Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > My opinion why I think Sklanders is better than others
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
My opinion why I think Sklanders is better than others [CLOSED]
Secret Red Sparx Gems: 36
#1 Posted: 17:02:44 06/03/2013 | Topic Creator
This is only my opiniion so dont be mad ok?

Ok good I am only 7 so dont hate on my spelling although I write in word so it corrects lots of my spelling mistakes.

I think spyro is good on skylanders better because he looks more evil. Evil is good because it shows more character than just a normal friendly dragon. Also orginal spyro looks more lick a kids game because he is more friendly and is design isnt as good in my opinion.

The gameplay in skylanders is better too because u get toys and u dont on other spyros i dont think. Also you dont just have gems u also got hats and treasure and we can have more fun and it is for older people.

So what do you think of my opinon also this is just opinion so dont hate guys smilie
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#2 Posted: 17:12:20 06/03/2013
Quote: Secret

Ok good I am only 7 so dont hate on my spelling although I write in word so it corrects lots of my spelling mistakes.

I think spyro is good on skylanders better because he looks more evil. Evil is good because it shows more character than just a normal friendly dragon. Also orginal spyro looks more lick a kids game because he is more friendly and is design isnt as good in my opinion.

The gameplay in skylanders is better too because u get toys and u dont on other spyros i dont think. Also you dont just have gems u also got hats and treasure and we can have more fun and it is for older people.

So what do you think of my opinon also this is just opinion so dont hate guys smilie

Wow, you're only 7?!

Ok, your opinion is fine. Being a Classic fan, I will say this: The first 3 are aimed at little children, but older people love them too. Spyro isn't supposed to be evil, but the villians are, and they look it. Spyro IS a normal friendly dragon, out to save the world from evil. IMO, I hate the design for Skylanders Spyro. Also, the toys, you can get Spyro plushies. Plus the first 3 games were made in 1998-2000. Technology wasn't as advanced as it is now. They are just simple platform games, and they started all this so....yeah, that's basically my point.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#3 Posted: 17:52:34 06/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Jaggedstar

Wow, you're only 7?!

Ok, your opinion is fine. Being a Classic fan, I will say this: The first 3 are aimed at little children, but older people love them too. Spyro isn't supposed to be evil, but the villians are, and they look it. Spyro IS a normal friendly dragon, out to save the world from evil. IMO, I hate the design for Skylanders Spyro. Also, the toys, you can get Spyro plushies. Plus the first 3 games were made in 1998-2000. Technology wasn't as advanced as it is now. They are just simple platform games, and they started all this so....yeah, that's basically my point.

But games are the same whenever they were made..Also I have no idea why you would hate skylanders spyro becuase he looks cool.
VeronicaTheFox Ripto Gems: 22
#4 Posted: 18:14:27 06/03/2013

Something worries me about when you say "Evil is good because it shows more character", and you are only 7.
mrhoix Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#5 Posted: 18:44:50 06/03/2013
Quote: VeronicaTheFox

Something worries me about when you say "Evil is good because it shows more character", and you are only 7.

Something strange about this kid!
---
I'm making a spyro fangame called: Spyro: The dragon Eclipse.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:45:10 06/03/2013 by mrhoix
VeronicaTheFox Ripto Gems: 22
#6 Posted: 19:16:33 06/03/2013
Quote: mrhoix

Something strange about this kid!

A-MEN.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#7 Posted: 20:28:00 06/03/2013

^This, he's not supposed to look evil in the first 3 games anyway, he's supposed to look like a friendly dragon, imagine if you were playing as Ripto and he was the good guy, but still designed the same way. Weird right?
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
#8 Posted: 21:15:54 06/03/2013
Quote: TorchSheep

^This, he's not supposed to look evil in the first 3 games anyway, he's supposed to look like a friendly dragon, imagine if you were playing as Ripto and he was the good guy, but still designed the same way. Weird right?

Basically what I said smilie
---
oh my god
#9 Posted: 21:17:16 06/03/2013

Basically what you just said, that I just said, that you just said.
---
#10 Posted: 21:28:54 06/03/2013

lost me smilie
---
oh my god
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#11 Posted: 21:42:15 06/03/2013
You're seven.

