Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Funny story... [CLOSED]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1 Posted: 23:09:18 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator
So in Math the other day, my friend Brandon and I were talking about old games from our childhood, like Mario and Sonic and Megaman, etc., when I brought up Spyro and Skylanders. Here's how it went:

Me: Hey, remember the old Spyro games for PS1?
Brandon: Yeah. I've never played them, but they looked pretty good.
Me: They were. But, sadly, he sucks now...Especially with his new game.
Brandon: New game? I haven't seen it.
Me: You know Skylanders?
Brandon: Yeah, why?
Me: THAT'S his new game.
Brandon: OH MY GOD THAT'S SO FREAKING GAY.
Me: Yep...I know. smilie

I rest my case.

smilie > smilie
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#2 Posted: 23:26:54 27/11/2012
What are you, 5?
#3 Posted: 23:32:01 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator
No. I'm just stating my opinion that I (along with many others) think original Spyro is better than Skylanders. I have nothing against Skylanders fans, nor am I trying to flame them. I admit, Brandon could have been a little more mature about it, but I agree with his overall opinion.
#4 Posted: 23:37:04 27/11/2012
I could be smug, and tell you about how childish you're acting... Bu- Nah. You're not worth it.
#5 Posted: 23:39:19 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaro
Quote: Metallo
(along with many others)

Not really. There's only like 5 of you that trash Skylanders like this on here.

I didn't necessarily mean on here. I mean some of my friends on other sites and IRL as well. People on dS aren't the only Spyro fans in the world.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#6 Posted: 23:39:24 27/11/2012
Well,ain't funny,also using gay as an insult,but that's a whole different problem.Since when did the General subforum became the Classic/LOS is better than Skylanders subforum?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#7 Posted: 23:41:25 27/11/2012
Quote: Bifrost
Well,ain't funny,also using gay as an insult,but that's a whole different problem.Since when did the General subforum became the Classic/LOS is better than Skylanders subforum?

Since a wave of classic loyalist arrived to the forum and thought they'd all post "Skylanders sucks! AM I RITE?" topics.
#8 Posted: 23:42:17 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: bionicle2809

Since a wave of classic loyalist arrived to the forum and thought they'd all post "Skylanders sucks! AM I RITE?" topics.

That is the PERFECT word to describe us.....xD
#9 Posted: 23:44:41 27/11/2012

...So? It's not necessarily a good phrase. I'd rather be a Spyro loyalist than a classic loyalist any day.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#10 Posted: 23:44:55 27/11/2012
Except some Classic Loyalists here has been openly berating and downright insulting Skylander fans, mostly because they haven't played the original games... smilie
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:46:21 27/11/2012 by Aura24
#11 Posted: 23:48:35 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator

...So? It's not necessarily a good phrase. I'd rather be a Spyro loyalist than a classic loyalist any day.

That's your opinion. Dude, you're trying to chop down a tree with a butter knife; your insults aren't harming me. I could care less what you think about me.

EDIT: If what Aura said is true, then I am NOT a Loyalist....-shudders- But I still do think that original Spyro is 10 times better. And calling me childish isn't going to change my opinion.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:58:04 27/11/2012 by Metallo
#12 Posted: 23:55:05 27/11/2012
^If you hadn't noticed outside of the forums here, Metalo, most Classic Loyalists have been wasting their time sending death threats and hate mail to Activision and Toys for Bob all because they hate Skylanders that they think those actions will make a difference (when it doesn't). Like the Loyalists have nothing better to do with their lives other than treat Spyro like a living creature who should be 'worshipped'.

Most Classic Loyalists troll, berate and downright flames users who like Skylanders and honestly think that a large amount of dislikes on a Skylanders video is what makes the game 'sucks'. Seriously. Ted Price, the CEO of Insomniac Games who worked on the original Spyro trilogy, revealed that he liked Skylanders, and one Classic Loyalist went on and posted Ted Price as a 'traitor' all because he liked the game that user despise.

