Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done.
First | Previous | Page 22 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 36 37 38
Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done. [CLOSED]
CoastyJimbo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1778
#1051 Posted: 16:21:58 18/11/2012
Rock Zook and Rock Whirlwind do not show up as special on the PS3.
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6477
#1052 Posted: 16:26:51 18/11/2012
GM are you getting rid of some of your collection? I noticed something on ebay with the original variants from your collection.
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1053 Posted: 20:54:35 23/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Just the Variants. I am trying to update the pics on the first post, but it's the site is acting janky it seems.

EDIT: I might have to make a brand new topic. I keep trying to edit, and it just keep staying stuck on Edit after I click to edit the post. I could make a post on this topic, but it won't allow me to update the first post.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:57:51 23/11/2012 by GameMaster78
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#1054 Posted: 21:05:19 23/11/2012
Quote: CoastyJimbo
Rock Zook and Rock Whirlwind do not show up as special on the PS3.

both of mine show up as special on my ps3
#1055 Posted: 21:17:22 23/11/2012 | Topic Creator
See, the rocks aren't worth getting, if they don't show up as Special in the versions I main, which are the 360 and Wii U versions.
---
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#1056 Posted: 21:24:57 23/11/2012
The problem is GameMaster it seems it's not a matter of the game but the toys themselves. We've had people with Wii versions claim theirs show up, but a person with a PS3 version say they don't. Looks like in the long run some of the stone variants just didn't get the flag set in the chip. smilie

Gonna be hard as heck to find out from someone selling on eBay whether or not it does show up though.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#1057 Posted: 21:38:58 23/11/2012
My Rock Zook shows up as special on the XBox but my Rock Whirlwind has not made it to me yet, so I can't check it yet.

The scary aspect is now if the glitter ones have the same lack of uniformity in this aspect - when they arrive I will update if someone else hasn't in the interim.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#1058 Posted: 21:39:11 23/11/2012
the chips have identifying flags hard coded into them to identify the skylander. rock variants not showing as special means that the figure is faulty as the identifying flag has not been set correctly.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#1059 Posted: 22:41:55 23/11/2012
All chips are created equal and the process flash copies the default info on to them - what char, gold and exp level and the special flag. It is interesting that quite a few of them are coming up as "not special".

This alludes to the flash process not updating the flag rather than faulty chip - otherwise we would have seen other issues crop up regularly rather than just that one bit/byte (depending on how they store the data as they only need a logical bit but may waste a byte on it (or even a word or dword but that is rare)).

Faulty chips would also have had a statistical likelihood of showing other chars as special when they are not.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6683
#1060 Posted: 01:13:13 24/11/2012
*GAK* smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie *GAK*
---
Gay 4 GARcher
CoastyJimbo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1778
#1061 Posted: 01:57:23 24/11/2012
I apparently got two bad Rock Variants. Neither Zook nor Whirlwind show up as "Special." I tried on both Wii and PS3. I agree that it has to do with the chip on the actual characters.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1062 Posted: 02:03:54 24/11/2012
I guess you can consider them factory errors, and you should ask Activision if they can warranty them.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#1063 Posted: 02:20:05 24/11/2012
I'm sure that factory errors like this are common, but I reckon they're about to become less so, as the 'special' flag was intended to combat pirated variants to begin with, and if not all of them have it, the entire purpose is defeated.
Thumpterra12 Ripto Gems: 120
#1064 Posted: 21:11:44 28/11/2012
oh, your megax11 on gamespot? ive seen those pics.
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#1065 Posted: 02:08:23 29/11/2012
As a collector, i gotta say, keep the variants. they are hard to come across and a complete set looks amazing on a wall. i am quite envious of your collection and if i had this, i couldn't stand to see them go. your spyro collection is probably more amazing than the makers'. hang on to these, i can guarantee that the moment you sell these you'll regret it. it'll be like missing a chunk of your collection,
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
#1066 Posted: 04:31:03 29/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Thumpterra12

I post more on the Gamefaqs end, but yes, I am megax11 on Gamefaqs/Gamespot. Ross and I frequently talk on Facebook. He's the one who does the analysis on all of the characters (he posts that on the Wii board).

