Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Toys R Us Dec 23 [CLOSED]
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#1 Posted: 12:47:38 18/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Looks like toys r us is going to be open 24 hours starting Friday thru Christmas eve. So does this mean giants will release at midnight? Wonder how this.is going to go down?
johnsonsteven86 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1563
#2 Posted: 13:05:55 18/12/2012
Nobody knows for sure your best bet is to call your local toysrus to see when they're releasing theirs
---
WTB: Frito-lay Hotdog as cheap as possible
Eric-K Gold Sparx Gems: 2211
#3 Posted: 13:07:14 18/12/2012
I was thinking about this when the 12/23 date was confirmed. Does anyone have a decent source at Toys R Us that could give us all a heads up on this?
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#4 Posted: 13:22:54 18/12/2012
Quote: johnsonsteven86
Nobody knows for sure your best bet is to call your local toysrus to see when they're releasing theirs

This

I don't think every store will handle it the same. At least right now we have 2 seperate users who've been told 2 different things.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
ziggymoonunit Green Sparx Gems: 271
#5 Posted: 13:22:57 18/12/2012
I talked to the electronics guy at my TRU this morning. He said a batch would be released when the store opened on the 20th. He said others will be released at midnight on the 23rd in their regular location in electronics (no up front display), first come first serve.
---
I have- smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#6 Posted: 13:55:44 18/12/2012
smilie^
Yup,

Saw some boxes behing the counter at my TRU and it said wave 3 lightcore.
But had the sticker for do not open until 12/20.
So its either the Shroom Booms or more Jet Vacs.

Going there Wed night because they open until 1 am the next day.
So officially come midnight Thursday morning, I will convince them to open those boxes.
Or do my best convincing.

-M
#7 Posted: 13:57:35 18/12/2012
Hmmm,
Looking at the pics in the other post, looks like there will be a mixture,
So yeah, I'll be there at about 11:45 PM Wednesday watching the clock.

-M
crazyace Blue Sparx Gems: 734
#8 Posted: 14:01:20 18/12/2012
yes true after midnight it is the next day but they still running business on wednesday. so who knows what they will do

i just went to the toys r us about a 1mile from my house and he said he got a email that they would be open 24 hours on friday, saturday, and sunday even though the sign outside says 6 am to 1 am he hasnt changed the hours yet.

also said that the characters that are streetdated will be avaliable to buy at 12:01 am. thats at my store anyway. i also noticed that the giants price on the characters and the lightcores have gone up. repose $10.99 lightcore $12.99. giants themself are still $14.99
---
32/32 S1, 8/8 Giants, 1/8 LC, 8/8 New S2, 23/24 S2 Repose
L. Bouncer, Stealth Elf, Trigger Happy, Spyro,Chop Chop, Bash, Jetvac, Slam Bam, Ignitor, chill
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:34:31 18/12/2012 by crazyace
#9 Posted: 14:38:54 18/12/2012
So, basically,
All that money they lost with all of the bogos they are trying to make back.

-M
#10 Posted: 14:41:00 18/12/2012
i guess. i saw that too they had a big bin that said skylanders spyro's adventure buy 1 get one 75% off. i dont need much more so im not to worried.
---
L. Bouncer, Stealth Elf, Trigger Happy, Spyro,Chop Chop, Bash, Jetvac, Slam Bam, Ignitor, chill
Nash Latkje Red Sparx Gems: 61
#11 Posted: 14:54:49 18/12/2012
It's entirely store dependent.
The truth of the matter is - they could sell them now if they wanted and TRU wouldn't really bat an eye.

W3 is coded under the same SKU used for W1 and W2.
To properly Street-Date these in their system they would have to Street Date the SKY ((Yes I'm well aware your receipt show which UPC is which but the Street Dates are SKY dependent and therefore would need a temp and or "Dummy" sku to compensate - which for some reason they refuse to do))

So with that information out of the way - It only really depends on HOW busy they are at Midnight and How much they care to get their Skylanders out. I imagine a few stores won't "remember" to put them out while others have Skylanders fans working there and will have them out AT midnight.

