Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
WORST Spyro Game? [CLOSED]
CynderFan1309 Gold Sparx Gems: 2235
#51 Posted: 02:19:23 06/05/2013
DotD. I do like playing it sometimes for fun, but to be honest, it's only fun for 10 minutes and then gets old for me.
Storm Dragon Green Sparx Gems: 295
#52 Posted: 05:08:00 06/05/2013
*shudders*
Spyro Orange.. That game.. that game was so bad..
---
Hero of Time~
Check my profile for where to find me~
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#53 Posted: 15:55:50 06/05/2013
Quote: Storm Dragon
*shudders*
Spyro Orange.. That game.. that game was so bad..

I'm agree >.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Spyrois2cool4yu Gold Sparx Gems: 2535
#54 Posted: 01:10:32 21/05/2013
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: Spyrois2cool4yu
Skylanders! Alternate choice instead of skylanders... I don't even want to SAY it. Put me into misery it did, and im STILL upset about.

If you don't want to say it,why do you waste 5 minutes of your life to talk about a game you keep ranting about?

cuz it's an old and closed topic, and i try to stick to the forum rules.
---
"I'm back baby!!!"
Fall...ever changing. A symbol that nothing is forever...
"Cool" avatar made by shorty!
SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
#55 Posted: 01:58:30 21/05/2013
I personally didn't fully enjoy Enter The Dragonfly. The other are either Awesome, good, or alright.
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#56 Posted: 02:33:39 21/05/2013
Out of all the ones I've played, I'd say Shadow Legacy. The game was a great idea, but done poorly.

Quote: Jaggedstar
Quote: Kariana
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

I see no diff--*brick'd*

And I see no similarities.

They're both....purple and blue smilie

I'm sorry, but that is not the best "Ugly" picture of Skylanders Spyro. That actually looks pretty cute. (To be honest, I kind of like Spyro's new design more than the other designs.)

Quote: Spyrobaby
Skylanders, though I haven't played it I can tell it's rub

Fail.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:37:00 21/05/2013 by MugoUrth
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#57 Posted: 07:28:35 21/05/2013
Spyro Fusion (Orange), it wasn't horrible imo, that game was entertaining for me for a bit when I had nothing else to do but it's easily the 'worst' Spyro game I've played.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#58 Posted: 12:06:04 21/05/2013
I don't like DotD, for many reasons. :/
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#59 Posted: 16:04:20 21/05/2013
Quote: XSparxX
I don't like DotD, for many reasons. :/

Join the club! ^.^ Except I'm the only member... ._.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#60 Posted: 20:43:24 23/06/2013
Right, I take it we're talking about Spyro games in general here, so I'll go for the Eternal Night, and Dawn of the Dragon comes close, I don't consider Skylanders to be apart of the Spyro games at all. I believe it's it's own seperate franchise. (originally posted: 23/06/13)

EDIT: Actually, I'll take that back, I don't even consider the Legend of Spyro games to be apart of Spyro anymore, even that is it's own seperate series, so in all honesty out of the Spyro series Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly is the worst one to play definitely. If it wasn't for Enter the Dragonfly, I'd say that the Year of the Dragon would be the worst, for the reason that I find it so disappointing towards the end of the game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:50:36 07/07/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
Lila-the-dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#61 Posted: 23:21:12 23/06/2013
I really didn't like TEN that much. It was a challenge for me (I'd get hit by, lets say, a Deathhound, and before I could get up another one was ramming into me, or something else was killing me), and the Ancient Grove scared me so much.
Also, the game was relatively short compared to the other two. I'm almost done with it and it's only been 2 or 3 hours. I have over 6 on ANB.
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#62 Posted: 16:46:30 03/07/2013
I'm going to be the only one here that doesn't hate Orange probably...

It was terrible in comparison to the others, I'll admit that. I loved the music though. It was my first, so at the time I thought it was pretty great, considering the lack of games I had played to compare it to. Looking back now I realize it really is awful, but I'd still probably play it if I had it for the sake of nostalgia.

I actually liked SL. Don't ask how, but the only thing that annoyed me was that the only collectables were dragon eggs, and there wasn't really much you got out of collecting everything, nor did you really know if you had completed it "100%" which is an OCD nightmare :/
Also, the way it didn't seem sure whether it wanted to be a regular Spyro game or an RPG. I didn't like the half-heartedly inserted RPG aspects. You have to go one way or the other or it's not that great.

The GBA version of every Legend series game is terrible, but I don't think they were meant to be very good in the first place.

ETD was terrible simply because I wasn't prepared for it to be. I had heard the negative feedback and assumed it was only avoidable glitches and sloppy animation that made it difficult to enjoy, then I played it. I was expecting it to resemble YOTD... it did nothing of the sort.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#63 Posted: 17:10:58 03/07/2013
Quote: BlinktheCookie

The GBA version of every Legend series game is terrible, but I don't think they were meant to be very good in the first place.

