Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Pokemon Topic Nexus
First | Previous | Page 16 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 48 49 50
The All-Purpose Pokemon Topic Nexus [CLOSED]
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6683
#751 Posted: 21:43:46 10/06/2013
Im getting that pokemon system tote....
---
Gay 4 GARcher
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#752 Posted: 21:54:20 10/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Are those available now? And if they are, where can I buy them? I doubt that they would come out so early before the games, but still, that all looks so cool.

^ No, not yet. It appears like it's a product sheet sent by the Pokemon company to stores to get them to purchase their products to sell in their stores (for example, Pokemon might send one to Target to get Target to purchase the merchandise to sell in their stores). So, it's pretty much an advertisement endorsing Pokemon's upcoming product line. That's why there's that statement in the top right corner about the game's popularity.

I'm guessing that it will show up within a month before the X and Y games are released. So, expect to see them show up in stores sometime in September.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:59:50 10/06/2013 by OpalOsprey
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#753 Posted: 14:03:40 11/06/2013
damn it Fairy type is real.(Sylveon, Gardevoir, Jiglgypuff and presumably others are confirmed fairy type)

Lots of new stuff

http://www.engadget.com/2013/0...mpaign=Engadget
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 14:34:05 11/06/2013 by spyro and sonic
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9034
#754 Posted: 14:41:05 11/06/2013
Hahahaha I can hear all the dragon-type users crying in the background. ^.^b
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
FlowxEhtxEbirt Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#755 Posted: 14:45:06 11/06/2013
Amazing trailer. The two new pokemon shown looked great.
---
Do you even pose?
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#756 Posted: 14:55:54 11/06/2013
"The games will include a new Fairy Pokemon type, the 18th type of Pokemon to be introduced to the franchise. The Fairy type is super effective against Dragons and includes new Eevee evolution Sylveon as well as retroactively including Jigglypuff, Gardevoir, and Marill (though there's no word if these Pokemon will also retain their existing type). A new Pokemon named Noivern was also revealed."
"Nintendo additionally showed off “Pokemon-Amie,” a virtual pet-style feature within X and Y that allows players to form a “deeper connection” with their Pokemon. Players will be able to feed and care for Pokemon and can also pet them using the stylus. The feature was demoed using Pokemon including Pikachu and Snorlax."
#757 Posted: 15:11:43 11/06/2013
Gardevoir is best pokemon.......it can even beat Dragon Types now!
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#758 Posted: 17:47:35 11/06/2013
So the official site confirmed that Vivilion has a pre-evo names Spewpa. Also, the pet feature, it effects the way the pokemon battle. Like one of the pics show the pikachu looking back at you awaiting your next orders and stuff. They showed alot of cool stuff, I can't wait for x and y. And, I didn't believe that fairy thing, but I'm pretty happy it is real.
---
Do you even pose?
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#759 Posted: 17:51:20 11/06/2013
Sylveon is my fave pokemon and now it's even better for beating dragons!
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#760 Posted: 17:52:14 11/06/2013
Quote: joerox123
Sylveon is my fave pokemon and now it's even better for beating dragons!

_____
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#761 Posted: 17:52:52 11/06/2013
[User Posted Image]

---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
#762 Posted: 18:15:39 11/06/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Haha smilie! Jigglypuff is now the ultimate dragon taming Pokemon, everyone fear its power.
_

Wow, it looks like I shouldn't have fallen asleep last night! So the info is already pouring in.

Quote: Serebii.net
During the Nintendo Direct, it was revealed that Pokémon X & Y will include the new Fairy-type which includes Sylveon, Gardevoir, Jigglypuff and Marill and is super effective against Dragon types. Gardevoir is now Psychic/Fairy, Marill is Water/Fairy and Jigglypuff is Normal/Fairy. A new Pokémon was also revealed called Vivilion and one called Noivern.
Noivern's move Boomburst emits an explosive sound wave that damages all nearby Pokémon.
Sylveon has a move called Moonblast, a new Fairy-type move that calls on the power of the moon to attack an opposing Pokémon. This move can be very powerful and also lowers the opposing Pokémon’s Attack stat.
Edit @ 16:15: In addition to this, Vivillon is said to evolve from a Pokémon called Spewpa. No details on this Pokémon have been revealed yet.
A new feature called Pokémon-amie allows you to interact with your Pokémon to help grow your bond. This allows you to play with them and copy their actions. Release date on October 12th worldwide.