You may use speak-chat but you're seven.

He's voicing his opinion on a website--a forum. And he's seven.

I may not play Skylanders (I haven't the money to buy a PS3/3DS/etc. and Spyro's Adventure/giants at the moment) but dang, kiddo. I tip my winter hat to you, youngster.
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
#12 Posted: 21:43:20 06/03/2013

lost me smilie

TorchSheep:GAAAAAAASP! We lost Jaggedstar everybody!
*busts into dS Krusty Krab*
Alright! Listen up y'all! I'm roundin' up a search party! Jaggedstar's gone missing!
ClayFace: smilie
dark52: Man the lifeboats!
TorchSheep: Alpha Team, you search uptown! Gold Team searches downtown! Any questions?
HIR: Gold Team Rules!
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#13 Posted: 21:53:54 06/03/2013

Evil is good because it shows more character? Do you even know what you're talking about? lol.
I know you're only seven, so I guess I should go easy on you.
Have you played any of the older Spyro games? Because if you haven't, you can't really say that Skylanders is better, since you haven't played the older ones to judge it. And any game can be for older people, just because it has 3+ or 7+ doesn't mean that kids can only play it. And you get to collect quite a lot of things in the older Spyro games too, like in Spyro 1, you collect dragon eggs after chasing the thieves down, you collect gems laying around, or in chests, and metal chests, and chests that you need a key for. In Spyro 2, you get to collect talismans, and orbs, and in 3, you get to collect dragon eggs again, but these ones have their own little animations to them.

Your opinion is okay, you're only a kid afterall.
#14 Posted: 22:35:03 06/03/2013

lost me smilie

TorchSheep:GAAAAAAASP! We lost Jaggedstar everybody!
*busts into dS Krusty Krab*
Alright! Listen up y'all! I'm roundin' up a search party! Jaggedstar's gone missing!
ClayFace: smilie
dark52: Man the lifeboats!
TorchSheep: Alpha Team, you search uptown! Gold Team searches downtown! Any questions?
HIR: Gold Team Rules!

GUESTBOOK!
*Still lost me smilie*
---
oh my god
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#15 Posted: 22:56:33 06/03/2013
Well Secret, you're the target demographic for the Skylanders games, so it's a good thing you like them a lot. Times were different when the original Spyro games came out. Games were not as popular as they are today and Insomniac Games (the developer) created Spyro for a different audience than Activision made Skylanders for.

As for the gameplay, yeah I don't think Skylanders is as fun. It's rather repetitive and you do the same thing every level: beat up monsters and occasionally solve simple puzzles. The classic games had a wide variety of different challenges on top of the exploration that every level offered. So I definitely like the old Spyro games better. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#16 Posted: 23:11:02 06/03/2013
Personally I think Skylanders looks more childish than Classic Spyro.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#17 Posted: 00:21:09 07/03/2013
stop hatin on the kid people, he is only 7!

I get where he is coming from though, the figure seems, malicious....
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#18 Posted: 00:38:38 07/03/2013
They weren't hating on him, they were actually being very mature...
Also, same as what HIR said.
Skylanders is for your age group.....
Don't see how Evil is better looking though.
And.....
Pretty much agree with what everyone else has said.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#19 Posted: 12:17:52 07/03/2013
Isn't 7 a bit young to be on this site?
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#20 Posted: 13:38:24 07/03/2013
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Isn't 7 a bit young to be on this site?

I once asked that before a while back, and the response I got was "Well, it is designed for kids, so you've got to expect young people to be on here." It does seem strange just letting a kid loose on the internet, but if they are supervised, then I don't see what's wrong with it.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#21 Posted: 13:52:26 07/03/2013
Skyro is still ugly imo.

The body is ok, but then you get to the face.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#22 Posted: 15:04:25 07/03/2013
Whoa,you might be 7,but you just wrote a post I woudn't be able to write when I was 10. Regardless of what you said you need a free internet for being able to do this,asap.