But what about TEN's GBA version? As much as I love the console version,that game is far superior compared to the console triology - it's as short as ANB,but it actually made a better job at explaining everything and had a combat system that worked wonders(well,at least as much as GBA game could)...
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#64 Posted: 17:22:55 03/07/2013
I'm mainly talking graphics-wise for TEN. But then again, noting my love of Mario, I shouldn't bash 2D side-scrollers...

ANB for the GBA was simply awful, though. You could make your way through the whole game just by walking up to enemies and mashing buttons. Oh, and there was so little actual storybuilding that I had to read up on the plot for the console version to get the right details :/
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#65 Posted: 20:09:16 03/07/2013
Any of the GBA games and Skylanders.

As much as I like Spyro's design in Skylanders, it was fun for about a minute and got really repetitive in SSA. Also, the fact that they stuck Cynder in there too just bleeds the words "Fan service" in my opinion.

I absolutely hate the controls for Season of Ice/Fire. The camera angle was bad and the controls would have worked better with a analog stick, not a gameboy D-pad.
Spyro Orange...? It's okay. The mini-games were tedious, but I kind of enjoyed them to an extent. but side scrolling really did not work for this game...
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#66 Posted: 20:28:18 03/07/2013
Repeating the mini-games was the worst part :/ Plus the trading card feature made the game impossible to complete almost...

I actually loved the older GBA games. My favorite was ATOR/Adventure, as it was full of life, color, and quests to do. SOF came in second. SOI I hated at first. The lands seemed barren and lifeless, and if you left a level you would have to perform said level's quests all over again, which sucked especially with the objects you had to burn a certain number of. :/ It eventually grew on me because I thought Grendor was an absolutely adorable villain.
Clackers89 Ripto Gems: 21
#67 Posted: 19:26:57 04/07/2013
Worst game (design): EtD.
Worst game (difficulty): TEN.
Worst reboot: Skylanders.
#68 Posted: 21:12:52 04/07/2013
ANB for the GBA was simply awful, though. You could make your way through the whole game just by walking up to enemies and mashing buttons.

That's arguably true for the console versions too, but I had enough fun with the GCN version. ^.^;
---
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#69 Posted: 21:14:47 04/07/2013 | Topic Creator
HIR... I'm sorry..... I was wrong.... after playing the game recently, I realized.... DotD SUCKS! ._.
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
#70 Posted: 21:21:00 04/07/2013
I'm mainly talking graphics-wise for TEN. But then again, noting my love of Mario, I shouldn't bash 2D side-scrollers...

ANB for the GBA was simply awful, though. You could make your way through the whole game just by walking up to enemies and mashing buttons. Oh, and there was so little actual storybuilding that I had to read up on the plot for the console version to get the right details :/

The DS version sucked even more. It was more about puzzles and boring battle sections than anything. And there was basically no plot.
#71 Posted: 21:27:35 04/07/2013
Quote: Clackers89

The DS version sucked even more. It was more about puzzles and boring battle sections than anything. And there was basically no plot.

Actually, I think the DS version was the most acclaimed, critically speaking. ._.
---
#72 Posted: 21:51:07 04/07/2013
Quote: HIR

Actually, I think the DS version was the most acclaimed, critically speaking. ._.

That absolutely amazes me.
#73 Posted: 21:57:39 04/07/2013 | Topic Creator
The DS version has a Crash Bandicoot cameo, if I'm not mistaken.
---
#74 Posted: 21:58:45 04/07/2013
Quote: TorchSheep

Yeah, frozen in a block of ice.
#75 Posted: 22:00:38 04/07/2013 | Topic Creator

Nope, that's Crash's cameo in the console version of 'The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night'.
He appears in the DS or GBA (can't remember) version of 'A New Beginning', being roasted over a fire.
---
#76 Posted: 17:34:36 06/07/2013

Nope, that's Crash's cameo in the console version of 'The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night'.
He appears in the DS or GBA (can't remember) version of 'A New Beginning', being roasted over a fire.

DS Version ^-^
---
#77 Posted: 19:19:26 06/07/2013
HIR... I'm sorry..... I was wrong.... after playing the game recently, I realized.... DotD SUCKS! ._.

You should be more sorry that you played the game out of your own free will. *trampled by fanboy mob* x.x;
---
#78 Posted: 21:21:02 06/07/2013
By the time DOTD was out, I had lost faith in the series. I probably saved a relative from wasting Christmas money by not even bothering with it.
darkwolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 7314
#79 Posted: 17:59:06 07/07/2013
Out of the games I've played, Enter the Dragonfly was the worst.
#80 Posted: 03:25:00 09/07/2013
Quote: HIR

You should be more sorry that you played the game out of your own free will. *trampled by fanboy mob* x.x;

LOL smilie!!

