Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Original Sidekicks Gamestop Release Info
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
Original Sidekicks Gamestop Release Info [CLOSED]
kty6toz Green Sparx Gems: 347
#101 Posted: 04:42:19 10/01/2013
This really blows for those of us that are up to date on our collections. Would really be nice if something new would come out. No way I'm buying duplicates just so I can get these
johnnyb771 Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#102 Posted: 05:23:21 10/01/2013
Hey ZapNorris, sorry I just saw your post too late to call her. I 'll ask her tomorrow about picking the sidekick, although when she read the email to me, I didn't think about it at the time, but it did not say if you could pick or not. It did say more details forthcoming so hopefully by the time we get to Friday, they will be in store or have more details as it did say they should start receiving them today for the promotion, but as we all know nothing came in today. Wonder if this is part of the shipping delay on the Scorpion Striker, maybe not but it is something to think about. I also agree with you kty6toz for those of us who are up to date or close to it I need the Lightcore ShroomBoom and the s2 Slam Bam, not sure how I missed him over the holidays, but I have the legendary one so just an oversight on my part, but yeah they really need to release the new ones, and for this ridiculous sum to obtain all 4, we need all the remaining pieces to make up the amount. What is left to release is around 120 or a little more. Here's Hoping Wave 3 or 3.5 or whatever it is covers all the ones left. I know wishful thinking right? Happy Hunting and I will check tomorrow with the Assistant manager ans see if she knows if we can pick or not.

Johnny B
Dragon Crusher Green Sparx Gems: 447
#103 Posted: 06:02:05 10/01/2013
Well I have all that have been released to date smilie

What I plan on doing is keeping the 2 battle packs a pre-ordered in my trunk until the 16 and then return them just to buy them as soon as I get the refund.

As far as buying the other $70 or so I will just buy ones I already own just to exchange them as new ones come out :/

This promo BLOWS!
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#104 Posted: 12:04:24 10/01/2013
Okay, reality time. The old Sidekicks didn't do anything. In fact, they looked like Chompies jumping around trying to bite you in-game, so there were times when they actually distracted. Assuming these new ones are the same, why is everyone flying off the handle over how they're going to be available? Am I to believe you weren't disappointed with your Sidekicks the first time? If so... how?

End of the day, it's not like anyone's missing out on anything useful here. Cute, but not useful.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6683
#105 Posted: 12:15:28 10/01/2013
Im going to wait till next saturday and im just going to get the battle pack and a s2 that adds up to 30.
Then just get some other figures and get the rest smilie
---
Gay 4 GARcher
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#106 Posted: 12:27:25 10/01/2013
this is gonna awesome!
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5726
#107 Posted: 13:27:23 10/01/2013
How am I going to do this... I know!

2 giants(Thumpback & Eye-Brawl)

3 series 2(Zook, Double Trouble, & Terrafin or Lightning Rod)

After that...NO IDEA!
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#108 Posted: 14:18:12 10/01/2013
^Too bad nobody knows the new giants release date.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
cupraR300 Green Sparx Gems: 313
#109 Posted: 15:34:12 10/01/2013
can i just say here a really dont know what everyone is kicking off about as least you all will get them abroad here in the uk we get absolutly **** ALL from the promotions which i find is really bad considering its as big here as its in the us or canada i my self will have to pay cash for these new sidekicks which is disgusting but true sorry but rant over lol..............

breathe now lol
tiker Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#110 Posted: 15:54:33 10/01/2013
Canada is probably going to be searching the web for these as well. I don't expect to see them here.
---
Collection List and image
cupraR300 Green Sparx Gems: 313
#111 Posted: 15:56:26 10/01/2013
Quote: tiker
Canada is probably going to be searching the web for these as well. I don't expect to see them here.

i think its rediculas buddy america gets everything which is very unfair someone should make a petiton about this and end it to the company that would get there attention
#112 Posted: 16:09:26 10/01/2013
well, as tashiji said somewhere, it's an american game intended for americans. no wonder we get stuff you guys dont.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#113 Posted: 16:10:49 10/01/2013
Quote: cupraR300

i think its rediculas buddy america gets everything which is very unfair someone should make a petiton about this and end it to the company that would get there attention

We didn't get Pandora's Tower or Disaster: Day of Crisis on Wii, unlike other territories. Heck, we didn't even get Fatal Frame 4. Looks like America isn't getting Project X Zone, and we never got the GITD Fright Rider (PAL regions) or the Skylanders Selector (Canada).

