Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > NEW Frito Lay promo: Swap Force Pumpkin (?) Fright Rider
First | Previous | Page 7 of 15 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15
NEW Frito Lay promo: Swap Force Pumpkin (?) Fright Rider [CLOSED]
mordelack Green Sparx Gems: 483
#301 Posted: 14:13:53 14/10/2013
Sadly, I am nyc area
---
Regular figures: 100% Variant figures: 100% Working on Chase Variants.
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#302 Posted: 14:47:59 14/10/2013
i called today. The customer service person told me that my 4 codes were in the system and that I'd get an email soon. But she would not just give me a code over the phone.
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
johnsonsteven86 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1563
#303 Posted: 22:58:13 14/10/2013
If any of you plan on posting on ebay shoot me a pm first please.
---
WTB: Frito-lay Hotdog as cheap as possible
j32bass Yellow Sparx Gems: 1842
#304 Posted: 23:00:42 14/10/2013
Finally they found me in the system today and gave me my codes over the phone! Hang in there people, that wait stunk really bad, but we got one!
---
Thinkin' 'bout droppin' out.
Ackis Green Sparx Gems: 354
#305 Posted: 01:15:14 15/10/2013
Quote: LloydDXZX
Still need the giant kick here in canada and another promo is here! smilie But he's cool!

We never really got a decent way to get the first 4 sidekicks. smilie
spyroj Green Sparx Gems: 360
#306 Posted: 15:28:15 15/10/2013
Quote: TheGooch
Has anybody had any luck giving their mail in codes to someone else? I'm not advertising or asking. I am just wondering. I sent out 12 postcards and only really want 2. I didn't realize that pretty much every entry is a winner.

I am wondering the same thing.

Clearly the codes are tied to the individual, that's why customer service can look you up to see if you sent in and then give you YOUR code.

So, is that code tied to YOU and YOUR home address? Or, can I give any of my extra codes away and not worry about it messing me or the other person up?

p.s.
I'm amazed that some of you mailed in for just 1 code for a random winner.

I thought it'd be MUCH harder to win, so I sent in for 20 codes thinking it'll cost me $10 which is what I would pay for a figure anyway.
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#307 Posted: 16:20:06 15/10/2013
Yesterday I gave 2 codes to a friend. Ones I called in for. First one lost, second one won. She just entered in her information when she claimed her prize.

I don't know how much they're really 'tied' to your info. Don't you think maybe the computer, when your information is entered in while you're on the phone, just randomly generates a code?
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:20:33 15/10/2013 by Kesrael
spyroj Green Sparx Gems: 360
#308 Posted: 18:03:48 15/10/2013
Quote: Kesrael

I don't know how much they're really 'tied' to your info. Don't you think maybe the computer, when your information is entered in while you're on the phone, just randomly generates a code?

Considering they are taking the step to record in a computer system all this info, I pity the poor data entry soul btw, the paranoid guy in me would think they'd also have a column for which code they gave to which person.

Of course as I type that out I realize they couldn't do something like that for the chip packets, so it probably is free to use. I'd just hate to have leftover codes, give them away to others, and then not end up with the figure I won because of conflicting info.
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#309 Posted: 03:29:27 16/10/2013
I just won. I was thinking that I would never get one. Good luck to all those that are waiting.
cybrwzrd Red Sparx Gems: 50
#310 Posted: 19:18:21 16/10/2013
I mailed in for a bunch of codes thinking it would be difficult to win. Is a code drop against the rules?
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#311 Posted: 20:18:37 16/10/2013
Fyi....I called today and sais I hadn't received my emailed cases as they had said I would last week. So..he said they hadnt been sent yet but he would go ahead and personally email me the 4 codes and cancel them from being automatically emailed. I checked my email and I got it within 5 minutes.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#312 Posted: 04:25:58 17/10/2013
Quote: shelly9871
Fyi....I called today and sais I hadn't received my emailed cases as they had said I would last week. So..he said they hadnt been sent yet but he would go ahead and personally email me the 4 codes and cancel them from being automatically emailed. I checked my email and I got it within 5 minutes.

