Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What ever happened to Solo?
Page 1 of 1
What ever happened to Solo? [CLOSED]
spyrobeta Green Sparx Gems: 237
#1 Posted: 21:40:52 03/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Remember back a few years ago, activision had said if Skylanders succeeded they would put him in his own game?

Well... where this this game?

This new game, Giants...

1. Dont even have anything to do with spyro.
2. Dont even include spyro in the name.
3. Dont even include spyro in the pack.

Seriously guys... whats going on? Sure, skylanders is fun, but this is no longer even spyro anymore. Why dont they just make Skylanders its own series, and bring back solo spyro? Keep toys 4 bob working on skylanders, but have a new developer make a solo spyro again. Continue classic or LOS series, either way, we need solo again. Skylanders fans, you need to admit, this is not spyro anymore.
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 23:23:56 03/11/2012
Activision themselves never said that they would make a Spyro game after Skylanders. It was all a fan-based rumor.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#3 Posted: 23:27:19 03/11/2012
Quote: spyrobeta

...Anyone remember how on the announcement of SSA everyone who was against it used the argument:
>Activison just put Spyro's name in the title and him in the game to get more sales.

...Anyone find it ironic that when Giants was announced everyone who was against it used the argument:
>They didn't even put Spyro's name in the title, what arseholes.
#4 Posted: 00:11:29 04/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I heard they did, so it really was a rumor?
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
W0tticK Red Sparx Gems: 25
#5 Posted: 01:56:47 04/11/2012
To me, I feel about the Spyro series the same way I feel about the Crash series, Call of Duty series, and Guitar Hero series. They've had their fifteen minutes of fame. They were fine series, but they weren't fantastic enough to basically stretch them out on a torture device to wring every last cent out of them.

To Activision, and any other developer who milks the hell out of series based on two or three hit titles: Know when to give up, and just let a series die gracefully. Move on to a new series, or better yet, make something fresh and new instead of leeching on the success of a series.
#6 Posted: 02:19:46 04/11/2012

Yes, a fan-made rumor.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#7 Posted: 02:48:28 04/11/2012
Quote: W0tticK
To Activision, and any other developer who milks the hell out of series based on two or three hit titles: Know when to give up, and just let a series die gracefully. Move on to a new series, or better yet, make something fresh and new instead of leeching on the success of a series.

I don't envision them doing that because they have a killer combination of Skylanders (for the kids), Call of Duty (for the teens/adults), and World of Warcraft (for the PC community). So why should they stop if it continues to generate a large amount of sales?
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#8 Posted: 02:59:43 04/11/2012
Quote: Aura24

Yes, a fan-made rumor.

Oh D***, I never thought that was a fan-made rumor...
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#9 Posted: 04:41:25 04/11/2012
Activision never said themselves that they 'would do a real Spyro game after the first Skylanders'..
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#10 Posted: 09:20:53 04/11/2012
Quote: bionicle2809

...Anyone remember how on the announcement of SSA everyone who was against it used the argument:
>Activison just put Spyro's name in the title and him in the game to get more sales.

...Anyone find it ironic that when Giants was announced everyone who was against it used the argument:
>They didn't even put Spyro's name in the title, what arseholes.

I think that Activision just put Spyro's name in their just to get recognition for the first game, it was all down to the accessories that's made it such a big hit I reckon.

Now that the first game has made such a big hit, there's no need for it to be recognised by Spyro at all anymore.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:21:14 04/11/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#11 Posted: 09:26:29 04/11/2012
Activision never said themselves that they 'would do a real Spyro game after the first Skylanders'..

Nobody's saying that from what I see.
I remember someone linked to an interview and it said that they probably would if Skylanders became successful- and I think at this point we can say Skylanders is successful, yet there's no hint of any proper Spyro game coming up.
Correct me if I'm wrong and this never happened but I'm pretty confident it did smilie
Either way it simply sucks there hasn't been a properly Spyro-centric game for four years(and even the last few weren't that amazing).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:26:56 04/11/2012 by Nibelilt
#12 Posted: 09:30:42 04/11/2012
Quote: Nibelilt

I remember someone linked to an interview and it said that they probably would if Skylanders became successful- and I think at this point we can say Skylanders is successful, yet there's no hint of any proper Spyro game coming up.
Correct me if I'm wrong and this never happened but I'm pretty confident it did smilie
Either way it simply sucks there hasn't been a properly Spyro-centric game for four years(and even the last few weren't that amazing).

I'm pretty sure I saw a member from Toys for Bob at a launch interview, and he had stated that they may work on a solo Spyro title if Skylanders is successful enough, but then again, that could have been just rumours going round the company, and that particular person doesn't exactly have the rights to just tell the developers to create a solo game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:30:58 04/11/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#13 Posted: 12:04:36 04/11/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

I'm pretty sure I saw a member from Toys for Bob at a launch interview, and he had stated that they may work on a solo Spyro title if Skylanders is successful enough, but then again, that could have been just rumours going round the company, and that particular person doesn't exactly have the rights to just tell the developers to create a solo game.

I believe it was, because I read the interview.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#14 Posted: 13:11:30 04/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Personally, i still think theres hope.

