Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Best and Worst Spyro villains?
Page 1 of 1
Best and Worst Spyro villains? [CLOSED]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1 Posted: 15:41:13 25/11/2012 | Topic Creator
What do you guys think? I'd say:

Best: Gaul. He's just like Bane from The Dark Knight Rises; he's big, brutish, and physically imposing, yet he is also very literary and articulate. And VERY malicious.

Worst: Kaos. No...just no -.-
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#2 Posted: 17:26:05 25/11/2012
Best: Ripto, Kaos, and Malefor- Hardest Spyro bosses when I first played the games.

Worst: The tech source battle in Spyro's Adventure- It was so boring. Basically just trolls in a tank.
#3 Posted: 17:58:22 25/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I don't mean the way they fight, I mean their personalities.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#4 Posted: 18:12:08 25/11/2012
Personality wise..

Best: ANB Cynder, Ripto, Gaul
Worst: Malefor, Gnasty Gnorc (particularly in AHT)
---
but i love it all smooth
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#5 Posted: 22:12:38 25/11/2012
Ripto, Cynder, Red and Kaos.

Everyone else lacks things
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#6 Posted: 07:26:57 26/11/2012
I think The Sorceror is really underrated and has a lot of potential for really interesting fanon- I'm still waiting for someone to do something with him. I do have an idea of what I'd place as his origin and ideals, but I never fleshed it out.

Gaul is clear best however. Sorceror is second and Gnasty is third to me. Ripto would probably be higher but we saw him way too much in my opinion. He was awesome in Gateway but he was just boring after that(especially getting put into the GBA games so much). Red and Cynder get honorable mentions because they both have well done backstories, personalities and boss fights. Crush and Gulp were good minions but you don't see them enough. Every boss from YoTD was also fantastic, just because they all had wonderful boss fights and designs. AND SKABB IS BRILLIANT.

Malefor was meh. He was disappointing for something meant to be so "final". Grendor was terrible, he had almost no backstory and his goal was... Unwieldy? And pretty much everyone that isn't mentioned was just bad. Besides Toasty the epic sheep.

Anyone from Skylanders isn't a Spyro villain IMO. However, if they do count, Frightbeard for worst... Easily.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:28:05 26/11/2012 by Nibelilt
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#7 Posted: 07:56:48 26/11/2012
best: Gaul, he was so much better and more 'evil' to me more than Malefor.
and Kaos, I love his personality, like a throwback to the classics (the bit when he first appears to Eon and the skylanders with his big head made me laugh, which hasn't happened in a video game for a while).
Cynder is also a favorite, I love her story, the dark background and her powers. A great villian in ANB (sadly, a bit easy).
least favorite: Ripto, we just saw him way too much, I got sick of him after season of Ice, then he appeared 3 times again.
I loved him in GTG and ETD, his personality was my favorite, but thanks for over-use, he's my least favorite.
Gnasty Gnorc in AHT, he ws just - BAHHH. I like him in Spyro the dragon, but was a bit too dramatic in AHT.
Definately Malefor too, and for obvious reasons.

I bet'cha this doesn't make much sense.
Kurui Ripto Gems: 191
#8 Posted: 09:05:31 26/11/2012
Best: Masuta Soak
Worst: Anyone not Masuta Soak

*kisses butt/sucks up/triestobecomefavouredbypostingpraisesonaforums*

But it really is my opinion.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#9 Posted: 09:38:26 26/11/2012
^ Glumshanks worst lol?
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#10 Posted: 12:51:01 26/11/2012
Best:
Ripto from Spyro 2 RR/GtG, Because it was an epic battle, using the power of the orbs to defeat him. (it reminds me the final level of MediEvil, when you have to use all the chalices you collect in the game to defeat the undead army of Zarok) Also, this battle has a great Soundtrack.

Not so Good but It could be better:
Grendor from Spyro Season of Ice, it wasn't a big deal to defeat him, not much to say, I was specting more about this Villain...

If you are including Skylander series, then:

WORST!!!:
Kaos from SSA, Why? Because it's so BORING!! and I found a lot glitches in that battle, the soundtrack it's very repetitive in the whole game and Kaos's Script is so but SO OBVIOUS. Of course, it could be much better than this....
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#11 Posted: 20:10:46 26/11/2012
Best: Ripto (aka Tachyon Lite) and I guess Ka... Zim 2.0. >.>

Worst: Malefor. Blah blah blah boring. Waste of good VA talent. Boss fight was a complete rip off of another, better game. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:31:37 04/12/2012 by HIR
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#12 Posted: 20:51:54 26/11/2012
Best: Ripto, Kaos

Worst: Spike. The. Moth********!
---
Keep smile
#13 Posted: 21:31:52 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Kaos is a cheap wannabe Ripto.
#14 Posted: 21:37:28 26/11/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
^ Glumshanks worst lol?