They did the same for me. 2 for 2 so far.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#313 Posted: 04:31:58 17/10/2013
Checked a few other stores today, nothing. i give on finding these in stores, hopefully my entries get there soon.
CTFdad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1439
#314 Posted: 04:34:49 17/10/2013
Late to game (as usual) how is everyone getting codes?
---
"Shut up and take my money already!"
#315 Posted: 04:38:44 17/10/2013
Send in 3x5 card through Snail Mail. It will take up to 4 weeks to process your cards.
See Post #94 for info.
nonresponsive Green Sparx Gems: 110
#316 Posted: 06:30:17 17/10/2013
Nothing at Walmart or Target stores near me. Just the mummy and frankenstein bags.
#317 Posted: 11:14:49 17/10/2013
I found swap force bags at walmart yesterday. It has a 10 dollar off coupon and 5 dollar gift card if redeemed at walmart
---
#318 Posted: 12:40:59 17/10/2013
Sorry if I missed it. Has any been found around columbia, sc? Thats the closest kroger to me and a 3 hour round trip.
---
ds8466 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1365
#319 Posted: 12:42:55 17/10/2013
I gave up last week and just went ahead and mailed in for a code. I just hope I get it before the promotion is over...I don't even want to think about how much gas I wasted driving around looking for these stupid chip bags!
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#320 Posted: 17:21:05 17/10/2013
Well for those who are asking about seeing them, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is a "Kroger only" variant. Maybe I've missed it, but form everything I've read the only people who have ever seen one of these bags are those who have a grocery store owned by Kroger near them. Those of us who don't (like me) are out of luck I believe.

Since I'm on the subject, I feel like giving my rant about it. Feel free to read or move on. I'd just like to get this said. If they wanted to do a chain specific give away, that's fine. But why not pick a chain that is more accessable to people? Target? Wal Mart? Now maybe it's just the area of where I live that has no grocery stores owned by Kroger, but if it weren't for this forum I would have never heard about this thing. I looked for a little while, but when it became obvious that these weren't showing up beyond one chain, I gave up.

Granted, this one is not an in game variant, so I don't care quite as much. Only variant who isn't an in-game one that I've ever bought is the Pumpkin Eye Brawl. However, this bothers me based on the fact that we have another give away coming around the corner, this one for an actual in-game variant. Will we see limited distribution yet again to one a small subsect that can access it? People will feel what they want towards this, especially those who were lucky enough to have a store near them that they could win multiples of this one character from. However, I feel it wrong that many of us would never have stood a chance of seeing one of these or even knowing about it were it not for this forum.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#321 Posted: 18:50:43 17/10/2013
To be honest...this isn't the only collection of things to ever do that. Monster in my Pocket collectors to this day scramble to try and 'catch em all', because:
-With the first series, while you could get all the regular colored figures, several of the neons were promotion only. This doesn't sound bad on the surface, but none of the original colors had the whole wave in that color, just the neons. So if you wanted a complete display of any one neon color, good luck.
-On top of that, there were promotional colors too, some that came with the board game, others that were cereal promotions. Some are so rare they've only been seen twice by collectors.
-With series 2, you couldn't buy an entire color set in stores: one fig of each color was shoved in a Spaghetti-O's promotion, and one toy didn't even see release in the UK due to sensitivities regarding people of Hindu faith (which the UK has a lot of).
-Seres 3 never even saw release: either you got it from Canadian cereal Shreddies, or the Big Boy chain of restaurants (one figure being left out of that lot to boot). One particular toy, Blemmyea, was only bundled with the NES game.

