Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All Purpose Super Smash Bros. U / 3DS topic!
First | Previous | Page 3 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
All Purpose Super Smash Bros. U / 3DS topic! [CLOSED]
Spyro7850 Gold Sparx Gems: 2656
#101 Posted: 16:53:54 17/06/2013
I main Pit and Toon Link, otherwise Sonic and Kirby.
---
#1 Roller Brawl fan
"Ness, you'll always be the best character in Smash."
-Brawl in the Family, Comic #599
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#102 Posted: 19:32:35 17/06/2013
Kirby, Bowser, and Zero suit Samus (when possible)

I wish you could start a match as Zero suit...
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#103 Posted: 20:36:50 17/06/2013
You can!

I think you have to have a GameCube controller or a second controller, and you need to hold down L and R (?).
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#104 Posted: 20:44:31 17/06/2013
well, I do not possess a gamecube controller, so....
---
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#105 Posted: 20:54:48 17/06/2013
^ You can do it with the Wii Remote and Nunchuck! I think when you select Samus, you hold down Z until the battle starts and she will strip her suit right away.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
SilverTris79 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1171
#106 Posted: 00:29:11 18/06/2013
Or with just a Wii Remote by pressing - at the start of the match.
---
Need: smilie,smilie
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#107 Posted: 00:55:00 18/06/2013
MR.GAME AND WATCH BETTER BE IN THIS

I'm not kidding, he's my best character in Brawl ._.
#108 Posted: 19:27:10 18/06/2013
Quote: awesomerockets
^ You can do it with the Wii Remote and Nunchuck! I think when you select Samus, you hold down Z until the battle starts and she will strip her suit right away.

I'll see if it works.
---
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#109 Posted: 22:42:28 18/06/2013
OVER ANALYSIS OF SSB4 CHARACTERS IN 3. 2. 1.

In the trailer, they confirmed plenty of returning characters,
-Fox
-Bowser
-Mario
-Pit
-Link
-Pikachu
-Kirby
-Samus
-Donkey Kong

As well as three new characters.
-Mega Man
-Villager
-Wii Fit Trainer

These seem to be the only known characters, but back last year Nintendo showed a development photo.
[User Posted Image]
In that photo you can see Luigi, Meta Knight, Marth, Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, and most interesting, Zero Suit Samus and a lone Pikmin.

Whether Olimar or one of the new captains are in, Pikmin will most likely be there.

Since Samus' Final Smash was shown in the trailer, it is thought you get Zero Suit the same way as in Brawl.

Also in the photo is a Mr.Saturn, which means that Ness or something Earthbound-related will be in.

Then in an interview with IGN, They said the 3DS & Wii U wouldn't release at the same time, one problem being multiple people in one character is hard to program on 3DS, using Ice Climbers as a reference.

So characters most likely put in are:
-Mario
-Luigi
-Wario
-Bowser
-DK
-Samus/Zero Suit
-Kirby
-Meta Knight
-Fox
-Pit
-Pikachu
-Ness
-Pikmin
-Mr.Game & Watch
-Marth
-Ice Climbers
-Link
-Marth
-Villager
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Mega Man
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#110 Posted: 22:48:27 18/06/2013
>No mention of Captain Falcon yet.

Do I have to give someone the Knee of Justice to the face?
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#111 Posted: 00:06:37 19/06/2013
Now that Mario Kart is absorbing elements from F-Zero, I'm worried of CAPTAIN FALCOOOOOOON starting to fade. You must make him awesome in the game, Sakurai. Don't nerf him like you did in Brawl. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#112 Posted: 00:21:14 19/06/2013
Quote: HIR
Now that Mario Kart is absorbing elements from F-Zero, I'm worried of CAPTAIN FALCOOOOOOON starting to fade. You must make him awesome in the game, Sakurai. Don't nerf him like you did in Brawl. <.<;

Reggie says he wants to revive older series, which means that F-Zero U could be a possibility!
#113 Posted: 00:45:29 19/06/2013
^ They did revive Kid Icarus
---
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#114 Posted: 00:50:56 19/06/2013
Bring mewtwo back
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#115 Posted: 01:22:20 19/06/2013
Quote: awesomerockets
^ They did revive Kid Icarus

He had said Kid Icarus and Donkey Kong Country were the first.
#116 Posted: 02:00:51 19/06/2013
Quote: LunarDistortion

Reggie says he wants to revive older series, which means that F-Zero U could be a possibility!

BRING BACK EARTHBOUND!!

..And Punch-Out!!-!!!
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8733
#117 Posted: 02:05:12 19/06/2013
Add Prince Fluff he will be OP.
#118 Posted: 02:35:58 19/06/2013
Quote: Matteomax

BRING BACK EARTHBOUND!!