Quote: SparCrux1101
As a collector, i gotta say, keep the variants. they are hard to come across and a complete set looks amazing on a wall. i am quite envious of your collection and if i had this, i couldn't stand to see them go. your spyro collection is probably more amazing than the makers'. hang on to these, i can guarantee that the moment you sell these you'll regret it. it'll be like missing a chunk of your collection,

I keep telling myself to hold onto them. I don't think they will sell in the end, however. I don't think my collection would look bad without them, but I really do need to pay down some cards. If they don't sell, I will hold onto them, because I keep having this feeling that I will be selling a script pretty soon. Then, all of my money troubles are over... for life.
---
Uomolupo98 Blue Sparx Gems: 765
#1067 Posted: 20:26:49 29/11/2012
have spent billions ?
---
Sorry if my english sucks because im italian smilie
#1068 Posted: 01:10:51 30/11/2012 | Topic Creator
LOL, no. If I ever build up enough to have millions upon millions, I won't be dumb with it.

Honestly, this is the last time I buy 3 of each Skylander. I will go down to 2 of each, and I will just have to pick my favorite path for each character, after Giants.

This was the most expensive two months in gaming I have ever gone through. I think it took its toll on me. I really hope to sell a script, because even if I got 50,000 for 120 pieces of paper, after taxes, I would walk away with enough to pay off my bills, put a down payment on a bigger house, and have some left over. However, I've seen screenwriters with good stories get paid 2.5 mil for their first script, and 5 mil for each of their scripts after that.
---
#1069 Posted: 03:05:21 30/11/2012
Quote: GameMaster78

I post more on the Gamefaqs end, but yes, I am megax11 on Gamefaqs/Gamespot. Ross and I frequently talk on Facebook. He's the one who does the analysis on all of the characters (he posts that on the Wii board).

I keep telling myself to hold onto them. I don't think they will sell in the end, however. I don't think my collection would look bad without them, but I really do need to pay down some cards. If they don't sell, I will hold onto them, because I keep having this feeling that I will be selling a script pretty soon. Then, all of my money troubles are over... for life.

well, they wont look bad, its just, these make them complete. if you/anyone were to ever look back at your collection, that would probably be the first thing they'd notice. it's really an achievement to have amassed such a collection. it would be like someone having EVERY single skylander and every true variant, except for a dark spyro. they technically have every core skylander, but they dont have every publicly released figure. you can ask any unbiased skylander player, they are most likely envious of this.
---
#1070 Posted: 03:24:14 30/11/2012 | Topic Creator

well, they wont look bad, its just, these make them complete. if you/anyone were to ever look back at your collection, that would probably be the first thing they'd notice. it's really an achievement to have amassed such a collection. it would be like someone having EVERY single skylander and every true variant, except for a dark spyro. they technically have every core skylander, but they dont have every publicly released figure. you can ask any unbiased skylander player, they are most likely envious of this.

I can see some truth in your statements. However, I really never thought of them as needed to 100% my collection. I always based 100% on the poster that's included with each game. I still have that thought in my mind.

Problem is, TFB is overdoing variants. They shouldn't release so many. One character per wave would have been somewhat better, but there are 16 variants for SSA alone, and it's sort of overkill if you ask me.

It just doesn't feel right owning the ones from SSA, but not Giants. If I want my collection to stay consistent, I may have to part with them, because I have no intentions on buying variants from Giants for 100+.

Who knows. I am taking it one day at a time. I can't keep sucking up 50 cent losses each time I list it, and I hate beating a dead horse, so if they don't sell, I will keep them and figure out another way to make money. I do have 3 Castle Display Cases that are selling for around 40 each on Ebay, and I do have 4 Wham Shells that are pulling in some good cash on Ebay, and if I have to sell those for what they're going for on Ebay, in order to pay myself back a bit for the Wii U, then so be it.

