Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
WORST Spyro Game? [CLOSED]
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#101 Posted: 22:37:02 05/09/2013
Quote: TorchSheep
Quote: Jaggedstar
I'm now gonna have to say Shadow Legacy as well as whatever else I put.

*smashes Nintendo*

Hooray! Member of the club alert! ._.

How is it Nintendo's fault that Shadow Legacy was so bland and boring? <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#102 Posted: 20:01:13 06/09/2013
Quote: HIR
I'm now gonna have to say Shadow Legacy as well as whatever else I put.

*smashes Nintendo*

Hooray! Member of the club alert! ._.

How is it Nintendo's fault that Shadow Legacy was so bland and boring? <.<

Maybe cuz the console sucks? It doesn't in my own opinion, but that could be one explanation.
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
#103 Posted: 20:14:38 06/09/2013
The DS is awesome, though. <.>
---
#104 Posted: 20:16:58 06/09/2013
The DS is awesome, though. <.>

I know, I agree.
I'm just thinking, maybe not everyone else does?
---
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#105 Posted: 03:17:40 07/09/2013
I know this would sound stupid but:

Could be the RPG elements? I mean, it was something new in the Spyro series, but I think the people didn't like it at all because they were used to play the classic style gameplay.

Don't get me wrong, I like this game (Actually, it's my number 6 of my favorite Spyro games)
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#106 Posted: 09:03:11 07/09/2013 | Topic Creator
It's not like the DS can't handle a great RPG. (i.e. Bowser's Inside Story, Black/White) So it's definilty not the consoles fault.
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
#107 Posted: 16:19:03 07/09/2013
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Darchangel
Maybe cuz the console sucks? It doesn't in my own opinion, but that could be one explanation.

I don't really think that's the case and I really doubt it.

I think it's mostly because of the gameplay, since that's what I hear people complain about the most when it comes to Shadow Legacy.
I can't judge it myself, since I've never played it, but that's what I've heard. *shrugs*

It's not like the DS can't handle a great RPG. (i.e. Bowser's Inside Story, Black/White) So it's definilty not the consoles fault.

Again, I'm not blaming the console.
As a matter of fact though, I personally think it's the developer's fault if they can't make a good game for the DS.
You just gotta admit, there aren't a lot of good Nintendo exclusive Spyro games.

Regardless, there is no reason to smash Nintendo.
---
#108 Posted: 17:46:31 07/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75

I don't really think that's the case and I really doubt it.

I think it's mostly because of the gameplay, since that's what I hear people complain about the most when it comes to Shadow Legacy.
I can't judge it myself, since I've never played it, but that's what I've heard. *shrugs*

Again, I'm not blaming the console.
As a matter of fact though, I personally think it's the developer's fault if they can't make a good game for the DS.
You just gotta admit, there aren't a lot of good Nintendo exclusive Spyro games.

Regardless, there is no reason to smash Nintendo.

Well I think Season of Ice was a pretty good Nintendo exclusive Spyro game... apart from that though. >.>
---
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#109 Posted: 18:12:55 07/09/2013
Shadow Legacy would probably be awesome on PS2
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#110 Posted: 19:27:13 07/09/2013 | Topic Creator

With a few adjustments, it could yeah.
---
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#111 Posted: 19:38:27 07/09/2013
A lot of people said Skylanders...

Um.. from what I have played...

Spyro 2-I like the first and third ones better.
---
#112 Posted: 19:55:50 07/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: wreckingballbob

Play more Spyro games man. smilie
---
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#113 Posted: 20:31:56 07/09/2013

Especially with voice over
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#114 Posted: 23:02:44 07/09/2013

Especially with voice over

Not with Spyro just making grunting noises smilie
#115 Posted: 03:41:38 08/09/2013

Even after you finally manage to get 40 orbs and defeat Ripto? <.<
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#116 Posted: 08:43:43 08/09/2013
I thought that Spyro: Adventure or Attack of the Rhynocs was meant to be the best one for the Nintendo?
#117 Posted: 09:19:32 08/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I thought that Spyro: Adventure or Attack of the Rhynocs was meant to be the best one for the Nintendo?

Probably, I personally prefer Season of Ice. Maybe I need to try 'Adventure' again.
---
#118 Posted: 09:52:32 08/09/2013

Probably, I personally prefer Season of Ice. Maybe I need to try 'Adventure' again.

