Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Pokemon Topic Nexus
First | Previous | Page 5 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
The All-Purpose Pokemon Topic Nexus [CLOSED]
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#201 Posted: 04:28:09 12/03/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Yes, it deserves to be banned and forsaken for all eternity!...Kidding.

To wanderist:

So is it a good and fun game, I haven't played it yet?
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#202 Posted: 05:23:46 12/03/2013
^ I know its not to me, but yes, I love it.
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
#203 Posted: 06:46:32 12/03/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Thanks, I'm probably going to get it then.

I can't decide if I want the Wii Pokemon Rumble game, or Pokemon Rumble Blast on the 3DS. They both look fun, but Rumble Blast might be a good choice because it's on the 3DS which is portable so I can play it on the go.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#204 Posted: 10:27:30 12/03/2013
Quote: OpalOsprey
^ Thanks, I'm probably going to get it then.

I can't decide if I want the Wii Pokemon Rumble game, or Pokemon Rumble Blast on the 3DS. They both look fun, but Rumble Blast might be a good choice because it's on the 3DS which is portable so I can play it on the go.

I believe Rumble Blast has the Pokemon from Generations II and III mixed in, maybe V. Not sure, though, as I don't actually own it. I DO know, however, that Pokemon Rumble only has Pokemon from Generations I and IV, some of them requiring a code (such as Mew, Sky Forme Shaymin, and other Giratina forme whose name I can't remember). Arceus is not in Rumble but I'm not sure about Rumble Blast.

In case you haven't seen it, I think Pokemon Rumble is sort of like Mystery Dungeon as you run around and fight Pokemon, except it isn't on a grid, you have 2 moves, you can change whenever you want, you don't take turns, and it's a straight path rather than a maze. Also, not sure if this is true on the 3DS version, but there ARE shinies on the Wii version.

Hope I helped, unless you knew all of this already smilie
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#205 Posted: 11:46:25 12/03/2013
Pokemon Rumble is indeed 1 and 4 only. It's also slightly more basic than Blast. (If I call it Super Rumble, then don't mind it, that's it's name over here).

Blast has gens 1-5 available, LOADS more to do, a storyline... Different types of battle. I much prefer Blast due to the portability as well. And yes, no shinies, but thats not much problem, considering there are 3 extra gens worth of 'mons, a longer, more interesting storyline... Outer level areas for exploring/finding new 'mons etc...
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5726
#206 Posted: 12:22:18 12/03/2013
Okay, I really want to know something, but it doesn't really involve the game of Pokémon, but the cards. Does anyone know how much the special edition Golden Pokémon Cards are worth nowadays?
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#207 Posted: 12:28:44 12/03/2013
Quote: zookinator
Okay, I really want to know something, but it doesn't really involve the game of Pokémon, but the cards. Does anyone know how much the special edition Golden Pokémon Cards are worth nowadays?

As in, the ones from Burger King? Not much. They usually only go for about a fiver each on ebay, for example. If it was factory sealed, as if you had just got it out of the Kids Meal, then probably more, but that's asking a bit much.

That said, whilst we're talking about BK, I recall that one of the Kids Meal toys included a plush Articuno. Anyone else recall this? I have some faint memories of having owned one and being distraught about it having gone missing. :/ Want to know whether I imagined this, or whether there WAS indeed an Articuno plush in the set. I've searched and searched online, but... Nothing.

Okay, so now I've had another look, turns out it's a mini applause plush? And people are trying to sell for about £30 on eBay. :/ I REALLY want to get another, but not at these prices.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:47:00 12/03/2013 by bisylizzie
#208 Posted: 20:09:44 12/03/2013
Sorry for going off topic, but does anyone have a spare Eevee that they don't want? Right now I'm willing to trade a Snivy for it, as I'm at a point in the game where I have access to very few Pokemon (going on to my second Gym, that's what I get for restarting). If you don't want Snivy and you have a specific Pokemon you'd like me to get, tell me and I could see if I can get it for you. I don't care about Eevee's gender, although I'd prefer a female one.