Of course, if I sell a script, then hopefully I will not only need to not get rid of my variants, but I can fork out what the Giants variants are going for on Ebay, without even breaking a sweat.
---
#1071 Posted: 04:22:24 30/11/2012
yeah, maybe you can sell something instead of the variants. having SSA variants and no SG is a lot more "complete" than no variants.
i recommend you sell maybe your third set instead of all the shinies. you can even get a lot of money from selling a whole lot and throwing in a castle display case and a volcanic vault. or even go a little extreme and throw in a gnarly.
my point is to not rush it, i know you arent intending on doing that, but what you have is really special.
---
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#1072 Posted: 04:29:31 30/11/2012
Maybe someone asked before but there's too many pages to sift thru. What kinda script you writin?
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
#1073 Posted: 06:17:13 30/11/2012 | Topic Creator
My first script is finished and needs a few scenes changed, but is on hold. It's an action/adventure.

The script I am currently writing - and almost done with - is a horror/comedy, but it may have a fairly long runtime, because at 70 pages in (1 page = 1 minute of a movie), my group of characters haven't even started doing what they need to do in order to fix the mess surrounding them. I am trying not to cut out anything, but I may have to make some cuts near the beginning, that sets up some of the characters the main characters run into.

The script I am writing now, I have a feeling would sell faster than the first one, because the first one would cost a boatload of money, as it is very FX heavy, and has a very high concept to it.

Hollywood has ran out of ideas, so they are remaking crap (literally) like Red Dawn. Hopefully, I can inject some much needed imagination back into Tinsletown.
---
Uomolupo98 Blue Sparx Gems: 765
#1074 Posted: 13:38:20 30/11/2012
I do not have a cent, I'll buy someone? smilie
---
Sorry if my english sucks because im italian smilie
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#1075 Posted: 14:05:25 30/11/2012
Quote:
Hollywood has ran out of ideas, so they are remaking crap (literally) like Red Dawn.

Wait, are you calling the remake crap, or the original Red Dawn crap?
#1076 Posted: 15:13:03 30/11/2012
and they need better movies. not a lot of movies are out right now.
#1077 Posted: 15:38:58 30/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kung Fu Man
Quote:
Hollywood has ran out of ideas, so they are remaking crap (literally) like Red Dawn.

Wait, are you calling the remake crap, or the original Red Dawn crap?

I saw the original. I didn't care for it much. So, I only assume I wouldn't care for the remake. However, I haven't seen too many remakes that are actually better than the original.

and they need better movies. not a lot of movies are out right now.

It's because writers are out of ideas. Well, J.J. seems to have a lot of ideas, but he's been sticking to TV as of late.
---
#1078 Posted: 16:26:23 30/11/2012
i dont like ross's current list. ZOOK #19? WHY? switch zook with fright rider and its a good list.
#1079 Posted: 17:53:06 30/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I will have to look at his list and see what's up. I've been so busy writing, I haven't done much as of late.
---
mario7604 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#1080 Posted: 02:57:19 01/12/2012
Good luck with the Rocks and Glitters!
---
YAY! I BLUE SPARX! Specials:
S:SA: all sidekicks, WERDS smilie Chase GITD smilie
S:G smilie GITD smilie smilie smilie AE smilie smilie smilie smilie
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#1081 Posted: 14:44:15 01/12/2012
Haven't seen any updates in a while. Did you get anything new?
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
#1082 Posted: 15:13:23 01/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah, and I spent about 30 minutes updating the first post, but it wouldn't update. It seems this website is glitched or something, because someone else was trying to update a really long post and it wouldn't him/her to do so either.

So, I am just waiting until I feel like doing it again, before I try.