I don't know, it's only been rumoured to me.
I've played Season of Ice, it's alright, I just get lost most of the time.
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#119 Posted: 13:04:55 08/09/2013
I'll probably have to say The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon; though I am basing this on memory, as I haven't played the game for some time now. I'll have to replay the game at some point in the near future before being certain about my negative experience with that game, else I'm just being unfair.

If it turns out that Dawn of the Dragon is better than I remember it to be, my least favorite game in any Spyro series would have to be Enter the Dragonfly. Though I did enjoy the game when I was younger, I can't overlook the faults any more. Back then, I was naive and ignorant, and refused to admit to the game's flaws. Nowadays I see it as a problematic game. It's just bad.

Still, I'm relying on memory, and can't be 100% certain.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#120 Posted: 13:48:30 08/09/2013
Quote: SamXala

Even after you finally manage to get 40 orbs and defeat Ripto? <.<

I have only played 3 spyro games and 2 Skylanders games I will need to play more and then it want be my least favorite!
---
#121 Posted: 18:19:58 08/09/2013

I don't know, it's only been rumoured to me.
I've played Season of Ice, it's alright, I just get lost most of the time.

Adventure / Attack of the Rhynocs was a little confusing at the beginning, but it's okay..
---
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#122 Posted: 22:04:57 10/09/2013
This one.

The game just called "Spyro" on a cellphone where you dress fairies for a Ball. This game just sounds so "un-Spyro" like.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#123 Posted: 04:25:33 11/09/2013
^ Haha! If you want to count the mobile games, that's definitely the worst one, you don't even need to play it. smilie I've never played it though.

My least favourite would be Fusion. Not because it's a minigame collection, that's actually a decent idea, but because it's so repetitive and boring, plus had to link with Crash Fusion to get all the cards for no real reason... Actually... I'll tie Season of Ice with it because I just found that game unfairly hard, with wonky controls and awful isometric view smilie Season of Flame got the isometric view right, it's what Season of Ice should have been.
If you're counting mobile games, I also have to say ANB and TEN. They just weren't fun and the controls were uncomfortable. In fact, the only thing I liked was the Boss Rush in TEN mobile. I haven't played through them in so long so this opinion might not be fair, but they're so hard that I don't want to smilie (same problems as Season of Ice basically)
I'm going to tie all four of these games, three were just poorly designed, while the other, Season of Ice, has some nice level design but is fundamentally broken.

But if I have to, I like Fusion slightly more than Season of Ice, more than TEN mobile, more than ANB mobile, so overall A New Beginning on mobile is my least favourite Spyro game... I just remember Fusion the most, so...
mark879 Green Sparx Gems: 166
#124 Posted: 06:28:31 28/11/2013
You don't like Skylanders? OK, I have to admit I've only played two Spyro games and they're not even classics!
Skylanders Giants
Skylanders Swap Force

I don't have a least favourite, though, from what I've heard, I'd say 'Enter the Dragonfly'
---
Add me on Activate: sam634
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#125 Posted: 10:43:57 13/12/2013
Skylanders games I guess, considering I played Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure about halfway then stopped playing it. As much as I hate DOTD and dislike TEN, I still ended up finishing them because of the plot wanting me to know what happens.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12920
#126 Posted: 22:09:11 15/12/2013
I can't decide my least favourite overall, so I'll say my least favourites for each series.

Original series: It's a tie between Season of Ice and Fusion.
I don't like Season of Ice because I've always found it pretty hard to find all the gems and fairies and there's something about the levels that makes me get lost in them pretty easily.
I don't like Fusion because it wasn't how I expected it to be. I was hoping it would be just a normal Spyro platformer with Crash Bandicoot characters, but instead it's just minigames and trading cards.

Legend of Spyro series: I can't decide, they're all bad in they're own way. But if I had to choose one, I would say A New Beginning. The gameplay was too boring and repetitive and I hate how in all LoS games, it costs mp just to use your flame breath.