I can think of a lot of things that are unfair, but there's nothing people can do but just chill and hope for the best in all honesty.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#114 Posted: 16:36:15 10/01/2013

Just suck it up. Activision is an American company and skylanders is an American game. When someone in europe makes skymon you will get little-mon too.
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#115 Posted: 17:12:42 10/01/2013
Quote: TheBakonBitz

Just suck it up. Activision is an American company and skylanders is an American game. When someone in europe makes skymon you will get little-mon too.

That's a crappy, unnecessary statement.

FWIW, I feel for the folks who don't have these things at their disposal where they're from. We often miss out on the games I'd really like to play here in the U.S., and the fact that they're made overseas doesn't decrease the bummer that this often is.
johnsonsteven86 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1563
#116 Posted: 17:14:09 10/01/2013
Well lucky for me I spend about 120 for gas every paycheck So my plan is to get the side kicks, return what I don't need to walmart and use the gift card for gas at Sam's club
---
WTB: Frito-lay Hotdog as cheap as possible
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#117 Posted: 17:18:56 10/01/2013
Is there a good way to get that huge price sticker off?
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
jstewie23 Blue Sparx Gems: 967
#118 Posted: 18:10:51 10/01/2013
I just got back from Gamestop. The guy I spoke with said they are getting 11 of each sidekick and they were told not to prepare for any replenishments. He also said not to buy anything before the 16th with the intent of returning on the 16th and buying it back and getting the promo sidekick. Not sure how they can police this. He said the sidekicks will show up on the receipt as a promo item so don't expect to buy stuff and return it afterwards.

Then he went and looked it up in the computer and all of the SKUs for this promotion were tied to the original sidekicks (Trigger Slappy, Terrabite, Gill Runt, and Whisper Elf). Nowhere did it actually mention the new Giant sidekicks by name...not in the computer and not in the memo. He said that info may change when they actually get shipped, so take it for what its worth. Any chance these are leftovers from the summer's Frito Lay promotion???
---
Have extra Amazon FS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, Jade FW, Molten HD, TF Chop Chop, Scarlet Ninjini, QDRS
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#119 Posted: 18:17:42 10/01/2013
Maybe S2 Sidekicks..? That actually do something in the game?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#120 Posted: 18:22:35 10/01/2013
Oh my gosh. It'd be awesome if they were just duplicates. What a relief that would be.
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#121 Posted: 18:24:21 10/01/2013
I know someone who just received refund checks from his Sidekick orders. Seems weird they would do that if they had enough for all the Gamestops.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
#122 Posted: 18:31:43 10/01/2013
I'm guessing it is the actual Giant sidekicks, but I was surprised to see the computer listed the original ones.
---
Have extra Amazon FS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, Jade FW, Molten HD, TF Chop Chop, Scarlet Ninjini, QDRS
#123 Posted: 18:35:56 10/01/2013
They may have been listed for trade ins, or they may have originally got the classic promo, but Frito intervened last minute.
---
Spr0cket Green Sparx Gems: 143
#124 Posted: 18:54:10 10/01/2013
Quote: jstewie23
Then he went and looked it up in the computer and all of the SKUs for this promotion were tied to the original sidekicks (Trigger Slappy, Terrabite, Gill Runt, and Whisper Elf). Nowhere did it actually mention the new Giant sidekicks by name...not in the computer and not in the memo. He said that info may change when they actually get shipped, so take it for what its worth. Any chance these are leftovers from the summer's Frito Lay promotion???