If you're interested PM me for my Snivy's stats and information, and if I get more than one trade request I'll probably be asking for the Eevee's stats and choosing based on their IVs, gender, and whether anybody needs a captured Snivy for their Pokedex.
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#209 Posted: 22:18:05 12/03/2013
Alright folks today is the day that CoroCoro is released. From the rumors I posted, we should see stuff today. So far, the last rumor I posted seems to be correct because they gave a little more info on the movie focusing on Mewtwo, but anyone could predict that. So we are either looking at Pinsir and Heracross pre Evolutions or a Tauros pre Evelution and Torkoal evolution.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#210 Posted: 22:41:17 12/03/2013
CoroCoro is starting to leak details. All I can say so far is that there's a Wi-Fi bonus for Black/White/Black 2/White 2 fore pre-ordering tickets to the new movie (I'm guessing it's only Japan). Said bonus is a level 100 Mewtwo, Unnerve for the ability, with the moves Psystrike, Hurricane, Aura Sphere, and Thunder.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#211 Posted: 23:10:37 12/03/2013
Dang, finally got WiFi to work on B/W and now I have to wait 24 hours for the Dream World.
#212 Posted: 00:14:44 13/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks everyone for the information on the Pokemon Rumble games, it's very helpful =)! I'm getting Rumble Blast, because how you guys described it, it sounds like it has a wider range of Pokemon and better gameplay variety.
_

I can't wait to hear what else is leaked from CoroCoro. I hope that they decide to release that Mewtwo outside Japan. I would actually pay to watch that Pokemon movie in theaters. I really miss when they used to show Pokemon movies in the theaters in the US, and how they would give out promotional cards to everyone.
---

LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#213 Posted: 00:34:18 13/03/2013
I'm almost done with the demo, I'm definitely buying Mystery Dungeon now.
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7090
#214 Posted: 00:58:10 13/03/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
Quote: wanderist
Pokemon Rumble made me beat up a bunch of Eevee and the evolutions! D: *cries in corner*

What an evil game ;O;

I know, right? And I haven't even gotten to befriend an Eevee and play as one yet! D:

^ Yes, it deserves to be banned and forsaken for all eternity!...Kidding.

To wanderist:

So is it a good and fun game, I haven't played it yet?

I'm late answering this and I saw you already made your decision, but I love it. I don't love it as much as the main games, but it is very fun. At first I thought the concept was stupid, but once I played the game I quickly got over it.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#215 Posted: 01:04:13 13/03/2013
Something tells me this CoroCoro won't have much (or anything) in the way of Gen VI stuff. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#216 Posted: 01:28:03 13/03/2013 | Topic Creator
^ I'm having the same feeling, too :/...Hopefully at least a little bit of information will be released by the next issue of CoroCoro, but Pokemon X and Y Versions aren't due to come out until October, and that's over half a year from now (eight months, including this month). So, it's possible that we wont see news for a while due to that long window until they release.
_

News from Serebii:
Quote: Serebii.net
Pokémon Rumble U
The first details from CoroCoro have begun to come out. The first of which deal with Pokémon Rumble U. This game for the Wii U is to come in Japan on April 24th 2013 for 1800¥. The game is the first Wii U game to use NFC where you can purchase a figure in Pokémon Center stores and have it appear in game. The figures will launch on the same day for 200¥ each.
05:20: Story wise, the toy Pokémon have been lost from the shop after falling in the river. The task is to get back to the Toy Shop, while facing various bosses such as Chandelure. 6 Standard Figures and 1 Special Figure are to go on sale on April 24th. The figures are trainable and you can record your battle information on them
[User Posted Image]

^
I personally love the idea of purchasing figures and have them show up in the game. I collect Pokemon figures and plushies, so it's like an added bonus. It's almost taking on a Skylanders approach, but thankfully you don't have to buy a ton of characters and they're more of just a bonus.

I really hope that they bring this form of DLC over to the US and outside of Japan. It would also be great if it takes advantage of the Wii U gamepad's RFID reader.

