Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Tired of People Hating Skylanders!
Page 1 of 1
Tired of People Hating Skylanders! [CLOSED]
dragonsoul13 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1047
#1 Posted: 02:43:06 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I've recently gotten really FED up with people talking trash around Skylanders. Really it's getting old and Skylanders has been a great series so far. Hey if you want to trash talk a poor series, then trash talk the Legends series. I'm sorry I like Cynder but she will NEVER be better then Spyro so people need to grow up and stop pretending that she is. Also the voice acting in the Legends games was tarrible, I'd say Skylanders was desprately needed and it has revived the Spyro lagecy better then the Legends games could have. Then only good that came out of those games was Malefor and Ignitus.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#2 Posted: 02:44:46 05/02/2013
Um... it was actually A LOT worse months ago. It's calmed down. I don't see people bashing the game on this board right now. They may have complaints, but it's their opinions and you'll have to respect them. You could go to the Skylanders boards and talk about the game with other fans, you know... <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Gohan Green Sparx Gems: 270
#3 Posted: 02:56:07 05/02/2013
Whoa man.
Just like you have an opinion on the Legend of Spyro, I have one on Skylanders. And I don't like it.

The world will be a tough place for you if you can't accept opinions, I'm afraid...
Edd Red Sparx Gems: 87
#4 Posted: 02:57:01 05/02/2013
This is a thread I can agree with
[User Posted Image]
But yeah, I actually agree that Skylanders is better than LoS (in my opinion), though LoS isn't bad in gameplay (again imo).
I don't see so much trash talking Skylanders anymore (I do still see some though but hey it's their opinions, more power to them, especially if they actually played the damn game to judge it unlike most seem to do), as it was worse off before, but I do still see posts whining about Spyro's new design (I know, after all this time).
---
Don't let the excitement spoil your grammar, Eddy.
#5 Posted: 03:13:05 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
well sorry guys I kind of snapped when I was reading Skylanders news earlier, bunch of people were calling it down and it really got to me, I understand that everyone has an opinion but I do as that people play a game first before they judge it. I've never played Halo and I don't talk crap about it just because it's an Xbox game and I have a PS3, hey if I could play Halo then yeah I'd try it. I just wish people were more open-minded is all. My bad I'm sorry for angering the people I angered. We are here to have fun and meet other fans not scream at each other over what's better. And I'm sorry for Legends fans, I said harsh things about the Legends series that are not fully true, I do not agree with the direction the Legends games went but I still do count them among the Spyro timeline as Prequals so sorry.
#6 Posted: 03:49:03 05/02/2013
Meh don't worry 'bout it, there's been much worse. But yeah I can see your concern.

And yes, I have played all eras of Spyro, so I can judge fairly lol
#7 Posted: 04:18:21 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
now to begin the never ending wait for Skylanders 3 lol
#8 Posted: 04:20:02 05/02/2013
Yeah.. have fun with that.. X3 but atleast they don't announce it super duper early where like you have to wait a LONG LONG LONG LONG time.. like so far I've been waiting for a game about three years now I believe.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#9 Posted: 18:08:42 05/02/2013
Lol, don't bash 'TLoS' is you don't want 'Skylanders' to get bashed. Besides, barely anyone complains about it anymore. Many more Spyro games have got worse reputations that people still b**** about to this day. Enter the Dragon, The Eternal Night, Fusion.
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#10 Posted: 19:20:53 05/02/2013
I feel like people can hate the game but don't bash people for liking it.Everyone has an opinion.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#11 Posted: 19:25:08 05/02/2013
Quote: azz01
I feel like people can hate the game but don't bash people for liking it.Everyone has an opinion.

^ This
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
#12 Posted: 01:05:42 06/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I heard that alot of people complained that The Eternal Night was too hard, funny I played it and beat it with ease. The only problem I had was that stupid arena and the Ravege Rider. Eternal Night is my favorite Legends game because it tells alot about the purple dragons and jumps into the history of the series. I don't like a game that's too easy nor do I like a game that's too hard. Eternal Night was in the middle and I loved it. Don't care for A New Beginning thought it was too easy, and don't care for Dawn of The Dragon because it was also too easy.
#13 Posted: 01:58:20 06/02/2013
I was rather indifferent about the Legend trilogy. I had fun with ANB & TEN at the time, since I was younger, but I flat out hated DotD. I'm rather indifferent about Skylanders. I though Spyro's Adventure was decent, but Giants changed VERY little, so I'm hoping Swap Force will make an effort to innovate the gameplay in some way. <.<;
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#14 Posted: 21:56:40 06/02/2013
This is my reaction to Skylanders.

"Okay, next" lol

I could care less about it, that's my opinion.
#15 Posted: 23:37:37 06/02/2013 | Topic Creator
according to the news I've been reading about Swap-Force we will be able to jump which is kind of nice, and I'm hoping the Skylanders will be more interactive with the story and talk more. But knowing Activion, if it's not Call of Duty it means nothing to them.
#16 Posted: 00:44:57 07/02/2013
I disagree. Skylanders clearly means something to Activision, because it became a franchise within a year of its existence, and will have given us 3 games in 3 years. Not even Call of Duty did that. It took 4 years for it to get to 3 games... and the sequel required 2 years of development. <.<;
---
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#17 Posted: 01:46:31 07/02/2013
Quote: dragonsoul13
according to the news I've been reading about Swap-Force we will be able to jump which is kind of nice, and I'm hoping the Skylanders will be more interactive with the story and talk more. But knowing Activion, if it's not Call of Duty it means nothing to them.

o_0 Swap-what? What is THAT!!!??
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Edd Red Sparx Gems: 87
#18 Posted: 01:54:04 07/02/2013
^ The new sequel to Skylanders (aka Skylanders 3)...