So yeah, this could be far worse. I'm pretty sure some people here could probably tell other horror stories of trying to 'catch em all'.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#322 Posted: 22:48:11 17/10/2013
Quote: Kung Fu Man
To be honest...this isn't the only collection of things to ever do that. Monster in my Pocket collectors to this day scramble to try and 'catch em all', because:
-With the first series, while you could get all the regular colored figures, several of the neons were promotion only. This doesn't sound bad on the surface, but none of the original colors had the whole wave in that color, just the neons. So if you wanted a complete display of any one neon color, good luck.
-On top of that, there were promotional colors too, some that came with the board game, others that were cereal promotions. Some are so rare they've only been seen twice by collectors.
-With series 2, you couldn't buy an entire color set in stores: one fig of each color was shoved in a Spaghetti-O's promotion, and one toy didn't even see release in the UK due to sensitivities regarding people of Hindu faith (which the UK has a lot of).
-Seres 3 never even saw release: either you got it from Canadian cereal Shreddies, or the Big Boy chain of restaurants (one figure being left out of that lot to boot). One particular toy, Blemmyea, was only bundled with the NES game.

So yeah, this could be far worse. I'm pretty sure some people here could probably tell other horror stories of trying to 'catch em all'.

Holy crap that sounds awful! I agree, it could be way worse (especially after reading that) and for someone who only came into Skylanders back in July I've found most everything I've wanted. This one I find annoying, though it not being in-game I'm not exactly losing sleep about it. I do enjoy the in-game ones though, so they will earn my disdain if distribution is as limited. However, I'm hoping it'll be wide spread like the sidekicks bags were. I had no problem with those, so in the end I'll wait for this Rattle Shake thing to go down before I truly pass judgement beyond mild irritation.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Zer0 Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#323 Posted: 23:22:18 17/10/2013
Quote: ForceSwap
Finally got my codes emailed to me yesterday. Of the 100 submissions I actually got 100 different emails (I thought my email broke when I saw all the messages), I have entered 25 yesterday and 25 today, 48 are winners. The odds of winning are pretty good so far. I really thought it would be like 10% winners given the limited number of prizes. I had to use lots of family addresses and even 6 neighbors who said it would be OK to have these items mailed to them. I know people are going to be upset I claimed this many, but I really thought it would be a lower winning percentage. I also think its bad to ebay the codes so I'm NOT going to sell them. Oh well, I followed the rules of the contest I'm going to use up my codes. I think I got the codes already because I sent them overnight USPS with delivery confirmation before this thread started. I put a 1 cent stamp on each envelope with an index card filled out appropriately to follow through with the rules. I put all 100 entries in the express mailer to save on postage. If you haven't sent them in this might be worth trying. To the rest of you guys, expect the codes shortly. Can't wait for Sunday.

So... why, after the first winner, or even the first half dozen winners, did you feel compelled to enter forty-something more codes? I'm curious.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:22:35 17/10/2013 by Zer0
#324 Posted: 00:06:27 18/10/2013
Its one play per day
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#325 Posted: 06:23:47 18/10/2013
Well, I won 3 out of 4. expected 8 - 10 weeks. Should receive them 1-2 weeks before Christmas, what a great Stocking stuffer...
voyboy Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#326 Posted: 06:24:55 18/10/2013
Been to 20+ plus stores i would be very happy if someone could give me one. I can pay if necessary,
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#327 Posted: 12:32:56 18/10/2013
Voyboy...send in for free codes
---
#328 Posted: 14:52:12 18/10/2013
I believe Frito Lay has figured it out...
First off, yes you can mail in for free codes but you have to provide info about yourself (i.e. Name and Address). Once they receive your entry, they enter it in to their database and will send you a code. with the info they get from the card and the fact that the BIG rule is that it has to be done 1 per day, this will weed out the Scalpers/Greedy people. For instance, "ForceSwap" received 100 codes and entered them in a 2 day span (25 day 1 / 25 day 2) and registered them to different family members/Friends with different Addresses. Any entries that he registered that do not match their Database (Codes, Name, Address) will be canceled out. The ones that he entered with different Addresses will be canceled out and if he won multiple entries in the same day to his Registered Address, that too will cancel out all but the first entry. Since he did all his codes in a 2 day span the most he will win is 2 as long as they are delivered to his registered address that was provided in the card.