Though,of course,I have to disagree on some stuff.Skylanders is always at the same level of the Classics for me,both are good for different reasons. But mostly it's that thing about Skyro looking evil. That's NOT a good thing,despite the fact that it really gives more personality,specially when you're talking about a hero. However,it does give him something to remember,old Spyro was just a stand-out because he was first and had an iconic palette. Remove that and you've got a bland jerk that somehow had several games before getting even more bland in Legend.
About the game,the toys thing doesn't change anything,except the price. Gameplay is pretty much the same sans memorable minigames from Classic,and maybe a bit less interaction with the actual characters.The older games also had just as much collectibles,if not more,than Skylanders,though they were more frustrating to find and had uses other than upgrades and appearance.

tl;dr- Both series are good,just in their own ways,thus Classic and Skylanders are in the same level. Legend is,uh...special in its own way,before derailing.
And don't go hating on the kid,guys,those 'omg you haven't played the older games you don't know what they were like' arguments don't make him any less wrong;I doubt he has old consoles and most parents wouldn't let a kid buy stuff on the PSN.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#23 Posted: 15:07:52 07/03/2013
Quote: Bifrost
Whoa,you might be 7,but you just wrote a post I woudn't be able to write when I was 10. Regardless of what you said you need a free internet for being able to do this,asap.

Though,of course,I have to disagree on some stuff.Skylanders is always at the same level of the Classics for me,both are good for different reasons. But mostly it's that thing about Skyro looking evil. That's NOT a good thing,despite the fact that it really gives more personality,specially when you're talking about a hero. However,it does give him something to remember,old Spyro was just a stand-out because he was first and had an iconic palette. Remove that and you've got a bland jerk that somehow had several games before getting even more bland in Legend.
About the game,the toys thing doesn't change anything,except the price. Gameplay is pretty much the same sans memorable minigames from Classic,and maybe a bit less interaction with the actual characters.The older games also had just as much collectibles,if not more,than Skylanders,though they were more frustrating to find and had uses other than upgrades and appearance.

tl;dr- Both series are good,just in their own ways,thus Classic and Skylanders are in the same level. Legend is,uh...special in its own way,before derailing.
And don't go hating on the kid,guys,those 'omg you haven't played the older games you don't know what they were like' arguments don't make him any less wrong;I doubt he has old consoles and most parents wouldn't let a kid buy stuff on the PSN.

I don't see anyone hating on the kid, you're jumping to conclusions a bit there, but it's also not fair to compare two gaming series that are different from each other if you haven't played the other one yet, it doesn't seem logical. You do have to point that out even though they're only seven, you can't just except it because of that.

And if he get's butthurt about out opinions then that means he's being a bit hypocritical, because he has even stated himself "It's only my opinion" and then gone to say "What do you think of my opinion?" So he basically wants a reaction, so we gave him one, lol, and we have to remind him that it's just our opinion too. And then the phrase comes into it which is: "WELCOME TO THE INTERNET."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:10:42 07/03/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#24 Posted: 16:23:23 07/03/2013
Quote: kardonis

No one on this topic was hating on him. Jumping to conclusions much?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#25 Posted: 16:26:47 07/03/2013
Quote: Aura24

No one on this topic was hating on him. Jumping to conclusions much?

^ Pretty much this, everybody's entitled to their own opinion, nobody's 'hatin' on anyone, everyone's just discussing their opinion on the matter.
---
#26 Posted: 21:41:10 07/03/2013

Ummmmmmm... I had far better grammar than that at 10. I have a clear memory as I just turned 11.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#27 Posted: 21:48:00 07/03/2013
Quote: Kariana

---
oh my god
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5415
#28 Posted: 23:01:41 07/03/2013

Wow, you're only 7?!

But games are the same whenever they were made..Also I have no idea why you would hate skylanders spyro becuase he looks cool.

We do have opinions... And in all truth, Skylanders is kiddo-optimized. It's not as difficult as the originals and it only takes longer to finish than the first 3 because you have to travel to a store and spend an unnecessary amount of money on PLAYABLE CHARACTERS. Not saying adults can't play it, but Skylanders is very shy of a "big kids game". And I don't like Spyro's new design either because I THINK he looks ugly. But that's my opinion too. I respect your opinion and I'm not gonna hate, but you have to respect others' opinions, too.