Skylanders series: Giants
It didn't have many changes to Spyro's Adventure and the Giants don't really play a much significant role in the main story other than appearing in an opening cutscene as well only being needed for the feat of strengths if you're trying to get 100%.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:19:53 19/12/2013 by alicecarp
Hawaii Five o Blue Sparx Gems: 734
#127 Posted: 21:51:40 17/12/2013
spyro does look like stitch! i saw dawn of the dragon is the worst the controls suck and so do most of the way u use the powers!
---
~A true artist can never create his or her GOOD creations twice, but they may create their bad ones more~
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10445
#128 Posted: 18:38:47 19/12/2013
I have come to new terms with my least favourite Spyro game. It is actually not anymore the notorious glitch compilation called Enter the Dragonfly. The new reigning bottom place holder is Dawn of the Dragon. This is simply because I do not have any particular enthusiasm and reasons why to play it. I play it just because I've always used to play it after ANB and TEN in my traditional play-all-the-Spyro-games marathons. I mean that ETD has somewhat interesting features and bits in actual walkthrough of the game which makes me actually interested in playing the game. DotD is just necessary evil in the whole Spyro marathon process.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Spyrofan12345 Blue Sparx Gems: 832
#129 Posted: 00:36:52 22/12/2013
imo, Shadow Legacy was the worst. I sold it years ago.
---
Original trilogy obsessor~
#130 Posted: 11:17:39 22/12/2013
I don't really like handheld games anymore to be honest, and haven't played them since I was maybe five or six, briefly played Spyro: Season of Ice with a friend a few years ago. But, all I ever want to play is console games; PS, PS2 and PS3. And I don't really have a big library of games that I really enjoy either.

The worst one in the original trilogy practically goes without saying, which is Spyro 4.
#131 Posted: 12:45:47 22/12/2013 | Topic Creator
I mostly enjoyed SoI, it's just that damn isometric perspective was really annoying at times, I have no idea where I'm gliding. >:0
---
#132 Posted: 13:20:18 22/12/2013
I mostly enjoyed SoI, it's just that damn isometric perspective was really annoying at times, I have no idea where I'm gliding. >:0

Yep, I know this feeling, and I used to get lost in the levels for quite a bit as well, so it took me even longer than necessary to fully complete a level which in the end, just became frustrating.
PokeSpyro36 Green Sparx Gems: 277
#133 Posted: 13:55:37 22/12/2013
Quote: Project_Unnamed
I have come to new terms with my least favourite Spyro game. It is actually not anymore the notorious glitch compilation called Enter the Dragonfly. The new reigning bottom place holder is Dawn of the Dragon. This is simply because I do not have any particular enthusiasm and reasons why to play it. I play it just because I've always used to play it after ANB and TEN in my traditional play-all-the-Spyro-games marathons. I mean that ETD has somewhat interesting features and bits in actual walkthrough of the game which makes me actually interested in playing the game. DotD is just necessary evil in the whole Spyro marathon process.

I agree with you
---
Cookies :3
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#134 Posted: 01:23:31 23/12/2013
Hm, I think I'm gonna go with Eternal Night, tbh.

The issue with it for me was that huge portions of it was just a copy of A New Beginning. I loved ANB, not only for the plot, which was actually really good, but for the game play. The bosses were fun to fight, as well as the minions, and it just... was fun, I guess? And I loved the looks of the levels, too.

But then TEN was... exactly? The same? There are differences, of course, but, for example (forgive me, I don't remember the names OTL) there was the train in ANB. Then in TEN there was the shark pirate ship (in the arena) that was nearly identical strategy-wise.... And all of the bosses felt like that to some extent. Maybe it was supposed to be like that, like... to make all of the series feel connected both plot and game play wise, but to me it just made it boring and predictable.

My other big issue was the minor changes to Spyro's breathing abilities. Ice was my absolute favorite ability in ANB, and the changes made to it in TEN were really, really disappointing. Earth, too, if I remember correctly. Oh, and I hated the sequences where you were just sort of locked up until you defeated all of the enemies. I guess I hated them in ANB too, but I almost stopped playing altogether because of 'em in TEN.

Yeah, idk, they're minor complains, but they just made the game really... not fun for me...

I guess Enter the Dragonfly is really bad too (especially characterization wise imo) but the glitchiness actually kinda makes it fun x3
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
S-ko Green Sparx Gems: 115
#135 Posted: 17:32:38 24/12/2013
Ive only played the first three Spyro games and ETD.
ETD was weird and did not have the same feel as the first three ones. I noticed that as a little girl.
Today I use it for finding glitches. Theres so many of them that i never finished writing them down!
---
Silence says it all.
BlueThunderfan Blue Sparx Gems: 926
#136 Posted: 04:41:30 27/12/2013
Shadow Legacy. No doubt in my mind.
---
Sleeping is Dumb!
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#137 Posted: 17:09:50 31/12/2013
Least favorite... Spyro Fusion. Not a fan of mini game-based games.

