Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Flight Rising Club SEVEN: Ice Yoshi Loves Bananas
First | Previous | Page 17 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 48 49 50
Flight Rising Club SEVEN: Ice Yoshi Loves Bananas [CLOSED]
Bash28 Blue Sparx Gems: 951
#801 Posted: 13:05:31 14/12/2013
<........>
---
"Points for bravery, Stiff."
Inuyashafan39 Gold Sparx Gems: 2752
#802 Posted: 13:14:37 14/12/2013
Ello! Idk got bored.
---
"We don't smile because good things happen. Good things happen because we smile..."
Spyro-Fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5325
#803 Posted: 13:48:53 14/12/2013
Quote: weebbby
^ We all have opinions. I don't necessarily mean Sony, but their game systems.

wtf playstation is da bomb i don't know what are you talking about cuz playstation eats xbox and wii for breakfast
#804 Posted: 13:49:14 14/12/2013
Hello ^.^

I was playing that game you said......
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#805 Posted: 13:50:41 14/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyro-Fan
^ We all have opinions. I don't necessarily mean Sony, but their game systems.

wtf playstation is da bomb i don't know what are you talking about cuz playstation eats xbox and wii for breakfast

PlayStation's exclusives suck. At least in my opinion. No offense.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:52:03 14/12/2013 by weebbby
#806 Posted: 13:52:27 14/12/2013
WII U IS AMAZING. XBOX IS SOOOOOO STUPID.
---
#807 Posted: 13:53:00 14/12/2013
Talking about hardware-wise, not game wise. :P
#808 Posted: 13:54:58 14/12/2013
Oh. Nvm then.

I like:
1st- Wii U
2nd- Xbox 360
3rd- Playstation.....(don't have one)
---
#809 Posted: 13:59:19 14/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Talking about hardware-wise, not game wise. smilie

I only care about the games. The hardware, Wii is best. PS and Xbox both suck immensely.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:59:47 14/12/2013 by weebbby
#810 Posted: 14:00:08 14/12/2013
I prefer Playstation since that's the only game console I've ever had, and it's great. Played Wii over my friend's house and it was a lot of fun since that thing makes you move, but I wouldn't like doing that every time. Other than Super Mario and Link, I don't know what other good games does Wii have. Maybe those Rabbits. I'm not counting Pokemon since they're milking that thing dry just to rip everybody off. PS3 has better exclusives to offer in my opinion.

Xbox, I'm not even going to talk about it. No need to. :|

Wii is far, far behind PS3 and Xbox 360 hardware-wise, let alone PS4 and Xbox One. Wii U is just barely stronger than PS3 and Xbox 360, now next-gen is going to beat it very quickly.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:01:44 14/12/2013 by Spyro-Fan
#811 Posted: 14:02:17 14/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Everyone likes different types of games, and I think the only good exclusive PS has is Ratchet&Clank.
Xbox - A few things, all dead series.
Wii - Quite a few, Zelda, Mario, others, and the controls.
#812 Posted: 14:05:08 14/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Everyone cares about hardware. Nothing about it matters. I hate the setup of PS and Xbox, but I would still play their exclusives if they had good ones. Graphics - Xb1 and PS4 have too high graphics. They hurt my eyes. The Wii has plenty fine graphics, it doesn't need to be better. Work on better games, not hardware, people.
#813 Posted: 14:07:44 14/12/2013
I think that Sony and Microsoft games are always like, Killing, Sports, and Racing games :I

Just my opinion......
---
Cynderfyre Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#814 Posted: 14:08:49 14/12/2013
I've never tried a PS3 or Xbox. I have a faithful old, slightly worn out PS2 and a Wii. I've never even tried another person's PS3 and I have no money for my own so I have no idea what one is like. I can imagine it being pretty good.

Just comes down to the fact that games wise, Nintendo are fairly often top of the range.

Also I'm really really bad at Mario Kart.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#815 Posted: 14:08:59 14/12/2013
Wii in my opinion, has more of kid-type games. It's more of a family console or just for kids/younger teens, but I still really enjoyed Super Mario. PS3 just seems more mature to me. I don't really have many exclusives except for Ratchet and Clank and Lair. Others look great too but I don't have money for them.
The controls on Wii are so messed up to me, compared to PS3. Looks like a remote control and Dualshock just feels better in my hands.

And I see nothing special with Xbox except for Kinect maybe. Another huge minus is that online gameplay is not free.

