Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Your Top 5 Spyro Games and 5 hated
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Your Top 5 Spyro Games and 5 hated [CLOSED]
spyrobeta Green Sparx Gems: 237
#1 Posted: 00:34:00 05/11/2012 | Topic Creator
What is your Favourite and hated? Put them in order similar to this:

FAVE:
1. Spyro Year Of The Dragon
2. Spyro The Dragon
3. Spyro Riptos Rage
4. Spyro A Heros Tail
5. Spyro A new beginning (This was the only good one of the legend games in my opinion)

HATE:
1. Skylanders
2. Spyro Ripto Quest/Any cellphone spyro tied
3. Spyro Orange
2. Spyro Eternal Night
1. Spyro Shadow Legacy

Sooooooo.... whats yours?
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#2 Posted: 11:30:40 05/11/2012
Favorites
1. Year Of The Dragon
2. The Eternal Night: GBA
3. A Hero's Tail
4. Gateway To Glimmer
5. Spyro The Dragon
Least Favorites
1. Season Of Ice
2. Fusion
3. Adventure
4. A New Beginning: GBA
5. A New Beginning: Mobile
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#3 Posted: 12:14:05 05/11/2012
Favourites:

01. Gateway to Glimmer (Love the atmosphere, love all the music, all the challenges, everything is just so perfect!)
02. Spyro the Dragon (Nice atmosphere, most of the music is decent, there's no challenges, but I can live with that.)
03. A Hero's Tail (The levels are quite interesting, and the music is hardly noticeable, but the gameplay is slightly different, and I find it quite nice, some of the challenges are fun, and some are annoying.)
04. Year of the Dragon (Good atompshere, the music is alright, some of the cutscenes are random, and most of the challenges can be frustrating.)
05. A New Beginning (The only decent one in the LoS series, I do miss some of the qualities from Classic Spyro though, I just can't help but miss them, the atmosphere in some of the levels are cool.)

HATED:

01. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (Pretty obvious.)
02. Giants
03. The Eternal Night (The most frustrating damn game I've ever touched, the combat is worse, the atmosphere is too dark and bland, it's just meh.)
04. Dawn of the Dragon (The game itself begins fine, but they're a bunch of plotholes, I believe that the gameplay becomes too mediocre after the Valley of Avalar, the combat itself can be faulty, it feels rushed.)
05. Enter the Dragonfly (There's many glitches that can effect the gameplay, sometimes in a helpful way, sometimes in an annoying way, at least it still feels like a classic, the atmosphere feels good, the music is hardly recognizable anymore.)
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#4 Posted: 14:52:51 05/11/2012
Fave:

Gateway to Glimmer
Year Of The Dragon
Enter the Dragonfly
Season of Flame

Hate:

Skylanders: Spyro's adventures
Skylanders: Giants
Eternal Night

Not-like-not-hate:

Spyro the Dragon
A Hero's Tail
Season of Ice

Haven't Played:

Any that I haven't listed smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#5 Posted: 15:17:05 05/11/2012
Fave:

Spyro: Gateway to Glimmer
Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro: A Hero's Tail
TLoS: The Eternal Night

Hate (perhaps too strong a word, but anyway):

TLoS: A New Beginning
Spyro: Season of Ice
TLoS: A New Beginning (GBA)
TLoS: Dawn of the Dragon (mob)
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Kurui Ripto Gems: 191
#6 Posted: 19:00:16 05/11/2012
Favourite:

Anything Skylanders

Hate:

Anything not Skylanders

That was easy enough smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:05:15 05/11/2012 by Kurui
OldClassicGamer Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#7 Posted: 23:54:05 05/11/2012
Quote: Kurui
Favourite:

Anything Skylanders

Hate:

Anything not Skylanders

That was easy enough smilie

Your list is a disgrace for every spyro fan. I understand you like skylanders. i dont hate them as well, but you bashed everything thats not skylanders. so you basicly like 2 games only. This is supposed to be top 5 list.

