Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 15 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15
Wave 3 Release Date? [CLOSED]
treerex Green Sparx Gems: 105
#1 Posted: 22:07:28 01/12/2012 | Topic Creator
I found the Scorpion Striker Battle Pack pre-order on gamestop.com:
http://www.gamestop.com/toys/s...tle-pack/107129
It says the release date is 1/1/2013. Can this be the release date of wave 3?
---
42/99
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:08:30 01/12/2012 by treerex
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#2 Posted: 22:15:24 01/12/2012
We already covered this. That is Gamestop's placeholder date when they don't have an actual realease date.
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#3 Posted: 03:03:27 02/12/2012
GameStop has publicly stated on Facebook that the Scorpion Striker pack will not be out until January. I'd assume that wave 3 is also delayed until then.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#4 Posted: 03:04:26 02/12/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Here's the image up on gamestop's facebook page.

[User Posted Image]

As if there was any doubt, we can 100% confirm Zap and Hot Dog in it. I wonder though..Molten Hot Dog seems like the perfect thing to add which is what everyone is saying. Maybe he'll be an exclusive at another store?

---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#5 Posted: 03:07:03 02/12/2012
Quote: Matteomax

Well, Zing is actually right. The post with this image states that it'll be in stores in January. So...I wouldn't doubt if we don't see Wave 3 till then either.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#6 Posted: 03:08:11 02/12/2012
Awwwwwwwwwwww..... smilie
---
Bazinga Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#7 Posted: 03:08:28 02/12/2012
Yep, and you notice no Molten Hot Dog in it either.

Wonder if they will do a wave with Molten Hot Dog and all of those at the end after everything is released. Prolly not but it's a thought.
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#8 Posted: 03:09:45 02/12/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Here's the image up on gamestop's facebook page.

[User Posted Image]

As if there was any doubt, we can 100% confirm Zap and Hot Dog in it. I wonder though..Molten Hot Dog seems like the perfect thing to add which is what everyone is saying. Maybe he'll be an exclusive at another store?

*Sees picture*

*Squeals with joy*

*Dies*
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
#9 Posted: 03:12:21 02/12/2012
Skybagel... someone call a bus. He needs help!

smilie

P.S. A bus is an ambulance so it don't confuse people.

Anyways back on topic. This isn't really concrete proof of no wave for rest of year, however it strongly points that way. I for one am happy.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#10 Posted: 03:20:01 02/12/2012
*sees zappy*

*squeals*

*sees hot dog, a fun looking character*

*dies*
Techelement Yellow Sparx Gems: 1961
#11 Posted: 03:25:53 02/12/2012
I wonder if Molten Hot Dog will be in an exclusive battle pack for some retailer other than gamestop.
#12 Posted: 07:09:26 02/12/2012
You guys are forgetting another possiblity - this could be part of wave 4, which could be released in January. Activision said we would see wave 3 before Christmas on the official facebook page, meaning a December release, and wave 2 was orginally supposed to be in November, but got pushed up, at least for TRU. It makes sense, one wave per month, from October to January.
#13 Posted: 07:59:52 02/12/2012
Quote: SSj3 Derek
You guys are forgetting another possiblity - this could be part of wave 4, which could be released in January. Activision said we would see wave 3 before Christmas on the official facebook page, meaning a December release, and wave 2 was orginally supposed to be in November, but got pushed up, at least for TRU. It makes sense, one wave per month, from October to January.

Possible but, I doubt it. Why would gamestop post this already as being out in January before other figures that are going to be released sooner. I strongly suspect that this will be part of wave three in JAn.
Dragon Crusher Green Sparx Gems: 447
#14 Posted: 10:41:54 02/12/2012
The manager at gamestop said the January 1 2013 release date is a placeholder date so they can take pre-orders.

Meaning that they don't have the exact date when it is to be released but they know it will be no later then 1/1/2013.

So in other words it could be released tomorrow or anytime before then (1/1/2013. I would guess they will get other new skylanders (wave 3) on that same day "IF" they do get released before (or after) Christmas.

