Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All Purpose Super Smash Bros. U / 3DS topic!
First | Previous | Page 5 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
All Purpose Super Smash Bros. U / 3DS topic! [CLOSED]
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#201 Posted: 11:05:05 29/07/2013
Quote: Windumup
Villager is going to be broken.
Definitely the new pikachu/ metaknight

What proof do you have of that? >.>
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#202 Posted: 14:00:33 29/07/2013
Quote: TorchSheep
Quote: Windumup
Villager is going to be broken.
Definitely the new pikachu/ metaknight

What proof do you have of that? >.>

His smile says it all. @v@
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#203 Posted: 16:42:11 29/07/2013
Oh God, Meta Knight was terribly overpowered.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#204 Posted: 17:45:03 29/07/2013
Am I the only one who has never had specific trouble against Meta Knight?

Then again, I never abide by tier lists. I just use whatever characters I personally like, in any fighting game. Besides, new techniques can always be discovered for "low tier" characters anyway, so tier lists always change and in the end, are opinionated.

---------

So this article from IGN is an interview with Sakurai, which was actually posted earlier this month. It actually talks about quite a few concepts that Sakurai and his team are working towards implementing. Seems interesting. Suppose I should wait for more info, but seeing as most of what's in the interview is just theoretical, I'm still really skeptical so far. The game is clearly still in the early stages though. Also, Sakurai states that so far, no characters from Brawl have actually been removed. That's subject to change, though, as he does state that getting Ice Climbers to work in the 3DS version has been proving difficult...which further proves that the 3DS version hasn't really been a good idea thus far.
http://ie.ign.com/articles/201...-and-3ds?page=2
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:40:45 29/07/2013 by sonicbrawler182
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#205 Posted: 20:41:44 29/07/2013
I was very irked initially at the thought of a 3DS version, with the tiny screen and significantly smaller amount of memory compared to the WiiU. I wouldn't have minded that much if Nintendo assigned a different studio, like HAL (which doesn't seem to be doing anything at present), with working on the 3DS version so that Sakurai and Namco could focus on the WiiU. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#206 Posted: 22:06:27 29/07/2013
Quote: HIR
I was very irked initially at the thought of a 3DS version, with the tiny screen and significantly smaller amount of memory compared to the WiiU. I wouldn't have minded that much if Nintendo assigned a different studio, like HAL (which doesn't seem to be doing anything at present), with working on the 3DS version so that Sakurai and Namco could focus on the WiiU. <.<;

I just wish the versions weren't developed concurrently. I'm fine with the character roster being the same on both versions, as well as the stages being different on both versions. But I don't think the Wii U version should be held back by the 3DS version at all. If an idea cannot be done on the 3DS, do it on Wii U.

I personally think the 3DS version should focus on having a great multiplayer component, and making use of the fact that all players are on a separate screen. And the customisation feature that was mentioned for 3DS should be very diverse. And overall, just really remember the fact that it's portable, and can be played anywhere. I also think that instead of a lenghtly adventure mode, the single player content should be more streamlined and arcadey. They could make use of StreetPass and Play Coins for unlocking special content for the customisation mode, as well as for event matches. And also adding something like the Melee Adventure Mode, just with better stages, and a better reward than trophies. I always thought having "character endings" like a Tekken game would be perfect for Smash Bros, and that could be a perfect reward for playing through a mini adventure mode with every character in a handheld version.

The Wii U would then take the character balancing from the 3DS and leave it untouched. Multiplayer modes would have all the Smash standards, and for online, all of the online fighting game standards. Single player would be more beefy though, and would include a spiritual succesor to Subspace Emissary. Every single player mode would have co-op. And possibly online integration, even if it's only leaderboards.