Sorry, but hardware does matter. If you want to play a beautiful looking game with many details, or just a large game, you will need a better hardware. Something that Wii just can't give you. Like full HD for example. I can't even imagine playing a game on non full HD anymore. It hurts my eyes a lot on my TV.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:11:08 14/12/2013 by Spyro-Fan
#816 Posted: 14:09:07 14/12/2013 | Topic Creator
^ This, and I don't care about that kind of games. And all of their games also have shorter storylines, if any.

EDIT: Double ninja'd.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:10:02 14/12/2013 by weebbby
#817 Posted: 14:11:07 14/12/2013
I like the kid games more.... IDK why. I just think they are more fun.....
---
#818 Posted: 14:11:36 14/12/2013 | Topic Creator
I just don't like shooter games, and that's all those consoles seem to have. I like the Wii controls because for some games you only have to use one hand, and PS and Xb controls are old-fashioned.
#819 Posted: 14:13:46 14/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Sorry, but hardware does matter. If you want to play a beautiful looking game with many details, or just a large game, you will need a better hardware. Something that Wii just can't give you. Like full HD for example. I can't even imagine playing a game on non full HD anymore. It hurts my eyes a lot on my TV.

No it doesn't. Graphics really don't matter, and the hardware on Wii supports larger games than that of Xb and PS. Full HD makes stuff look worse to me, and it hurts my eyes.
#820 Posted: 14:19:20 14/12/2013
Quote: Bash28
Hello ^.^

OH MY GOD DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW TO PLAY IT?! I NEED A MENTOR DESPERATELY.
---
"We don't smile because good things happen. Good things happen because we smile..."
#821 Posted: 14:19:29 14/12/2013
I don't actually know much about this matter.

All I can really say is there are a blend of features, graphics, gameplay, story, target audience blah de blah and not every one of them needs to be entirely up to scratch because if you do the other bits really, really well the game can be an absolute classic and enjoyed by a wide range of people. It all depends on the person and what they are looking for.

*Curls into a little ball and goes back to sleep*
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#822 Posted: 14:19:42 14/12/2013
There are so many non-shooter games on PS3. I can name a ton. The only shooter I have is Far Cry 3 and that one is so much different than Halo or CoD or what not.

However I see nothing old-fashioned with PS and Xbox controls. If the controls remained the same through all these years it means they did a damn good job with making a good joystick.

lol full hd makes stuff worse first time i ever hear this. I played Need for Speed Most Wanted on 450p which was terrible. I lost my sight on that thing. Switched to full HD, it's all incredibly clear, and my eyes never hurt.

Wii U needs to keep up hardware-wise if they want to support the games that PS4 and Xbox One will also have and run fluently without stuttering. Wii U maybe doesn't need a crazy hardware for Super Mario or other kid-type games, but I'd love to see it running Assassin's Creed 4 for example, with an outdated hardware. Its frame rate would drop significantly compared to PS4 or Xbox One. It's like saying ''gonna play Assassin's Creed on my PS1''.
#823 Posted: 14:22:22 14/12/2013
Quote: Inuyashafan39
Hello ^.^

OH MY GOD DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW TO PLAY IT?! I NEED A MENTOR DESPERATELY.

I have noooooo clue. What character did you get!? I got that huge rock golem thingy.....

I played the tutorial?
---
#824 Posted: 14:23:30 14/12/2013
On topic, what's up FR?
#825 Posted: 14:24:28 14/12/2013
Idk?

I haven't been on all week....
---
#826 Posted: 14:27:11 14/12/2013
Maintenance has been going all of yesterday and some of the day before that hasn't it?
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#827 Posted: 14:27:25 14/12/2013
FR is still under maintenance.

Bash, I used the elf assassin in the tutorial.

I'm trying to figure out 3 v 3s.
---
#828 Posted: 14:29:02 14/12/2013 | Topic Creator
There are so many non-shooter games on PS3. I can name a ton. The only shooter I have is Far Cry 3 and that one is so much different than Halo or CoD or what not.
Name one.
However I see nothing old-fashioned with PS and Xbox controls. If the controls remained the same through all these years it means they did a damn good job with making a good joystick.
Exactly my point, remained the same the whole time.
lol full hd makes stuff worse first time i ever hear this. I played Need for Speed Most Wanted on 450p which was terrible. I lost my sight on that thing. Switched to full HD, it's all incredibly clear, and my eyes never hurt.
My eyes hurt from HD. Everyone's eyes are different.
Wii U needs to keep up hardware-wise if they want to support the games that PS4 and Xbox One will also have and run fluently without stuttering. Wii U maybe doesn't need a crazy hardware for Super Mario or other kid-type games, but I'd love to see it running Assassin's Creed 4 for example, with an outdated hardware. Its frame rate would drop significantly compared to PS4 or Xbox One. It's like saying ''gonna play Assassin's Creed on my PS1''.