Edit: I found a larger version of the image and I see that it does use the RFID reader. Cool ^.^!
---

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:53:38 13/03/2013 by OpalOsprey
#217 Posted: 10:16:46 13/03/2013
^ I'm having the same feeling, too :/...Hopefully at least a little bit of information will be released by the next issue of CoroCoro, but Pokemon X and Y Versions aren't due to come out until October, and that's over half a year from now (eight months, including this month). So, it's possible that we wont see news for a while due to that long window until they release.
_

News from Serebii:
*snip*

I personally love the idea of purchasing figures and have them show up in the game. I collect Pokemon figures and plushies, so it's like an added bonus. It's almost taking on a Skylanders approach, but thankfully you don't have to buy a ton of characters and they're more of just a bonus.

I really hope that they bring this form of DLC over to the US and outside of Japan. It would also be great if it takes advantage of the Wii U gamepad's RFID reader.

Edit: I found a larger version of the image and I see that it does use the RFID reader. Cool ^.^!

Holy crap... POKELANDERS SHALL RISE! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
I'm telling my friends about this, in the most overexaggerated way possible. smilie
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#218 Posted: 11:47:22 13/03/2013
So Pokemon is doing a Skylanders now, Chaos damn it.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5726
#219 Posted: 12:42:05 13/03/2013
It's not really Skylanders where you have to buy figures to progress or get 100%, but these figures are really just a bonus, as OpalOsprey said.

Another thing. I do hope that Nintendo does decide to release this bundle in America. It will be like Skylanders, only I won't want to buy any other but Fire type starters.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4149
#220 Posted: 15:24:01 13/03/2013
Hey guys, er I was just hoping someone could give me some pointers about these Pokemon :>
For Pokemon white version 2, I need a grass type.
And I can't choose between these guys..

Vileplume
Cacturn
Simisage

I've been searching Seribii and other sites but I can't decide who has the best moves &/or stats..

I would say Simisage
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Stratago Red Sparx Gems: 44
#221 Posted: 18:45:46 13/03/2013
Hey guys, er I was just hoping someone could give me some pointers about these Pokemon :>
For Pokemon white version 2, I need a grass type.
And I can't choose between these guys..

Vileplume
Cacturn
Simisage

I've been searching Seribii and other sites but I can't decide who has the best moves &/or stats..

Well, it depends on what you want. Vileplume is principally a Special Attacker, and Cacturne has balanced Physical and Special attacking prowess, but bad defenses (as many Dark Types do). Cacturne's Speed is awful, IMO, and coupled with its low defenses he's kinda screwed against anything with a Type advantage over it. Simisage is pretty balanced, and much faster than either of the other two, but requires a Stone to evolve, meaning you'll have to level it up if you want Crunch or any of it's late-game moves.

Of the three you listed I'd personally choose Simisage, since he's the most rounded of the three. He also has the biggest, baddest pompadour in the Poke-world.

If it's possible, I suggest breeding one in B/W and then trading the egg to your B/W2 game before hatching it because then your B/W2 character will still be the OT, meaning it'll listen to you regardless of your Badge count. (You can't access Daycare until post-game in B/W2, so if you can't trade I suppose you'll just have to wait.)

Anyway, breed a female Simisage/Pansage with a male Shiftry/Snivy/Servine/Serperior that knows Leaf Storm, because then the baby Pansage will get it, too (which is the only way it can learn the move). Other than that, teach it 3 physically-oriented moves. Leaf Storm sharply drops Special Attack, but if its other moves are physical attacks then the stat drop only matters if you use it more than once, and given Leaf Storm's power that's unlikely.

In all honesty, I'd use none of the three you listed in favor of either Tangrowth or Breloom, who get my vote for the best Grass Types in the game, but that's just me.

