Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 13 of 15 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Wave 3 Release Date? [CLOSED]
Mori-DogMovies Blue Sparx Gems: 921
#601 Posted: 05:00:15 18/12/2012
Quote: dinoah2005
Quote: Mori-DogMovies
I was told TRU would have Hot Dog.

You were told WRONG

Where is your proof that GS will have it exclusively?

Proof is listed above

And what happened to TRU's "exclusive" wave 2?

It's called the day after D-Day (Monday). If you were one of the lucky ones, you got Hot Head on day 2 of release at TRU. Weeks before any other store.

Your post comes across as attacking me. Not appreciated. Weather I was told wrong or not, your rudeness is unappreciated. I asked for proof as I have been repeatedly asked for, so trying to call me out is not necessary. I'm going by what details I have and have not once said that any of you must believe what I say is true. If you cannot take part in the discussion without being rude, you will be ignored.

Quote: ThePunchPopFizz
I don't believe tru had ads claiming they'd be exclusive there.

Then where did everyone get the idea that they were exclusive? I'll have to look it up, but I seem to remember it being posted SOMEWHERE. But don't quote me on that. I'll see what I can find. As for the above post of the ad, I have never seen that anywhere, so thank you for sharing. It doesn't show up on the GS website when I go there.

Quote: Winter
@ Mori Dog - 50 bucks?! What a ripoff! Scalpers make me sick.

Me too.
---
ME: "Who's this, sweetheart?" MY DAUGHTER: "That's Camo...he poops fruit!"
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#602 Posted: 05:02:03 18/12/2012
@dragon - did they say "exclusive" in the alert? Otherwise it was just them getting them in. Doesn't mean others couldn't/weren't supposed to.

Regardless hot dog is at gs the month of January. That's it. He won't be out Sunday. He won't be in tru or target or Walmart before feb. you don't have to believe me but I've provided links and pics. There. Next discussion? Back to the possibility of giants on Sunday? I'm still betting on one if not more. They can show up all the way to Friday or even Saturday. There's no requirement that they be in the stores yet.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
Dragon Crusher Green Sparx Gems: 447
#603 Posted: 05:03:32 18/12/2012
let me check my old mail.. I will edit this post

I no longer have the e-mail smilie

sorry
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:08:33 18/12/2012 by Dragon Crusher
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#604 Posted: 05:04:25 18/12/2012
Quote: Dragon Crusher

I Went to TRU on Sunday to buy all of wave 1. I went home and relaxed for a while when all of a sudden my phone went BING!
TRU sent me an e-mail on sunday afternoon telling me about a "hot toy alert". This is when I had confirmation of wave 2 being released on monday.
No clue if they sent out an paper ad in the paper or not.

Sunday night (D-DAY) my wife got an email from TRU confirming what the store manager told us that day, that they had Wave 2 ready for Monday. Nowhere in the ad did it say anything about having them 30 days before anyone else, just that they would have them before anyone else. And no I do not have the ad any more. I could not imagine that the Wave 2 ad would ever be in question months later. Go figure...
#605 Posted: 05:05:23 18/12/2012
@mori I believe it was rumors that got said so much very one assumed it true. Just like now we've only seen boxes at tru stores so people are starting to assume its tru exclusive. I could be wrong but that's what it probly was. You're welcome for the pics. I was glad to find em and finally en the great hot dog debates of 2012. Lol
---
Ravens Nation.
mario7604 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#606 Posted: 05:06:02 18/12/2012
Wow, did you do anything? I don't believe it.
---
YAY! I BLUE SPARX! Specials:
S:SA: all sidekicks, WERDS smilie Chase GITD smilie
S:G smilie GITD smilie smilie smilie AE smilie smilie smilie smilie
#607 Posted: 05:07:24 18/12/2012
Quote: mario7604

What?
---
Ravens Nation.
StarNinjini Green Sparx Gems: 381
#608 Posted: 05:11:16 18/12/2012
What Mario???
---
Hoot Loop :3
#609 Posted: 05:20:45 18/12/2012
@mori I believe it was rumors that got said so much very one assumed it true. Just like now we've only seen boxes at tru stores so people are starting to assume its tru exclusive. I could be wrong but that's what it probly was. You're welcome for the pics. I was glad to find em and finally en the great hot dog debates of 2012. Lol

I found what I had seen. Must have mistaken it for "exclusive".
[User Posted Image]