Before some troll says I have no clue what I am talking about I AM GUESSING ABOUT WAVE 3 and have no hard facts other then what the manager at Gamestop told me.

Call your local Gamestop or EB Games and ask them yourself.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:42:46 02/12/2012 by Dragon Crusher
Alliana Green Sparx Gems: 311
#15 Posted: 10:53:58 02/12/2012
Those dates in their system are subject to change, and are not always a 'no later than' date. Look at wave 2 in Australia. For the last month and a half their system gas said 29/11' but they still haven't arrived.

All you can do is cross your fingers it'll be that date in their system that the item will be in.
#16 Posted: 11:34:51 02/12/2012
Quote: Alliana
Those dates in their system are subject to change, and are not always a 'no later than' date. Look at wave 2 in Australia. For the last month and a half their system gas said 29/11' but they still haven't arrived.

All you can do is cross your fingers it'll be that date in their system that the item will be in.

All very true but the US has a much bigger buying base the Australia. Bottom line is much more money can be made here in the US so everyone else gets shafted. I have yet to see a video from Australia of people trampling people or punching kids in the face for a toy. On Black "Thursday" I witnessed a grown woman hit a 10 year old boy in the face for a $150 xbox 360 with the green gill. My Walmart down the street has dozens of them TODAY! People are nuts!

Only in America!
Alliana Green Sparx Gems: 311
#17 Posted: 12:17:56 02/12/2012
Yeah true, Americans are bat-crap crazy when it comes to that, but I'm talking as a long term employee of EB/GameStop. Just trying to share a little of my knowledge and experience here, not trying to piss on anyone's parade.
#18 Posted: 12:24:17 02/12/2012
It was posted on Gamestops facebook page that the battle pack with Hot Dog and Zap will be out in January. I don't think we will see any before then.
junebug Green Sparx Gems: 127
#19 Posted: 14:28:44 02/12/2012
I work customer service for a company whose products also have release dates- and they aren't always accurate. We give them tentative dates as well. When Game Stop says it will be available in January, it's possible that they mean BY January and will be released sooner. I think we could still see it before Christmas.

Besides aren't most retailers closed 1/1 for holiday? That's a weird release date IMO.
#20 Posted: 15:06:24 02/12/2012
Quote: Alliana
Yeah true, Americans are bat-crap crazy when it comes to that, but I'm talking as a long term employee of EB/GameStop. Just trying to share a little of my knowledge and experience here, not trying to piss on anyone's parade.

Very true my friend and I have no doubt you are only giving us your honest opinion.

Quote: Bazinga
It was posted on Gamestops facebook page that the battle pack with Hot Dog and Zap will be out in January. I don't think we will see any before then.

This is possible and it would suck if thats the case

Quote: junebug

Besides aren't most retailers closed 1/1 for holiday? That's a weird release date IMO.

My point exactly!

But in the end it is anyones guess and just up to Activision.
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#21 Posted: 15:50:17 02/12/2012
Quote: junebug

Any date that's the 1st, 15th, 16th or last day of a month is almost always a placeholder. If you put your faith in them being a true date, nine times out of ten you'll wind up disappointed.

January 1st is the most useless release date of them all smilie, because for bookkeeping purposes it just means the product is anticipated to come out sometime that year but the store hasn't even been given a guaranteed MONTH yet for its arrival.

Whereas if they'd been told it was anticipated to come out sometime in December but hadn't been given a specific date, it would have been listed as either 12/1, 12/15 or 12/31 at the whim of the store (and magically "changed" a few days before the placeholder actually passed.