Damn, Smash Bros makes me ramble.
---
#207 Posted: 22:15:08 29/07/2013
Could somebody please just change the title of this to: All-Purpose Smash Bros. Topic. Pleaseeeee... >.>
---
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#208 Posted: 22:31:31 29/07/2013
i want tails in smash bros so bad along with dark samus
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#209 Posted: 22:38:47 29/07/2013
Quote: sky-dragon

All the agreements.
#210 Posted: 22:39:49 29/07/2013
Quote: Underian

All the agreements.

yeah X3
---
#211 Posted: 08:09:21 30/07/2013

Very unlikely I'm afraid.
---
paddyfitz Gold Sparx Gems: 2242
#212 Posted: 09:04:10 30/07/2013
Guys, I doubt they'll add anymore characters from Third Party franchises that were already in the games, they don't want to overepressent their own rivals do they?
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
#213 Posted: 09:09:06 30/07/2013
Quote: paddyfitz
Guys, I doubt they'll add anymore characters from Third Party franchises that were already in the games, they don't want to overepressent their own rivals do they?

Well in a sense, Nintendo and SEGA are in a partnership so it is possible to add another. Besides these are our opinions lf who we want. Tails is a very realistic choice, he has fighting capabilities(Look at Sonic Fighters and Sonic Battle), what could be a Final Smash(Tornado), and would be fun to see a Mario and Luigi VS Sonic and Tails. Tails is my most wanted character, opinion stated.
#214 Posted: 09:12:42 30/07/2013
Well I suppose Tails would be more likely than Shadow. >.> Keep dreamin' folks.
---
#215 Posted: 09:55:29 30/07/2013

But Shadow was an assist trophy in Brawl, while Tails was a cameo on Green Hill Zone. So technically, Shadow is already closer to a playable role.

Not that I expect either, or particularly want them. I just care that Sonic is confirmed to return. Then we'll have the three kings of platforming in one game (Mario, Sonic, Megaman).

And we could sort of have a game version of the Sonic VS Megaman comic.
---
#216 Posted: 10:51:33 30/07/2013
Quote: sonicbrawler182

But Shadow was an assist trophy in Brawl, while Tails was a cameo on Green Hill Zone. So technically, Shadow is already closer to a playable role.

Not that I expect either, or particularly want them. I just care that Sonic is confirmed to return. Then we'll have the three kings of platforming in one game (Mario, Sonic, Megaman).

And we could sort of have a game version of the Sonic VS Megaman comic.

That may be true, but Sakarai noted that he would be mainly be including characters with diverse and unique movesets (hence Villager and Wii Fit Trainer), meaning less clones, and I imagine Shadows moveset would be fairly similar to Sonics, whereas Tails would be fairly different, plus Shadow isn't in Sonic: Lost World and I suspect Nintendo will want to select characters to represent that game since it's a Nintendo exclusive, meaning it's gonna be either Tails, Knuckles, Amy or Eggman, and Tails just seems the most likely. But that;s just what I believe anyway, chances are neither of them will be in the game, I just think Tails would be a more likely candidate.
---
#217 Posted: 10:57:56 30/07/2013
Well, if Little Mac is confirmed, he will have a pretty diverse moveset.

GIGA MAC FINAL SMASH
---
#218 Posted: 11:02:00 30/07/2013
Quote: Matteomax
Well, if Little Mac is confirmed, he will have a pretty diverse moveset.

GIGA MAC FINAL SMASH

I thought Little Mac could have been confirmed, until I noticed that one of Villager's moves is to punch people with boxing gloves. ;__; Still, he's a very likely candidate.
---
#219 Posted: 22:46:51 30/07/2013
A lot of people seem to not like the way the title for this new game is done. But I was on TV Tropes and they pointed something out there:

The title shouldn't be read as "Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS", but as "Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U/3DS".

I feel silly having not noticed that. Just a nice little tidbit.
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#220 Posted: 23:08:14 30/07/2013
Sakurai already said MegaMan is the only third-party character in SSBU/3DS. They had enough trouble trying to get him in, so It's not likely they're going to go through much more trouble to get more players in.
---
words. letters. filler.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#221 Posted: 00:24:51 31/07/2013
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Sakurai already said MegaMan is the only third-party character in SSBU/3DS. They had enough trouble trying to get him in, so It's not likely they're going to go through much more trouble to get more players in.

