: SkylandersGamer

I agree Pokemon is for both genders but the average players are boys so I'd say 60% of Pokemon is targeted for boys 40% is targeted for girls. but just think about Pokemon you'll see how it's 60% a boys game

[User Posted Image]

wow
much manliness
such testosterone
wow
---
#37 Posted: 17:34:07 08/01/2014

[User Posted Image]

wow
much manliness
such testosterone
wow

Do you know anything about Pokemon if you did you'd know that you need to do that to get a bigger bound with your Pokemon they made this Pokemon game more real like your on a real adventure so you got to feed them play with them sure they're some Pokemon that look girly but it's for that 40%
#38 Posted: 17:45:11 08/01/2014
So it seems what I was saying flew COMPLETELY over your head...
---
#39 Posted: 17:46:10 08/01/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Don't make up numbers if you didn't make a poll in DS,or asked around to begin with. Sure,boys definately play more Skylanders since it's action oriented and it has a lot of 'cool guys doing cool stuff' vibe,but that doesn't mean girls are ignored entirely - otherwise TFB would make no female characters whatsoever or make Hex what the creepier Skylander fans think she looks like. And EVEN if they focused on boys,it's immature to take things that girls could possibly like entirely from a franchise,not to mention hurts sales because you're shooing a possible customer away. No wonder Xbox One had such backlash for sending mail to some people and implying girls would be only interested in it because of the TV shows.

I'm not saying girls can't play it but it's a boys game the Skylanders are all boy related even the girls tell did you ever hear a bunch of girls saying they want to be a lava barfing monster are a ninja skunk that farts to kill his enemy's are a roller skating saw throwing melee fighting vampier (Roller Brawl) and don't say girl portal masters we know that they want to but other girls that don't play Skylanders point made and you can't say I'm making this up Skylanders is 85/100% a boys game
#40 Posted: 17:47:53 08/01/2014
So it seems what I was saying flew COMPLETELY over your head...

Okay it's not the most manly thing but still Pokemon is 60% a boys game
#41 Posted: 17:52:39 08/01/2014
DISCLAIMER: Please note that approximately 86.3479207% of statistics are pulled out of one's ass. :V
---
#42 Posted: 17:54:33 08/01/2014
DISCLAIMER: Please note that approximately 86.3479207% of statistics are pulled out of one's ass. :V

What?
#43 Posted: 19:05:23 08/01/2014

I'm not saying girls can't play it but it's a boys game the Skylanders are all boy related even the girls tell did you ever hear a bunch of girls saying they want to be a lava barfing monster are a ninja skunk that farts to kill his enemy's are a roller skating saw throwing melee fighting vampier (Roller Brawl) and don't say girl portal masters we know that they want to but other girls that don't play Skylanders point made and you can't say I'm making this up Skylanders is 85/100% a boys game

I'm a girl and I love Skylanders except for a good chunk of Swap Force,which doesn't include beating evil guys with Roller Brawl which is awesome.I also read several posts from girls mentioning how their favorite character is one you wouldn't expect from a girl.
You ARE making this up because these aren't exact statistics.Again,before you go throwing around that 60% of X happens in Y,do research,start a poll,whatever. Reason why people use 'a good chunk' or 'the majority' or similar words instead of exact numbers.
And if we really need to discuss Pokémon being a boy franchise,let me tell you that you didn't specificy games(spinoffs,main games),anime,manga or merchandise,or fandom and people who actually play the game, and there's definately a difference in the boys to girls ratio between all those things.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:06:12 08/01/2014 by Bifrost
#44 Posted: 19:22:59 08/01/2014
WHAT THE HECK! Stu*id bully I'm so sorry guys this wasn't me so sorry smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:23:44 17/01/2014 by SkylandersGamer
#45 Posted: 20:49:30 08/01/2014
[User Posted Image]

The direction of anything can change in an instant...
---
#46 Posted: 22:37:07 08/01/2014
SkylandersGamer: I use a password generator called PasswordSafe. All you have to do is remember the password for it and store all your others in the program. It will also generate secure passwords for you that are difficult to hack.

But, wow, what a weird hack. XD "I'm going to sneak into this person's account and...defend the patriarchy unnecessarily with made up examples revolving around a kids' video game series!" XD
#47 Posted: 23:33:19 08/01/2014
WHAT THE ******* ***** these god dam hackers I'm so sorry guys this wasn't me I've been in school all day so sorry :(

Does anyone have any ideas for passwords plz help

Your IP address doesn't agree with this statement. >.>
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8733
#48 Posted: 23:41:58 08/01/2014
I want to see a space level.
#49 Posted: 23:42:52 08/01/2014
Quote: somePerson
I want to see a space level.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me