So all signs point to Activision advertising Thumpback and Hot Dog so people will want them, making sure they AREN'T available this year, and then early next year (when people won't be able to return the Skylanders they had to buy as "substitutes"), they'll be released to make them more money.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:51:30 02/12/2012 by Peridot Weapon
Jack Green Sparx Gems: 115
#22 Posted: 18:39:16 02/12/2012
While we're on the topic of Wave 3, do we know what exactly is going to be part of this Wave?
---
S:SA 9/37 (Green smilie)
S:G 1/62
Looking for smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie, PM me! (:
#23 Posted: 18:40:38 02/12/2012
Thumpback, Eye-Brawl, S2 Spyro, S2 Prism Break, S2 Drobot, S2 Eruptor, etc. etc.
---
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#24 Posted: 18:53:14 02/12/2012
Thumpback, Eye-Brawl, S2 Spyro, S2 Prism Break, S2 Drobot, S2 Eruptor, etc. etc.

Proof please!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#25 Posted: 19:21:15 02/12/2012

You will amlost certainly not see more than one new giant in a wave that also contains a new Battle Pack and the last of the new regular figures. That's wishful thinking that so much new stuff would come out at the same time. There will be at least one if not two more waves and they will need something new for those of similar impact, and no, variants don't count.
StarNinjini Green Sparx Gems: 381
#26 Posted: 01:52:59 03/12/2012
Quote: defpally

You will amlost certainly not see more than one new giant in a wave that also contains a new Battle Pack and the last of the new regular figures. That's wishful thinking that so much new stuff would come out at the same time. There will be at least one if not two more waves and they will need something new for those of similar impact, and no, variants don't count.

How do you know!?
---
Hoot Loop :3
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#27 Posted: 03:15:29 03/12/2012
He doesn't. Hence the almost part.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
#28 Posted: 03:47:34 03/12/2012
Quote: ThePunchPopFizz
He doesn't. Hence the almost part.

Exactly, no one "knows" (outside of the makers). But, logic dictates they will not release almost everything left in wave 3 then have very little to look forward to in wave 4 and/or 5 (if it exists). That's just bad marketing. The sooner everything is out the sooner they lose front page news stories on gaming sites.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:55:07 03/12/2012 by defpally
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#29 Posted: 03:54:39 03/12/2012
Quote: StarNinjini

How do you know!?

A lot of it is basic common sense. I told everyone we wouldn't see any new ones this year, and Gamestop basically confirmed my theories.

They aren't going to give us a bulk of figures in a later wave, while leaving next to nothing in wave 4.

In wave 3, they are giving us the final Battle Pack. I am calling it now on Giants. We get 1 new Giant in wave 3 and the last 2 in wave 4. I am also calling it now, that we get 2 more Lightcore this wave, and 2 more in the final wave. I am also calling it, that we only have 4 waves.

Another reason why you don't want to give 2 Giants, on top of 2 Lightcore and a new Battle Pack in wave 3, is because there is the real possibility we see the remaining Series 2 figures getting released in wave 3. Only 8 remain.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Hindsight Green Sparx Gems: 200
#30 Posted: 15:52:14 03/12/2012
The Manager of my local GameStop just texted me.

The Scorpion Striker pack is a GameStop exclusive for the first 30 days, then it will be elsewhere.

This lends to the item being a Series 4 item that GameStop is getting early.

My vote is that we'll still see Wave 3 before Christmas.
#31 Posted: 16:02:16 03/12/2012
Quote: GameMaster78

How do you know!?

A lot of it is basic common sense. I told everyone we wouldn't see any new ones this year, and Gamestop basically confirmed my theories.

They aren't going to give us a bulk of figures in a later wave, while leaving next to nothing in wave 4.

In wave 3, they are giving us the final Battle Pack. I am calling it now on Giants. We get 1 new Giant in wave 3 and the last 2 in wave 4. I am also calling it now, that we get 2 more Lightcore this wave, and 2 more in the final wave. I am also calling it, that we only have 4 waves.

Another reason why you don't want to give 2 Giants, on top of 2 Lightcore and a new Battle Pack in wave 3, is because there is the real possibility we see the remaining Series 2 figures getting released in wave 3. Only 8 remain.