Glumshanks-san is not a villain. He's just totally misunderstood and too loyal to Masuta to do anything else. >:
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#15 Posted: 00:41:10 27/11/2012
Best would be between Gaul and ANB Cynder, they actually came off as being EVIL, and meniacle. The other villians kinda were just typical "I wanna rule to world because reasons", and never really acted all that 'evil'. Worst, I dunno. Ripto had little to no backstory or reasons, he just showed up outa nowhere. At least malefor kinda had SOME reason for his evil. He craved power.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#16 Posted: 00:50:44 27/11/2012
Quote: Kurui
^ Glumshanks worst lol?

Glumshanks-san is not a villain. He's just totally misunderstood and too loyal to Masuta to do anything else. >:

Um, Glumshanks serves Kaos as his butler and carries out his orders, that's make him a villain as well.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Killgore Red Sparx Gems: 87
#17 Posted: 01:29:16 27/11/2012
Best villian by far is gnasty gnorc. Probably not in aHT, though. I mean, did you see his underwear?
---
(._.) (.-.) (._.) (.-.)
they see me rolling
they hatin
#18 Posted: 02:48:21 27/11/2012
Quote: Aura24
Quote: Kurui
^ Glumshanks worst lol?

Um, Glumshanks serves Kaos as his butler and carries out his orders, that's make him a villain as well.

Okie okie. -__-;;;

Then I'm torn between Masuta and Glum-san. Sorreh Masuta.
spyrobeta Green Sparx Gems: 237
#19 Posted: 03:20:58 27/11/2012
Kaos was the worst. A complete try hard, and not even remotely evil like. He basically is stolen from just about every other evil villiain in cartoons and games.

The best? The Sorceress from Spyro 3, because she was actually pretty good. She was able to trap several powerful characters in cages, vanish the dragons, steal all the eggs, and was going to kill the baby dragons after she got there wings. She was good, Kaos is a complete idiot try hard.
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:22:10 27/11/2012 by spyrobeta
#20 Posted: 04:09:25 27/11/2012
Quote: spyrobeta
Kaos was the worst. A complete try hard, and not even remotely evil like. He basically is stolen from just about every other evil villiain in cartoons and games.

The best? The Sorceress from Spyro 3, because she was actually pretty good. She was able to trap several powerful characters in cages, vanish the dragons, steal all the eggs, and was going to kill the baby dragons after she got there wings. She was good, Kaos is a complete idiot try hard.

Poor Masuta, at least he tries and that's what counts. But yes, I wouldn't exactly call him evil. Nothing that cute can be evil!

How many games have you played? I don't know many games were villains are like Masuta. Most male villains I know look like women and pretend to be a badarse. And somehow get flailing fanboys tagging at their invisible skirts. Heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:09:48 27/11/2012 by Kurui
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#21 Posted: 21:14:43 27/11/2012
Best: It HAS to be a tie.Gaul and Kaos.
Gaul,even if he's the most underrated of all villains(at least when it comes to fanart,even more if you count out Razzek's fanart), he was the most threatening and truly villainous. With a role bigger than Malefor,he actually was the one to make Cynder a killing machine,and still held out for himself with fighting skills and some magic.Also,lasers coming out of his emerald eye,that alone makes him awesome.
Kaos is on the extreme other end.He's funny,cheesy to the point of pissing anyone off and suffers a lot from SKL's bias(as in,he'll never get enough love since it's a kids' game despite his story), but he's VERY far from being harmless.Won more than any other villain(closest is Ripto,but he didn't nuke an island) in the series,got more and more insane as the games went on,and has a rather sad backstory; being the black sheep of the family and being rejected even by the people he created to be his friends,going down and down the moral event horizon until he didn't mind killing anyone in his way anymore.
Both of them need more love.More attention,as well.

Worst: Kinda hard to find one with such shallow plots before LOS anyway.Gnasty has the standard brute personality,Ripto is a toned-down Kaos(even if he came before him),Sorceress was creepy as hell with her plans and how she was defeated the second time.In LOS,Cynder is a normal edgy villain and stuff,and Malefor was just a bad attempt at a second edgy villain.
However,the worst offender is undoubtely Dark Sorcerer.Shadow Legacy could be as small as it was,but,after giving Red his reason to be bad,they just forgot about the second purple dragon to appear in the series.He only has full lines near the very end of the game,then throws in some edgy stuff without reasoning,and has this weird as hell giant dragon form that makes no sense.Hadn't he appeared around in the game before or were the creator of the Shadow Machine,you could pretty much say it was a Final Boss out of nowhere.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#22 Posted: 21:17:01 28/11/2012
Kaos has a pretty cool backstory too, imo.
---
but i love it all smooth
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#23 Posted: 21:26:54 28/11/2012
If you include Bianca, I'd say her as one of the best because even though she didn't battle you and was mostly to blame for the eggnapping, she's sweet and I don't think she's ever wanted to work for the Sorceress. She's definately the sanest out of Hunter and Spyro, but a little absent-minded (in one game she leaves a spell book behind and a villian rises). Bianca was also a better apprentice than Crush and Gulp would ever be. She's also the prettiest smilie

