Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Why The Remake? [CLOSED]
Fly Spyro Fly Green Sparx Gems: 446
#1 Posted: 20:53:06 21/01/2013 | Topic Creator
this is a random question...but does anyone know why Insomniac sold Spyro? i heard three rumors:

1.) they were going bankrupt
2.) they wanted a new game

And this one really annoys me (if true)

3.)they said he couldent do anything because he didnt have hands

are any of these true?
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8681
#2 Posted: 21:35:42 21/01/2013
First off, Insomniac never owned Spyro. Universal Interactive Studios did, and after their three year contract with Insomniac expired, they sent the Spyro franchise to Activision. Yeah..and we know where that went.

Plus, Insomniac wanted to work on other projects after YOTD.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:43:17 21/01/2013 by JCW555
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#3 Posted: 22:10:17 21/01/2013
Partly due to the contract ending, and partly to do with the hands.
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
Wojowu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1415
#4 Posted: 10:59:59 22/01/2013
I heard that this is clearly end-of-contract case. Maybe it's not true, but that's what I heard
---
Any Osu fan here?
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#5 Posted: 13:44:27 22/01/2013
A very common misconception around these parts; Insomniac Games never owned Spyro the Dragon.
Fly Spyro Fly Green Sparx Gems: 446
#6 Posted: 22:37:42 22/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Ok, so insomniac made the games....
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#7 Posted: 22:57:39 22/01/2013
Quote: JCW555
First off, Insomniac never owned Spyro. Universal Interactive Studios did, and after their three year contract with Insomniac expired, they sent the Spyro franchise to Activision. Yeah..and we know where that went.

Plus, Insomniac wanted to work on other projects after YOTD.

Quote: TorchSheep
Partly due to the contract ending, and partly to do with the hands.

Quote: Wojowu
I heard that this is clearly end-of-contract case. Maybe it's not true, but that's what I heard

Quote: InsomDog
A very common misconception around these parts; Insomniac Games never owned Spyro the Dragon.

So, what've we learned so far?
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#8 Posted: 01:06:49 23/01/2013
They didn't want to continue Spyro. In their eyes, the series had met it's natural conclusion, not that they would have been able to of course because- well... You probably get the idea by now.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#9 Posted: 02:31:26 23/01/2013
Universal owned the rights to the character of Spyro and everything associated with it, although for some reason, Sony Computer Entertainment owns the rights to the 3 Insomniac games. I'm assuming it's because SCEA published the Insomniac Spyro games. Insomniac wanted to go in a different direction, and since they were an independent studio under contract with Universal, they moved on to other ideas (eventually settling on a deal with Sony for the Ratchet & Clank series). <.<;

EDIT: Actually, Insomniac doesn't own the rights to anything except Fuse (their new game due out sometime this year, published by *shudder* EA). <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:32:27 23/01/2013 by HIR
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#10 Posted: 08:20:37 25/01/2013
Quote: HIR
Universal owned the rights to the character of Spyro and everything associated with it, although for some reason, Sony Computer Entertainment owns the rights to the 3 Insomniac games. I'm assuming it's because SCEA published the Insomniac Spyro games. Insomniac wanted to go in a different direction, and since they were an independent studio under contract with Universal, they moved on to other ideas (eventually settling on a deal with Sony for the Ratchet & Clank series). <.<;

EDIT: Actually, Insomniac doesn't own the rights to anything except Fuse (their new game due out sometime this year, published by *shudder* EA). <.<;

I think Insomniac Games owns Outernauts as well which was also published by Electronic Arts on Facebook.
I could be wrong, I'm fifty percent sure.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#11 Posted: 14:30:14 25/01/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: HIR

I think Insomniac Games owns Outernauts as well which was also published by Electronic Arts on Facebook.
I could be wrong, I'm fifty percent sure.

Possibly, I don't pay attention to Facebook Games. All I know is that there's a lot of hype on the Insomniac Forums because "Fuse is Insomniac's first IP." <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me