Honestly, it's probably good that I waited. I need to see if these variants sell, because I may have to update all pics. Plus, any pics I took recently, was with my iPhone, since the camera I was using got broken somehow.
---
Tigerj Red Sparx Gems: 98
#1083 Posted: 15:21:02 01/12/2012
I apparently got two bad Rock Variants. Neither Zook nor Whirlwind show up as "Special." I tried on both Wii and PS3. I agree that it has to do with the chip on the actual characters.

I too have Rock Granite Whirlwind and on Universe he is just a normal Giant..no Special or a different character. I haven't tried in the game yet on my 360 to see.

I been trying to find a complete list of characters that can be REGISTERED on Universe..I currently have 66 and I have seen as high as 91 on the site.

As cool as to get them all if you are a pure collector, it almost seems pointless as I agree with GameMaster. If they released 1 rare per wave then that may be cool. But right now for Giants we have 5 Rares? The 3 Silver Glitter and the 2 Rock Granite? I am referring to rares here, not exclusives to stores or a system. Then when you get one, who knows you have one unless you post a pic? If you go on Universe and someone looking at your collection, they have no idea you have a rare.

So far I am seeing they are just the same as their counterpart just in a different color. I don't see how that gains anything for Activision or for Toys For Bob when making these variants. They sell for the same price. All they do is inflate the price of them for other people who may collect them. In the end or 10 years down the road, they will be worth nothing. They just become a sentimental value or a nostalgic memory.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:22:35 01/12/2012 by Tigerj
#1084 Posted: 16:29:47 01/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tigerj

I too have Rock Granite Whirlwind and on Universe he is just a normal Giant..no Special or a different character. I haven't tried in the game yet on my 360 to see.

I been trying to find a complete list of characters that can be REGISTERED on Universe..I currently have 66 and I have seen as high as 91 on the site.

As cool as to get them all if you are a pure collector, it almost seems pointless as I agree with GameMaster. If they released 1 rare per wave then that may be cool. But right now for Giants we have 5 Rares? The 3 Silver Glitter and the 2 Rock Granite? I am referring to rares here, not exclusives to stores or a system. Then when you get one, who knows you have one unless you post a pic? If you go on Universe and someone looking at your collection, they have no idea you have a rare.

So far I am seeing they are just the same as their counterpart just in a different color. I don't see how that gains anything for Activision or for Toys For Bob when making these variants. They sell for the same price. All they do is inflate the price of them for other people who may collect them. In the end or 10 years down the road, they will be worth nothing. They just become a sentimental value or a nostalgic memory.

Wow, I am definitely glad I didn't buy the latest variants then. Even GITD Fright Rider, Sonic Boom, and Cynder show up as special in the home console games, as well as Spyro's Universe.

Phew... crisis averted. smilie
---
Tigerj Red Sparx Gems: 98
#1085 Posted: 09:14:13 02/12/2012

Wow, I am definitely glad I didn't buy the latest variants then. Even GITD Fright Rider, Sonic Boom, and Cynder show up as special in the home console games, as well as Spyro's Universe.

Phew... crisis averted. smilie

That's sounds right from what you have stated in your past posts...

GITD Fright Rider - Exclusive To UK Store
GITD Sonic Boom - Exclusive To Walmart
GITD Cynder - Exclusive Starter Pack To Walmart

So the 3 you mention are store exclusives, not just random variants like the one I have. So I will take it that those that you CAN buy in the stores and those are exclusive to stores or systems you can register. Those that are randomly variants are just that, random and count as a normal with just a different look and are just for pure collection only.

Update: The Stone Whirlwind I have comes up as a Series 2 Special on my Xbox 360 Giants.

Where the Online Universe he only comes up as a standard Series 2 Giants character.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 07:15:34 03/12/2012 by Tigerj
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5470
#1086 Posted: 09:47:27 02/12/2012
I almost keep thinking the title had something to do with Gnasty Gnorc.
Next one should be called Gnasty update smilie
Anyway, since I am not up-to-date with your collection yet, I wish you good luck with it as always!
#1087 Posted: 15:20:37 02/12/2012
Editing should work now.