Good Luck!

~~~

@ the rest of the forum: I'm new around here, and was wondering what the people think about Xerneas, Sylveon and possibly Yveltal as well being a new Type? Do most here (as they do in other forums) believe Sylveon is Flying Type?
---
A blade that shimmers in prismatic hues. 70% Critical Hit rate.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:49:41 13/03/2013 by Stratago
#222 Posted: 18:49:39 13/03/2013
JUST CONFIRMED SYLVEON IS OCTOPUS TYPE!

Sorry, I was bored. It is CoroCoro release date in Japan so any time now.
---
Stratago Red Sparx Gems: 44
#223 Posted: 19:31:40 13/03/2013
Quote: joerox123

CoroCoro didn't have anything about X&Y this month, or at least nothing has been said about it.
Well, the cover said something about stickers, I think, but that was it, and they were prolly of the starters, Xerneas & Yveltal.
---
A blade that shimmers in prismatic hues. 70% Critical Hit rate.
Bash28 Blue Sparx Gems: 951
#224 Posted: 20:58:46 13/03/2013
Wait so how many actual figures are there for Pokemon Rumble U?
(I mean the figures that can be placed on the Wii U game pad.)
---
"Points for bravery, Stiff."
#225 Posted: 21:10:35 13/03/2013 | Topic Creator
^ It hasn't been announced yet, so no one knows right now, but as seen in the image above, Pikachu is one of them.
---

Bash28 Blue Sparx Gems: 951
#226 Posted: 21:13:26 13/03/2013
^Thank You! smilie I actually want them to make alot.
---
"Points for bravery, Stiff."
#227 Posted: 21:36:15 13/03/2013
I hope they make all of them but not make them all insanely easy to find. I at least want Espeon and Drifloon.
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#228 Posted: 22:11:50 13/03/2013

I'm not sure if it is. I think on Friday though
#229 Posted: 00:03:38 14/03/2013
Does anyone know exactly how to be allowed to keep 2 Pokemon at the Day Care instead of just one?
#230 Posted: 00:34:51 14/03/2013
Quote: fireofexile
Does anyone know exactly how to be allowed to keep 2 Pokemon at the Day Care instead of just one?

Ummmm, by dropping two off.
---
#231 Posted: 00:58:55 14/03/2013
Quote: fireofexile

Ummmm, by dropping two off.

Forgot to say this, but I meant in Black and White. It only lets you drop off one when you first go there.
#232 Posted: 01:12:21 14/03/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Yeap, you should be able to drop off two Pokemon already. Talk to the Daycare Lady and select "Leave Pokemon", and choose your Pokemon to deposit, then she should tell you that they can raise two Pokemon at a time and ask you if you want to let them raise a second one, say "Yes". You should now have two in the Daycare.

Keep in mind that I was referring to my White 2 Version for the text options, so the selections or words might be different in other generations and game versions.

Also if I remember correctly, the Day Cares in Orre region (Pokemon Colosseum games on GameCube) and Kanto only let you raise one Pokemon at a time.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:13:09 14/03/2013 by OpalOsprey
#233 Posted: 01:31:58 14/03/2013
^ Yeap, you should be able to drop off two Pokemon already. Talk to the Daycare Lady and select "Leave Pokemon", and choose your Pokemon to deposit, then she should tell you that they can raise two Pokemon at a time and ask you if you want to let them raise a second one, say "Yes". You should now have two in the Daycare.

Keep in mind that I was referring to my White 2 Version for the text options, so the selections or words might be different in other generations and game versions.

Also if I remember correctly, the Day Cares in Orre region (Pokemon Colosseum games on GameCube) and Kanto only let you raise one Pokemon at a time.

I thought I could only deposit 1 until I get to a certain point in the game. I used to be able to deposit 2 but on this new file when I deposit 1 it doesn't ask to deposit another.
skulldragon95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1672
#234 Posted: 02:04:26 14/03/2013
i really want to get X and gti
---
Fired up for victory
#235 Posted: 02:20:04 14/03/2013
^I want both too, not sure if I want X or Y yet, depends on what my friends get. I'm probably going to wait a while for GTI and get Harmo-Knight first, since I can play the GTI demo until I run out of circles to find.
#236 Posted: 02:30:58 14/03/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Also keep in mind that the Demo has a limited amount of times that you can open and play it (starts at 30 and goes down from there). To view how many you have left, select the demo (but don't open it) and the remaining amount should be displayed on the upper screen under the game's title image.