Pokémon X & Y - News Timing

On the Nintendo eShop, the Pokémon X & Y data pages have gone up. These pages don't reveal too much about the games, but do confirm that, like all Nintendo developed games, they will be available for digital download, and the games will contain StreetPass and SpotPass functionality. We'll bring more on this as it comes.

Noivern:[User Posted Image]Vivillon:[User Posted Image]

---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:16:58 11/06/2013 by OpalOsprey
#763 Posted: 18:24:02 11/06/2013
Any one else thinks that Noivern looks like an evolution of Swoobat? Like, after taking steroids.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#764 Posted: 18:29:37 11/06/2013
Quote: DragonCamo
Any one else thinks that Noivern looks like an evolution of Swoobat? Like, after taking steroids.

It's Flying/Dragon.
---
Do you even pose?
#765 Posted: 18:32:22 11/06/2013
Quote: FlowxEhtxEbirt
Quote: DragonCamo

It's Flying/Dragon.

oh.......wait, how do you know that?
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#766 Posted: 18:34:04 11/06/2013
It says on site things
#767 Posted: 18:55:13 11/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Here's official artwork of them:

Vivillon:
Type: Bug/Flying
Height: 3' 11"
Weight: 37.5 lbs.
[User Posted Image]

Noivern:
Type: Flying/Dragon
Height: 4' 11"
Weight: 187.4 lbs.
[User Posted Image]
---

Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:57:49 11/06/2013 by OpalOsprey
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#768 Posted: 19:06:16 11/06/2013
I like Noivern. :3

Bat/wyvern hybrid
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#769 Posted: 19:10:28 11/06/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Same, he's pretty cool looking =)! I'm definitely incorporating him in my team.
---

Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#770 Posted: 19:15:16 11/06/2013
Depends on which version he is though lol
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#771 Posted: 19:34:21 11/06/2013 | Topic Creator
^ True, but I'll trade if I have to. Sometimes when there is a version exclusive, a NPC will have it and ask for your version exclusive counterpart to exchange. So, I'm not too worried of not ever being able to obtain it in any way, but it would be neat to include it into my party as early in the game as possible.
_

Here's some info that I kind of missed, sorry if you guys already know about it:

Quote: Official X & Y Website
At Play with Pokémon-Amie!

Show your Pokémon some love with the new Pokémon-Amie feature! Play with your Pokémon, give them treats, and even scratch and pet them using the Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system's Touch Screen.

You can use Pokémon-Amie at any time to play with the Pokémon that are in your team. You'll need to play with them over and over to learn their preferred way of being cared for. Treat them well to make them feel loved. Treat them badly, and they may show their displeasure!

The more you play with your Pokémon, the friendlier they will become. Friendly Pokémon may perform better in battle, and maybe other good things will happen, too!

• [User Posted Image]-You can even pet enormous Pokémon!
  • [User Posted Image] - Large Pokémon take up both screens of your Nintendo 3DS system.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Click this link if you want to see more pictures and learn more about this new feature.

You have to care for your Pokemon in the right way by giving it the correct attention and food. The Pokemon can get upset if you don't care for it properly. So it's almost like Nintendogs, but with Pokemon =).
---

#772 Posted: 20:44:31 11/06/2013
<--- best
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#773 Posted: 20:47:22 11/06/2013
So, Serebii says that pokebeach dudes are at E3, and they discovered a new trailer that shows 3 new pokemon, a Sea Horse, a Crustacean, and a new bird.
---
Do you even pose?
#774 Posted: 21:11:31 11/06/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Yep, Serebii posted that a while ago, so hopefully they'll have it up soon. I'm keeping a watch on their site and the official website. I wonder if the new bird is an evolvence to Fletchling and if the "seahorse" is an alternate evolvence to Seadra.

Edit:

I don't know if this is official, but it looks like what they're talking about:

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

Sorry about the large image sizes.

Edit 2:

This seems to be legit because it has PokeBeach.com marked on each image and Serebii.net said that they were the ones taking the pictures.