I cant wait to see if I am right, I know if I am wrong he will let me know. but of course I would need proof that I am wrong (Pictures of all 48).
ForceSwap Green Sparx Gems: 289
#329 Posted: 17:26:47 18/10/2013
The two systems are not connected, they will not be cancelled out...

I verifiedMaximum 4 per US mailing address.

The 91 I will be donating to toys drives will make kids all over VERY HAPPY.

The 2 I am keeping are all I wanted!

I will post pictures when I get them, a few will be sent to nearby family in other states, but I should have a picture of a them as they come in
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:46:28 18/10/2013 by ForceSwap
#330 Posted: 18:00:17 18/10/2013
Look...if frito lay wants to be charitable. ..they will and do. They don't need you to break rules...and to decide what and when they should donate toys. You can skirt aound things and say you didn't break them but bottom line...you did. This wasn't meant for charity anyway. In My Opinion.
---
#331 Posted: 18:24:01 18/10/2013
You know a bit of advice to the people donating these to toy drives: most won't take them. Most will not take them because they will only take toys in sealed in brand new packages, and will toss the rest. Otherwise you could just toss McDonalds happy meal toys in there and call it a day. The other problem is, these are *Skylanders*, these toys are useless to people the toy drives are for because they won't have a video game console to use them with.

You want to be charitable? Then distribute them through here. I know I personally would rather pay you a small amount for shipping than have to deal with sending a fistful of cards and stamps out.
ds8466 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1365
#332 Posted: 18:28:02 18/10/2013
Quote: Kung Fu Man
You know a bit of advice to the people donating these to toy drives: most won't take them. Most will not take them because they will only take toys in sealed in brand new packages, and will toss the rest. Otherwise you could just toss McDonalds happy meal toys in there and call it a day. The other problem is, these are *Skylanders*, these toys are useless to people the toy drives are for because they won't have a video game console to use them with.

You want to be charitable? Then distribute them through here. I know I personally would rather pay you a small amount for shipping than have to deal with sending a fistful of cards and stamps out.

Exactly! The whole "toy drive" thing is ridiculous. If by chance ForceSwap did end up with that many I'm willing to be they go to Ebay...not a toy drive.
#333 Posted: 18:36:24 18/10/2013
Wow, anti-charity?

Didn't the Flocked Stump Smash and Hot Head come boxed? And toy drive people don't know skylanders from GI JOE all they see is a cartoon figure.

FYI The contest isn't over, people are still winning Fright Rider, you just don't like a person with 93 it sounds bad. I agree, but like I said I got these codes through legit means, and I played by the rules. They will go to kids, not ebayers and what is your problem with that? If frito-lay did not donate toys or intend this to be for charity, SO WHAT? The contest winner can do whatever they want with them! Burn em, smash em, paint them, hack them, or donate them. As I said in the past, don't hate.

I would have given out the codes... but how do I know who I give them to on here will not sell the code or ebay it if they win... I do know a kid who gets nothing for christmas, who gets this toy, will be HAPPY, the rest of you I don't give a rats patoot how you feel. So MOVE ON.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:44:10 18/10/2013 by ForceSwap
#334 Posted: 18:47:38 18/10/2013
My point is, if you get a whole lot of them and they aren't in sealed packages that's one thing. And yeah, they do pay more attention to such things now especially thanks to things like lead laws and whatnot that products have to confirm to. Even the Salvation Army stopped carrying toys due to such laws and safety concerns. This isn't 'anti-charity', this is 'what's the point' when they're going to go to the trash.