This. The originals were more straightforward. The commercials also were more mature (with the exception of Spyro 1's) in a way. Skylanders... They way they advertise it is kinda like the promotion of a new generation of Hot-Wheels. But, this all falls into opinion once again...
---
BREATHE AIR.
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#29 Posted: 23:12:02 07/03/2013
I dislike both and their fanbases equally.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#30 Posted: 00:54:30 08/03/2013
[quote=Ryanator20x6

Ummmmmmm... I had far better grammar than that at 10. I have a clear memory as I just turned 11.[/quote]

I was a complete idiot at the time,considering that's when I really got into using the internet and learning english. I did speak well and stuff,but I couldn't talk about opinions at all until I became 12.
Also,about jumping on conclusions,I skimmed through some posts and thought people were criticizing him for talking about Skylanders,I probably read something wrong.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
VespiDragon8 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6766
#31 Posted: 02:50:07 08/03/2013
Ok, opinions are opinions, and everyone says his own.
And me, I say that's not true. I knew the original Spyro The Purple Dragon, playing his first game, and I must say that with this design, comparing with the design of Skylanders is in an extremely different and something ugly. So even the design of Spyro in the games of "The Legend of Spyro" is better than that in Skylanders. And yet, there are people who say their best being the classic Spyro, and that legend is something strange and ugly. But comparing this design with the design of Skylanders, they decided to retract it a little, and others retracted much.

@ Secret. But if you like more Skylanders than the old Spyro games, well, while you're happy with that, because that is important in a videogame.

So even I agree that Skyalnders in general is a good series and I would like to have them, but on one condition and that is: I never say that Sky Spyro is better than the orginal Spyro. And no one will convince me that this is the same Spyro. For me, it is another purple dragon with a new design and style Skyland Dragon, to which they called Spyro to give only fame and attraction.
#32 Posted: 17:27:20 08/03/2013 | Topic Creator

I tink you r rite!

Theres so much 2 reed!

Quote: Ice Dragoness
Skyro is still ugly imo.

hes not ugly smilie

Y did u rite fullstops?

Quote: Sesshomaru75
This is only my opinion, so don't be mad, okay?

Okay good. I am only seven, so don't hate on my spelling although I write in word so it corrects lots of my spelling mistakes.

1. I think Spyro looks better in Skylanders because he looks more evil. Evil is good because it shows more character than just a normal friendly dragon. Also original Spyro looks more like a kids game because he is more friendly and his design isn't as good in my opinion.

2. The game play in Skylanders is better too because you get toys and you don't on other Spyro games I don't think. Also you don't just have gems, you also have hats and treasures and we can have more fun and it is for older people.

3. So what do you think of my opinion? Also, this is just opinion, so don't hate guys. smilie

I'm afraid that I might have to let out a bit of hate.

*snip*

I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I wanted to share my opinion just as you felt the need to share yours. Just sayin' ain't no reason to be hatin' Sess out! (leaves in a cloud of smoke)

(inb4 gets chewed out for "hating" on a seven year old) (and omg that was a much bigger post than what I thought it was lol)

1. u rite too much and its for nothing cos yor opiion isnt good. I no its yor opinion but i dont like it.

2. im neva playing the original games they dont look good becos its just too childish

3. i havent played original i just seen utube videos wen I type spyro in. wen i type spyro in i get too much videos that not skylanders and that anoys me. when i type spyro i expect skyalnders not nintendo snes spyro games.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:44:01 08/03/2013 by HIR
#33 Posted: 18:43:40 08/03/2013

I tink you r rite!

Theres so much 2 reed!

Skyro is still ugly imo.

hes not ugly smilie

Y did u rite fullstops?

This is only my opinion, so don't be mad, okay?

Okay good. I am only seven, so don't hate on my spelling although I write in word so it corrects lots of my spelling mistakes.

1. I think Spyro looks better in Skylanders because he looks more evil. Evil is good because it shows more character than just a normal friendly dragon. Also original Spyro looks more like a kids game because he is more friendly and his design isn't as good in my opinion.