As for Giants being released this weekend...I'm still working on getting info on my end.
---
#610 Posted: 05:24:08 18/12/2012
I could see that getting confuzzled. And I know you'll get pics if and when you can. You're workin on it more than I am lol. All I do is hope I see some accidentally on the shelf somewhere I happen to be. And I never "happen" to be at tru. I only go there with purpose cause my tru sux. The employees are bad and it smells funny. Lol
---
Ravens Nation.
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#611 Posted: 05:24:50 18/12/2012
Monday, October 22nd?... lol
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
#612 Posted: 05:28:18 18/12/2012
Quote: Trexroarr
Monday, October 22nd?... lol

It's an old ad from wave two. As we were discussing.
---
Ravens Nation.
#613 Posted: 05:29:42 18/12/2012
Yeah, looks like what I got too.
#614 Posted: 05:32:03 18/12/2012
I never "happen" to be at tru. I only go there with purpose cause my tru sux. The employees are bad and it smells funny. Lol

It's the smell of baby vomit, poo, and sweaty children. As a parent, you get used to it.
---
Stovegil Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#615 Posted: 05:33:02 18/12/2012
So if TRU is open all hours this weekend, then how will they handle a midnight release?
They have to physically shelve the toys. If I show up at 11:50pm on Sat. Am I going to just be waiting for an employee to open a box?
#616 Posted: 05:35:48 18/12/2012
Quote: Stovegil
So if TRU is open all hours this weekend, then how will they handle a midnight release?
They have to physically shelve the toys. If I show up at 11:50pm on Sat. Am I going to just be waiting for an employee to open a box?

Not sure yet. One person said their tru wouldn't give em out til 6am. Another said theirs would be doing em at midnight. I'd call your local store and hope you talk to someone who has a clue and ask them.
---
Ravens Nation.
#617 Posted: 05:39:44 18/12/2012
I've heard some people throw around words like "event"...but again, I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.
If that is the case, the last Skylanders "event" I attended, everyone was given a ticket for ONE figure that was in line. Once they bought the figure, they were allowed to go to the back of the line and wait for the opportunity to buy another.
Seeing how that didn't go over so well with the crowd, I'm NOT looking forward to Sunday...if that is the case this time around.
---
#618 Posted: 05:44:59 18/12/2012
damn, I will be standing there from 11pm to 6am if I have to. I hate this time of year smilie
#619 Posted: 05:49:10 18/12/2012
I can wait. Especially til we see what/if giants will be released. If eyebrawl is there i still probly won't go til the day after Xmas but it'd be more likely I check out tru at midnight Sunday.
---
Ravens Nation.
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#620 Posted: 05:52:20 18/12/2012
I don't wanna be rude, but the fact some of you are going to TRU at midnight for skylanders is crazy. I find it rather...silly to spend good sleeping hours at a store for a figure which I will eventually find. But it is your guys decisions.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#621 Posted: 05:52:42 18/12/2012
Great look what this guy has
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html...n=happyface1225

If you go through it he has Cynder, Prism Break and Lightning Rod.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#622 Posted: 05:56:36 18/12/2012
And that goofball is a big dork if he thinks they will pull that much money.

Series 2 aren't as popular or wanted as Newlanders. There's a guy selling a Lightning Rod for cheaper on Ebay, and even it isn't selling. Heck, Terrafin's been absent for awhile, and so has Slam Bam. However, someone on Ebay is selling a Series 2 Slam Bam for 11.99 BIN with free shipping, LOL! That means he takes a loss on the figure.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#623 Posted: 06:02:38 18/12/2012
I know right? Not only have scalpers gone completely desperate to make even the smallest bit more money than what they paid for, but they actually expect people to pay $30 for Cynder, a character that most people will already have from the starter pack. I like the series 2 figures, but even their new features don't make them worth getting for the regular price let alone scalper prices. With that Double Trouble in series 1 pose in the Battlegrounds pack, you think they could have just offered the wow pows and even path switching in the first place, but no Activision just has to want more money as always.
---
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#624 Posted: 06:09:22 18/12/2012
RDT and the non royal but still s1 pose s2 dt have different insides than the s1 figs. Pose has zero to do with the inner working of the toys.