If you're dead certain on this though, you'd be best asking whatever drive you're donating to. I worked for Salvation Army and similar organizations before, and seen them glady take things they knew they couldn't sell just to toss them out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:48:46 18/10/2013 by Kung Fu Man
#335 Posted: 18:50:17 18/10/2013

I will post pictures when I get them, a few will be sent to nearby family in other states, but I should have a picture of a them as they come in

I beg to differ.
Why else would they (Frito Lay) ask for your Address on the 3x5 card and again when you win? This is so they can cross refferance them and if they dont match, they will cancel. On top of that when you are given a group of codes, they track them and if you used them on the same day - VOID.

When I got my 4 codes (In one email) the Frito Rep specifically says "Per rules, use one per day".
#336 Posted: 18:50:58 18/10/2013
Roger, got that, don't donate to Salvation Army, because they are a bad charity, hmmmm, my local church will accept them...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:52:25 18/10/2013 by ForceSwap
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#337 Posted: 18:55:04 18/10/2013
Wow, anti-charity?

Didn't the Flocked Stump Smash and Hot Head come boxed? And toy drive people don't know skylanders from GI JOE all they see is a cartoon figure.

FYI The contest isn't over, people are still winning Fright Rider, you just don't like a person with 93 it sounds bad. I agree, but like I said I got these codes through legit means, and I played by the rules. They will go to kids, not ebayers and what is your problem with that? If frito-lay did not donate toys or intend this to be for charity, SO WHAT? The contest winner can do whatever they want with them! Burn em, smash em, paint them, hack them, or donate them. As I said in the past, don't hate.

I would have given out the codes... but how do I know who I give them to on here will not sell the code or ebay it if they win... I do know a kid who gets nothing for christmas, who gets this toy, will be HAPPY, the rest of you I don't give a rats patoot how you feel. So MOVE ON.

Honestly, if you really wanted to make a kid on Christmas happy, you'd charge $5 or $10 each plus shipping for them and donate the money to the USMC Toys for Tots so they could fulfill Christmas wishes. They won't take these, and even if they did a lot kids wouldn't be able to use them.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:58:15 18/10/2013 by SSj3 Derek
#338 Posted: 18:57:10 18/10/2013
Quote: dinoah2005

I beg to differ.
Why else would they (Frito Lay) ask for your Address on the 3x5 card and again when you win? This is so they can cross refferance them and if they dont match, they will cancel. On top of that when you are given a group of codes, they track them and if you used them on the same day - VOID.

When I got my 4 codes (In one email) the Frito Rep specifically says "Per rules, use one per day".

Why else? Because compaies have systems for data entry. They also use information for marketing and information purposes. It's called a CRM system, Customer Resource Management, they value this information more than policing a silly contest. I also called and asked if it is OK if I were to let my cousin use 4 and they said that would not be a problem.
#339 Posted: 19:03:22 18/10/2013
Quote: SSj3 Derek
Honestly, if you really wanted to make a kid on Christmas happy, you'd charge $5 or $10 each plus shipping for them and donate the money to the USMC Toys for Tots so they could fulfill Christmas wishes. They won't take these, and even if they did a lot kids wouldn't be able to use them.

By this Logic, why not sell them all on eBay and Donate $30+and donate the $2700+ to toys for tots. Because I don't want to sell them I want to donate them.

And Check, I got the point of your post, Toys for Tots is a bad charity, that won't take perfectly good toys.

Kids don't need the game to play with these, what did we all do with toys before Portals!?!?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:05:36 18/10/2013 by ForceSwap
#340 Posted: 19:11:13 18/10/2013

By this Logic, why not sell them all on eBay and Donate $30+and donate the $2700+ to toys for tots. Because I don't want to sell them I want to donate them.

And Check, I got the point of your post, Toys for Tots is a bad charity, that won't take perfectly good toys.

Kids don't need the game to play with these, what did we all do with toys before Portals!?!?