^This is what I am thinking! If you think about it, it makes sense. The Frito Lay promotion just ended not that long ago. Any extra sidekicks they had need to be released some how...
---
Looking for GITD fright rider.
#125 Posted: 19:10:31 10/01/2013
NOOOO! i wanted thumpling!
#126 Posted: 19:17:29 10/01/2013
I've gone back on this. They're not just going to do the bags of chips again, so this is as good as anything, particularly if it coincides with the day Eye Brawl and Thumpback come out.

Besides, I'd like those Giants sidekicks.
PocketGoddess Blue Sparx Gems: 687
#127 Posted: 21:27:31 10/01/2013
I think you're right on the money--I strongly suspect that this is a way to get rid of the OLD Sidekicks, the original four, and not the way they are releasing the second set of four. I guess we'll find out soon!
#128 Posted: 21:31:20 10/01/2013
^

this does make sense the more I think about it...how can they release sidekicks for giants when they haven't even released the actual Giants yet??? I doubt they are releasing Ninjini, Eye Brawl, and Thumpback all on the same day.
---
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#129 Posted: 22:39:28 10/01/2013
THEY ARE THE OLD SIDEKICKS!!!!!

I jus spoke to the manager at my GameStop. He checked the store's invoice of what is being shipped to the store. Listed were the original four Sidekicks and the new Battle Pack for tomorrow. Each Sidekick were listed individually by their name. They were the original four. They were also listed for $9.99, meaning you can simply purchase each of them seperately. If they were listed as being like $999.99 or some crazy number like that, then you can not buy them ln their own. Thats how it works at GameStop.
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
#130 Posted: 22:45:18 10/01/2013
I was told you can't buy them. I believe they put the $9.99 value on them for the receipt and then mark them as promo to zero it out. This prevents people from buying stuff, getting the promo item, and then returning what they bought but keep the promo item.
---
FlowxEhtxEbirt Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#131 Posted: 22:49:18 10/01/2013
Speaking of old sidekicks someone is selling supposed "prototype" sidekicks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLAN...=item35c35bbe52

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLAN...=item35c35b5416

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLAN...=item35c35bdec5
---
Do you even pose?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#132 Posted: 22:49:34 10/01/2013
i went to my gamestop and told them. the employee got the SS and sidekick release dates confused.
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#133 Posted: 22:50:40 10/01/2013
They should just make 'em into happy meal toys. Then everyone can get them smilie
ckasper Green Sparx Gems: 381
#134 Posted: 22:54:30 10/01/2013
this sucks for the people that have been up to date with every character so far. not sure if theres 119 in product left for me to buy
---
watch out for this guy - Louisville, Ky scalper ... http://myworld.ebay.com/sandrockgundam04/
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#135 Posted: 22:57:31 10/01/2013
Quote: DocCroc
They should just make 'em into happy meal toys. Then everyone can get them smilie

But eye boycot mcdonalds.....
DarthW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1951
#136 Posted: 23:15:18 10/01/2013
Quote: DocCroc

BOOM!

If Mickey D's had a Skylanders promotion to get ANYTHING which could actually be placed on the portal and appeared in game (even if it was useless), then I would actually take my family there to eat, at least enough times to get said item.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#137 Posted: 23:20:33 10/01/2013
So the original Sidekicks are going to be out at Gamestop tomorrow instead of the new ones?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#138 Posted: 23:51:31 10/01/2013
Hey Zapnorris and everyone. I asked my gamestop today about picking the sidekick and they were unsure. They also got another email that was quite confusing about another weird thing with Skylanders, but there was so much confusion I am not going to post the details as they will just make most of you angry, as they did me, and if it is true, everyone is going to be hacked off big time. My Manager will be in tomorrow and I am going to talk to him and clear up any confusion and get the real store on this promo and the stuff the girl told me today. Hopefully by tomorrow, this will all be cleared up and we will all have some details and not so much rumor and confusion. Til tomorrow then...