For SF I'm probably not even getting it, I might, but ooooh god that money...

[User Posted Image]

I still want 4 Giants characters (EB, TB, Ninjini, and Hot Dog) so there's more money... I might just ignore the other sequels after Giants.
---
Don't let the excitement spoil your grammar, Eddy.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:55:25 07/02/2013 by Edd
#19 Posted: 01:58:50 07/02/2013
I know I'm not buying it... <.<
---
#20 Posted: 09:39:24 07/02/2013
Quote: HIR
I disagree. Skylanders clearly means something to Activision, because it became a franchise within a year of its existence, and will have given us 3 games in 3 years. Not even Call of Duty did that. It took 4 years for it to get to 3 games... and the sequel required 2 years of development. <.<;

Probably because with Skylanders there's not much to develop on now, considering there was a three year gap between DOTD and SA. [2008 to 2011] They probably began work on it late into 2009. And now that they've basically got their own engine, they just need to do tweaks on newer levels, and make tweaks for newer characters, and there you have it. I reckon most of the hard work happened between 2009 and 2011.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#21 Posted: 14:04:03 07/02/2013
Quote: Edd
^ The new sequel to Skylanders (aka Skylanders 3)...

For SF I'm probably not even getting it, I might, but ooooh god that money...

[User Posted Image]

I still want 4 Giants characters (EB, TB, Ninjini, and Hot Dog) so there's more money... I might just ignore the other sequels after Giants.

o_0 Oh HELL NO!!! This can't be worst <.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#22 Posted: 15:36:35 07/02/2013
They make too much new characters in Skylanders. Why can't they just develop a new Game WITHOUT new figures? <.< Not all peoples are RICH Activision and it gives imo too many Skylander figures. =_=
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#23 Posted: 19:01:02 07/02/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Probably because with Skylanders there's not much to develop on now, considering there was a three year gap between DOTD and SA. [2008 to 2011] They probably began work on it late into 2009. And now that they've basically got their own engine, they just need to do tweaks on newer levels, and make tweaks for newer characters, and there you have it. I reckon most of the hard work happened between 2009 and 2011.

Probably, but they're also apparently going to start the developer swapping developers JUST LIKE Call of Duty does with Infinity Ward & Sledgehammer and Treyarch. <.<;
---
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#24 Posted: 20:33:09 07/02/2013
now to begin the never ending wait for Skylanders 3 lol

its coming..... SKYLANDERS SWAP FORCE!
#25 Posted: 07:20:33 08/02/2013

Probably, but they're also apparently going to start the developer swapping developers JUST LIKE Call of Duty does with Infinity Ward & Sledgehammer and Treyarch. <.<;

Yeah, like swapping Toys for Bob with Vicarious Visions.
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#26 Posted: 08:14:56 08/02/2013
I honestly hate it too, ruins the fun for other people who enjoy it. Ignoring it is hard, but it's the best thing to do, like you have an opinion, they have their different opinion.

Also, like others said, it was WAY worse when 'Skylanders Spyro's Adventure' was just announced... there was like over ten 'Skylanders is rubbish' topics.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:16:18 08/02/2013 by crystalhero37
#27 Posted: 08:53:49 08/02/2013
Quote: crystalhero37
I honestly hate it too, ruins the fun for other people who enjoy it. Ignoring it is hard, but it's the best thing to do, like you have an opinion, they have their different opinion.

Also, like others said, it was WAY worse when 'Skylanders Spyro's Adventure' was just announced... there was like over ten 'Skylanders is rubbish' topics.

Talk about people overreacting to it, eh? And no, that there's not so much hate, you get someone who's tired of hearing people rant on about Skylanders, now that I've seen a few people actually starting to become constructive with their opinions, seems a bit ironic how a topic like this can crop up now.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:55:00 08/02/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#28 Posted: 09:11:16 08/02/2013
Quote: crystalhero37

Talk about people overreacting to it, eh? And no, that there's not so much hate, you get someone who's tired of hearing people rant on about Skylanders, now that I've seen a few people actually starting to become constructive with their opinions, seems a bit ironic how a topic like this can crop up now.

At least people aren't stating it's bad, like it's a fact. TBH, I haven't played Skylanders or bought any figures for a long time, but I still follow the news and buy the books. I agree this topic kinda popped out of no where, and there have been a few topics about it, I remember the first one made by Sequoia in the original SSA section, then there was like five more. But I understand as many are pretty much over-reacting and judging this game too quickly, but then again, I am too by saying I like it smilie

*Is not sure if your post was against me or not.*
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#29 Posted: 10:12:56 08/02/2013
I've recently gotten really FED up with people talking trash around Skylanders. Really it's getting old and Skylanders has been a great series so far. Hey if you want to trash talk a poor series, then trash talk the Legends series. I'm sorry I like Cynder but she will NEVER be better then Spyro so people need to grow up and stop pretending that she is. Also the voice acting in the Legends games was tarrible, I'd say Skylanders was desprately needed and it has revived the Spyro lagecy better then the Legends games could have. Then only good that came out of those games was Malefor and Ignitus.

Imma let you finish, BUT, IMO Cynder in TLOS was WAY better for me than Spyro, to the point I had no feelings for him. He was great in the classics, but... yeah.

And to me it's coming across like you don't like difference of opinion. Some people will hate great games, some will like, deal with it.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
amazingSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2729
#30 Posted: 00:39:45 09/02/2013
IMO I thought that skylanders was terrible, but giants was a definite improvement.

I loved the LoS series, mainly because I grew up with it. DotD was my favorite, though I thought it was a little too easy.
---
Remember the old days when you could just slap omni-gel on everything?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me