Also, The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning. I don't know why, but I found it so tedious and boring, and the story wasn't my cup of tea. I enjoyed TEN, and DotD I came to like a little (glitches FTW), but ANB? I just... Can't enjoy it.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12920
#138 Posted: 17:50:58 31/12/2013

Yep, I know this feeling, and I used to get lost in the levels for quite a bit as well, so it took me even longer than necessary to fully complete a level which in the end, just became frustrating.

That's exactly why SoI is one of my least favourites. I hate how when you die, the items you have to flame reset and you have to spend hours going around the level to flame them again and try to find the ones you've missed. It doesn't help that there are no checkpoints in that game either.
S P Y R O Blue Sparx Gems: 953
#139 Posted: 19:31:06 01/01/2014
Worst game i've played: I think I like them all!
Worst game I've seen: looks like probably one of the classics. People are gonna hate me for saying this, but the classics are noting more than games. Their stories don't have much plot to them but that's just my opinion. I find tlos has an amazing plot line, wow, it would have made a stunning movie. Dark masters? Purple dragons? Battles? Love it. I think I've gone off topic smilie
---
Spyro is cool, Spyro is cool. Anyone doesn't think Spyro's cool, must be a banana. smilie smilie
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#140 Posted: 05:15:16 02/01/2014
Quote: Queen_Cynder
Hm, I think I'm gonna go with Eternal Night, tbh.

The issue with it for me was that huge portions of it was just a copy of A New Beginning. I loved ANB, not only for the plot, which was actually really good, but for the game play. The bosses were fun to fight, as well as the minions, and it just... was fun, I guess? And I loved the looks of the levels, too.

But then TEN was... exactly? The same? There are differences, of course, but, for example (forgive me, I don't remember the names OTL) there was the train in ANB. Then in TEN there was the shark pirate ship (in the arena) that was nearly identical strategy-wise.... And all of the bosses felt like that to some extent. Maybe it was supposed to be like that, like... to make all of the series feel connected both plot and game play wise, but to me it just made it boring and predictable.

My other big issue was the minor changes to Spyro's breathing abilities. Ice was my absolute favorite ability in ANB, and the changes made to it in TEN were really, really disappointing. Earth, too, if I remember correctly. Oh, and I hated the sequences where you were just sort of locked up until you defeated all of the enemies. I guess I hated them in ANB too, but I almost stopped playing altogether because of 'em in TEN.

Yeah, idk, they're minor complains, but they just made the game really... not fun for me...

I guess Enter the Dragonfly is really bad too (especially characterization wise imo) but the glitchiness actually kinda makes it fun x3

I agree with everything here. And since I consider Skylanders not related to Spyro, but just has Spyro characters in it, I guess it means I dislike TEN the most, and DOTD too. But I've never played any of the handheld games.

I'm a person who is probably known to hate TLOS, but to be honest, I do reckon ANB is quite a good game despite all it's flaws (which are in all the TLOS games, such the combat system and Spyro's horrid new 'emo' personality, lack of female characters, etc). My problem is that TLOS had quite a lot of greatness going for it: ANB was a good start and the plot had potential to turn into something great, but TEN and DOTD just did not do it right at all. And like what Queen_Cynder said, TEN was just a copy (but with a much darker tone, literally as well), which made the overall experience boring. The only thing in TEN I truly enjoyed was the second fight with Gaul, where Spyro is 'Dark/Evil/Corrupted/whatever Spyro' and the addition of controlling time.

I also hated the way the elements were handled in TEN, since I found most of the attacks hard to use in combat. And I hate the Furies too, which were brilliant and epic to watch in ANB (especially once fully powered), but weren't in TEN.

And those areas were you couldn't proceed further until you've defeated all enemies was a terrible experience in TEN. I remember one of the stages near the end of the game was so hard I was forced to not directly fight the enemies, but cheat by attacking them from a distance instead of facing them. It's wasn't the difficulty that makes these moments a horrid experience, but because most of the elements were terrible combined with the crappy combat system, and as a result made the experience not fun, but boring, suffering and annoying. At least ANB's elements were great in combat so these stages weren't as suffering.