Johnny B
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#139 Posted: 23:55:00 10/01/2013
I..I actually kind of want to hear it if you wouldn't mind posting haha. Speculation is fun and all, as long as we don't run to the press with it.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#140 Posted: 23:56:59 10/01/2013
Quote: johnnyb771
Hey Zapnorris and everyone. I asked my gamestop today about picking the sidekick and they were unsure. They also got another email that was quite confusing about another weird thing with Skylanders, but there was so much confusion I am not going to post the details as they will just make most of you angry, as they did me, and if it is true, everyone is going to be hacked off big time. My Manager will be in tomorrow and I am going to talk to him and clear up any confusion and get the real store on this promo and the stuff the girl told me today. Hopefully by tomorrow, this will all be cleared up and we will all have some details and not so much rumor and confusion. Til tomorrow then...

Johnny B

nah, go on ... just tell us what you have heard, 99% of the posts about things on here are speculation anyway smilie

edit: ooh, ninja'd by spyroflame0487
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:58:05 10/01/2013 by t7gga
Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#141 Posted: 00:11:55 11/01/2013
Quote: jstewie23
I was told you can't buy them. I believe they put the $9.99 value on them for the receipt and then mark them as promo to zero it out. This prevents people from buying stuff, getting the promo item, and then returning what they bought but keep the promo item.

....like Best Buy did with the volcanic vault. It rang up at 49.99, and zeroed out once you made the qualifying purchase. HOWEVER, I did return stuff and was able to KEEP my volcanic vault....dunno how GameStop would address that though.
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#142 Posted: 00:19:09 11/01/2013
So this is guaranteed to be the old Sidekicks?
#143 Posted: 00:22:14 11/01/2013
Quote: FlowxEhtxEbirt

Pfft. They sold from an original auction for $30 a pop. No way he's getting that much for them.
I have a Prototype Gill Runt. I paid $30.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:28:14 11/01/2013 by Matteomax
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#144 Posted: 00:44:28 11/01/2013
It's not gaurenteed to be the old sidekicks. They specifically call it the "Skylanders Giants Sidekicks" promotion on the emails.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#145 Posted: 01:06:44 11/01/2013
If you guys are sure you really want to know and promise not to flame me for trolling, because this is what I was told by the second keyholder at my store whom I know quite well, they got an email today stating that in order to any Skylander at all you now have to spend $30.00 in order to even purchase anything. I asked about my preorder for the Scorpion Striker and she told me according to me email that I will have to buy something else to get it. Even to buy an character, that they are not going to be allowed to sell a single character but you have to spend $30.00 This is ridiculous and stupid if it is true. She did read me the email and it did sound this way. She told me she agreed that it was stupid and was not sure why they chose to do this. The email went on to say something about cutting down on scalpers and having more product on the shelves, and that they would not be restocking a lot of the old product. I talked to her for a while, and she ended saying that the Manager would be in tomorrow and could possibly clear it up, that maybe it was just worded wrong or something, this better be the case, because if not, they just lost all their business except scalpers imo as I know I will definitely buy them elsewhere as I am now caught up thanks to someone on here posting about the LC ShroomBoom at Amazon earlier, I am getting it in tomorrow, so I am totally caught up. They don't even have anything I need at my Gamestop, is this is the case tomorrow I will buy whatever to get the Battle pack and then return it as this is the stupidest thing ever. I guess I will clarification in the morning. What bothers me the most is she is great at her job and very reliable. Hoping she just misread the info. If any of you can find out from your gamestops tonight that would be great, but I'll know tomorrow. If it is true, then Activision, she says it came from them, and that it is not Gamestop. Finding this hard to believe also but if that is true, then no one seems to wan to sell merchandise or make money. Sometimes at least here, they get in only 1 character you need. Also accessories are not included only 3packs, battle packs, Singles, Giants, and Starters. There it is folks. Hopefully she is soooooo WRONG! Looking forward to Hot Dog tomorrow, but this other ugh!......