And to the last one: Wii U can already support bigger games more fluently with less stuttering than PS4 and Xb1.
#829 Posted: 14:43:08 14/12/2013
Yeah. No one is on....
---
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#830 Posted: 14:45:40 14/12/2013
Name one.

And to the last one: Wii U can already support bigger games more fluently with less stuttering than PS4 and Xb1.

PS4 and Xbox One use Blu Ray disks that have more storage so they will always have much bigger games than the Wii U so it's not really that comparable, also the Wii U had lag problems at launch and still does with some games so uhhhhhhh.

Also to the naming thing-
Ratchet and Clank series
Blazblue series
Little Big Planet
God of War series
Final fantasy series
Heavenly Sword
Ni No Kuni
Beyond Two Souls
Sly Cooper series
Metal Gear Solid 4 (not 100% sure on if this counts)
Catherine
Okami
Deus Ex Human Revolution (not 100% sure on if this counts)
Rayman Origins
Alice Madness Returns
Twisted Metal series
DMC series
The Tales of series
I could type much more.
ANYWAY, I came here because Flight Rising is down not to discuss vidya.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:46:10 14/12/2013 by arceustheprime
#831 Posted: 14:45:49 14/12/2013 | Topic Creator
There are 167 people online: 139 Guests and 28 Members (5 private).
I'm one of them.
#832 Posted: 14:47:14 14/12/2013
- Wii U doesn't have Blu-Ray
- It has only 2GB RAM compared to PS4 and Xbox One that have 8GB RAM.
- Weaker GPU (320 shaders compared to PS4's 1152, or, 0,32 teraFlops compared to PS4's 1,84 Teraflops)
- Only 3 core processor. PS4 and XBox One have 8 cores.
- Significantly smaller storage. 32GB Flash compared to 500GB SATA hard drive, which you can upgrade up to 3TB if you wish.
- You can't upgrade storage on Wii U unlike with PS4.
- No subscription service.

I don't see the problem with that they didn't change the control. Why change something if it's still good?

As for the games, Ratchet and Clank, AC franchise, Need for Speed, Final Fantasy, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo, GTA (not a first-person shooter), Prince of Persia, Blob, Darksiders, etc etc. Not all are exclusives, obviously, but they're not FPS either. I can't name all the games by heart, but there are many more third-person games instead of FP ones.
#833 Posted: 14:51:54 14/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: arceustheprime
Name one.

PS4 and Xbox One use Blu Ray disks that have more storage so they will always have much bigger games than the Wii U so it's not really that comparable, also the Wii U had lag problems at launch and still does with some games so uhhhhhhh.

Also to the naming thing-
Ratchet and Clank series (no, it is kind of)
Little Big Planet (maybe)
Sly Cooper series (kind of)
Catherine (not exclusive)
Okami (not exclusive)
Rayman Origins (not exclusive)

Let me add /fighter to the shooter. That leaves that, with the parentheses my notes.
#834 Posted: 14:53:24 14/12/2013 | Topic Creator
- Wii U doesn't have Blu-Ray
- It has only 2GB RAM compared to PS4 and Xbox One that have 8GB RAM.
- Weaker GPU (320 shaders compared to PS4's 1152, or, 0,32 teraFlops compared to PS4's 1,84 Teraflops)
- Only 3 core processor. PS4 and XBox One have 8 cores.
- Significantly smaller storage. 32GB Flash compared to 500GB SATA hard drive, which you can upgrade up to 3TB if you wish.
- You can't upgrade storage on Wii U unlike with PS4.
- No subscription service.

I don't see the problem with that they didn't change the control. Why change something if it's still good?

As for the games, Ratchet and Clank, AC franchise, Need for Speed, Final Fantasy, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo, GTA (not a first-person shooter), Prince of Persia, Blob, Darksiders, etc etc. Not all are exclusives, obviously, but they're not FPS either. I can't name all the games by heart, but there are many more third-person games instead of FP ones.