Ah, I see, you don't actually care about charity, you are just trying to justify what you did, and use charity as a way to try to deflect perfectly fair criticism. That's why you're getting so upset at a common sense suggestion. Got it.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:14:14 18/10/2013 by SSj3 Derek
#341 Posted: 19:22:32 18/10/2013
Ah, I see, you don't actually care about charity, you are just trying to justify what you did, and use charity as a way to try to deflect perfectly fair criticism. That's why you're getting so upset at a common sense suggestion. Got it.

You must have missed my point*S*, $5/10 Helps 1 kid/person who gets fright rider plus 1 kid with the donation. < $30 would help 3 kids.

I don't want to deal with mailing and liability if someone doesn't get one.

ALSO how do I know that the "sweethart" on here who PM's me and says Illl give you $5 plus shipping for my little Johnny, who is sickly... then eBays it themselves... I'm not keen on that.

You see, I am entitled to dispose of them to my local toy drives how I please. As to anything else, Rat Patootie, Your ideas and criticms are not going to change what I do.

Again what I am doing is providing 91 gifts to charity before what I normally do for charity on the holidays.... how many kids are you helping (RHETORICAL)? but it doesn't really matter, I'm not bragging I'm simply pointing out I AM NOT PROFITING FROM THESE WHICH I THINK NOONE SHOULD. Even though I know some are and will.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:25:10 18/10/2013 by ForceSwap
#342 Posted: 19:33:43 18/10/2013

You must have missed my point*S*, $5/10 Helps 1 kid/person who gets fright rider plus 1 kid with the donation. < $30 would help 3 kids.

I don't want to deal with mailing and liability if someone doesn't get one.

ALSO how do I know that the "sweethart" on here who PM's me and says Illl give you $5 plus shipping for my little Johnny, who is sickly... then eBays it themselves... I'm not keen on that.

You see, I am entitled to dispose of them to my clocal toy drives how I please. As to anything else, Rat Patootie, Your ideas and criticms are not going to change what I do.

Again what I am doing is providing 91 gifts to charity before twhat I normally do for charity on the holidays.... how many kids are you helping (RHETORICAL)? but it doesn't really matter, I'm not bragging I'm simply pointing out I AM NOT PROFITING FROM THESE WHICH I THINK NOONE SHOULD. Even though I know some are and will.

No, I saw it, lots of anger, shouting, distrust, and accusation on your part. In fact given the way you are assuming people here will be dishonest, I'm beginning to doubt your claim you don't plan to profit from these after all.
#343 Posted: 19:41:19 18/10/2013

No, I saw it, lots of anger, shouting, distrust, and accusation on your part. In fact given the way you are assuming people here will be dishonest, I'm beginning to doubt your claim you don't plan to profit from these after all.

Not, anger, shouting, distrust, and accusation on your part SSj3 Derek. Instead, reality, EMPHASIS, and personal beliefs. If I was going to profit, I would have accepted the deluge of PM's I recieved for selling... Instead ask... I told EVERY one No.

Rest assured not Profit, just Pure, True holiday Goodwill.

P.S. check your agression and accusations in your posts... You seem salty? Have you not gotten one yet? Thats probably it. I am sorry there were no bags in your area/you didn't send for codes or get the codes yet. Happy Holidays hope you get 1.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:46:56 18/10/2013 by ForceSwap
#344 Posted: 19:54:49 18/10/2013

Not, anger, shouting, distrust, and accusation on your part SSj3 Derek. Instead, reality, EMPHASIS, and personal beliefs. If I was going to profit, I would have accepted the deluge of PM's I recieved for selling... Instead ask... I told EVERY one No.

P.S. check your agression and accusations in your posts... You seem salty? Have you not gotten one yet? Thats probably it. I am sorry there were no bags in your area/you didn't send for codes or get the codes yet. Happy Holidays hope you get 1.