So, it looks like the bird is an evolved form of Fletchling and possibly a Flying/Fire type. I'm guessing that the "crustacean" is either a Water/Poison Type, or a Bug/Poison Type.
---

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:47:46 11/06/2013 by OpalOsprey
#775 Posted: 22:18:56 11/06/2013
So, is Pokémon-Aime compatible with any Pokémon? I want to feed and belly rub an Arceus. XP
---
#776 Posted: 22:27:38 11/06/2013
I wanna see the trailer that shows these pokemon. :c Hope someone camcorders it, and puts it on youtube.
---
Do you even pose?
#777 Posted: 22:32:04 11/06/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Same here, hopefully someone will upload it on Youtube.

To HIR:

I'm not sure, but the official website does state that it works with Pokemon in your team, but it doesn't say if all Pokemon in your team support the feature. I wonder how a Wailord would look; you probably could only pet its eye smilie!
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:33:05 11/06/2013 by OpalOsprey
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8756
#778 Posted: 22:32:30 11/06/2013
My dream of a crawl fish Pokemon has came true. Now I can eat one in the Pokemon world.
#779 Posted: 22:35:32 11/06/2013
Quote: OpalOsprey
^ Yep, Serebii posted that a while ago, so hopefully they'll have it up soon. I'm keeping a watch on their site and the official website. I wonder if the new bird is an evolvence to Fletchling and if the "seahorse" is an alternate evolvence to Seadra.

Edit:

I don't know if this is official, but it looks like what they're talking about:

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

Sorry about the large image sizes.

Edit 2:

This seems to be legit because it has PokeBeach.com marked on each image and Serebii.net said that they were the ones taking the pictures.

So, it looks like the bird is an evolved form of Fletchling and possibly a Flying/Fire type. I'm guessing that the "crustacean" is either a Water/Poison Type, or a Bug/Poison Type.

Wait, wait. the two sea horse pics.. One looks different from the other. o: One is red, the other is orange. Maybe the first shiny we've gotten to see in x and y? I mean, it does have some blue lights coming from it in the second pic. Not talking about the reflection.
---
Do you even pose?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:36:25 11/06/2013 by FlowxEhtxEbirt
#780 Posted: 22:36:42 11/06/2013 | Topic Creator
^ No, I'm sure that's just the lighting and it's using a move or another Pokemon used an attack on it.

Quote: somePerson
My dream of a crawl fish Pokemon has came true. Now I can eat one in the Pokemon world.

^ You make Corphish sad:[User Posted Image]

Crawdaunt: And what em I...Chopped liver!? [User Posted Image]
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:38:33 11/06/2013 by OpalOsprey
#781 Posted: 22:38:19 11/06/2013
^ I thought they were lobsters.
#782 Posted: 22:44:31 11/06/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Corphish is from the word "crayfish" and Crawdaunt is crawdad or crawfish (which are alternate names for crayfish) and daunt (to cause to lose courage) or taunt.

Plus they are found in freshwater areas of the games and not in oceans (crayfish are found in pools of freshwater and streams).

But they do look like lobsters and they probably modeled them off of those too.
_

Edit New Info Sky Battles:

[User Posted Image]

Awesome, I've always wanted this since Red version.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:04:33 11/06/2013 by OpalOsprey
#783 Posted: 23:06:31 11/06/2013
Game Freak is really taking advantage of the 3D part unlike most 3DS games.
#784 Posted: 23:26:08 11/06/2013
Quote: OpalOsprey
^ Corphish is from the word "crayfish" and Crawdaunt is crawdad or crawfish (which are alternate names for crayfish) and daunt (to cause to lose courage) or taunt.

Plus they are found in freshwater areas of the games and not in oceans (crayfish are found in pools of freshwater and streams).

But they do look like lobsters and they probably modeled them off of those too.
_

Edit New Info Sky Battles:

[User Posted Image]

Awesome, I've always wanted this since Red version.

There is also a pic of Froakie facing 4 houndour.
---
Do you even pose?
jennacat4 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#785 Posted: 00:25:44 12/06/2013
Fairy? Le gasp.
---
http://youtu.be/gSSUco8AzDU
#786 Posted: 00:36:37 12/06/2013 | Topic Creator
To FlowxEhtxEbirt:

Yes, I saw that one, but I'm questioning its authenticity. If it's real, It might be a minigame of some sort.