I see no problems for what you mentioned, and will go through some of those games soon. And I meant exclusives, and shooter does not mean First person shooter.
#835 Posted: 14:57:53 14/12/2013
Well, now, we can continue to be fussy about game genre until we're down to puzzles or something...

Wii U and Wii also have action/fighter games. They all do. It's become more popular so many people are going to make those games. Also, don't forget about the games that PS Store offers you. There are many, many non fighter games that are just plain beautiful. Like Flower (I think it's called like that?) and Journey.
#836 Posted: 15:02:28 14/12/2013
oh well let's double post

And again, many people are making such action games nowadays, it's really hard to see new kid-like games now. Sony is making such exclusives for PS3/4 because their customers like those games, so of course they'll make such titles. We all know that people who buy Wii want those old-school, kid-type stuff, so Nintendo is going to head that way, instead of making carnage games or something.

In other words, to you, Wii (U) is better, but realistically and from an objective perspective, it really isn't. When it comes to games, it's all about the preference. You can't judge an entire console just because it has more FPS titles than your favourite console, that's a subjective matter.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:03:24 14/12/2013 by Spyro-Fan
#837 Posted: 15:06:24 14/12/2013 | Topic Creator
But there are also consumers who don't care whatsoever for that kind of games. Also, Nintendo will still continue the good series they have, and will make some fighters too, to have a good range. And some people would be not able to get anything from the PS Store.
To me, I only prefer Wii U because of exclusives, being all that matters. The main reason others judge PS and Xb is because of exclusives as well. A lot of people care nothing about the console itself, like me, and just care about the games. Therefore, you can judge the entire console based on games.
#838 Posted: 15:12:18 14/12/2013
@weebbby- I was talking to Inuyasha
---
#839 Posted: 15:13:24 14/12/2013
I still don't see how can you judge the entire console for its games. It's all about the preference. Some people like fighters, some people like RPG, and so on and forth. I believe that Playstation has all those and much more, only if you explore a little bit. PS4 is still fresh, so they don't have that many games, but in future they'll most likely have a ton of non-fighter/shooter games, like PS3.

And then again, PS4 is much stronger than Wii U and costs only a few dollars more, so of course I'll go for PS4. It'll last for as long as PS3 while Wii U will be falling behind. Nintendo priced their console that much just because of its name. Like Apple. They know they're popular and their name is well known, so let's use that and raise the price.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:14:35 14/12/2013 by Spyro-Fan
#840 Posted: 15:16:52 14/12/2013 | Topic Creator
You can judge it by the games based on preference when a lot of people care nothing about the hardware, just the games. PS and Xb may be able to run larger games, but they don't. The Wii/U have larger games, even if PS and Xb can run larger ones.
#841 Posted: 15:17:50 14/12/2013
But there are also consumers who don't care whatsoever for that kind of games. Also, Nintendo will still continue the good series they have, and will make some fighters too, to have a good range. And some people would be not able to get anything from the PS Store.
To me, I only prefer Wii U because of exclusives, being all that matters. The main reason others judge PS and Xb is because of exclusives as well. A lot of people care nothing about the console itself, like me, and just care about the games. Therefore, you can judge the entire console based on games.

And some people can't get anything from the Virtual Store, also PSN is available in far more countries than the Virtual Store.
Sky Airglow Yellow Sparx Gems: 1136
#842 Posted: 15:17:53 14/12/2013
Waht waht just happened while I was alseep

Anyways, uh, I'm not sure I can talk on yours guys' levels, but-

Wii U~ Pretty cool so far. We don't have many games for it, but the graphics are smooth and in some games, very colorful. The tablet is actually pretty cool, and I'm sure families of 5 or more are happy to be able to have 5 playing at a time (my family is only of 4), although I don't find myself using it much, it is a nice touch (think Nintendo Land's Balloon Trip). I really enjoy Miiverse, TBH. :F But... Is it just me or are not many games out? It might just be my family... We don't have many games at all. But I'm afraid it's like when 3DS came out. Awesome device, no games for it. At all. There wasn't even a Mario game out at it's release! So I guess I can't totally rate it yet...? But I do love still being able to play Wii games, even if it meant we had to sell all of our Gamecube ones... And now we can't play the old software we had bought on our Wii because it needs a GameCube controller... But at least we can play our old Wii games until we get some good Wii U games when they finally come out...