Johnny B
NinjaHarley Yellow Sparx Gems: 1346
#146 Posted: 02:52:12 11/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: johnnyb771
If you guys are sure you really want to know and promise not to flame me for trolling, because this is what I was told by the second keyholder at my store whom I know quite well, they got an email today stating that in order to any Skylander at all you now have to spend $30.00 in order to even purchase anything. I asked about my preorder for the Scorpion Striker and she told me according to me email that I will have to buy something else to get it. Even to buy an character, that they are not going to be allowed to sell a single character but you have to spend $30.00 This is ridiculous and stupid if it is true. She did read me the email and it did sound this way. She told me she agreed that it was stupid and was not sure why they chose to do this. The email went on to say something about cutting down on scalpers and having more product on the shelves, and that they would not be restocking a lot of the old product. I talked to her for a while, and she ended saying that the Manager would be in tomorrow and could possibly clear it up, that maybe it was just worded wrong or something, this better be the case, because if not, they just lost all their business except scalpers imo as I know I will definitely buy them elsewhere as I am now caught up thanks to someone on here posting about the LC ShroomBoom at Amazon earlier, I am getting it in tomorrow, so I am totally caught up. They don't even have anything I need at my Gamestop, is this is the case tomorrow I will buy whatever to get the Battle pack and then return it as this is the stupidest thing ever. I guess I will clarification in the morning. What bothers me the most is she is great at her job and very reliable. Hoping she just misread the info. If any of you can find out from your gamestops tonight that would be great, but I'll know tomorrow. If it is true, then Activision, she says it came from them, and that it is not Gamestop. Finding this hard to believe also but if that is true, then no one seems to wan to sell merchandise or make money. Sometimes at least here, they get in only 1 character you need. Also accessories are not included only 3packs, battle packs, Singles, Giants, and Starters. There it is folks. Hopefully she is soooooo WRONG! Looking forward to Hot Dog tomorrow, but this other ugh!......

Johnny B

please go away, they doesn't even make sense, stop trolling
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#147 Posted: 03:17:00 11/01/2013
He wasn't going to post it but people asked for it. Read the posts above before you decide to be a jerk. As for Johnny I don't think that's right, doesn't make logical sense. Lets hope she is wrong. Doesn't affect be because if its the old sidekicks I will be getting my final three.
Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#148 Posted: 03:18:49 11/01/2013
People keep saying they are gonna buy up all this stuff TOMORROW. I saw the news bulletin at GameStop, on their computer....and it did say the promotion starts 01/16. My GameStop seemed to think they'd have the product prior to the promotion (but def didn't say they'd be giving it out on arrival!!)....I'm waiting to see what arrives tomorrow....hurry up Mr. UPS!!
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
Wakeup Yellow Sparx Gems: 1227
#149 Posted: 18:37:13 11/01/2013
They do get the sidekicks..it will be on Jan 16 but we did get the battle pack
TexasAndroid Green Sparx Gems: 191
#150 Posted: 18:44:41 11/01/2013
I just got back from my morning run to GS to pick up my SS preorder. I got there just before UPS, so I was there to see them unpack the skylanders. They had the SS packs, but also a box of individually bagged Sidekicks. The old ones, as has been reported. The employees knew nothing about Skylanders, or what the sidekicks were. They also knew nothing of any promotion with them starting on 1/16. I told them about it, and they scanned the sidekicks to see what their computer said. The computer listed them at a $10 price point, with no date limitation on sales. One of the employees made a couple of calls to see if someone could tell him not to sell them right away. Noone he called knew anything about it either. So since they were in the computer with no date limitation, they said they had no reason that they could not sell them right away. So I walked out with one of each of the sidekicks in addition to the SS pack I had come for.

I'm not trying to say that the 1/16 promotion does not exist, but rather that 1) if it does, not all GS employees are aware of it and 2) the GS computer system is apparently not flagged to prevent early sales of the sidekicks.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me