Ripto is in my top 3 list of best badguys/gals. The way he thinks he can get through Spyro and rule over Avalar when he's just a little midget dinosaur is laughable smilie Plus, I like the cutscenes where he's raging about Spyro. Short temper much? Insomniac based Ripto on some guy working there, too. His final boss battle was amazing and intense: I am 12 and only a few months ago did I beat it myself smilie

The Sorceress is E V I L. She treats Bianca like idk what, she doesn't care if she kills the baby dragons, she's power-greedy and dumb. Her first battle was awesome. Her second was a surprise, I was like, "WHAT THE FUUUUCK ANOTHER ROUND!?" and that turned out as a disappointment. Her cutscenes are cool, she doesn't seem to give two pingus if her apprentice walks out on her or not. That's why I like her!

Worst has gotta be Gnasty Gnorc. His battle was just chasing him through a couple of doors and flaming him 3 times. The others in that game were much harder.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:34:52 02/12/2012 by Jaggedstar
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#24 Posted: 02:45:42 29/11/2012
Adult evil Cynder was one of my best villains in the Spyro series when I finished ANB. My second is Vathek, even though he's a minor villain, he actually succeeded in ruling over Dragon's Peak and overthrowing his own brother (even though the seemingly impending boss fight was a letdown). And my third best is Ripto (epic boss battle ftw).
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:48:10 29/11/2012 by Aura24
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#25 Posted: 17:36:31 01/12/2012
Favorites: Sorceress, Ripto, Cynder, and Red.
Least Favorites: Malefor, Gaul... (Gaul was just... so frustrating for me), and Ripto. I liked him in Ripto's Rage, and I liked how he returned in Season of Flame, but after that appearance... bleh. I just found him annoying and wanted a new villain for once.

Can't say anything about Kaos since I haven't played Skylanders... but from the cutscenes, he seems cool.
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#26 Posted: 17:51:38 01/12/2012
Best: Ripto and the Sorceress because I always liked their attitudes.

Worst: Malefor... I don't even have to explain.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#27 Posted: 21:43:04 01/12/2012
Best: Ripto from Gateway to Glimmer.

Worst: Malefor
SkyWanderer Blue Sparx Gems: 597
#28 Posted: 16:19:25 02/12/2012
Best Personality: Ripto

that little dinosaur was funny, the moment where he kicked monebags off the castle in autumn plains was just brilliant because it both made you chuckle at the fat bear that everyone hates moneybags as well as the manner in which ripto achieved it.

plus he had some great lines.

Best boss battle: The sorceress

Seriously we had flying saucers, cannons, and powerups of all kinds plus a secret boss battle inside a bonus round.

Best boss theme: gnasty gnorc (spyro the dragon)

his was a great theme that fit all the running you had to do chasing after theives and the gnorc himself.
the sound when you came flying in to land was the best.

Nastiest villain
: Sorceress/malefor

sorceress was killing baby dragons to restore her control of a dying realm
malefor was using 'purple power' to destroy the world

Hardest boss battle: Gaul/arborrc/kaos(SSA)

Gaul was just difficult as he was just fast even with the time slowing.
Arborric gave no clues how to beat him and even with info on how to beat him was still nearly impossible.
kaos just spammed magic spells that were very hard to avoid.

strangest boss: The sorceror/Scorch

The sorceror was a weird humanoid boss who turned into a many-winged purple dragon.
Scorch was a winged thing which spat out many smaller enemies to fight including a lower HP version of Buzz the green toad-thing
---
http://omicronwanderer.deviantart.com
I am an Enviornmental modeler for projectFrixion : http://projectfrixion.deviantart.com
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:13:20 03/12/2012 by SkyWanderer
Storm Dragon Green Sparx Gems: 295
#29 Posted: 00:40:08 03/12/2012
Best: Ripto!

Worst: Gnasty Gnorc (AHT) and Malefor (DotD)
---
Hero of Time~
Check my profile for where to find me~
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#30 Posted: 21:58:47 03/12/2012
My favorite is Kaos.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#31 Posted: 18:46:44 06/12/2012
I'd have to say my favorite was Gnasty Gnorc - the original Gnasty Gnorc. He isn't the most inventive villain, but I have fond memories of the final boss fight.

The worst would have to be Malefor - I was expecting so much more from the character. It's hard to put my feelings into words, but I was disappointed.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me