Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done.
First | Previous | Page 21 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 36 37 38
Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done. [CLOSED]
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#1001 Posted: 13:09:44 04/11/2012
Just sell it to GameStop, they'll give you $2 for the whole thing.
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1002 Posted: 16:32:32 04/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Gamestop better go somewhere with their bullcrap trade-in prices. I will laugh them straight to the bank.

In anycase, I updated the first post again, now with Gnarly Tree Rex's.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#1003 Posted: 17:13:28 04/11/2012
I normally understand where you're coming from in terms of collecting, but why three Wii bundles? One to open I'm sure, and one to leave in the box, but what's the third for?
#1004 Posted: 17:27:40 04/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I open 2 of every figure to level down each path, and 1 to keep sealed. Thankfully, I have someone buying one of the Wii's, plus game, portal, Jet, and Cynder for 100, making one Gnarly 62 bucks. I am trying to find a way to sell the second opened Wii, with game portal, and Series 2 Cynder (gave Jet to my kids and kept Gnarly) for 90. Don't how I will manage that, but I'm sure something will happen.

Hopefully, in the end, I will have spent 162 + 62 + 72 for 3 Gnarly Tree Rex's. Far cheaper than I saw just ONE sell for on Ebay.
---
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#1005 Posted: 17:41:01 04/11/2012
smilie In all seriousness,
Does your home owner insurance cover your collection?
Have you reported everything?

It reminds me of folks that do things to their cars, but don't report it, get into an accident and loose all that money on their mods.
-M
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#1006 Posted: 20:14:38 04/11/2012
Actually, that's a point as your insurance won't cover you for the cost of the Gnarly's as it will treat them as $10 figs. They won't care that it only comes in a bundle when you don't have the bundle anymore. This also makes one of your reasons for getting rid of the S1 variants somewhat moot.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
snjsmom Red Sparx Gems: 60
#1007 Posted: 21:54:58 04/11/2012
That is an awesome collection. I drool over your VVaults. They sold out pretty quick near me and I've not found one since. i can't afford to be paying $50 bucks on evilbay for it (sad I know). Seriously though Fantastical collection!
---
MyLanders: 32/32 Leg.4/4 WERDS B.Bash
MyGiLanders: All CDN Released incl. Leg. GSECanon
Want Flockedsmilie,Stonesmilie&smilie, Granitesmilie,VVault,SKs
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#1008 Posted: 22:37:07 04/11/2012
Would you happen to let one of those Vaults go?
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#1009 Posted: 23:07:59 04/11/2012
Dang, epic! You have so much stuff! Now i'm inspired to buy that wii bundle cause Gnarly looks so cool! Although my family already owns a wii that one could be for me? Hmm i'll have to decide.
#1010 Posted: 00:27:01 05/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: neomas77
smilie In all seriousness,
Does your home owner insurance cover your collection?
Have you reported everything?

It reminds me of folks that do things to their cars, but don't report it, get into an accident and loose all that money on their mods.
-M

Well, I go through a well known insurance company. While they won't cover something I bought on Ebay for 200 bucks, when it only costed 10, they cover anything for the cost of the actual product. In essence, I am good to go if something bad happens, minus the variants, which I would only get 10 dollars each for. All they ask for, for proof of what I have, is pics. No receipts. I have a private place where I store pics of each and everything I own.

Quote: chaosworrier
Actually, that's a point as your insurance won't cover you for the cost of the Gnarly's as it will treat them as $10 figs. They won't care that it only comes in a bundle when you don't have the bundle anymore. This also makes one of your reasons for getting rid of the S1 variants somewhat moot.

An extension of above. I took a pic of those 3 Wii's, so they will cover the costs of at least 1 of those Wii's, since it's complete. As of right now, or until I sell the second Wii, that is still a complete set, so they would cover 2 of the bundles.

Quote: terrafan
Would you happen to let one of those Vaults go?

I have someone who may want 1 of them. I would sell 3 of them, so that means in holding her one, I would sell 2 of them. I ask for 30 bucks for each, plus 4-5 (I'd have to check) for shipping. That would be fair in my eyes, seeing as they're going for 45+ on Evilbay and they will probably just go higher. I mean, with income tax coming up, plus a good chance to sell a movie soon, I don't really have to sell them. I would just be selling them because people want them.