Anyways here is my list:
Favs:
1.Spyro 2 ( best spyro ever. so many good memories with it)
2.Spyro 1 (Game that started franchise. Fun and one of the best platformers out there)
3.Spyro 3 (Awesome game. It added Spyro gameplay on skate. How epic is that? It would be on number 2 but two things i dont like. Why is the game not made in japan? And i hated playing as other characters)
4. Spyro A Hero's Tail (best Spyro game not made by Insomniac)
5. Spyro A New Beginning (best one from legend trilogy)

Hate:
1.Spyro Enternal night (everything that was good in TLoS ANB sucked in this one. Krome studios dissapointed me since i liked their Ty The Tasmanian Games)
2.Spyro Dawn of Dragon DS version ( console version was fine i guess but DS one sucked)
3.Spyro A Shadow Legacy ( terrible way to end classic era with gameplay that sucks)
4. Spyro Orange ( Crash and Spyro in same game sounds like a dream crossover. Instead of making RPG like Namco X Capcom was they made it as a mini collection game. Pathetic)
5. Spyro Enter the Dragonfly ( The Spyro game i hate the least proubably because it was one of the first ps2 games i played. Game had a potential just like Sonic 06 to be the best in series but it faild thanks to rushing the game, bad loading times and glitches. If jak and daxter had no loading screens whatsoever why cant other games do that?)
#8 Posted: 23:57:50 05/11/2012
Well, I don't like Spyro games......so how am I to list them? smilie;; I've played a bit into like 4-5 different ones now with the same results of I don't like it at all. So.......

Aside the one's I have not played, I do not like all the Spyro games, except for Skylander series. I'll keep trying them though. Maybe it gets better. Maybe. Probably not smilie
#9 Posted: 00:07:29 06/11/2012
Well, I don't like Spyro games......so how am I to list them? smilie;; I've played a bit into like 4-5 different ones now with the same results of I don't like it at all. So.......

Aside the one's I have not played, I do not like all the Spyro games, except for Skylander series. I'll keep trying them though. Maybe it gets better. Maybe. Probably not smilie

If you dont like Spyro games you are not a Spyro fan. You are Skylanders fan and on this forum you are only person i know who hate classics. Why did you even joined darkspyro forums?

I think that this forum site would be better and more suitable to you: http://www.skylandersforum.com/

Of course if you want to stay here its ok. nobody can force you to leave
#10 Posted: 00:13:06 06/11/2012
1. I consider Skylanders to be somewhat Spyro since he's in it and this forum shares it.
2. I was just replying to a thread because I'm entitled to give my opinion and post here.
3. It's not a big deal that I'm not a classic Spyro fan. I was just giving my input, again.
4. I joined because when I googled Glumshanks forum, this popped up, so I joined and it's pretty active so.
5. That forum you linked is dead. I'd have no fun there. I'm a social person.
6. I'm staying. I has lots of friends here. <3
#11 Posted: 00:20:36 06/11/2012
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: OldClassicGamer
If you don't like Spyro games , then you are not a Spyro fan. You are a Skylanders fan and on this forum you are only person I know who hates the classics. Why did you even join smilie Forums?

I think that this forum site would be better and more suitable to you: http://www.skylandersforum.com/

Of course if you want to stay here it is ok. Nobody can force you to leave.

Why does it matter if she is a Spyro fan or not? I am pretty sure that there are other people here who don't like the classics. lol
And she probably joined because of Skylanders? This is a Spyro and Skylanders website after all.

That forum is not even as active as this one, so why exactly should she go there? And who are you to tell her what better suits her?

Exactly. And as much as I hate the fact that she wants Skylanders to go on forever (which it won't, btw) she is just as entitled to be here as you, me, or anyone else on this website. Not trying to be mean, but I am just sayin'.