None of that is common sense. Common sense tells us this this battle pack is in wave 4. This is an limited time exclusive Gamestop is getting early, and early is sometime in January, so that would mean they are holding wave 3 off until February, which makes no sense at all. Gamestop pretty much destroyed your theory, especially when you combine that with the fact Activision said we will see new figures before Christmas. A much more likely scenario is that we will see 2 giants in wave 3, and the last giant plus this battle pack in wave 4.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:05:49 03/12/2012 by SSj3 Derek
#32 Posted: 16:19:25 03/12/2012
We will see, Derek, who was right.

Most of my theories here haven't been wrong yet, fortunately. So, let's just sit back and see who's right.

My calls -

- No wave 3 in December
- New figures in January
- Battle Pack in January (duh)

All one has to do, is look at the interview Paul Reiche III did with Andy at FGTV to see they met their quota and their word, when he stated that by the end of the year we would have more than half of the new Skylanders on the shelves. Heck, he met that quota after just one day on the market, when TRU got wave 2 in, bringing the total available Skylanders 38 of 62 after just 2 days on the market. 31 x2 is 62, but we had 38 Skylanders in just 2 days. Two weeks later, we got to add 1 more, for a total of 39. 2 weeks and 2 days after that, we got to add 1 more, for a total of 40. 2 days after that, we got to add 1 more, for a total of 41 out of 62 Skylanders.

That's more than half. They made good on their word.

By all means, though, show me this link to where Activision said we would get more characters before Christmas. I want this link to be relatively new. In other words, now that wave 2 has saturated the market, I want to see them say new figures are coming before Christmas.
---
#33 Posted: 16:22:47 03/12/2012
Activision's Amazon page said release in December.
---
Hindsight Green Sparx Gems: 200
#34 Posted: 16:28:29 03/12/2012
But GameMaster... 44 Skylanders would also be "more than half".

That's not much of an argument.
#35 Posted: 16:32:05 03/12/2012
Activision's Amazon page? Link please? Nevermind, I found it. I don't see anything about a release of new characters before Christmas on there. Link if you have it, though.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:34:40 03/12/2012 by GameMaster78
#36 Posted: 16:35:01 03/12/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
We will see, Derek, who was right.

Most of my theories here haven't been wrong yet, fortunately. So, let's just sit back and see who's right.

My calls -

- No wave 3 in December
- New figures in January
- Battle Pack in January (duh)

All one has to do, is look at the interview Paul Reiche III did with Andy at FGTV to see they met their quota and their word, when he stated that by the end of the year we would have more than half of the new Skylanders on the shelves. Heck, he met that quota after just one day on the market, when TRU got wave 2 in, bringing the total available Skylanders 38 of 62 after just 2 days on the market. 31 x2 is 62, but we had 38 Skylanders in just 2 days. Two weeks later, we got to add 1 more, for a total of 39. 2 weeks and 2 days after that, we got to add 1 more, for a total of 40. 2 days after that, we got to add 1 more, for a total of 41 out of 62 Skylanders.

That's more than half. They made good on their word.

By all means, though, show me this link to where Activision said we would get more characters before Christmas. I want this link to be relatively new. In other words, now that wave 2 has saturated the market, I want to see them say new figures are coming before Christmas.

Again, like I have told you before, it is on the official Facebook page. If you want to see it, go there and search, but a lot of us saw it already. For the record, most of your theories haven't been right yet, either. I haven't seen ANYTHING to indicate new figures in January, or none in December. If you have some proof on this, please show it, but common sense says you are wrong.
#37 Posted: 16:40:08 03/12/2012
Past theories, Derek... past theories. I have been here more than a month.

I looked all up and down Facebook's Skylanders page, and I see nothing.
---
#38 Posted: 16:50:25 03/12/2012
Also, manufactures have told ebayers, to except a December release for their pre orders.
---
#39 Posted: 16:51:30 03/12/2012
I think a few people are confusing "common sense" with "what I want to happen". We all want more figures sooner, myself and Gamemaster included. However, releasing a new wave right now gets lost in the Christmas shuffle. Afterwards and they get to enjoy a slow month and loads of Christmas gift money just waiting to be spent. They have tons of different figures available for the holidays. Sure many here are already tired and ready for new stuff, but remember that a whole bunch of people won't even get to play the game until Christmas morning. I'm one of the biggest Skylanders fans out there, and my sons love it as much as I do. But, none of us have every played Giants, on any platform. Not even once.