DOTD was terrible, but funny thing is, the game was actually a better experience for me than TEN. Although it had heaps of flaws that made me cringe (Cynder replacing Sparx, Cynder in general, creating plot-holes, etc), and the flying was a huge disappointment (hovering a few inches above the ground isn't flying. The flying involved in the classic Spyro games is true flying), it was still overall a more funner experience because the combat was different, it had co-op, it wasn't another copy, and it actually dealt with enemies better than both, ANB and TEN.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#141 Posted: 06:02:15 02/01/2014
Quote: DarkCynder_543
And I hate the Furies too, which were brilliant and epic to watch in ANB (especially once fully powered), but weren't in TEN.

I agree with most of your post, but this is the point that stood out/I could agree with the most. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the crappy furies in TEN. I used the furies all the time in ANB because I thought they were so pretty and entertaining. But the ones in TEN? Completely disappointing. I almost never used the furies in that game.
---
but i love it all smooth
S P Y R O Blue Sparx Gems: 953
#142 Posted: 11:39:44 02/01/2014
Really? I loved the furies in ten! And I didn't like the ones personally in ANB. The ones in ten were AWESOME!!!!
---
Spyro is cool, Spyro is cool. Anyone doesn't think Spyro's cool, must be a banana. smilie smilie
#143 Posted: 12:34:37 03/01/2014 | Topic Creator
I thought Fury breath was most effective in TEN.
---
#144 Posted: 13:14:50 03/01/2014
How come in other topics people say Skylanders isn't a Spyro game but in this one people have put Skylanders as the worse Spyro game. But it isn't a Spyro game.
---
#145 Posted: 14:05:28 03/01/2014 | Topic Creator
How come in other topics people say Skylanders isn't a Spyro game but in this one people have put Skylanders as the worse Spyro game. But it isn't a Spyro game.

*shrugs* People have different opinions on that subject I guess, there's no definitive answer anyway.
---
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#146 Posted: 14:06:57 03/01/2014

I suppose, I used them sometimes when surrounded by a bunch of annoying enemies (especially those dumb dog things) in TEN. I just didn't find them as nice to look at as the ones in ANB, so I didn't use them as much as I did in ANB. That's just me though smilie
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:07:27 03/01/2014 by LevanJess
#147 Posted: 03:57:50 04/01/2014

Correct. Because it consumed very little MP to dish out huge amounts of damage. On top of this, if you fired it from the air, you stayed airborne, allowing potential enemy attacks to miss you completely. And for the bosses you could use it for, it shaved their health bars down in seconds. Dark Spyro was extremely overpowered. But it was fun to use. Especially since otherwise, the combat is slower in TEN because your breath attacks aren't as ridiculously overpowered and simple to use as they are in ANB. <.<
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#148 Posted: 14:46:55 04/01/2014

Correct. Because it consumed very little MP to dish out huge amounts of damage. On top of this, if you fired it from the air, you stayed airborne, allowing potential enemy attacks to miss you completely. And for the bosses you could use it for, it shaved their health bars down in seconds. Dark Spyro was extremely overpowered. But it was fun to use. Especially since otherwise, the combat is slower in TEN because your breath attacks aren't as ridiculously overpowered and simple to use as they are in ANB. <.<

Not to mention they also are less of a 'thing colored after the element' shot from Spyro,unlike in ANB(specially the Earth breath which made no sense whatsoever). In TEN,the elemental breaths were an incentive to start fun combos and cause destruction in the most creative way possible - a sucessful Earth Flail and enemies wouldn't be able to touch you, a well aimed Ice shard would give you more than enough time to punch things until they were dead. And,of course,Comet Dashing for massive knockback and an awesome end to a string of attacks,which was so good that DOTD kept it in :U
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#149 Posted: 20:29:30 07/01/2014
I enjoyed Shadow Legacy, to be honest. Definitely not a perfect game, but I had fun with it.

Besides the obvious Enter the Dragonfly, I'd probably have to say Eternal Night. It really just frustrated me with all the button mashing and dying and repeating cutscenes. Barely anything happened in the story, either, as I recall.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me