You are right. I cant tell her what to do. It was just a suggestion since on that other forum its only for Skylanders while this is for both. Why be on forum where people talk more about Spyro then Skylanders if she hates Spyro. Makes no sense to me. So i just thought what would be better for her. She doesnt need to agree.
#12 Posted: 00:24:09 06/11/2012
If you don't like Spyro games , then you are not a Spyro fan. You are a Skylanders fan and on this forum you are only person I know who hates the classics. Why did you even join smilie Forums?

Of course if you want to stay here it is ok. Nobody can force you to leave.

Why does it matter if she is a Spyro fan or not? I am pretty sure that there are other people here who don't like the classics. lol
And she probably joined because of Skylanders? This is a Spyro and Skylanders website after all.

That forum is not even as active as this one, so why exactly should she go there? And who are you to tell her what better suits her?

Exactly. And as much as I hate the fact that she wants Skylanders to go on forever (which it won't, btw) she is just as entitled to be here as you, me, or anyone else on this website. Not trying to be mean, but I am just sayin'.

You are right. I cant tell her what to do. It was just a suggestion since on that other forum its only for Skylanders while this is for both. Why be on forum where people talk more about Spyro then Skylanders if she hates Spyro. Makes no sense to me. So i just thought what would be better for her. She doesnt need to agree.

Skylanders are talked about extensively here more than any other forums or site I've seen. o.o >.> And Skylanders sections seems to be more talkative here than normal Spyro is too, to a degree...........
#13 Posted: 00:27:16 06/11/2012
whatever...
#14 Posted: 00:29:24 06/11/2012
whatever...

I sorry. ;0; I don't want to bother people by being here. I should just never post............

*hugs alot*
#15 Posted: 00:36:16 06/11/2012
its ok. no need for apology. i also think i should apologise to you for maybe being to much of a brute
How about we dont argue anymore? (smilie)
#16 Posted: 00:37:55 06/11/2012
Well i wasn't argue, I just thought i bothered you in some way so I was trying to explain. smilie

But back on the topics, I might enjoy the Spyro/Crash duo game because I love Crash, so might try that soon. maybe. Then it might make my "fav" list~.
#17 Posted: 00:44:59 06/11/2012
i love crash as well. You can check out my YouTube channel called OldClassicGamer. I did Crash lets play. I guess we do have things in common. whats your youtube?
#18 Posted: 14:57:23 06/11/2012

Skylanders are talked about extensively here more than any other forums or site I've seen. o.o >.> And Skylanders sections seems to be more talkative here than normal Spyro is too, to a degree...........

Well the Skylanders sections would be since it's just come out, lol.
#19 Posted: 15:12:50 06/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Sorry but why are you here then?

Sure its a skylanders forum too, but um, dont become every spyro fans enemy. Not really a good thing to do. Remember with out Spyro you would not have that crap game.
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
#20 Posted: 16:05:38 06/11/2012 | Topic Creator
No, its your opinion, its just that this person had to say ALL of the spyro games were horrible and only Skylanders was good. Kind of a lame person.
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#21 Posted: 16:32:28 06/11/2012
No,just no.
There's something called opinion guys.
And DarkSpyro is officially for both series.Don't say otherwise because it's the title of the damn site.

I'd go and do my own list,but I'm probably going to get bashed as well for having TEN,SSA and SG at the very top and AHT as the very last(for a very good reason). I though this war was over when Skylanders Giants was announced,but if there's still hate,I'm keeping my opinions to myself and staying at the Skylanders subforum like I should've been doing.There are trolls in every corner,but at least the reasonable people in there don't outright insult you for liking Classic Spyro/LOS.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#22 Posted: 17:03:26 06/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Really it should be called DarkSpyroSkylanders then.