Some of the Classic Loyalists, fortunately, are mature enough to not waste their time making other people's lives miserable all because a game franchise has moved away from something they can't move on from.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#13 Posted: 23:56:58 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
^If you hadn't noticed outside of the forums here, Metalo, most Classic Loyalists have been wasting their time sending death threats and hate mail to Activision and Toys for Bob all because they hate Skylanders that they think those actions will make a difference (when it doesn't). Like the Loyalists have nothing better to do with their lives other than treat Spyro like a living creature who should be 'worshipped'.

Most Classic Loyalists troll, berate and downright flames users who like Skylanders and honestly think that a large amount of dislikes on a Skylanders video is what makes the game 'sucks'. Seriously. Ted Price, the CEO of Insomniac Games who worked on the original Spyro trilogy, revealed that he liked Skylanders, and one Classic Loyalist went on and posted Ted Price as a 'traitor' all because he liked the game that user despise.

Some of the Classic Loyalists, fortunately, are mature enough to not waste their time making other people's lives miserable all because a game franchise has moved away from something they can't move on from.

Holy Crap...0.0

Okay, I could rant all day about original Spyro being better, but I would NEVER do something that idiotic. Welp, better edit my post.
#14 Posted: 00:02:14 28/11/2012
^For an example: here's a Skylander video uploaded by IGN that is constantly brimming with Classic Spyro fans posting comments mostly saying the same thing and trolling other users who like the game:

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=OmzuKL1li0w
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:02:53 28/11/2012 by Aura24
#15 Posted: 00:05:43 28/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Dang. Well, I'm not trolling anyone who likes the game, I just don't like the game myself.
#16 Posted: 00:16:41 28/11/2012
Yeah, just wanted to explain why some of us are kinda hostile or annoyed with some Classic Loyalists here who keep flaming Skylanders and its fans, and express their favoring of the old Spyro games.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#17 Posted: 02:23:21 28/11/2012
*reads first post*

OY VEY! *forehead smack*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#18 Posted: 16:02:13 28/11/2012

That's your opinion. Dude, you're trying to chop down a tree with a butter knife; your insults aren't harming me. I could care less what you think about me.

...I wasn't trying to 'harm' you. Me thinks the lady douth protest too much.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#19 Posted: 21:47:45 28/11/2012
^For an example: here's a Skylander video uploaded by IGN that is constantly brimming with Classic Spyro fans posting comments mostly saying the same thing and trolling other users who like the game:

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=OmzuKL1li0w

That john smith dude...reallly takes words outta my mouth.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#20 Posted: 00:59:30 29/11/2012
Some Classic fans use Skylander Spyro's looks as an excuse for their excessive rage.... smilie
---
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#21 Posted: 01:41:45 29/11/2012
To be honest he is adorable to me smilie
That is just mean to the people who do like them.
But people do have different opinions, not all are gonna give up and say sorry for having their opnion.
shadowstrike Ripto Gems: 199
#22 Posted: 07:48:57 30/11/2012
I don't like skylanders but I don't hate it eather to me it is just another game to add to my collection
spyrobeta Green Sparx Gems: 237
#23 Posted: 08:52:22 30/11/2012
EXACTLY! Stupid skylanders making spyro have a bad name lol.
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
#24 Posted: 09:02:46 30/11/2012
Sorry, but thanks to skylanders, Spyro is even more popular, some kids may even look him up and learn about the classics, which they had no idea about.
#25 Posted: 09:14:17 30/11/2012
i never said that it is good because it has Cynder in it ..... What who said that I ment to say other playable characters
#26 Posted: 10:53:52 30/11/2012
Um do you even notice that because of skylanders, EVERYONE HAS FORGOTTEN SPYRO?

How has skylanders helped spyro? It hasnt. Its not even really a spyro game. Nobody refers to it as spyro and barely anyone who has it even plays as spyro. It did nothing for the franchise besides put it under 6 feet of dirt.
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
#27 Posted: 10:58:59 30/11/2012
Quote: spyrobeta

How has skylanders helped spyro? It hasnt. Its not even really a spyro game. Nobody refers to it as spyro and barely anyone who has it even plays as spyro. It did nothing for the franchise besides put it under 6 feet of dirt.