Also of course a business want more money. That's the point of being a business.
---
Ravens Nation.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:10:14 18/12/2012 by ThePunchPopFizz
#625 Posted: 06:11:37 18/12/2012
I'm just saying that we could have kept the original posed figures with orange bases instead so no one would have to deal with paying for the same figure most people would clearly have.
---
#626 Posted: 06:21:37 18/12/2012
Still would've been a new fig and another 10 bucks. Why not make it more physically appealing. I feel like I'm missing your point
---
Ravens Nation.
#627 Posted: 06:24:13 18/12/2012
Ah just thinking about how awesome it would've been to have path switching in the first place and they could have saved their resources on making even more new characters, but I guess they have trouble coming up with so many characters for each game with the small amount of time they tend to have. I still say there needs to be more bug skylanders. I do however like some of the reposes like Sonicboom and Double Trouble and having the upgrades on figures is nice like a sneak peek at how your character could look like when you choose your path.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:25:43 18/12/2012 by GhostRoaster617
#628 Posted: 06:49:21 18/12/2012
Yea woulda been but they probly didn't think of it til it was too late first game. They didn't know it'd be this popular. Now with the growing popularity I'd bet on some pretty amazing things next round. All I want is online multiplayer tho.
---
Ravens Nation.
#629 Posted: 06:53:04 18/12/2012
That actually would be one of the most awesome ideas for the next game. Can you imagine an epic Skylanders 3 PvP tournament on darkspyro. People on this site could enter to battle each other so we could show on the field how we handle our skylanders and you get to show your favorite skylanders in all their glory. That would so make the game more fun like Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
---
#630 Posted: 06:59:38 18/12/2012
It would be epic. The only problem for ds would be the 3 different tournaments. One for each system. Then winners from one platform would argue with other platform champs and so on. Otherwise it'd be great.
---
Ravens Nation.
#631 Posted: 07:01:50 18/12/2012
I sure hope they fix that in the next game. That smilie nerf in the wii version annoys me because everyone says he sucks because of that. No character and I mean no character deserves to be called pathetic just because some system nerfs them.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:02:12 18/12/2012 by GhostRoaster617
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#632 Posted: 07:21:34 18/12/2012
^ Ghost Roaster doesn't suck at all in Story. In fact, the ghosts that pop when he defeats an enemy are way better than before. He's just not a very effective PVPer, that's all. Few characters are great at everything; nobody is without a weakness.
mario7604 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#633 Posted: 10:04:45 18/12/2012
Quote: mario7604

What?

Sorry, not you. There was a post I read before mine that said a person saw in Gamestop a staff member taking out a Scorpion Launcher Battle Pack.

Quote: StarNinjini
What Mario???

Refer to my answer above.
---
YAY! I BLUE SPARX! Specials:
S:SA: all sidekicks, WERDS smilie Chase GITD smilie
S:G smilie GITD smilie smilie smilie AE smilie smilie smilie smilie
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#634 Posted: 10:32:28 18/12/2012
Quote: Tashiji
^ Ghost Roaster doesn't suck at all in Story. In fact, the ghosts that pop when he defeats an enemy are way better than before. He's just not a very effective PVPer, that's all. Few characters are great at everything; nobody is without a weakness.

I'm used to his Skull Charge being the way it was in Story Mode (it was really useful in SA) so I can't really utilize the ghosts or his ectoplasmic form all that well.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ziggymoonunit Green Sparx Gems: 271
#635 Posted: 11:39:00 18/12/2012
Quote: Rand O M
I don't wanna be rude, but the fact some of you are going to TRU at midnight for skylanders is crazy. I find it rather...silly to spend good sleeping hours at a store for a figure which I will eventually find. But it is your guys decisions.

For myself, I could wait. However, I am shopping for 2 little boys whos mother died in October and I promised their father on Thanksgiving I would get them what they were really wanting this Xmas - Skylanders. I made it my goal to track when the new ones were coming out and I will be doing my best to get them. I would hope to be able to get new Giants for me, but they come first.

On another note, I just went to my TRU and the electronics guy told me this - A batch of figures will be released on the 20th when they open. Others will be put out on the 23rd at midnight in their regular location, no display up front or anything. It will be first come first serve.
---
I have- smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:45:10 18/12/2012 by ziggymoonunit
jeffro2000 Blue Sparx Gems: 780
#636 Posted: 13:26:16 18/12/2012
I asked someone at my Gamestop, and they knew nothing about the 23rd. They said they had nothing in the back to put out then. Did say they had the Battle Pack to be released in Jan.