[User Posted Image]

The more that I look at it, it's probably legit because of the motion blurring around the characters and the light reflections look like the multiple TV screens around E3.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:39:18 12/06/2013 by OpalOsprey
#787 Posted: 02:02:32 12/06/2013
According to the Twitter feed of the roundtable, the picture Opal has there is of a Horde Encounter, a new mechanic to X/Y. <.<;
---
#788 Posted: 02:24:07 12/06/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Cool, nice find!

Quote: GamesRadar
New battle type in Pokemon X/Y: Horde Encounters. You'll sometimes be swarmed by up to five wild Pokemon. They grant bonus EXP.

Quote: Twitter
@Pokemon : Mr. Masuda is showing a video of a Gogoat encountering a horde of Houndour. Horde Encounters look intense! #PokemonXY

So it sounds like you have a random chance of encountering groups of up to five Pokemon in the wild. I wonder how often this happens and if it's usually lower leveled Pokemon or completely random.

It would be awesome if trainers or the villain team of the game could send out groups of pokemon, like this, at you.
---

King_Pika Blue Sparx Gems: 544
#789 Posted: 02:50:38 12/06/2013
I wanted Fairy-Type so much, and now I can use Wigglytuff in effective play.

blissey for fairy/normal ubers tear
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#790 Posted: 03:27:06 12/06/2013
Noivern seems incredibly boss! Cant wait to catch it and/or its pre-evolution!
#791 Posted: 03:28:23 12/06/2013 | Topic Creator
And here comes more:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
---

#792 Posted: 03:35:47 12/06/2013 | Topic Creator
So the names seem to be released now for the new Pokemon:

Talonflame (Evolved form of Fletchling. Fire/Flying Type. Name should be more original, in my opinion):
[User Posted Image]

Skrelp (Seahorse looking Pokemon. Looks like it's made of kelp. Poison/Water Type):
[User Posted Image]

Clauncher (Lobster/Crayfish-like Pokemon. Water Type):
[User Posted Image]

Edit: Their types are confirmed.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:40:49 12/06/2013 by OpalOsprey
#793 Posted: 03:47:22 12/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Man, it's hard to keep up with all this info rushing in smilie!

The official website has released more info about these new Pokemon:

Talonflame:
An evolved form of the recently announced Fletchling, Talonflame is a Fire- and Flying-type Pokémon that gains a whole new level of speed and firepower. It dives at foes, and then attacks with devastating kicks.
[User Posted Image]

Clauncher:
Clauncher is easily recognizable by the oversized claw on one of its arms. This useful claw can seize prey and shoot water at others as a projectile!
[User Posted Image]

Skrelp:
Disguised by its shape, Skrelp pretends to be a piece of seaweed. When prey gets too close, Skrelp bathes it in poison to keep it from struggling.
[User Posted Image]
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:12:40 12/06/2013 by OpalOsprey
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#794 Posted: 04:28:49 12/06/2013
Clauncher and Skrelp might be Version Exclusives, though Taking a guess here .-. Clauncher for X and Skrelp for Y
---
words. letters. filler.
#795 Posted: 05:20:46 12/06/2013 | Topic Creator
^ That's possible, but I hope that there won't be too many version exclusives.

_

Here are some more things that I forgot to mention:

Returning Features:

• Trading remains similar to the previous generations.
  • Multiple rulesets for battles return.
  • A single save file is in the game still.

New Features:

• Pokémon-Amie is said to have an additional, but currently unclear effect on Pokemon.
  • Backwards compatibility "being worked on"
  • X & Y will make IVs and EVs more visible
  • Different movement types in gyms.
  • You can select specific music tracks before battle with a friend.
  • Players able to choose between languages in the game itself, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, or Korean.
  • Player Search System:
  • You can battle people you Pass By and that's what promotes them to "acquaintances".
  • PSS (Player Search System) will allow players to search for others locally or globally (via Wi-Fi) to battle and trade. Split into Friends, Acquaintances and those you Pass By. They can then be promoted all the way up to friends as you interact and can hold up to 100 friends.
  • Interact with an "acquaintance" more than once and it'll automatically ask you to be your friend.
  • PSS syncs with 3DS Friend List
  • Mounts:
  • Like Gogoat, Rhyhorn is a rideable Pokemon.
  • Sky Battles confirmed, only Flying-types and Levitators can participate.
  • Multiple methods of transportation.
  • Riding different Pokémon helps in different areas. Rhyhorn in rocky areas, for example. Pokémon are borrowed for the task.
---

First | Previous | Page 16 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me