2. The game play in Skylanders is better too because you get toys and you don't on other Spyro games I don't think. Also you don't just have gems, you also have hats and treasures and we can have more fun and it is for older people.

3. So what do you think of my opinion? Also, this is just opinion, so don't hate guys. smilie

I'm afraid that I might have to let out a bit of hate.

*snip*

I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I wanted to share my opinion just as you felt the need to share yours. Just sayin' ain't no reason to be hatin' Sess out! (leaves in a cloud of smoke)

(inb4 gets chewed out for "hating" on a seven year old) (and omg that was a much bigger post than what I thought it was lol)

1. u rite too much and its for nothing cos yor opiion isnt good. I no its yor opinion but i dont like it.

2. im neva playing the original games they dont look good becos its just too childish

3. i havent played original i just seen utube videos wen I type spyro in. wen i type spyro in i get too much videos that not skylanders and that anoys me. when i type spyro i expect skyalnders not nintendo snes spyro games.

You're seven years old...
---
mrhoix Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#34 Posted: 20:34:04 08/03/2013
I doubt that this kid is even seven years old. He seems more like a troll to me, especially from how he responded to my long post.

He is clearly a troll!
---
I'm making a spyro fangame called: Spyro: The dragon Eclipse.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:34:37 08/03/2013 by mrhoix
#35 Posted: 21:33:20 08/03/2013
[quote=Ryanator20x6

Ummmmmmm... I had far better grammar than that at 10. I have a clear memory as I just turned 11.

I was a complete idiot at the time,considering that's when I really got into using the internet and learning english.[/quote]

That's a bit different.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#36 Posted: 03:39:42 09/03/2013
Quote: mrhoix
I doubt that this kid is even seven years old. He seems more like a troll to me, especially from how he responded to my long post.

He is clearly a troll!

Yes, he IS a troll <.<

By the way, I'll post my "Opinion" Later...
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#37 Posted: 17:25:17 11/03/2013

Origanal spyro is annoying

Claims to be 7, hasn't even played the originals and based on his opinions on the looks, and tells others that their opinions "isn't good"...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:26:09 11/03/2013 by Aura24
#38 Posted: 17:31:19 11/03/2013 | Topic Creator

STOP CALLING ME TROLL is this name pepul come up wif for me? Trol isnt a good creativ name!

Origanal spyro is annoying

Claims to be 7, hasn't even played the originals and based on his opinions on the looks, and tells others that their opinions "isn't good"...

ITS MY OPINYEN GET OVER IT
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:55:57 11/03/2013 by HIR
#39 Posted: 17:33:23 11/03/2013
A troll is an internet name for users who purposely harass and bring arguments to online communities for their own amusement, such as cyberbullying and repeatedly lashing out at users for having different opinions their own...
---
#40 Posted: 17:36:36 11/03/2013 | Topic Creator
A troll is an internet name for users who purposely harass and bring arguments to online communities for their own amusement, such as cyberbullying and repeatedly lashing out at users for having different opinions their own...

-__________- I didnot no that!
#41 Posted: 17:45:17 11/03/2013
Though trolls can pretend to be young children, like seven years old, and pretend they don't know any better by lashing out at users for having a different opinion than their own.
---
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#42 Posted: 17:48:41 11/03/2013

STOP CALLING ME TROLL is this name pepul come up wif for me? Trol isnt a good creativ name!

What's your opinion on my opinion of your opinion's opinion on opinions of mine that are based on your opinions?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#43 Posted: 21:57:51 11/03/2013
Aura, I think it's just best to ignore him in this case. You can't get through to everyone. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#44 Posted: 22:07:23 11/03/2013
bubbles

bubbles.

bubbles

bubbles

bubbles.

bubbles

bubbles

bubbles

bubbles

bubbles

bubbles

Yes, well, when we type spyro into Amazon we don't expect skylanders.

edit-I put bubbles to make the massive quote block seem smaller. didnt work....
---
oh my god
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:49:16 11/03/2013 by Jaggedstar
#45 Posted: 22:32:31 11/03/2013
Quote: HIR
Aura, I think it's just best to ignore him in this case. You can't get through to everyone. <.<;

I'm aware of that.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me