Battle Packs are similar to 3 packs, they haven't directly lined up with new Waves - they are always a little offset. If Gamestop has a 30 day exclusive, then it just means that won't show up elsewhere until then, but it says nothing about anything else released. Just because only Gamestop will have that first does not mean TRU and the others won't have any of the other remaining lightcores/giants/reposes.
#40 Posted: 16:54:14 03/12/2012
I couldn't...understand anything....?
---
#41 Posted: 17:00:17 03/12/2012
Also, manufactures have told ebayers, to except a December release for their pre orders.

According to who? Ebayers? Yes, they are the most reliable, honest sort.

Activision isn't interested in making sure Ebay scalpers have the most up to date, reliable information.

And I have done plenty of searching for the phantom Facebook post telling us to expect more figures prior to Christmas. Haven't found it. And even if I did that doesn't necessarily mean Wave 3. It could be in reference to Wave 2 wide availability. It could mean Legendary Stealth Elf. It could mean Royal Double Trouble. Maybe if you could give us a link where the moderators of the official Facebook page post (not a comment) that Wave 3 will be out prior to Christmas then we can accept that as "official" information.

I'm not trying to be mean here, but lets face it everything from a picture of Eye Brawl in the desert to a random survey has been forwarded as "proof" of a new wave. None of the real indicators have given any indication of it happening soon. No announcement posts. No news stories. No "In Hand" auctions that were smuggled out of a TRU stockroom. A new wave will not be kept a secret. Heck, Gamestop is announcing getting something new in a month ahead of when it comes in.
#42 Posted: 17:01:40 03/12/2012
No. The manufactures have told this to the ebayers.
---
#43 Posted: 17:11:12 03/12/2012

Please provide proof that does not involve an Ebayer saying that the "manufacturer told them they will be available in December". Selling a pre-order is actually kind of against the Ebay terms of service anyways. Activision has no interest in keep Joe "Thumpback for $75" Ebayer up to date with their release schedule.
#44 Posted: 17:13:08 03/12/2012
Oh sorry, i forgot you were the spokesperson for activision. On many ebay S:G pre orders, they state that the manufacturers gave them a December release.date.
---
#45 Posted: 17:19:55 03/12/2012
Oh sorry, i forgot you were the spokesperson for activision. On many ebay S:G pre orders, they state that the manufacturers gave them a December release.date.

I'm no more spokeperson than you are OR they are. You see to want to believe the one that tells you what you want to hear, despite the lack of logic. Use a little skepticism, is a guy selling a pre-order on a figure at a vastly inflated rate over MSRP going to be "in the know"? Is he going to be at least a little inclined to exaggerate because that makes his auction more enticing? No one knows, no real info from inside TRU, Gamestop or the official channels, but a guy on Ebay has definitive information. And you are mad at me for pointing that out?
#46 Posted: 17:26:44 03/12/2012
I can't be mad. I can never understand what you post, so it's like you could be giving me a compliment in a different language, and I wouldn't know. Btw, you should get an avatar, and a signature
---
#47 Posted: 17:28:01 03/12/2012

I could say the same thing as well. What makes any Ebayer so special, that they get info straight from the source, whereas stores like Toys R Us haven't even been told when to expect the next wave?

I never believe ANY Ebayer that says stupid stuff like, "Well, I got this info straight from the manufactuer," which by the way, is now Toys For Bob with their 3D printing machines that create the characters in office.

I'm sure TFB is all for allowing people info so they can turn around and sell said item on the aftermarket, where the Ebayer gets 100% of the profits. Sorry, I just don't believe that.

Here's something else. I don't see this info on the Facebook page or on this Amazon Activision page.