Edit: Sorry, that was off-topic..
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:25:24 09/07/2013 by SamXala
#81 Posted: 17:28:12 09/07/2013
DoTD does NOT suck. In fact, I think it's of the BEST! The last game beforeā€¦THE WORST REBOOT OF SPYRO I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!
---
"I'm back baby!!!"
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#82 Posted: 17:34:41 09/07/2013
Can't say. I've never played a Spyro game but Skylanders.

I think I played a Hero's Tail for a minute or so... But I think it was a different one...
#83 Posted: 20:33:14 10/07/2013
AHT gets way too much negative criticism. It was bright, fun, and brought in a villain that was an actual dragon. I was pretty happy with it.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#84 Posted: 09:47:19 11/07/2013
I like AHT and really enjoyed my first playthrough. I don't understand all the massive criticism it gets. However, it does have a lot of flaws (such as Spyro's, Bentley's and Hunter's personalities annoying me) to the point I don't consider it part of the original trilogy, and just a game in it's own little universe with SL. I actually have a massive urge to play it again.

My least favourite game is DotD.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#85 Posted: 23:24:02 11/07/2013
The biggest thing for me was Bentley's accent, or lack thereof :/ That was deeply saddening.
#86 Posted: 23:43:56 11/07/2013
The biggest thing for me was Bentley's accent, or lack thereof :/ That was deeply saddening.

If you think Bentley's was bad in AHT, you should Bartholomew's in Enter the dragonfly.
---
"I'm back baby!!!"
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#87 Posted: 21:02:40 22/07/2013
The Eternal night (I just didnt like all that darkness and music) and Shadow Legacy (i just didnt like the gameplay)
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Dark_Spyro999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4713
#88 Posted: 01:37:36 23/07/2013
I don't hate Skylanders, I hate the fact they took my Spyro and jammed him in there.

I don't think i have a worst. All of my problems with Spyro games is that the few that were rushed and somewhat unoriginal.
---
I is ded
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#89 Posted: 13:07:13 28/07/2013
Dawn of The Dragon.
A major disappointment for me, this is also the only Spyro game that I hate. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:42:12 13/08/2013 by spyrothe111
paddyfitz Gold Sparx Gems: 2242
#90 Posted: 13:36:10 28/07/2013
As soon as I saw this topic I knew half the people in here would say Skylanders.
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#91 Posted: 13:43:27 28/07/2013
Worst that I have played:

Have played
Spyro The Dragon
Spyro 2:Gateway to Glimmer
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure
Skylanders Giants

Worst to best:
Spyro 2
Spyro
Skylanders
Skylanders Giants

*waits for rage*
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#92 Posted: 15:07:02 29/07/2013
DoTD for Nintendo DS. it was seriously easy and boring.
---
Cool cool.
#93 Posted: 19:37:00 29/07/2013
^For that reason I didn't want to play the DS version, because it was too easy.

Quote: wreckingballbob

Have played
Spyro The Dragon
Skylanders Giants

Worst to best:
Spyro 2
Spyro
Skylanders
Skylanders Giants

*waits for rage*

---
#94 Posted: 21:36:00 30/07/2013 | Topic Creator

Have played
Spyro The Dragon
Skylanders Giants

Worst to best:
Spyro 2
Spyro
Skylanders
Skylanders Giants

*waits for rage*

........Eh, your opinion I suppose, but I strongly disagree. smilie
---
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#95 Posted: 10:20:23 31/07/2013

Have played
Spyro The Dragon
Skylanders Giants

Worst to best:
Spyro 2
Spyro
Skylanders
Skylanders Giants

*waits for rage*

........Eh, your opinion I suppose, but I strongly disagree. smilie

It is not that I hate Spyro 2 it is just not my favorite out of the four I played if I played more it would be a lot higher on the list.

Skylanders is at the top because I played them first and I never played Spyro before Skylanders.
---
Ruler of all Blue Sparx Gems: 756
#96 Posted: 03:22:48 31/08/2013
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

I see no diff--*brick'd*

How are they the same?
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#97 Posted: 21:00:39 05/09/2013
Yeah,because the appearance of a single character makes a whole game bad. If that was the case reboots would never be sucessful.

Since when are reboots successful? Lol.

DotD, Fusion/Orange & Skylanders between the ones I've played.
And way to represent ETD TorchSheep!
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:01:27 05/09/2013 by Darchangel
#98 Posted: 21:10:57 05/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Darchangel
Yeah,because the appearance of a single character makes a whole game bad. If that was the case reboots would never be sucessful.

Since when are reboots successful? Lol.

DotD, Fusion/Orange & Skylanders between the ones I've played.
And way to represent ETD TorchSheep!

...hmm... oh thanks. smilie
---
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#99 Posted: 21:19:32 05/09/2013
I'm now gonna have to say Shadow Legacy as well as whatever else I put.

*smashes Nintendo*
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#100 Posted: 21:20:58 05/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm now gonna have to say Shadow Legacy as well as whatever else I put.

*smashes Nintendo*

Hooray! Member of the club alert! ._.
---
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me