Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > An idea for after Skylanders
Page 1 of 1
An idea for after Skylanders [CLOSED]
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#1 Posted: 12:28:52 19/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Activision's going to get real bored of Skylanders one day. I just thought, they might make the GBA games and Shadow Legacy playable for the PlayStation. What do you guys think?
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6683
#2 Posted: 13:00:36 19/02/2013
I hope it dosnt happen but after they get bored of Skylanders, their probably going to milk the Crash francise as much as they can, destoying it in the process
---
Gay 4 GARcher
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#3 Posted: 14:01:29 19/02/2013
They will only get bored of Skylanders when they stop making so much money on it.
#4 Posted: 14:14:13 19/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
They will only get bored of Skylanders when they stop making so much money on it.

Which may happen soon. Parents surely can't keep buying their kids so may toys like this
---
oh my god
#5 Posted: 14:28:33 19/02/2013
Quote: Jaggedstar

Which may happen soon. Parents surely can't keep buying their kids so may toys like this

I suppose they can when they've got two wages coming in, and it depends if they get a good wage as well.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10445
#6 Posted: 15:28:58 19/02/2013
Well the demise of Skylanders will become some day. It's a thad. Toys + videogames is innovative idea and probably will carry on for a few years from now on untill the point when the new competition will be too tough and people's game consuming needs will shift from the format.

But what will happen after Skylanders? That's a tough one to know. I think that they will not create any of older games for updated platforms if the Skylanders will not enjoy astronomical success in long-term run. It is just not profitable.

Perhaps the future will be in the social media? Can there be a way to combine social media and create the games of future to be highly interactive? I could see this as one of the fields that gaming industry has not fully explored and exploited.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#7 Posted: 21:11:16 19/02/2013
Really? People have been saying they'd get tired of Call of Duty since Modern Warfare came out. If anything, this is a decade down the road at a minimum... <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#8 Posted: 01:47:43 20/02/2013
Unfortunately I think Activision will never stop making Skylander games because they just care about money...
STOP BUYING THAT TOYS **** IT!!
Sorry about that :3

BUT if Activision get's tired of making more Skylander games (probably for Money problem OR With the Incoming game Disney Infinity), they should LISTEN to the fans once and for all, it is that so hard Activision? Really?
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#9 Posted: 01:59:32 20/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: SamXala
Unfortunately I think Activision will never stop making Skylander games because they just care about money...

BUT if Activision get's tired of making more Skylander games (probably for Money problem OR With the Incoming game Disney Infinity), they should LISTEN to the fans once and for all, it is that so hard Activision? Really?

I think that after 2, even 1, more Skylanders games after Swap Force will be it. They'll run out of ideas, get bored, whatever.
---
oh my god
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#10 Posted: 02:32:21 20/02/2013

Yes it is that hard because everyone has different ideas for the games and Activision can't take every single fans idea and put it into one game.
#11 Posted: 02:37:40 20/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyrocrash

Yes it is that hard because everyone has different ideas for the games and Activision can't take every single fans idea and put it into one game.

They should have a vote with three options
---
oh my god
#12 Posted: 06:44:10 20/02/2013
I think Activision are too scared in losing a profit if they were going back to the Legend, or Classic series, if it was only going to be a "one off." Even if it means just losing a few thousand, which probably to them is like losing £1. (And then they will treat it like it's the end for the business.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:44:46 20/02/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
#13 Posted: 11:54:35 20/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I think Activision are too scared in losing a profit if they were going back to the Legend, or Classic series, if it was only going to be a "one off." Even if it means just losing a few thousand, which probably to them is like losing £1. (And then they will treat it like it's the end for the business.)

They would probably get more if they did a reboot of TLOS, because of the Legend fans. Skyro's parents may also join the Legend fans and wahoo, they have money. Not that they need more.
---
oh my god
#14 Posted: 11:56:24 20/02/2013

They would probably get more if they did a reboot of TLOS, because of the Legend fans. Skyro's parents may also join the Legend fans and wahoo, they have money. Not that they need more.

I don't know, surely there's got to be an equal amount of fans on both sides of the trilogy; don't forget that some people like both the LOS and the originals.
#15 Posted: 12:01:24 20/02/2013 | Topic Creator

I don't know, surely there's got to be an equal amount of fans on both sides of the trilogy; don't forget that some people like both the LOS and the originals.

Exactly, if there's an equel amount then what have they got to worry about?
---
oh my god
#16 Posted: 12:19:12 20/02/2013

Their reputation?
#17 Posted: 12:37:58 20/02/2013 | Topic Creator

Their reputation?

Eh....
---
oh my god
#18 Posted: 12:54:08 20/02/2013

Their reputation?

Eh....

Never mind, all good things must come to an end, it just annoys me how franchises like Mario, and CoD that use the same formula over and over again and manage to get away with it, and yet Spyro can't. Not that I want Spyro to be milked.
#19 Posted: 14:50:32 20/02/2013 | Topic Creator

Their reputation?

Eh....

Never mind, all good things must come to an end, it just annoys me how franchises like Mario, and CoD that use the same formula over and over again and manage to get away with it, and yet Spyro can't. Not that I want Spyro to be milked.

I guess D:
---
oh my god
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me