Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5
Future of Spyro [CLOSED]
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#201 Posted: 02:48:45 12/02/2013
Activision = Moneybags xD!!!
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#202 Posted: 02:49:30 12/02/2013
At least Spyro's not owned by Electronic Arts...
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#203 Posted: 14:27:31 12/02/2013
Quote: HIR

I don't think it would make a whole deal of difference would it?
#204 Posted: 17:17:34 12/02/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

I think it would... either he'd COMPLETELY get the axe, or probably be in a series of lousy downloadable or iOS games where you have to constantly pay to access all the content. <.<;
---
#205 Posted: 21:41:10 12/02/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

I think it would... either he'd COMPLETELY get the axe, or probably be in a series of lousy downloadable or iOS games where you have to constantly pay to access all the content. <.<;

Well, if that would have been the case, it wouldn't have made a difference to me. In a sense, he kind of has taken the axe.
#206 Posted: 22:36:28 13/02/2013
^Lol? I think it would be the same xD!!
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#207 Posted: 06:03:58 16/02/2013
Quote: mr coolguy98
I didn't bash Skylanders. It's a cool game by itself, but they didn't have to include Spyro in it. Now everytime you search for Spyro on Google images, or search for art or fanfics of it, you're bombarded with Skylanders. Besides, sticking Spyro's name on another completely unrelated game is not my idea of bringing back popularity. They could've just made improvements to te old gameplay, and make it more complex WHILE keeping the story, characters, and the overall feel of the franchise, like they did with countless other successful games. But no, they chose to destroy it. Keep in mind that I DON'T hate Skylanders, it's a cool idea to use toys in video games, but putting Spyro in this is not right. He doesn't belong there.

*searches 'Spyro' on google images*
*sees many pictures of original spyro and legend spyro*
*very few pictures of skylanders spyro*

i have no idea what you're talking about
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#208 Posted: 01:36:13 18/02/2013
don't try to search "Spyro" in the news section <.<
---
#209 Posted: 01:42:20 18/02/2013
Quote: SamXala

You mean Google News?
---
#210 Posted: 03:48:44 18/02/2013
Skylanders appears in the news category because that's all there is when it comes to news for Spyro

That's a silly thing to complain about.
---
#211 Posted: 22:04:56 18/02/2013

You mean Google News?

Yes, You just find a bunch of Skylander stuff and it's quite annoying. Well... for me is annoying because Spyro is NOT Skylanders if you ask me <.<
---
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#212 Posted: 22:57:54 18/02/2013

You see people, Sir Moneybags is a very bad influence on Activision.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
onyxshards Red Sparx Gems: 59
#213 Posted: 13:13:05 23/02/2013
Quote: Jaggedstar

YOU DON'T SAY?
---
May the shards pierce my skin.
#214 Posted: 20:37:56 23/02/2013
Quote: onyxshards

YOU DON'T SAY?

[User Posted Image]

_____
---
oh my god
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#215 Posted: 20:09:17 03/03/2013
I don't think Spyro has a future.
VeronicaTheFox Ripto Gems: 22
#216 Posted: 16:03:07 04/03/2013
I really don't know. I stopped paying attention after the glorious train wreck that was Enter The Dragonfly.
#217 Posted: 19:32:02 04/03/2013
Quote: VeronicaTheFox
I really don't know. I stopped paying attention after the glorious train wreck that was Enter The Dragonfly.

You know I lost interest in Spyro after Enter the Dragonfly came out, and then a few years later when I had completely forgot about Spyro, I found 'A New Beginning' in a shop, and decided to look Spyro up on the web, found this website, and decided to get back into the old Spyro games again, and got back into ETD after a while, and didn't mind it as much as when I was younger, and have been a "returning" Spyro fan ever since.

Do you like the Spyro games on the PlayStation?
VespiDragon8 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6766
#218 Posted: 03:15:20 11/03/2013
Future of Spyro?

Well, the only future that Spyro has now is with the Skylanders saga. With all the money raised, in a vulgar tone "stolen" (but not my idea), probably they will create a Skylanders 4, as long as they earn more money with their figures, and more people say that this Spyro is the best of all, and that older versions of Spyro are terrible, ignoring the classic Spyro is the best for most people and also with the support of the TLOS saga.

Only is that the fans create fanfics with the classic Spyro, their other characters, places and do the same with TLOS saga.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#219 Posted: 19:47:36 14/03/2013
I see nothing past a reccuring cameo in Skylanders for the forseeable future.
However, what of the rumor that Acti was going to maybe give Spyro his own game if Skylanders did well? Was it true? If so could someone post a link or PM it to me, or else show the proof that it was just a rumor?