..And Punch-Out!!-!!!

Earthbound's already coming to the Virtual Console. And Shigesato Itoi said he doesn't plan to ever make another installment in the MOTHER series. Plus, Brownie Brown, the co-developers of MOTHER 3, have been absorbed into Nintendo and now do beta/bug testing. <.<;
---
#119 Posted: 12:51:12 19/06/2013

BRING BACK EARTHBOUND!!

..And Punch-Out!!-!!!

Earthbound's already coming to the Virtual Console. And Shigesato Itoi said he doesn't plan to ever make another installment in the MOTHER series. Plus, Brownie Brown, the co-developers of MOTHER 3, have been absorbed into Nintendo and now do beta/bug testing. <.<;

..At least translate Mother 3 and make it for the 3DS.. smilie

BRING BACK PUNCH-OUT!!

And Ghouls N' Ghosts!
---
#120 Posted: 15:21:47 19/06/2013

BRING BACK EARTHBOUND!!

..And Punch-Out!!-!!!

..At least translate Mother 3 and make it for the 3DS.. ;_;

BRING BACK PUNCH-OUT!!

And Ghouls N' Ghosts!

There's the free fan translation. We'll have to accept it as canon. <.<
---
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#121 Posted: 20:21:05 19/06/2013

Maybe they can name it...
F-U...
FlowxEhtxEbirt Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#122 Posted: 00:03:49 21/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Haven't been on. Surprised people are still talking in here. o:
Sakurai [The guy who makes this game for those that don't know.] Has been saying some stuff for a while. x.x Like he doesn't plan on putting alt costumes as color swaps, like they did with wario in Brawl or with Pichu and jigglypuff. Though, that doesn't mean he wont. He also said the 3DS game wont come out at the same time as the Wii U one, and I forget what else. smilie
---
Do you even pose?
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#123 Posted: 12:04:48 21/06/2013
Do you think they will have version exclusive stages and characters?
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#124 Posted: 12:54:58 21/06/2013
I'm pretty sure they've said that the two versions have the same characters, but the 3DS version has stages from handheld games, while the Wii U one has stages from Home Console games.

I'll find the video explaining this if you want, but I think it may be on here or the E3 thread.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#125 Posted: 16:47:44 21/06/2013
Sakurai shouted out about them thinking about adding Mewtwo.
link
link

Quote: azz01

There will be exclusive stages, but each version will have the same characters.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:49:52 21/06/2013 by Underian
#126 Posted: 00:11:10 22/06/2013
hmm, I can easily see mewtwo in the game.
---
#127 Posted: 00:28:55 22/06/2013
Quote: Underian
link
link

Is there official confirmation that both versions will have the same characters?

Because the official website hints at the opposite being true. If you go to each characters page, they all have a bunch of Wii U screenshots, and two 3DS ones - except for Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, whom only have Wii U screenshots.
---
#128 Posted: 01:06:25 22/06/2013
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote: Underian
link
link

Is there official confirmation that both versions will have the same characters?

Because the official website hints at the opposite being true. If you go to each characters page, they all have a bunch of Wii U screenshots, and two 3DS ones - except for Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, whom only have Wii U screenshots.

link

I'm still looking for some more sources.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6683
#129 Posted: 01:09:30 22/06/2013
Im till expecting Dimentio
---
Gay 4 GARcher
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#130 Posted: 05:57:40 22/06/2013
[User Posted Image]
omg omg omg gaiz
#131 Posted: 06:07:31 22/06/2013
Quote: crystalhero37
[User Posted Image]
omg omg omg gaiz

plz stahp no.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#132 Posted: 09:35:55 22/06/2013

_ _ _
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
King_Pika Blue Sparx Gems: 544
#133 Posted: 11:00:18 22/06/2013
I main Marth, Ness, and Pit.

Now my wishlist + expected cuts

Cuts:
Lucario
Wolf
Pokemon Trainer Red
Toon Link

Wishlist:
Chibi-Robo
Palutena
Shulk
Awakened Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer Rosa w/ Snivy, Dewott, Emboar
Pac-Man
Little Mac
Ghirahim
Toad
Dillon
Tempo

Look at all my new series reps.
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
#134 Posted: 02:20:14 24/06/2013
Palutena all the way.
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6132
#135 Posted: 04:13:01 24/06/2013
If they do a Pokemon Trainer, it would have to be Red or Blue, and seeing as how he is listed as "Pokemon Trainer" and not as Red or anything else, Red is likely to be the only Trainer to ever appear.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Gem-A-Knight Yellow Sparx Gems: 1644
#136 Posted: 08:18:50 24/06/2013
Wait...I thought Meta Knight was confirmed a long time ago to not be in this game?
#137 Posted: 13:58:47 24/06/2013
As a kid, I always wanted to play as Master Hand.