Its called DARK SPYRO.
Last i checked, Skylanders had nothing to do with spyro besides he basically is there as a cameo. Skylanders should not be considered part of spyro.
---
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#23 Posted: 17:10:14 06/11/2012
Quote: spyrobeta

Its called DARK SPYRO.
Last i checked, Skylanders had nothing to do with spyro besides he basically is there as a cameo. Skylanders should not be considered part of spyro.

thissss
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#24 Posted: 17:27:53 06/11/2012
I find it funny how i became friend with Kurui but now you guys keep arguing about 1 comment. Let me grab a popcorn and enjoy this
#25 Posted: 19:36:09 06/11/2012

Its called DARK SPYRO.

I'm sorry,but last time I checked,the title is 'darkSpyro - A Spyro the Dragon And Skylanders Fansite'. Looked it up again,still there.

It's not you,OldClassicGamer,it was actually pretty awesome that you're fine with Kurui. It's Spyrobeta claiming that hating Spyro games would make you an enemy of Spyro fans,then calling Kurui lame. I had enough of this in Youtube and when SSA was first announced...Might've made an account only last year,but I've lurked in here for a long time and saw so much hate when it comes to LOS,Classic and the spinoff.
---
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12920
#26 Posted: 20:26:27 06/11/2012
Favourites:
1. Gateway to Glimmer
2. Year of the Dragon
3. Spyro the Dragon
4. A Hero's Tail
5. Enter the Dragonfly

Hate:
1. LoS: Dawn of the Dragon
2. LoS: A New Beginning
3. LoS: The Eternal Night
4. Spyro: Season of Ice
5. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (I don't actually hate it, I just don't like it as much as the old Spyro games)
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7090
#27 Posted: 20:38:36 06/11/2012

Its called DARK SPYRO.

This site was made before Skylanders, back when it was just a Spyro site. So when Skylanders came around, it was darkspyro. Dark probably saw no need to rename the site since the main subject is still the purple dragon and because "darkspyro" had been the title of this site since 2004. Dark probably thought that Skylanders was still a big part of the Spyro franchise whether Spyro was the main character or not, and so it was still put on this site. Also, no offense, but DarkSpyroSkylanders sounds like a stupid and unnecessary name to me. Now, can this conversation be dropped? This all started because you went nuts because someone didn't like any games besides Skylanders. That's his/her choice. If the person only likes Skylandes, that's fine.

On topic:

Favorites:

1. TEN
2. ANB
3. DOTD
4. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
5. A Hero's Tail

Hate:

1. Fusion
2. Season of Ice
3. Enter The Dragonfly (I didn't like it, but I don't hate it either)

I can't name two others because I liked the rest of them or haven't played them yet.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:17:50 06/11/2012 by wanderist
#28 Posted: 21:51:43 06/11/2012
Um, I'm not lame jsut cause I don't lke spyro. I'm pretty smart and make gameds of my own and general friendly with everyons here (lots of peole take time to talk to me even those that hate what i Like. please eget to know me before you make a judgement like that. smilie

(sorry for typing faiil, BAD sick today with my disability =_=)
#29 Posted: 22:11:01 06/11/2012
Dont listen to haters, expecially haters who dont know you.
#30 Posted: 22:29:11 06/11/2012
it okie i apologise to them on guest book for affending them smilie;;

Im tryig to get the Crash Bandicoot spyro soon maybe. What game sys is it for
#31 Posted: 22:33:13 06/11/2012
There are two game that are crossovers for Game Boy Advance
Crash Bandicoot Purple (Crash Bandicoot game with Spyro in it)
Spyro Orange (Spyro game with Crash in it)
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#32 Posted: 12:03:18 08/11/2012
Oh
My
God
SKYLANDERS ARE NOT SPYRO GAMES
THEY ARE JUST GAMES WITH SPYRO AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER AND MENTIONED SLIGHTLY
BY YOUR OWN LOGIC CRASH NITRO KART IS A SPYRO GAME
I'm sorry I'm in rage mode but it's true.
#33 Posted: 12:26:42 08/11/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
Oh
My
God

You make a good point there.
#34 Posted: 19:51:28 08/11/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
Oh
My
God

Skylanders is a spinoff for me;Spyro has some degree of importance,even if it's not more than the importance of the other playable characters,and despite not being part of the main plot it has elements from both eras.
Spyro in Crash Nitro Kart is a cameo by my logic;but then,opinions.
---
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#35 Posted: 01:34:30 09/11/2012
^ Exact same order as me.