PS: There is a topic addressing the Price-Hike. It doesn't make sense as they have no Pre-Holiday plans to put the singles on sale...

@Neo: are you sure they said 12/20? I think you may have misread 10/21 aka W1 release date. ALL W3 boxes are being shipped Direct ((UPS/Fedex)) and are labelled with a BIG yellow sticker for 12/23 that looks different from every other street date they've put on the boxes for Giants.
#12 Posted: 15:02:27 18/12/2012
smilie
No,

I was in the store to get in on the $50 of deal on games to get a Black Ops 2 for free with the 2 $5 rewards coupons, and buying another game to return later.
No trus in my area have that game for 360......NOT HAPPY.

So I was asking them if they had any 12/23 do not open boxes.
On the cart stack behind the counter with other stuff there was a box with a 12/20 sticker....
She looked and it read wave 3 light core.
So I was like, oh there are probably the new Shroom Boom character in there.

For sure I'm going back Wednesday night so I can be there to have them get those boxes open come midnight.
-M
#13 Posted: 15:03:49 18/12/2012
And yes, they were Fex Ex shipping labels.
smilie

-M
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#14 Posted: 15:13:12 18/12/2012
I've made some phone calls and talked to managers at local stores. No one in my area is planning to sell them at midnight. The most common excuses are we don't have the staff to do a midnight release and their is not enough demand for it. All five of the TRU in my area (everything within an hour drive) are planning to open boxes around 8am. At this point there is no specific TRU guidelines other than not to sell the figures before 12/23. I am personally planning to hit a specific store Sat into Sunday night considering I'll be up anyway, and I expect that they will have them out or be able to be talked into selling them to me.

Without confirmation of Giants or any new figures this release is just going to be the harder core fans and I don't think scalpers are as prevalent this game as they were last. I am not expecting any major lines or fuss unless a giant is verified to be present.

I do expect that TRU corporate may give more specific instructions at the last moment as they have for prior events.
#15 Posted: 15:13:36 18/12/2012
That's a little odd - my boxes are all labelled 12/23

...though they don't read "Wave 3 Light core" either.

I still think you'd be hard pressed to get them to sell it to you if they've got it locked up in streetdated areas like they're supposed to.

The stores however are only open till 1am and, by my experience, no longer have Rzone employees at the store after 11pm - usually just a normal Cashier watching the area. Though that might just be in my area smilie;;
#16 Posted: 15:17:34 18/12/2012
Quote: ItsJustMe
I've made some phone calls and talked to managers at local stores. No one in my area is planning to sell them at midnight. The most common excuses are we don't have the staff to do a midnight release and their is not enough demand for it. All five of the TRU in my area (everything within an hour drive) are planning to open boxes around 8am. At this point there is no specific TRU guidelines other than not to sell the figures before 12/23. I am personally planning to hit a specific store Sat into Sunday night considering I'll be up anyway, and I expect that they will have them out or be able to be talked into selling them to me.

Without confirmation of Giants or any new figures this release is just going to be the harder core fans and I don't think scalpers are as prevalent this game as they were last. I am not expecting any major lines or fuss unless a giant is verified to be present.

I do expect that TRU corporate may give more specific instructions at the last moment as they have for prior events.

They may - but it will be at such late notice that it'll be rendered useless.
It really just depends on staffing, customers, and how they've distributed the overnight stocking crew.

Stocking Crew being the biggest part.

Workflow for normal TRU are only Rzone employees put out Street Date Rzone material - this why you're probably getting the 8am nonsense. Rzone is the mostly lightly employed area in the store so your normal Rzoner probably isn't scheduled till 8am. Further most store do not station an overnighter in Rzone because of the Security Standard in place that Rzoners have to know.

So it's really going to be a store by store basis unfortunately.