So, Sonic and Snake are out? Cause I heard a rumor that they weren't planning on dropping anyone from Brawl. Although that doesn't seem too accurate. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#222 Posted: 01:12:18 31/07/2013

Well there goes my buy on the first year or two >_>
King_Pika Blue Sparx Gems: 544
#223 Posted: 01:35:41 31/07/2013

Well there goes my buy on the first year or two smilie

Do you REALLY care about Sonic so much. smh.

Besides, Sakurai has said nothing of the sort.
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
#224 Posted: 01:57:16 31/07/2013
Quote: King_Pika

Well there goes my buy on the first year or two smilie

Do you REALLY care about Sonic so much. smh.

Besides, Sakurai has said nothing of the sort.

I said the first year or two. I can always get the game if I want, when the price lowers. I got Brawl when I heard Sonic was in it, and I am actually looking for proof of this saying. Besides I dont have a Wii U or 3DS... Yet.
#225 Posted: 09:44:33 31/07/2013
Quote: HIR

So, Sonic and Snake are out? Cause I heard a rumor that they weren't planning on dropping anyone from Brawl. Although that doesn't seem too accurate. <.<

In the IGN interview I posted, Sakurai himself said that nobody from Brawl has been cut yet, and that they are trying their best to keep that from being the case. The only character that he said actually stands a chance of being cut right now is Ice Climbers, because the hardware limitations of the 3DS is making tag teams like them difficult to implement. But even so, he's pushing for them to stay in the game.

---------------

As for Snake and Sonic, Snake may seem unlikely to return...if the circumstances for his inclusion were normal to begin with. However, Snake was included at the request of Hideo Kojima himself. Sakurai has said that Kojima "literally begged" for Snake to be included in Melee. However, that game was too late in it's development cycle when Kojima asked. Which is why Sakurai included Snake in Brawl - it was as a favour for one of his good friends. There wasn't any complicated licensing issues involved, since Kojima literally handed Snake over in a heartbeat, in a manner of speaking.

As for Sonic, anyone who says he's not likely to return has clearly been living under a rock. Nintendo and Sega are currently in a worldwide partnership regarding the Sonic franchise. Nintendo is publishing and funding three Sonic games right now (possibly even lending development manpower), not to mention that other consoles and PC will not see the release of any Sonic games. Sonic is essentially a second party to Nintendo right now. He's as likely as Kirby, A Fire Emblem character, a Pokémon character, etc. And if you consider the fact that Sonic's announcement in Brawl had a TON of hype (the Smash Bros Dojo, as well as a few other sites, were loaded with people trying to view the announcement trailer, to the point where they went down for a short while) - frankly, Nintendo would be insane to remove Sonic. He even boosted sales for the game (many Sonic fans who didn't have prior interest in Smash Bros decided to buy it because Sonic was included). Snake may have achieved the same thing for the game, just to a smaller extent.

Also, in a recent interview with Takashi Iizuka (current director of the Sonic franchise), he was asked if Sonic would return to Smash Bros. He simply said "ask Nintendo, that has nothing to do with us". This implies that Sakurai doesn't need to re-attain permission to include Sonic, and seeing as Sakurai said that nobody has been cut yet, we can only assume that Sonic is guaranteed to reappear. As is anyone else.

So please, do your research people, before making baseless speculation. And if anyone needs that Iizuka interview, I can go looking for it.
---
Stealthelfrocks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#226 Posted: 12:02:48 31/07/2013
Quote: spyroflame0487
Can we talk about how amazing the Villager is? Because he's amazing.

[User Posted Image]
[crossing intensifies]

YES!!!

my family is an animal crossing family, thus when we saw that in brawl the villager is coming, we went crazy and talked about his pocketing abilities for three days.

I really want to know if olimar will be coming back though, but since pikmin 3 is coming out in english soon, he could get replaced by the new captains *shrug*
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
#227 Posted: 13:16:30 31/07/2013
Quote: Stealthelfrocks
Quote: spyroflame0487
Can we talk about how amazing the Villager is? Because he's amazing.