Though if I had to choose least favorites;
1. Spyro: Fusion
2. Spyro: Season of Ice
3. Spyro: Adventure
4. Spyro: Season of Flame
5. LoS: Dawn of the Dragon
---
but i love it all smooth
#36 Posted: 10:32:13 09/11/2012
Quote: shorty

Its called DARK SPYRO.

Quote: Jaggedstar
thissss

http://i.imgur.com/COHMj.jpg
Need I say more?

And I actually think Skylanders is more like the Classics than TLoS will ever be.

Yeah, Skylanders is a little bit more like the Classics, only that it's a blander version of it, and instead of collecting a certain amount of "collectibles" to unlock a portal, you have to buy extra characters to unlock all the areas, which really is just another way for good old Acti to make even more money, there's no point going into it and saying "Oh but they don't cost that much", the cash still adds up in the end.

So from that screenshot of it saying "Spyro and Skylanders forum" it means that they're two completely different things right? Because it never seemed to separate Classic Spyro and LoS in that title before.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#37 Posted: 15:35:18 09/11/2012
Favorites:

Spyro The Dragon
Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage
Spyro 3 Year of the Dragon
Spyro: A Hero's Tail
The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon

Least Favorites (Not hated):

Spyro: Fusion
Spyro: Attack of the Rhynocs
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
Spyro: Shadow Legacy
Spyro: Season of Fire

If you ask me, I don't consider "Skylanders" as a Spyro Game <.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#38 Posted: 10:34:04 10/11/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

http://i.imgur.com/COHMj.jpg
Need I say more?

And I actually think Skylanders is more like the Classics than TLoS will ever be.

Yeah, Skylanders is a little bit more like the Classics, only that it's a blander version of it, and instead of collecting a certain amount of "collectibles" to unlock a portal, you have to buy extra characters to unlock all the areas, which really is just another way for good old Acti to make even more money, there's no point going into it and saying "Oh but they don't cost that much", the cash still adds up in the end.

So from that screenshot of it saying "Spyro and Skylanders forum" it means that they're two completely different things right? Because it never seemed to separate Classic Spyro and LoS in that title before.

Yes, I do know the differences between Classic Spyro and Skylanders; I've played both series before. I know there are a lot of them, but when comparing TLoS and Skylanders to see which is closer to the Classics, I'd say that Skylanders wins.
I would consider them to be separate series, though TLoS and the Classics were always considered to be 'separate series' by the fans so it makes little difference in that aspect. BUT the reason I posted that sceenshot was because people were saying this was a Spyro fansite and not a Spyro and Skylanders fansite.

It used to be a Spyro fansite, but not anymore basically. It's more of a mixture which is a bit strange.
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#39 Posted: 03:06:08 11/11/2012
Favorites:
-Spyro the Dragon
-Ripto's Rage!
-Year of the Dragon
-Season of Flame
-A Hero's Tail (my sister would kill me if I didn't have the list, lol; it's her favorite Spyro game of all time, so...)

Least Favorites:
-Dawn of the Dragon (though I actually did enjoy the DS version much more than the console version(s) )
-The Eternal Night

... Uh. xD; I think those are the only ones I personally disliked. TEN was very challenging. Dawn of the Dragon was very cliche with Gary and Mary battling The Joker while Sirius Black watched from the celestial heavens above, lol.

I liked Shadow Legacy but I have never played Orange. Heard it's terrible, though. o.o; I had Attack of the Rhynocs and that was fantastic, but now I've no idea where it is. A New Beginning... another to add to the favorite list. :)
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:07:30 11/11/2012 by Radiance
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me