Sorry for Double Post - ninjaed.
#17 Posted: 15:18:59 18/12/2012
go on toysrus website and click on the store locator and check the hours of operation and it says 6 am - 12 am friday, 12 am to 12 am saturday, and 12 am - 12 am sunday. im sure there will be a manager there to get the characters. my store people said they havent gotten the boxes of wave 3 but i talked to one that recieves the boxes and he said he put 3 boxes up that was dated for the 12/23 cause i took a picture from this site and put it on my tablet and showed him and he said yes thats the one. he may be the only one that knows about it since the store mamager didnt or the store manager is being a jerk and telling me they havent gotten it when he clearly knows they did.
---
#18 Posted: 15:38:14 18/12/2012
Crazy, I was referring to neos comment about going in on Wednesday - I'm well aware that TRU is open 24 hours a day starting Friday until 10pm Christmas eve.

Managers and Supervisors do not shuffle product out - honestly on this weekend they WILL be too busy to do anything of the sort themselves.
The store managers do not keep up with Street-Dated product themselves. They leave that to Rzone Sups who delegate it out to the Rzone peons.

This time of the year is incredibly hectic for TRU.
Obviously this release is really on their backburner - even though it's important to us Rzone in general is not super important to TRU, the section is not a margin maker.

Like I mentioned earlier - their system is flawed. There is absolutely nothing in place to keep them from selling all of those figure RIGHT now except for the dates on those boxes. Unlike normal street dated material their system doesn't recognize them under a different sku that's blocked until a certain time.
CallMeMaybe Red Sparx Gems: 10
#19 Posted: 18:19:04 18/12/2012
Toys R Us manager confirmed that there will be an email alert concerning the details of the wave three release, within the next few days. She had all the details, but refused to give up anything other than confirming the Dec. 23rd date.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:19:42 18/12/2012 by CallMeMaybe
Imada Green Sparx Gems: 488
#20 Posted: 18:59:53 18/12/2012
WHAT FIRE ELEMENTS FIGURES WILL BE OUT
---
Im so proud of you
paddyfitz Gold Sparx Gems: 2242
#21 Posted: 19:05:01 18/12/2012
^ series 2 smilie and (very happy for this) smilie!!!!!!
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#22 Posted: 19:48:04 18/12/2012
Quote: paddyfitz

Buzz, wrong. Hotdog will not be out at TRU anytime prior to February. He is only in the Scorpion Striker Battle Pack, which is Gamestop exclusive for 30 days and won't be out until Jan 1st.
StarNinjini Green Sparx Gems: 381
#23 Posted: 19:52:03 18/12/2012
You don't know that for sure defpally
---
Hoot Loop :3
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#24 Posted: 19:52:18 18/12/2012
still wave 3
---
#25 Posted: 20:05:32 18/12/2012
Quote: StarNinjini
You don't know that for sure defpally

Yeah, I don't. But for them to undermine a paid Gamestop exclusive and release a single of him at the same time? That's a pretty safe bet that won't happen. Besides, we already know the exact contents of the Wave 3 single pack assortment - and no Hot Dog.
#26 Posted: 20:06:10 18/12/2012
Quote: wreckingballbob
still wave 3

Yes, but this thread is about 12/23 at TRU.
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#27 Posted: 20:17:43 18/12/2012
Quote: paddyfitz

You don't know he'll be at tru for sure.

Fixed for starninjini's problem with defpally's point.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#28 Posted: 20:47:14 18/12/2012
Starninjini
Gamestop has well publicized that they have a month exclusive on the HotDog battle pack starting from 1/1/13 to Feb. In addition we have also gotten a full break down on the case components of the singles and lightcore cases. The only mystery is if giants will be present and which ones. So sadly yes we do know that Hot Dog will not be at TRU on 12/23
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#29 Posted: 01:16:04 19/12/2012
hmmm... that implies to me that wave 3 is in December (confirmed) and wave 4 would be in February... or January since Feb seems kinda far off seeing how the other 3 waves were released within a total of 2 months, so mid-January is pretty possible for wave 4 i'm thinking... since we're all speculating anyway smilie hehe
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3689
#30 Posted: 13:47:42 19/12/2012
smilie is definetly being released on the 23rd I called toys r us and the associate said they are releasing hot dog and atleast one giant there may be a few or one but for sure there is atleast one
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
StarNinjini Green Sparx Gems: 381
#31 Posted: 13:50:25 19/12/2012
With the golden fire battle pack we thought it was an exclusive but it wasn't it just had a different cannon.Maybe that is what is going to happen this time.
---
Hoot Loop :3
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#32 Posted: 13:57:25 19/12/2012
To be devil's advocate here, store associates could screw up Hot Head with Hot Dog. I hope they are right, however!
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#33 Posted: 14:29:41 19/12/2012
^ I hope so too. That would mean an unadvertised Molten for GameStop. They didn't advertise Royal DT either, so it's not like there's a lack of precedent. Hopefully we can kill two birds with one stone and have all versions of Hot Dog done soon.
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#34 Posted: 14:31:17 19/12/2012
^ Agreed!! That would be amazing!! smilie I'm really anxious for Jade Flashwing and Polar Whirlwind though, so I'm hoping to see at least one of them around with wave 3!! smilie
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#35 Posted: 14:53:41 19/12/2012
To be devil's advocate here, store associates could screw up Hot Head with Hot Dog. I hope they are right, however!
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4149
#36 Posted: 15:18:24 19/12/2012
Quote: Tashiji
^ I hope so too. That would mean an unadvertised Molten for GameStop. They didn't advertise Royal DT either, so it's not like there's a lack of precedent. Hopefully we can kill two birds with one stone and have all versions of Hot Dog done soon.