I had that problem a few days ago but now I'm fine
---
laminated Yellow Sparx Gems: 1046
#1088 Posted: 16:19:10 02/12/2012
My first script is finished and needs a few scenes changed, but is on hold. It's an action/adventure.

The script I am currently writing - and almost done with - is a horror/comedy, but it may have a fairly long runtime, because at 70 pages in (1 page = 1 minute of a movie), my group of characters haven't even started doing what they need to do in order to fix the mess surrounding them. I am trying not to cut out anything, but I may have to make some cuts near the beginning, that sets up some of the characters the main characters run into.

The script I am writing now, I have a feeling would sell faster than the first one, because the first one would cost a boatload of money, as it is very FX heavy, and has a very high concept to it.

Hollywood has ran out of ideas, so they are remaking crap (literally) like Red Dawn. Hopefully, I can inject some much needed imagination back into Tinsletown.

Have you ever sold a script before?
thumpbackdude Yellow Sparx Gems: 1294
#1089 Posted: 12:04:40 04/12/2012
Can I have yr collection Its awesome!
---
There are two ways of doing things: the wrong way or the great western way!-Duck
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#1090 Posted: 15:22:03 04/12/2012
Are you getting Royal Dubb Trubbs?
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#1091 Posted: 16:04:51 04/12/2012
He already has 3
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
#1092 Posted: 16:47:26 04/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I have Royal Dubb. Infact, I have finally updated the first post.

I removed a bunch of pics, while updating some. I felt there wasn't a need to keep pics of each set of variants, since I have a pic that displays them all on the wall.

I also removed the pic of my kids and I's collection, as I have a better plan in the long run.
---
#1093 Posted: 14:43:27 08/12/2012
I see you got three Royal Double Trouble Battlegrounds Starter Packs, but why not a regular Double Trouble Battlegrounds Starter Pack? I'm surprised you didn't go for that since it looks exactly like a Series 1 but is a Series 2 and I guess is considered a variant all on its own.
---
#1094 Posted: 15:56:17 08/12/2012 | Topic Creator
It won't be hard to find, so I'm holding off until I get some more money saved. Any money saved at the moment, is for wave 3 and the new Battle Pack. Doing a store lookup on bestbuy.com, using my zip code, every store in my area has them instock.

I am getting it one day, however.
---
#1095 Posted: 17:06:08 09/12/2012
Ok. Cool. I hope Wave 3 comes out soon!
---
Crescent Wing Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#1096 Posted: 00:34:45 14/12/2012
Quote: CAV
You have FAR too much money.

I think he probably does. My friend Serah said that you should take a money management class (GM78) because you bought TOO many skylanders. She will rue the day when your skylanders will probably be worthless. I thought the Government had come to take you away when you haven't been on lately to me. Madi says that You GM are the reason that we cant find Skylanders, that you're the scalper, buying 4-5 Copies of everything.
---
Known as HeavenlyHeroGamer on Youtube.
#1097 Posted: 01:36:44 14/12/2012 | Topic Creator
I never cared how much they would be worth. I buy things for keeps, not to sell. If I didn't need money right now, I would keep my variants. Alas, though, I am trying to sell them. I am selling them seperately now, for 130 a piece with free shipping, in hopes they will sell.

I actually manage money really well... most of the time. This time backfired on me, for a totally different reason, though. smilie
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1098 Posted: 02:16:44 14/12/2012
Gamemaster wave 3 12/23
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#1099 Posted: 02:20:22 14/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I know. So far only able to get 1 of everything, so I can focus on getting 4 Hot Dog Battle packs. That is, unless my variants sell. If they sell, I can afford 4 of everything (3 for me 1 for kids). Last time I am doing 3-4 of every Skylander. For now on, it will be 2 each (1 to open 1 to keep sealed).
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1100 Posted: 02:25:57 14/12/2012
The script can sell you can still buy 3 of each you know
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
First | Previous | Page 22 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 36 37 38

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me