It's okay beta, I wasn't attacking you, thanks to skylanders, heaps of people have joined here, that means they would see the other icons on here and maybe had a look into it, thanks to skylanders, the kids who had no idea who spyro was now may get to know how he started and ect, we have to give them a chance.
Also, Spyro is more popular, I see heaps of Kids with Spyro t-shirts, not Gill Grunt, Not Trigger, Not cynder oir eruptor, I do see them every-so-often, but I see most of them with spyro.
Spyro is now known as a skylander, if kids see a new game just about spyro, they'd think "hey, It's the skylander I've played in skylanders!"
they would want to buy it more, and meaning more money meaning more games, and if they see an old game with the spyro's name in the title and the purple dragon at front, they'd think the same thing and learn more about his past.

once again, opinions opinions, you have yours and I have mine, Skylanders may be dirt to you, but to me it is a good kids game to play.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#28 Posted: 12:31:55 30/11/2012
It's sad to think that people who like Classic Spyro can't share their opinion, while Skylanders fans can, and this is coming from someone who is a fan of all the games.
#29 Posted: 12:46:25 30/11/2012
totally agree with above. Aura24 jumps on people for attacking Skylanders fans, but she is a major hypocrite. If a skylanders fan attacks regular or Legend spyro fans, she is all cheerful and looks the other way.
---
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4192
#30 Posted: 15:44:07 30/11/2012
Dang. Well, I'm not trolling anyone who likes the game, I just don't like the game myself.

I happen to like all three versions of Spyro.
And there's nothing wrong with any of them, anyone calling them "gay" is just using 4th-grade playground insults.
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
#31 Posted: 16:43:26 30/11/2012
totally agree with above. Aura24 jumps on people for attacking Skylanders fans, but she is a major hypocrite. If a skylanders fan attacks regular or Legend spyro fans, she is all cheerful and looks the other way.

Because very few Skylanders fans attack original/tlos fans. They might attack the games, which I don't have an issue with because it's an opinion, but actually attacking the fans is the issue. Personally, I don't understand how you can sit there and call someone out for being biased towards Skylanders fans when you yourself are biased towards original fans of the game.
#32 Posted: 18:19:41 30/11/2012

Great, another user who thinks I'm the bad guy, when they haven't even looked at their own comments and fail to see how disruptive and unconstructive they had been, which is the reason some users had talked to you about.

Do you have any idea how disruptive some of your recent comments have been, spyrobeta? Literally flaming users who never played the original Spyro games and liking Skylanders. You seriously need to stop being a stuck-up, immature Classic loyalist and get with the program that Classic Spyro probably isn't going to come back, and that continuously flaming/insulting other users all because they like Skylanders is never the answer to everything, spyrobeta. That latter action could get you suspended from the forums if you continue.

What complete idiots said they never played the original?

IS THERE REALLY THAT MANY PEOPLE WHO STARTED WITH SKYLANDERS OR LEGEND OF SPYRO???

Oh jesus... people for 1, stop complaining.
2. Thumpterra12: Get over it. Spyro polls are out even when skylanders is out because Spyro started your precious skylanders crap to begin with.

3. STILL baffles me to see how many people never played the originals.

Seriously dont need to be crude. First of all, i was not targeting you, so back off and get over it.
Second, its my opinion, nobody cares what you think. You always go PMS on people who hate your previous Skylanders.

