Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Elijah Wood talks about Skylanders and says Spyro will never die
Page 1 of 1
Elijah Wood talks about Skylanders and says Spyro will never die [CLOSED]
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#1 Posted: 02:05:04 25/02/2013 | Topic Creator
On Elijah Wood's deviantart page, he talked about the ending of Dawn of the Dragon and his opinion on Skylanders: http://browse.deviantart.com/a...r-Die-356219740

Quote:
I am sorry to say but I believe that the Legend of Spyro is done. After Dawn of the Dragon we didn't know where to go next, it was the end of Spyro's story, so we ended it with them flying in the Valley of Alavar. Skylanders has ruin it for Spyro though, I think that they should have stopped with the Spyro deal, so his legend could stay like it was, not with Skylanders. But, the deal with Skylanders is that it is getting a lot of money for selling them, including the game. I wouldn't think that they would bring such a thing out after Dawn of the Dragon. But for all the fans of Spyro out there, just remember that the true story is within your minds, and Spyro's tale will never end, only if you want it to. Don't stop believing in Spyro's legend, even I believe in it. Like I said, Spyro's tale will forever rest in your hearts and souls, no matter how far Skylanders go. The way Spyro Dawn of the Dragon ended was the finish, but it is also the start for you to begin what happens next for Spyro and Cynder.
Thank you every Spyro fans out there, if it wasn't for you all, Spyro would be a star in the sky, far away without anything discovered about him.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 02:33:44 25/02/2013
Glad to hear Elijah sorta took the bright side of the Spyro reboot decision..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#3 Posted: 02:41:41 25/02/2013 | Topic Creator
^Yeah, I really wanted to see someone ask him about Spyro being in Skylanders. And I wonder if he's seen any of the fancomics deviantart users have made about Spyro and Cynder's life after Dawn of the Dragon.
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7090
#4 Posted: 02:43:26 25/02/2013
I always wondered what his opinion of Skylanders was. At this point I half agree with what he said, mainly because it's starting to feel like Spyro's presence in the game is shrinking. Don't get me wrong, I love Skylanders, and I'm glad Spyro is in it, and I don't think he's RUINED. I just wish he played a more important role right now, but that's just me. It's true that his presence made it more popular because it appealed to us Spyro fans and still does for some of us, and it can be argued that Skylanders wouldn't exist without Spyro, but we don't know that. Still, it feels like he's slowly fading away, that might just be me right now though.

As for what he said after that, that was absolutely beautiful. I just gained a good bit of respect for him.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:45:06 25/02/2013 by wanderist
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#5 Posted: 03:44:03 25/02/2013
That's a very uplifting message he gave us. It's also kind of funny, because I recall Ted Price stating he was pleased with Skylanders, especially considering how sad he was over how the franchise was treated after Insomniac moved on. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#6 Posted: 12:08:50 25/02/2013
Quote: spyrocrash
On Elijah Wood's deviantart page, he talked about the ending of Dawn of the Dragon and his opinion on Skylanders: http://browse.deviantart.com/a...r-Die-356219740

Quote:
I am sorry to say but I believe that the Legend of Spyro is done. After Dawn of the Dragon we didn't know where to go next, it was the end of Spyro's story, so we ended it with them flying in the Valley of Alavar. Skylanders has ruin it for Spyro though, I think that they should have stopped with the Spyro deal, so his legend could stay like it was, not with Skylanders. But, the deal with Skylanders is that it is getting a lot of money for selling them, including the game. I wouldn't think that they would bring such a thing out after Dawn of the Dragon. But for all the fans of Spyro out there, just remember that the true story is within your minds, and Spyro's tale will never end, only if you want it to. Don't stop believing in Spyro's legend, even I believe in it. Like I said, Spyro's tale will forever rest in your hearts and souls, no matter how far Skylanders go. The way Spyro Dawn of the Dragon ended was the finish, but it is also the start for you to begin what happens next for Spyro and Cynder.
Thank you every Spyro fans out there, if it wasn't for you all, Spyro would be a star in the sky, far away without anything discovered about him.

It's amazing that they say they couldn't think of where to go next. Yeah I know continuation is a bit of a pain, but there's over 100,000 fanfics of what could happen next you'd think it'd be easy.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#7 Posted: 23:20:34 25/02/2013
Well,so much for the 'kind words',but he just said he thinks Skylanders 'ruined' it for Spyro. Thanks,Elijah,breaking the fanbase even more by giving people 'official' opinions is JUST what we needed.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#8 Posted: 23:38:08 25/02/2013
Quote: Sesshomaru75
People can have their opinions. Why is he any different?

To me, Skylanders did ruin Spyro. But the funny thing about that is the fact that Skylanders isn't Spyro, so it can't exactly ruin something if it isn't that thing. I also like Skylanders, but it just isn't Spyro in my honest opinion.