That dream came true with a glitch for Melee. (Don't need any cheat system)

FROM WIKI:
Part 1:
Place the cursor of player three's controller over the name field on the character select screen. On this controller, press A and B simultaneously. Release A, but hold onto B. Scroll down to the "Name Entry" button. If you press A again at the same moment that the game attempts to go back to the menu because of the B button, the game will skip to the Stage Selection screen. Select the stage. If it loads properly, the game has not frozen and you will have performed Method One of the Name Entry glitch with success.

Part 2:
It is performed by not selecting a character on one, some, or all of the four slots (note that although you can use four Master Hands, that he can only be controlled through Port 3). Perform the glitch normally (note that if Method Two is used, at least one character will not be Master Hand). Select the stage (using controller 3 to minimize chances of freezing). When the match starts, Master Hand will fly in laughing maniacally. However, the announcer still says "Ready.. GO!" like in a standard match. If you are able to use Master Hand with controller 3, you have successfully performed the Master Hand glitch.

ANYWAY..

I hope a few more Earthbound elements/levels/characters are added in, and maybe even each Circuit from Punch-Out!!.
---
#138 Posted: 19:52:51 24/06/2013
Quote: Gem-A-Knight
Wait...I thought Meta Knight was confirmed a long time ago to not be in this game?

I highly doubt that. Kirby is Sakurai's big franchise. If anything, expect another Kirby character.
---
#139 Posted: 20:55:28 24/06/2013
^ *coughmagolorcough*
---
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#140 Posted: 21:11:53 24/06/2013
Get. Rid. Of. Falco. Or. Wolf.
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
SilverTris79 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1171
#141 Posted: 22:08:28 24/06/2013

I highly doubt that. Kirby is Sakurai's big franchise. If anything, expect another Kirby character.

Actually,we shouldn't expect a new Kirby character unless Meta Knight is gone.He actually said that he kept King Dedede from being in Melee because he didn't want to over represent his franchise.
---
Need: smilie,smilie
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#142 Posted: 23:10:11 24/06/2013
Add spyro
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#143 Posted: 01:25:52 25/06/2013
Quote: Skylanders fan
Add spyro

As great as that would be, they won't. Spyro is owned by Actvision now and it's likely Sakurai won't go fo them and ask"Hey can we use Spyro in the next Smash Bros?". Its still possible but don't get your hopes up :/
#144 Posted: 01:43:46 25/06/2013
Quote: SilverTris79

Actually,we shouldn't expect a new Kirby character unless Meta Knight is gone.He actually said that he kept King Dedede from being in Melee because he didn't want to over represent his franchise.

Actually, no. Dedede was planned for both 64 and Melee but time constraints led to him being left out. Eventually being top priority for Brawl. I doubt any Kirby characters will be left out.

Personally, I want Prince Fluff to be in this one.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#145 Posted: 01:56:31 25/06/2013

Actually, no. Dedede was planned for both 64 and Melee but time constraints led to him being left out. Eventually being top priority for Brawl. I doubt any Kirby characters will be left out.

IMO, Prince Fluff was never a memorable character and is basically a kirby recolor with some different eyes and a crown. Marx could probably be a playable character with Marx Soul being final smash.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#146 Posted: 02:45:18 25/06/2013
Quote: MoonHorizons

IMO, Prince Fluff was never a memorable character and is basically a kirby recolor with some different eyes and a crown. Marx could probably be a playable character with Marx Soul being final smash.

Well, I guess that answers that. Lol. smilie I love MetaKnight, so I actually hope this is true.

Marx would be really cool, but, I think it would be cooler to see his true form as a boss. If they keep the story mode, I'd like it if they gave other franchises some attention boss wise. There were only bosses from about...4 franchises last time? I don't remember, but it wasn't much.
#147 Posted: 04:18:41 25/06/2013
Quote: MoonHorizons

Epic Yarn was actually Prince Fluffs game at first, Kirby was put in because they thought a new IP wouldn't sell. So he isn't really a re-skin, more coincidence.
#148 Posted: 14:40:30 25/06/2013
The Villager is definitely OP, he can catch any ranged attack, even Samus' Charge Shot!
---
#149 Posted: 15:22:52 25/06/2013
The Villager is definitely OP, he can catch any ranged attack, even Samus' Charge Shot!

You know, in a different way, Ness and Lucas could do the same thing. It's been done before. They just absorb it and heal, instead of being able to throw it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:23:52 25/06/2013 by Gem-A-Knight
#150 Posted: 15:24:46 25/06/2013

You know, in a different way, Ness and Lucas could do the same thing. It's been done before. They just absorb it and heal, instead of being able to throw it.

And Mr. Game and Watch
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me