I seriously doubt you are an adult if you are acting this way towards other users. Or you are just another one of those immature Classic loyalist who think their opinions are fact and that others around them should be given the message regularly in a disruptive way. The way you are acting is giving other older Classic Spyro fans, who isn't angry towards Skylanders, a bad name.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 19:17:59 30/11/2012 by Aura24
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#33 Posted: 18:39:32 30/11/2012
This really is a never ending circle ...... i hope that you all can see that. As long as we are looking for the ones who are right or wrong this never stops .... You can not find the right answer to a question like does skylanders suck? or is it better then the original ? There are only opinions and opinions can never be absolute facts.
That is as useless as the talking about the stuff that who is trolling who , it can be a fact that classic spyro fans do troll more .... i dont know . But the point is who can stop it first ? When you start this kind off topic , you are the only one who can say do you just say your opinion or do you mean it to be hate talk . If your point is to irritate the other fans then it is really hate talk , if you just wanted to put it here to be a joke and opinion then it is .... opinion . You can say that it is only a opinion and joke , but really nobody of us can never proof it true or false , that is then what we call trust ... if we trust that you are telling the truth then it is again our opinion.
But when you start to comment on some ones post you really do already make your own opinion about the point of the post , and if you answer to it something like " are you a little kid or something ? " ... well after that you are not any better then the one who started it.
Opinions can argue against each other to get more people to think same way whit them, and that really is different thing then fighting . But in the game of arguing the point is to say , why skylanders is better then classics or why skylanders can not mach to the classics? The wrong way to do this is like : why classic is better ? Because skylanders sucks .... or other way. You can say why you think so like classic spyro had so much stuff to do and skylanders spyro looks stupid , that is argument, and after that you should tell why you think so ,thats arguing which is right thing to do whit opinions. The difference between arguing and fighting is that , when you are arguing you should always say why you think how you think. But when you are fighting you really just attack against others opinion not even saying why you do think so.

SO why i am saying this all ? I hope that i can make even some one to see that as long as it is about opinions .... you can always fight but never win ... So the question for the fighters , WHY TO FIGHT THEN ?

These where again OPINIONS so plz , read this and try to say your opinion about what i am saying .
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#34 Posted: 19:39:33 30/11/2012
And it's times when the Be constructive with criticism and Don't troll/flame other users rule should come to mind. But some fans just disregard those rules and continue doing it anyways.

Because very few Skylanders fans attack original/tlos fans. They might attack the games, which I don't have an issue with because it's an opinion, but actually attacking the fans is the issue. Personally, I don't understand how you can sit there and call someone out for being biased towards Skylanders fans when you yourself are biased towards original fans of the game.

And she calls me a major hypocrite. She should look in the mirror.
---
Thumpterra12 Ripto Gems: 120
#35 Posted: 19:41:39 30/11/2012
she was looking in a mirror when she said that. lol.
#36 Posted: 22:20:51 30/11/2012
Quote: Spyrobaro
Quote: arceustheprime
It's sad to think that people who like Classic Spyro can't share their opinion, while Skylanders fans can, and this is coming from someone who is a fan of all the games.

Most Classic fans don't let Skylander fans have an opinion. SOME Skylanders fans do the same. However, the Classic fans are the majority, so people tend to get more annoyed when they say "SKULENDERZ SUX!!!" because they see it all too much.

Not a lot of people played Spyro in the first place. It's not a big deal.

This.
I never said You couldn't express your opinion, you acted like I couldn't have mine, so I talked more about what I thought, Like I always, always say:
Everyone has a different opinion, and opinions are opinions, not facts.

I bet that everyone will ignore this comment and base their thoughts on my last one as usual.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:22:29 30/11/2012 by crystalhero37
#37 Posted: 22:34:44 30/11/2012
Don't mind Spyrobeta, crystal, apparently she's still angry on Skylanders and annoyed by its fans at the moment.
---
#38 Posted: 22:38:01 30/11/2012
it is just another game what's the matter people have opinions and that's just who thay are and if everyone was the same imagine how boring things wood be

Did you think about that
#39 Posted: 03:30:48 01/12/2012

*facepalm*

Your illogical perception continues to sadden me. I don't understand why you people insist on looking at Skylanders as a Spyro game. Skylanders is its own franchise created by Activision to fulfill two purposes: 1) give them a successful children's franchise and 2) create a niche market for game based merchandise and merchandise based games. And these children that the Skylanders series is aimed toward were barely or not even alive for the Insomniac games. You argue that everyone's now forgotten Spyro. But you forget that the last critically successful Spyro game was Year of the Dragon. Universal & Sierra clearly showed they had no idea how to handle the Spyro franchise when they took over from Insomniac and Sony. Better that Activision use the character intelligently in a successful new franchise, then continue to make lackluster titles like the Legend games.