---

#237 Posted: 02:34:29 14/03/2013
^Yeah, I know, I've been trying to manage my plays wisely. Still got 28 plays left.
#238 Posted: 03:03:52 14/03/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Nice, I have 26 left.

I accidently stole one of Kecleon's items and he took out my team in seconds X)!
---

#239 Posted: 03:07:40 14/03/2013
^ Nice, I have 26 left.

I accidently stole one of Kecleon's items and he took out my team in seconds X)!

See, I got my friend to try out the demo. He loved it and I think he'll be getting the game, which is great. So we've been trying to steal from Kecleon in the Magnagate. So far, the scores...
Me: 0
Him: 0
It's a fun challenge smilie

Also, just did the Dream World. For some stupid reason I thought Meditite evolved into Gallade. I need to play Pokemon more...
#240 Posted: 03:24:28 14/03/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Good luck on the stealing from Kecleon challenge =)!

I can kind of see why you would think that because they are both Psychic + Fighting types. Shiny Gallade also has similar body shapes and color scheme to Meditite.

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
Kind of interesting...
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:25:15 14/03/2013 by OpalOsprey
#241 Posted: 03:37:37 14/03/2013
^ Good luck on the stealing from Kecleon challenge =)!

I can kind of see why you would think that because they are both Psychic + Fighting types. Shiny Gallade also has similar body shapes and color scheme to Meditite.

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
Kind of interesting...

Actually, I thought Gallade was Metal + Fighting... I really don't know my Generation III Pokemon that much...
Wait, is Gallade 4th gene-- nevermind... xD
#242 Posted: 03:49:11 14/03/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Yeah, it's Gen. 4, but its pre-evolved forms (Ralts, and Kirlia) are Gen. 3. Male Kirlia evolve into Gallade when you use a Dawn Stone on them. If Kirlia reaches level 30 and you didn't evolve it into Gallade yet, it will evolve into Gardevoir, which is a Gen 3. Pokemon. Both Male and Female Kirlia can evolve into Gardevoir.
---

#243 Posted: 04:00:20 14/03/2013
^ Yeah, it's Gen. 4, but its pre-evolved forms (Ralts, and Kirlia) are Gen. 3. Male Kirlia evolve into Gallade when you use a Dawn Stone on them. If Kirlia reaches level 30 and you didn't evolve it into Gallade yet, it will evolve into Gardevoir, which is a Gen 3. Pokemon. Both Male and Female Kirlia can evolve into Gardevoir.

I don't see how you could possibly remember this stuff xD Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a better Pokemon in the Dream World.
Which reminds me... Anyone know what zone Eevee is in?
#244 Posted: 04:14:43 14/03/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Eevee is found in the Dream Park area, which you'll need over 10,000 Dream Points to unlock Eevee to show up there.

I've been playing Pokemon quite a while (at least 11 years), but I still have to look up things to help refresh my memory. I had to check on the correct way to spell Kirlia, because I sometimes want to add an extra "i" so it says, "Kirilia" instead.
---

#245 Posted: 04:39:51 14/03/2013
^ I love Elektross and up until recently spelt it like that: Elektross, until I looked it up on Bulbapedia and realized it was two Es, Eelektross.
---
#246 Posted: 05:10:33 14/03/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Yeah, trying to remember how to spell their names can be difficult. A lot of Pokemon have strange names too X). I usually try to add more vowels to the names or even mix up and rearrange letters around in the names, but I think that's due to my dyslexia because I tend to do that often with other words.

Until recently, I always thought that Luxray was spelled Luxaray X). Until I saw a certain Pokemon episode, I thought that Sawsbuck didn't have the second "s" so it was just "Sawbuck". Though, I don't seem to have any trouble pronouncing and spelling Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon names, I'm not sure why.
_

I can't wait for Rumble U (hehe, that name almost sounds like how Scooby-Doo or Astro from the Jetsons would pronounce the letter "W"). Hopefully, there will be a large variety of toy figures to collect in stores and maybe some extra rare ones (maybe even Shinies).
---

#247 Posted: 06:30:49 14/03/2013
^ Oh my gosh, I thought it was Luxaray, Sawbuck, and also Thunderus.
---
First | Previous | Page 5 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me