Here's another thing. Why make the next Battle Pack wave 4, when wave 4 will most likely contain a single pack Hot Dog and Zap, since wave 3 contains Jet-Vac and Shroomboom single packs? I guess I am the only one who sees the pattern here. What pattern?

Wave 1: Jet-Vac, Cynder, Shroomboom, Chop Chop exclusive pack ins (ie Starter and Battle Packs).
Wave 3 -

2 Jet-Vac
2 Shroomboom
1 Cynder
1 Chop Chop
6 other Series 2 (no zap)

Wave 4 -

2 Hot Dog
2 Of a character from wave 1, 2, or 3
1 Zap
2 remaining Series 2 characters
5 Series 2 characters from wave 1, 2, or 3

Another pattern -

Wave 1: Battle Pack
Wave 2: No Battle Pack
Wave 3: Battle Pack (since they aren't giving a NEW Skylander in this pack that hasn't been offered before somehow)
Wave 4: No Battle Pack

But, it's cool if no one wants to believe me. I just bet wave 3 won't be out until January. I can always refer to this post if I was right.

For fun, here is how I peg the upcoming releases for Giants and Lightcores -

Wave 3: 1 Giant, 2 Lightcore
Wave 4: 2 Giants, 2 Lightcore (2 Giants in this wave, since there is only 1 NEW Skylander coming out: Hot Dog)

My theory is this, based on wave 2 -

Wave 2: 2 NEW Core Skylanders, 1 NEW Giant
Wave 3: 2 NEW Core Skylanders (but have been available before), 1 NEW Giant
Wave 4: 1 NEW Core Skylander, 2 NEW Giants

We will see who's right. *pinky to mouth*
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:29:06 03/12/2012 by GameMaster78
#48 Posted: 17:41:08 03/12/2012
I can't be mad. I can never understand what you post, so it's like you could be giving me a compliment in a different language, and I wouldn't know. Btw, you should get an avatar, and a signature

You seem to understand it just well enough to comment on the parts that suit you. An avatar or clever signature will not improve this. I actually haven't found an avatar that I think suits me yet.

But since you are having "understanding" issues, I think I can help. The people on Ebay are making it up. They are guessing, just like everyone else is guessing. Putting a date in their auction makes it more enticing that saying "I don't know when it will come out". It isn't evidence of anything.

In short, since Gamemaster has an avatar and signature and that helps, what he said ^
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:42:28 03/12/2012 by defpally
#49 Posted: 17:44:53 03/12/2012
I just found it funny, that some in this topic are saying that Facebook stated more before Christmas, while the neverending topic on the Giants forum has everyone not knowing.

How is it SSJ here says everyone knew for a while, that the Facebook page said more before the end of the year, but no one else saw it and posted it on the Everything We Know topic on the Giants forum? I wonder why SSJ didn't go and clarify it to them in that topic, so that people wouldn't be wondering over there?

I am starting to have a theory about this thread. I just don't want to say it... yet.
---
#50 Posted: 17:57:59 03/12/2012
The problem isn't trolling or deception, it is just that there is a lack of information available, so people fill it in with what they want to hear. If ten people talk to you and nine say they don't know and the tenth gives you a specific answer, it is easy to simply believe the tenth. But logic dictates the nine are right. That's what is happening.

The reality is that lots of stuff is out. Many have already played the game to death and are ready for new stuff. They want to believe it is imminent. TFB and Activision are giving no real idea when it is coming. So some guy on Ebay saying the manufacturer told him sounds a lot more interesting than the silence they are hearing everywhere else. It is certainly better than thinking it might be a month before new stuff comes out.

And if we are wrong, fine I'll admit it. Simple way to do that. Link to the Facebook page that says "more before Christmas" from an official rep. Post the Ebay auction with definitive information for TFB on the release date. Don't say "you look for it", you cannot prove a negative. You are providing the item, you need to provide the link. You are convinced by your evidence, please help us agree with you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:03:34 03/12/2012 by defpally
Page 1 of 15 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me