If they did give Spyro his own game, I anticipate it'd be in the Classic Spyro vein since they definitely said there was more potential in the kiddish Spyro of old and wanted to go back to that when Skylanders was still in development.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#220 Posted: 21:03:36 14/03/2013
It was just a rumor and I don't even know where it came from. And clearly, Activision hasn't acted on it, so it's a jossed rumor now. <.<;
---
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6471
#221 Posted: 00:03:46 16/03/2013
seriously I truly think that LOS have better potential than classic spyro because it have potential to became a great saga with a deep and complex storyline,detailed characters,world and mythology if done well who won't be looked at by non-fans as childish likes skylanders and classic spyro are or destroy the fanbase because of associating spyro(and cynder) to a bunch of kiddy toys from games with the same plot over and over and over... and no storyline at all related to each of the characters released who serve no purpose at all except being here(why are they making them if they don't even talk in the games and also why is spyro associated to this injure to the fandom when it's no longer have spyro name in the title!)They should make instead a remake of the originals(or a non glitchy and complete version of enter the dragonfly) and a remake of the three legend of spyro(with an extended length and increased difficulty in a new beginning,a deeper and more complex storyline with a well detailed world and universe in both) this IS what should be done to make spyro finally reborns from the ashes from the classic and legend era
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#222 Posted: 00:49:52 16/03/2013
my goodness, that wall of text without the full stops is so darn hard to read
---
#223 Posted: 01:10:23 16/03/2013
Something's bound to happen after Swap Force. I just think some of us have to accept that the Classic era was back in 1998, and that was years ago....hence never can happen. I hope Acti don't close the doors on Spyro completely. They are going to run out of ideas for Skylanders, and stop it. But it doesn't look good for the old games returning. I've already said about the classics. The Legends ended perfectly. They could make the GBA and DS games for PS3. Heck, they may even re-do Enter the Dragonfly! That would clean up Spyro properly then, if ya get what I'm saying.
If they do decide on that, they'd better get Stuart/Stewart Copeland back!
---
oh my god
#224 Posted: 03:12:44 16/03/2013
Quote: fyra
seriously I truly think that LOS have better potential than classic spyro because it have potential to became a great saga with a deep and complex storyline,detailed characters,world and mythology if done well who won't be looked at by non-fans as childish likes skylanders and classic spyro are or destroy the fanbase because of associating spyro(and cynder) to a bunch of kiddy toys from games with the same plot over and over and over... and no storyline at all related to each of the characters released who serve no purpose at all except being here(why are they making them if they don't even talk in the games and also why is spyro associated to this injure to the fandom when it's no longer have spyro name in the title!)They should make instead a remake of the originals(or a non glitchy and complete version of enter the dragonfly) and a remake of the three legend of spyro(with an extended length and increased difficulty in a new beginning,a deeper and more complex storyline with a well detailed world and universe in both) this IS what should be done to make spyro finally reborns from the ashes from the classic and legend era

^THIS!!
---
#225 Posted: 03:43:43 16/03/2013
If they do decide on that, they'd better get Stewart Copeland back!

That would be pretty interesting. I would love to hear music in the Classic Spyro style with the sound quality and capacity available on a PS3 or a PS4. Although admittedly, Copeland is only my 3rd favorite of the composers Insomniac worked with, behind David Bergeaud and Boris Salchow. <.>
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#226 Posted: 17:14:19 16/03/2013
OKAY THIS AN OPINION(I'm only saying that because I've told off by 6th, 7th and an 8th (my grade) graders this year for not liking Skylanders!)

Activison's motto:

Personally I do not Activison cares much for Spyro. Only the money that the Skylanders brings in. They could care less about the older Spyro fans, only about the new ones. (I know they tried to nod SLIGHTLY in the direction of the older fans with the sheep in Skylanders: Spyro's adventure. But so slight and the sheep didn't even evaporate into butterflies. >.> At least compainies like SEGA try to nod towards older fans with references to things like "The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog" and having Mighty and Ray show up on posters in city escape. Not one tiny detail..

>.>
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:15:18 16/03/2013 by parisruelz12
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#227 Posted: 20:25:47 16/03/2013
Quote: fyra

I can't find the original article, but I'm pretty sure Activision said that Classic Spyro was the one with more potential as they saw it since it appealed to kids and frankly kids are a money maker. That said I think if they do anything with Spyro after Skylanders it will be in the same kid-friendly vein as the originals. However I will concede that the Legend series had potential and could have been good if they had actually cared about it (which as far as I can tell they didn't), but given the garbage it turned out to be and the fact that the trilogy techically ended as well as the fact that it doesn't appeal to young kids, I think we can say LOS is finished for good.

As for how they'd make Spyro work on his own in the Classic style they might have to tie it in with Skylanders somehow to keep up interest while he regained his footing as his own franchise. Beyond that however I wouldn't be suprised if they made some sort of 'Spyro themed Skylanders' If you will in which they made toys of the original cast, though I hope we can say goodbye to playable toys and mandatory DLC sometime in Spyro's future. In the event that they did ditch the toys I could still see Skylanders characters doing cameos either and playable characters (sans figure of course) or as NPCs.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
gerima Green Sparx Gems: 294
#228 Posted: 02:59:35 30/03/2013
I'd like if they kept Spyro as a Skylander but also gave him back his own series. More people would want the Spyro game because they'd have seen him in Skylanders. But they better make a series 3 Spyro. I have Series 1 Dark Spyro. He's AWESOME.
---
GIANTS ON THE 3DS RULE!
Double Gremlin Tagteam: Pop Fizz and Trigger Happy! smilie
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me