Obviously Skylanders is not even part of Spyro anymore. Activision dont act like it either. All Activision did, was make Spyro part of the game by including him, then using his name on the first title. Skylanders 2 never was really anything to do with Spyro. So personally, if they wanted more money, they should continue Skylanders AND the spyro franchise.
Im still baffled that such 2 hit gaming icons, Crash and Spyro can get destroyed like this.

Crash got abandoned in 2008, and Spyro in 2008. Skylanders is not really part of Spyro. I REALLY hope this series dont end up like Croc or Ty The Tasmanian Tiger. I hope there just taking a break from them... Sorta like Sly Cooper did.
---
W0tticK Red Sparx Gems: 25
#15 Posted: 13:46:27 04/11/2012
Quote: HIR
Quote: W0tticK

I don't envision them doing that because they have a killer combination of Skylanders (for the kids), Call of Duty (for the teens/adults), and World of Warcraft (for the PC community). So why should they stop if it continues to generate a large amount of sales?

Because they can make new series that are good, making entire new fanbases, and they can proceed to milk those?
#16 Posted: 13:58:35 04/11/2012 | Topic Creator
The issue with Skylanders is, it will NEVER stop because of the collector model its got. Activision gets $10 per figure. Kids all over are collecting them all. Spyro never generated sales like that before, ever. Alot of people want spyro back but while that fat sloth Activision leader is in control, it will never happen. Our only hope is if Toys 4 Bob takes pity on us and decides to do SOMETHING. I wish they would... I hate skylanders. Its like a big insult to original spyro.
---
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#17 Posted: 21:15:53 09/11/2012
The issue with Skylanders is, it will NEVER stop because of the collector model its got. Activision gets $10 per figure. Kids all over are collecting them all. Spyro never generated sales like that before, ever. Alot of people want spyro back but while that fat sloth Activision leader is in control, it will never happen. Our only hope is if Toys 4 Bob takes pity on us and decides to do SOMETHING. I wish they would... I hate skylanders. Its like a big insult to original spyro.

It's not just an insult to Spyro, it's a big insult to the fans >.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#18 Posted: 21:17:51 09/11/2012
You mean an insult to classic Spyro fans who some have been raging nonstop since the LoS?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:18:11 09/11/2012 by Aura24
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#19 Posted: 23:03:33 09/11/2012

THIS. I remember some interview stating it, and people would keep telling others about it when the complained about SSA.
#20 Posted: 10:32:21 10/11/2012
But don't forget the classic fans who are sensible enough just to express their opinion though.
#21 Posted: 12:12:33 10/11/2012
Quote: shorty
You mean an insult to classic Spyro fans who some have been raging nonstop since the LoS?

This.
To be honest, I've really disliked some Classic fans' attitudes ever since Skylanders came out. Yes, I agree that Skylanders is a cash cow and such but is it going to help to whine and complain about how Activision is evil and how there should be a regular Spyro game? No, it's not.
There may not be another Spyro game, but you still have to old ones to play and the memories will live on. I'd rather let Spyro be remembered fondly as opposed to being remembered as how it 'died because Activision workers are all evil and they only wanted to make money; they ruined the franchise'. If you want to remember Spyro that way, then so be it but I would choose otherwise. smilie

this,
winging and making fun of acti makes the fan base look bad.
#22 Posted: 13:58:42 10/11/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
But don't forget the classic fans who are sensible enough just to express their opinion though.

The issue is, you're a minority. There are far more classic fans who were willing to just shout their mouth off about how **** anything but the first 5 games is.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:58:51 10/11/2012 by bionicle2809
#23 Posted: 17:58:14 10/11/2012
Quote: crystalhero37
this,

The raging, older Classic fanbase already made themselves look bad by constantly complaining about what THEY think would make a great Spyro game.
---
#24 Posted: 23:30:19 10/11/2012
I'm perfectly fine with Skylanders games, even if they're not my cup of tea. I thought the first game fairly creative gameplay wise. The second one less so... so I'm actually rooting for Toys for Bob to surprise me the next go around. >.>
---
#25 Posted: 00:50:11 11/11/2012
Quote: crystalhero37
this,

The raging, older Classic fanbase already made themselves look bad by constantly complaining about what THEY think would make a great Spyro game.
once again this, like they could just enjoy their life and ignore it, if hating on something makes them happy.. i have no comment.
and they could just enjoy the old games. but not all are like it, some are mature and don't rage.
#26 Posted: 04:24:33 11/11/2012
^ very good post baro, but I must say I would love a classic spyro game just to see what else happened, if it wasn't good, I would forget about it and just enjoy the good games and they can never be ruined as they are still there.
#27 Posted: 12:05:15 11/11/2012
I'm just curious to see what a Classic Spyro game would look like in PS3 graphics.
#28 Posted: 12:08:24 11/11/2012
It would probably look like R&C on the PS3.
#29 Posted: 12:41:26 11/11/2012
Quote: bionicle2809
It would probably look like R&C on the PS3.

Yeah, it would be interesting to see.
#30 Posted: 18:14:26 11/11/2012
If it were done by Insomniac it would have very stylized cartoon graphics like Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One since Insomniac no longer does 60 frame per second games. >.>
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me