Ahhhh, I see. You can't defend, so you attack. You do realize trying to turn this around on me just isn't going to work, right? Everyone can read what you wrote. The fact that so many people got upset at you should should make you consider your actions.
#345 Posted: 20:07:02 18/10/2013
Considering....... My actions are fine. Giving to charity... I'm good. You can keep huffing and puffing. In fact go ahead keep posting and telling people to be mad. Multiple people posted how they liked that I am donating them see pages 6 and 7. Go ahead and have the last word because I am done, sleeping like a baby. All you will do is preach your anti-charity propaganda and libel campaign.

Happy Holidays, Good luck to everyone who still has or is getting codes to enter. I hope everyone who wants one and took steps to get a code wins, thats what this thread is about. Thanks for all the help and support the people of this forum have always provided to us, me included, I appreciate you all.

Please End Bullying, share the message of goodwill and giving to the needy! Kids read this forum.
#346 Posted: 20:17:48 18/10/2013
Considering....... My actions are fine. Giving to charity... I'm good. You can keep huffing and puffing. In fact go ahead keep posting and telling people to be mad. Multiple people posted how they liked that I am donating them see pages 6 and 7. Go ahead and have the last word because I am done, sleeping like a baby. All you will do is preach your anti-charity propaganda and libel campaign.

Happy Holidays, Good luck to everyone who still has or is getting codes to enter. I hope everyone who wants one and took steps to get a code wins, thats what this thread is about. Thanks for all the help and support the people of this forum have always provided to us, me included, I appreciate you all.

Please End Bullying, share the message of goodwill and giving to the needy! Kids read this forum.

I have to say, thanks for the laugh. You have descended through justification, into shouting and accusation, and now victimhood, all in response to a statement of fact and a reasonable suggestion if you were genuinely serious about helping others. smilie The only reason I can think of for being so defensive is that you are wrong, and you know it. While watching your public meltdown about this has been amusing, I do have other things to get done. Good luck, and maybe look into some kind of counseling.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:19:34 18/10/2013 by SSj3 Derek
Zer0 Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#347 Posted: 20:18:37 18/10/2013

I'm sorry, but the bottom line is that you're going to have a difficult time convincing most people that your motives for sending away for one hundred codes were completely pure. Any way you spin it, it doesn't sound particularly fair to other people, given the limited number of the items in question.

Assuming the charity angle is true, there are better, more meaningful ways to donate, if you're so inclined. Personally, I believe donation should involve a bit of sacrifice by the person doing the donating and it takes little to no sacrifice at all to obtain free toys and dump them off on an organization that may, or may not be able to make use of them.

In the future, if you do not want your actions to be discussed and debated in public, I would highly recommend not posting to tell everyone about them. Otherwise, it's perfectly valid for people to discuss the merits of something you've done. So long as no one is slandering you, or being hateful, I really don't see a problem with it.
#348 Posted: 21:01:25 18/10/2013
I will echo the notion on selling the remaining batch and donating that money to charity is a good and better one. Yeah you could sell them on eBay for $30 and donate that to charity to. In fact if you're going to by all means do so: many people here can still justify that price if it helps a charity too. Heck, would mean a bigger tax write-off for you as well. Heck if you know the folks at the church, then green will do them some good: if you factor $30 a toy, that can at least buy two full size ones for children that they can play with a lot more than a small figurine.

Then again for all we know they may only send you one and call it a day, that's what became of Flocked Stump Smash for some folks, others got all the codes they won.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#349 Posted: 22:11:51 18/10/2013
If the classic bickering whenever a promo comes out can subside for a second, has anyone seen the bags recently? Im about to send in for codes because i haven't seen the bags anywhere here in NE Ohio so
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#350 Posted: 22:17:16 18/10/2013
Quote: spyroflame0487
If the classic bickering whenever a promo comes out can subside for a second, has anyone seen the bags recently? Im about to send in for codes because i haven't seen the bags anywhere here in NE Ohio so

Consider the bags like variants, you saw them for about 3 weeks and WHAM!!! there gone.

Get your cards sent in before its too late, otherwise you'll find your self on Ebay.
First | Previous | Page 7 of 15 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me