You mean, kill two dogs with one stone! HAHAHAHAHA! Oh no! My English teacher was teaching us about puns yesterday and told us so many bad jokes that I'm starting to tell them! D:
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#37 Posted: 15:20:53 19/12/2012
Luckily, I'm a reading teacher and not an English teacher, so my "jokes" are likely to be about misinterpreting things and not funny words. There are some real cornballs who teach too, though. We're not all this cool. <-sarcasm
#38 Posted: 15:31:40 19/12/2012
I haven't seen a single for Hothead come through - I seriously doubt we're going to see a single of him on the 23rd.

I want to apologize to Neomas though~
I double checked my boxes - the lightcores are indeed dated as 12/20
So assuming your TRU didn't lock them up or mix them up with the 12/23s LC Shroomy should be on shelves tomorrow.

Alas - still haven't seen any boxes of Giants come in either ; ; becoming very suspect that we might not see one at all this wave.
#39 Posted: 15:36:04 19/12/2012
Quote: sprocketrocket
smilie is definetly being released on the 23rd I called toys r us and the associate said they are releasing hot dog and atleast one giant there may be a few or one but for sure there is atleast one

And an associate once told me that Eye Brawl shipped to some stores in the initial wave by mistake.

Moral of the story: Associates are regularly misinformed, or simply repeat information they hear from others.

Gamestop paid for the exclusive and has been advertising the crap out of it. People don't want the Scorpion Striker. They don't want S2 Zap. They want Hotdog. The lightcore and single case contents are well known by now. Anything is possible, but that is HIGHLY unlikely. Don't get your hopes up.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:36:23 19/12/2012 by defpally
#40 Posted: 15:37:51 19/12/2012
Quote: Nash Latkje
I haven't seen a single for Hothead come through - I seriously doubt we're going to see a single of him on the 23rd.

So assuming your TRU didn't lock them up or mix them up with the 12/23s LC Shroomy should be on shelves tomorrow.

Alas - still haven't seen any boxes of Giants come in either ; ; becoming very suspect that we might not see one at all this wave.

Or a Giant could come in later if/when a new three pack comes out. Those tend to come in later than the singles anyways.
#41 Posted: 15:53:10 19/12/2012
Quote: defpally
Quote: Nash Latkje

Or a Giant could come in later if/when a new three pack comes out. Those tend to come in later than the singles anyways.

Bah~ I want mah giants /cry
Very true - It's feels more like mini-waves this time around...
finnsllc Blue Sparx Gems: 902
#42 Posted: 16:49:26 20/12/2012
When u think about it this a money grab release. There's nothing truly exciting about this if you already have all S1 SA characters along with waves 1 and 2 giants. I did grab the Schroom this morning for the kids for Christmas but I wasn't searching if I didn't find it. I'm not taking the kids out to look until after we pick up SS from our preorder from GS and we know for sure what is released.
---
NEW JERSEY USA. Ok, go ahead, I've got popcorn now.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me