[User Posted Image]
[crossing intensifies]

YES!!!

my family is an animal crossing family, thus when we saw that in brawl the villager is coming, we went crazy and talked about his pocketing abilities for three days.

I really want to know if olimar will be coming back though, but since pikmin 3 is coming out in english soon, he could get replaced by the new captains *shrug*

Olimar was actually confirmed to return a while ago. Check the official Smash Bros site.
---
#228 Posted: 19:11:40 31/07/2013
my guess all popular game charaters are returning to ssb U samus new model from the other m mybe
---
#229 Posted: 19:49:35 31/07/2013
my guess all popular game charaters are returning to ssb U samus new model from the other m mybe

It's quite obvious you already know that's what they're doing. >.>
---
#230 Posted: 20:20:29 31/07/2013

dont u >.> me is just a saying
---
#231 Posted: 20:36:42 31/07/2013
What? Your posts are way too difficult to read.

Keep it clean!

I wonder if more Mother characters are included, maybe Ninten as a Ness color change? Duster? Kumatora? Maske Man?
---
#232 Posted: 21:09:16 31/07/2013

dont u >.> me is just a saying

What?
---
SilverTris79 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1171
#233 Posted: 17:00:21 01/08/2013
New stage confirmed.

[User Posted Image]
---
Need: smilie,smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:22:05 02/08/2013 by SilverTris79
#234 Posted: 17:53:19 01/08/2013
Looks like it's the next Final Destination for some reason.
Trippy background.. ▪_●
---
#235 Posted: 18:20:51 01/08/2013
I think it's the Reset Bomb Forest from Uprising.
---
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#236 Posted: 10:01:54 02/08/2013
Lol those bodies in the background.
#237 Posted: 10:20:09 02/08/2013
Quote: SilverTris79
New stage confirmed.

[User Posted Image]

Awesome! I was just playing that level!
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
#238 Posted: 14:55:43 07/08/2013
New character,well not really new but returning.

[User Posted Image]
---
#239 Posted: 15:29:54 07/08/2013
LUIGI!
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8733
#240 Posted: 00:23:34 08/08/2013
Luigi joins the fight!
The plot thickens.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#241 Posted: 00:50:34 08/08/2013
Luigi hops in!
Ash Starkindle Gold Sparx Gems: 2625
#242 Posted: 01:28:41 08/08/2013
What gaming systems is SSB4 on?
Omg, Pikachu, Ness, Pit, and Meta Knight are overpowered.
Also, which characters from previous SSB games are returning?
#243 Posted: 02:06:30 08/08/2013
Quote: Ash Starkindle
What gaming systems is SSB4 on?
Omg, Pikachu, Ness, Pit, and Meta Knight are overpowered.
Also, which characters from previous SSB games are returning?

3DS and Wii U

And look at the site site
#244 Posted: 02:53:11 08/08/2013
What? Of course, for only the systems I don't have. D:
#245 Posted: 10:47:32 08/08/2013
When will Yoshi be announced? D: He's the only one out of the original 8 that hasn't been confirmed yet.
---
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#246 Posted: 11:21:58 08/08/2013
WEEGI!
---
#247 Posted: 12:02:10 08/08/2013
When will Yoshi be announced? D: He's the only one out of the original 8 that hasn't been confirmed yet.

Yoshi wasn't part of the initial announcements for Brawl either. So it doesn't really mean anything.
---
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#248 Posted: 12:24:16 08/08/2013
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Awesome pics!
---
#249 Posted: 13:44:37 08/08/2013
So it's just for Wii u and 3ds? That sux. They're basically the only systems I don't have. Btw, my cousin told me that Wii u games work on the Wii. I'm skeptical about this. Is it true?
#250 Posted: 13:48:53 08/08/2013
Quote: Ash Starkindle
So it's just for Wii u and 3ds? That sux. They're basically the only systems I don't have. Btw, my cousin told me that Wii u games work on the Wii. I'm skeptical about this. Is it true?

Nope. The Wii hasn't got the hard drive to use their graphics.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:49:44 08/08/2013 by paddyfitz
First | Previous | Page 5 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me