Also, I don't think TRU had any exclusive period on Wave 2. Maybe a day or so. I got all of Wave 2 for my kid at GS that same week. Got the singles on Wed I think, and Hot Head on Friday, maybe before, but it was all that same week.
#637 Posted: 13:29:50 18/12/2012
Interesting. I believe someone else said some were gonna be available the 20th as well.
---
Ravens Nation.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#638 Posted: 13:50:41 18/12/2012
Yes, midnight is insanity. Please just get some well-deserved sleep and order them from TRU.com in the morning if there are none at the store when you get there, like how it was with L. Stealthy, Hot Head, Jet-Vac LC, and all the other figures we kept ranting about the rarity of while half the forum quietly ordered theirs online. I bet anything the link will even be posted for you that morning, because there's always some nice person who goes ahead and does that. That's my plan. And as for how long it takes them to arrive? They're toys. I can wait a week for standard shipping if I've got to. It's not like they're rushing me medicine here.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:03:45 18/12/2012 by Tashiji
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#639 Posted: 13:55:06 18/12/2012
I go to target every day for work anyways, I'll just get em when i see em. They all end up there eventually. If i didnt have to work the next morning i might have gone at midnight simply for the fact that i am a night owl. I do everything at night when i can lol but i hate making the drive to tru so i will sit and wait smilie if i call and they happen to have a new giant then i may make a trip but i'm not going anywhere over a maybe
---
Praise Helix!!!
#640 Posted: 13:56:17 18/12/2012
Agreed tho I can wait til I see em on shelves days or even weeks later. It would be interesting to see tho. The wife and I have talked about going like 2am Sunday anyway just to see if tru is justifying the 24 hour thing. Sunday morning cause its the weekend and were usually out til late anyway. If I do go for funsies and there's no line I might pop in to see what they've got.
---
Ravens Nation.
#641 Posted: 14:37:11 18/12/2012
Sure many people can wait and that's great. Many of us would like to get them for Christmas. I sure as hell am not going to be standing outside for a skylander for myself but for my kid thats another story. So for those of you that can wait please do. That way I have a much better chance getting them BEFORE christmas. If I get them After Christmas then they are birthday presents for late Feb.
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#642 Posted: 14:37:12 18/12/2012
Quote: ziggymoonunit
Quote: Rand O M

For myself, I could wait. However, I am shopping for 2 little boys whos mother died in October and I promised their father on Thanksgiving I would get them what they were really wanting this Xmas - Skylanders. I made it my goal to track when the new ones were coming out and I will be doing my best to get them. I would hope to be able to get new Giants for me, but they come first.

On another note, I just went to my TRU and the electronics guy told me this - A batch of figures will be released on the 20th when they open. Others will be put out on the 23rd at midnight in their regular location, no display up front or anything. It will be first come first serve.

Well, that my friend is a good reason to go
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#643 Posted: 14:49:06 18/12/2012
I don't know if I should get the Cynder.

I got the GITD
Nash Latkje Red Sparx Gems: 61
#644 Posted: 15:01:56 18/12/2012
Just checking in.

Still haven't received any W3 Giants ; ;

Current shipments are
10 W3 boxes of Singles
2 W3 Boxes of Lightcores

Everything matches the lists we've seen so far.

As far as TRU and releasing at Midnight I made a post in Toys R Us Dec 23
Short Version - They will stock them when they feel like it >.>;;
#645 Posted: 15:05:40 18/12/2012
Well that seems good. Me wants a Lightcore Shroomy :3
Nash Latkje Red Sparx Gems: 61
#646 Posted: 15:08:09 18/12/2012
My guy at TRU said they were getting the Battle Packs as well on the 23rd.
Again, we'll see...

Not sure how anyone at TRU would know as if he doesn't already have it then he wouldn't know.
There have been no communications from the corporate offices referring to W3 release.
#647 Posted: 15:10:17 18/12/2012
Everyone knows the official date of release for the SS is 1/1/13.
gamecocksc17 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#648 Posted: 15:10:47 18/12/2012
has anyone that signed up for that portal owners club been notified of anything?

they acted like they would tell you of upcoming releases....and we are 5 days away.

i thought i had signed up for it.
---
Turrible, just turrible - Sir Charles Barkley
johnsonsteven86 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1563
#649 Posted: 15:22:04 18/12/2012
Nope was actually wondering the same thing
---
WTB: Frito-lay Hotdog as cheap as possible
#650 Posted: 16:03:29 18/12/2012
Quote: gamecocksc17
has anyone that signed up for that portal owners club been notified of anything?

they acted like they would tell you of upcoming releases....and we are 5 days away.

i thought i had signed up for it.

Everyone signed up for it...

[User Posted Image]
---
First | Previous | Page 13 of 15 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me