In my honest opinion,it's a spinoff,and still a part of the series.
I'm not saying he has to like the series or something.But commenting about this,specially considering he worked on the series,will probably make thousands of young fans go all 'oh,the guy who voiced Spyro hates the new one,that means I have to hate him too!' and we'll have the fandom wars all over again. It happened so many times,even during LOS though it didn't involve the people who worked on it,why would this be different now?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7090
#9 Posted: 23:59:15 25/02/2013
We're always going to have the fan wars about Skylanders and Spyro altogether. Elijah didn't do anything wrong, in fact what he said may actually be a bit uplifting to some of the people who hate Skylanders and want old Spyro back. It's true that his comment may cause some haters to go "I told you so" but for the most part it shouldn't be much different from when the guy involved in the original three games (I can't remember his name, sorry) said he supported Skylanders. We have one guy who was involved with Spyro saying he supports it and one saying he dosen't, so I guess it's kinda even there, at least.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:00:23 26/02/2013 by wanderist
#10 Posted: 00:41:12 26/02/2013
I'd say Dawn of the Dragon delivered the killing blow, if you ask me. Skylanders is just something entirely different. <.<;
---
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#11 Posted: 02:08:26 26/02/2013
Quote: wanderist
I always wondered what his opinion of Skylanders was. At this point I half agree with what he said, mainly because it's starting to feel like Spyro's presence in the game is shrinking. Don't get me wrong, I love Skylanders, and I'm glad Spyro is in it, and I don't think he's RUINED. I just wish he played a more important role right now, but that's just me. It's true that his presence made it more popular because it appealed to us Spyro fans and still does for some of us, and it can be argued that Skylanders wouldn't exist without Spyro, but we don't know that. Still, it feels like he's slowly fading away, that might just be me right now though.

As for what he said after that, that was absolutely beautiful. I just gained a good bit of respect for him.

^This.

----
Haha...If only Elijah could see all the horrid and disgusting fan fictions about Spyro and Cynder's lives after DotD...
(They are all utter Crap. Nuff' said...)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#12 Posted: 20:50:15 26/02/2013
Mmm...Elijah's eyes...

I reckon that Skylanders is just a spinoff from Spyro, like Joey is from F.r.i.e.n.d.s.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#13 Posted: 22:09:01 26/02/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Yeah, just like how Luigi's Mansion and it's sequel are both spinoffs of the main Mario games.
Almaron Green Sparx Gems: 135
#14 Posted: 20:50:30 27/02/2013
That's more or less what I think; all three series are just part of one big timeline, and each focuses on a different point of time with different characters.
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#15 Posted: 12:41:18 28/02/2013
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: Sesshomaru75
People can have their opinions. Why is he any different?

To me, Skylanders did ruin Spyro. But the funny thing about that is the fact that Skylanders isn't Spyro, so it can't exactly ruin something if it isn't that thing. I also like Skylanders, but it just isn't Spyro in my honest opinion.

In my honest opinion,it's a spinoff,and still a part of the series.
I'm not saying he has to like the series or something.But commenting about this,specially considering he worked on the series,will probably make thousands of young fans go all 'oh,the guy who voiced Spyro hates the new one,that means I have to hate him too!' and we'll have the fandom wars all over again. It happened so many times,even during LOS though it didn't involve the people who worked on it,why would this be different now?

Sorry to be a grammer nazi but please, spaces after full stops and commas, it's hard to read otherwise for me.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#16 Posted: 19:40:03 28/02/2013
Just out of curiosity, why on Earth is everyone assuming that Elijah Wood is on deviantART? I actually thought that it was Deenan (the head admin at the Elijah Wood Always & Forever site), but I decided that it wasn't. Elijah would never post an enormous amount of pictures of himself. He's not egotistical. He's a very private man. Goodness, he was in Russia just a couple of days ago. (I've no idea whether or not if he still is)

I may be biased on Lord of the Rings, but being a fan of him, he would never do such a thing. Everyone is being fooled and not realizing that it's a troll or some dork just stealing pictures from Google images and information from Elijah fan sites.

Besides... if he wanted to get a deviantART account, he would totally go for an awesome username. Not his FULL NAME. That's blasphemy. smilie

But it's nice to know that a big fan of Spyro (and Elijah) thinks this way. I'm sure Mr. Wood would think the same.
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#17 Posted: 11:38:19 01/03/2013
Quote: Radiance
Just out of curiosity, why on Earth is everyone assuming that Elijah Wood is on deviantART? I actually thought that it was Deenan (the head admin at the Elijah Wood Always & Forever site), but I decided that it wasn't. Elijah would never post an enormous amount of pictures of himself. He's not egotistical. He's a very private man. Goodness, he was in Russia just a couple of days ago. (I've no idea whether or not if he still is)

I may be biased on Lord of the Rings, but being a fan of him, he would never do such a thing. Everyone is being fooled and not realizing that it's a troll or some dork just stealing pictures from Google images and information from Elijah fan sites.

Besides... if he wanted to get a deviantART account, he would totally go for an awesome username. Not his FULL NAME. That's blasphemy. smilie

But it's nice to know that a big fan of Spyro (and Elijah) thinks this way. I'm sure Mr. Wood would think the same.

I wasn't fooled, I did think it was a bit strange that someone like Elijah would do such a thing, it's a bit random. I think Elijah probably cares less about the series to be honest, he's most likely happy that he's got the money from it, and that he'll be remembered for doing it, I didn't bother to click on the links to the deviantART, seemed a bit dodgey to me.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#18 Posted: 01:12:42 02/03/2013
Mmm... Elijah Wood has a deviantART Account? That's weird...
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#19 Posted: 02:29:36 02/03/2013
^No, I think it's someone else from some fan website...
---
#20 Posted: 04:31:06 02/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Radiance

Why would posting pictures of himself make him egotistical? Actors do it on Twitter and Facebook all the time.
mrhoix Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#21 Posted: 13:21:21 02/03/2013
This definately is not his DeviantART page.
---
I'm making a spyro fangame called: Spyro: The dragon Eclipse.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me