Xbox 360~ Really a system with it's ups and downs. Kinect is awesome, if you have it. I don't even know what it's exclusives even are. But I have always liked it for being able to play Viva PiƱata games, none of which are on any other system (other than a small DS game, how I got into the series) but honestly, that series is dead and has been, even if I still play it's games. It's also the console I have gotten all of the Skylanders games on. Swap-Force's graphics took some getting used too... The old characters felt really far away, and it was hard to see. I guess I assume other have this problem though... But those two games and Kinect are the only reason we have one. I think I like it a little more than Playstation.

Playstation 3~ Okay, this system I like for two things; the two legacies known as Little Big Planet an Sonic '06. ( you can get it on other systems but mine is Playstation) Little Big Planet is just a really amazing game, full of creativity and good replay IMO. Sonic '06 is so awful, I love it. But that's not te point. I feel it's really full of shooter games, and it's other exclusives? Yeah, never really heard/played. Ever. But it can play Blu-Ray and do other things, so that is a big plus. I can't say much else, really, but my bro and step-dad (sometimes) play COD Ghosts, and they hate the new graphics. They're too much, worse than even Swap-Force at first. My step-dad doesn't even play anymore, that's how awful. So I guess this is the bottom of the 3 for me.

~

Like I said, I don't know enough to have a good conversation with you guys, but I'll just throw it out there. ~_~"

1st- Wii U
2nd- Xbox 360
3rd- Playstation 3
#843 Posted: 15:18:43 14/12/2013
@weebbby- I was talking to Inuyasha

I join battles, then people leave. I feel hated. I wish I could find a mentor. Maybe I can friend you on there, Bash.
---
#844 Posted: 15:19:28 14/12/2013 | Topic Creator

And some people can't get anything from the Virtual Store, also PSN is available in far more countries than the Virtual Store.

Not my point at all. More people would be able to use the Wii Shop Channel than PSN. (not related to my point)
#845 Posted: 15:26:18 14/12/2013

Not my point at all. More people would be able to use the Wii Shop Channel than PSN. (not related to my point)

PSN is available in 63, the Virtual Store (just realized it's called the eshop now eeeeeh) is only available in 25 countries, besides you clearly mentioned it in your post so I decided to correct it.
#846 Posted: 15:29:22 14/12/2013 | Topic Creator
I clearly mentioned that some can't get anything from PSN, I said nothing about the eShop. And still, more people would be able to use eShop than those who can use PSN.
#847 Posted: 15:30:46 14/12/2013
I clearly mentioned that some can't get anything from PSN, I said nothing about the eShop. And still, more people would be able to use eShop than those who can use PSN.

plz explain
Sky Airglow Yellow Sparx Gems: 1136
#848 Posted: 15:32:34 14/12/2013
I feel like an outsider not being able to debate... ^~^"

Carry on.

*whistling if I could*
#849 Posted: 15:32:35 14/12/2013
You can judge it by the games based on preference when a lot of people care nothing about the hardware, just the games. PS and Xb may be able to run larger games, but they don't. The Wii/U have larger games, even if PS and Xb can run larger ones.

You still fail to see my point.

Stop looking at the console from a subjective perspective, but from an objective perspective.

If somebody prefers Nintedo-style games, they'll buy Wii U.
If somebody prefers fighters, shooters, action, adventure and all sort of other things, they'll go for PS3 or PS4.

With games, once again, and I cannot stress this enough, it is all about the preference. You can't say that Philips is better than Samsung just because Philips has, I dunno, round edges on their monitors which you like. While Samsung has thousands of stuff that are 10x better than Philips. (Using these two brands as a random example).

But if you look at the bare console, without games, PS4 and Xbox One dominate over Wii U. It doesn't matter if you or somebody else cares or does not care about the hardware. It is the truth.

Game-wise, Nintendo is competitive with Sony or Microsoft, because they keep sticking to their Pokemons, Super Mario and other franchises that people like, and I believe that is the only reason why people go for Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft have a wider range of game genres, but most game makers stick with action games because that's currently what most people want.

And I don't understand that sentence, ''PS4 and XBox may be able to run large games, but they don't.''. Explain that to me, because they're right now running really demanding games.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:35:31 14/12/2013 by Spyro-Fan
#850 Posted: 15:33:05 14/12/2013 | Topic Creator
*looks up how to get stuff from PS Store*
nvm, it's probably about equal, even with the country differences.
First | Previous | Page 17 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me