I'm sorry none of us have a time machine to take you back to 2001. <.<
---
#40 Posted: 03:36:44 01/12/2012
I'll say. Skylanders is giving Spyro a lot more attention than Sierra and Universal ever did, and it still surprises me. Fans who still long for the 90s classics should be grateful that Spyro is still going on, instead of being in limbo like Crash.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:37:38 01/12/2012 by Aura24
#41 Posted: 03:39:43 01/12/2012
Yeah... Naughty Dog trilogies have this strange habit of suffering slow and painful deaths (Crash & Jak). Although Sony appears to be trying to avoid that with the Uncharted series. <.>
---
SkyWanderer Blue Sparx Gems: 597
#42 Posted: 03:42:01 01/12/2012
Jack and daxter finished its trilogy and ended up bought by someone else who could not keep the magic going.

as for crash...

*silently mourns in corner for the probable death of his franchise.
---
http://omicronwanderer.deviantart.com
I am an Enviornmental modeler for projectFrixion : http://projectfrixion.deviantart.com
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#43 Posted: 08:07:24 01/12/2012
I'll say. Skylanders is giving Spyro a lot more attention than Sierra and Universal ever did, and it still surprises me. Fans who still long for the 90s classics should be grateful that Spyro is still going on, instead of being in limbo like Crash.

I'm sorry, but I don't think that saying to somebody "You should be greatful that Spyro is still going on" is going to help much at all, since it has been changed so much, I'd rather it didn't continue, lol.

Let's just say for a moment that Year of the Dragon was the last ever Spyro game, and Universal just left the franchise to die along with the PlayStation at the time of 2000, I think that it would have been more understandable than just trying to make as much money as they could out of it afterwards really, smilie Their also wouldn't be as much conflict between fans, even though people complain about the people complaining, it's still not going to change, they're going to be people who disagree with each other, no one can change that.

It's like saying to a mass murderer not to kill no one anymore who have commited crimes of killing people with a gun, and then they go ahead and find a gun, and will still do it anyway if they had the chance, but then again, there's that small percentage of them changing.

Just saying, that some people won't change, no matter how much you complain about them. I think it's best just to ignore them, and let them get on with it now. Even when a new Spyro games comes out that I don't like much, I'll simply leave a comment now, and say "I didn't like that very much, I don't think a lot of it at all" and leave it at that, lol.

I guess if only the first three was released, their probably wouldn't be this fanbase on the internet for it now, like there's no fanbase on the internet for Croc, for exmaple. Mind you, that game got bad reviews when it first started, so that's no surprise really, at least Spyro started off with great reviews.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:19:00 01/12/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#44 Posted: 08:20:27 01/12/2012

I have to say that one big thing about making a great and legendary game series, is to know when to stop.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#45 Posted: 08:32:15 01/12/2012
Yes, legendaries franchises, like Spyro, don't last forever. The series could've ended at Dawn of the Dragon, and went into limbo like Crash.

Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I'm sorry, but I don't think that saying to somebody "You should be greatful that Spyro is still going on" is going to help much at all, since it has been changed so much, I'd rather it didn't continue, lol.

Let's just say for a moment that Year of the Dragon was the last ever Spyro game, and Universal just left the franchise to die along with the PlayStation at the time of 2000, I think that it would have been more understandable than just trying to make as much money as they could out of it afterwards really, smilie Their also wouldn't be as much conflict between fans, even though people complain about the people complaining, it's still not going to change, they're going to be people who disagree with each other, no one can change that.

It's like saying to a mass murderer not to kill no one anymore who have commited crimes of killing people with a gun, and then they go ahead and find a gun, and will still do it anyway if they had the chance, but then again, there's that small percentage of them changing.

Just saying, that some people won't change, no matter how much you complain about them. I think it's best just to ignore them, and let them get on with it now. Even when a new Spyro games comes out that I don't like much, I'll simply leave a comment now, and say "I didn't like that very much, I don't think a lot of it at all" and leave it at that, lol.

I guess if only the first three was released, their probably wouldn't be this fanbase on the internet for it now, like there's no fanbase on the internet for Croc, for exmaple. Mind you, that game got bad reviews when it first started, so that's no surprise really, at least Spyro started off with great reviews.

I am aware. When a new game comes out, there will always be fans who dislike it and nothing can change that.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:45:44 01/12/2012 by Aura24
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me