Would you believe my local Best Buy still has one copy of the first game on PS3, with a Volcanic Vault inside? So odd to see it not selling.
---
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#1011 Posted: 01:43:36 05/11/2012
"I ask for 30 bucks for each, plus 4-5 (I'd have to check) for shipping. That would be fair in my eyes, seeing as they're going for 45+ on Evilbay and they will probably just go higher. I mean, with income tax coming up, plus a good chance to sell a movie soon, I don't really have to sell them. I would just be selling them because people want them."

what a joke.

seriously, you ripped off stores to get them for free in the first place.

now you are just scalping them and pretending to be doing people a favour.
slurpeepoop Green Sparx Gems: 116
#1012 Posted: 02:09:30 05/11/2012
t7gga just said it all right there. He beat me to it.
#1013 Posted: 02:12:01 05/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I knew that would happen. As I was typing that, I thought to myself, "watch someone throw out some bi-polar assumption when they don't have any facts."

Look, some people here need to seriously grow up. Everything isn't some conspiracy theory, but I seriously see a handful of people here either spam or go after people with baseless assumptions, in an attempt to get arguments started. It's tired, well to those who have a life outside of finding reasons to start crap. smilie

But, to make those who assume, look like an ***, the ones I got for free I gave away for free. You know, the ones I kept when Best Buy told me they would just throw them in the trash? Yeah, those ones.

These are the ones I got for spending 25 bucks on Skylanders (before tax), so... yeah. Infact, one of the three I would be selling, comes from one of my open Starter Packs. So, jokes on those who opened their traps before putting some effort into blowing smoke out of their ***. smilie

I would appreciate it if people wouldn't junk up my topic with useless assumptions. Call Mulder and Scully and ask them to investigate, because anyone who assumes about me lives a boring life. Otherwise, grow up and post mature comments, please. Thank you. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:14:03 05/11/2012 by GameMaster78
#1014 Posted: 03:09:30 05/11/2012
These are the ones I got for spending 25 bucks on Skylanders (before tax), so... yeah.

Not "spamming", simply curious on how you rationalise this. Did you not get $25 of Skylanders for that $25, thus still making the VV's from those transactions still free? Thanks in advance for clarifying this point.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#1015 Posted: 03:23:05 05/11/2012
good god, this moron is still doing this?

Kids, find a much better role model than an unwed father of 2.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#1016 Posted: 05:09:12 05/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: chaosworrier
These are the ones I got for spending 25 bucks on Skylanders (before tax), so... yeah.

Not "spamming", simply curious on how you rationalise this. Did you not get $25 of Skylanders for that $25, thus still making the VV's from those transactions still free? Thanks in advance for clarifying this point.

The lowest amount I could spend on Skylanders at that time, to take advantage of the offer, would have been 26.97.

Back on topic, I took the time to re-position the LC Drobot and Eruptor cards someone said were in the wrong spots. I added Gnarly's card to the wall, and I decided that the 8 variants that show up ingame, will go above the Giant cards, on the card part of my wall.

I gave my plush Spyro to my daughters to share, and that extra spot, until I get an actual shelf built after ALL toys release for Giants, will go to Granite Crusher, Gnarly Tree Rex, and Punch Pop Fizz. I need to take a new pic of the cards on the wall to reflect the change, but I have no idea where to staple the cannon cards on the Giants wall.
---
Forlork Green Sparx Gems: 395
#1017 Posted: 06:10:32 05/11/2012
22, single, poor college kid. Adopt me?

What I would do to get my hands on those Crystal Clear Whamshell and Stealth Elf. Heck, even that glorious GITD Warnado. I only have the basic figure set. I couldnt even afford Gnarly Tree Rex, Volcanic Vault, or Dark Spyro. And you have like 4 each. -applauds-

How do you afford this all? (if I may ask)
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#1018 Posted: 11:02:26 05/11/2012
i see this collection is still growing keep it up bud!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1019 Posted: 13:43:19 05/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Forlork
22, single, poor college kid. Adopt me?

What I would do to get my hands on those Crystal Clear Whamshell and Stealth Elf. Heck, even that glorious GITD Warnado. I only have the basic figure set. I couldnt even afford Gnarly Tree Rex, Volcanic Vault, or Dark Spyro. And you have like 4 each. -applauds-

How do you afford this all? (if I may ask)

It's a combination of things. Save well, is one of them. I live in a house my mother owns, so she doesn't charge me rent. That, however, will probably change by the end of this year, as I seriously plan on having a movie sold by then.

Let me say this, though. As a "22, single, poor college kid," you are working for your future - I hope. The financial hardships of going through college mostly pays off for those who finish. You're going for a reason. Keep it up and you should be making serious bank one day.

Quote: Gaiaknight
i see this collection is still growing keep it up bud!

Thanks, Gaia.
---
FFM1994 Blue Sparx Gems: 772
#1020 Posted: 18:22:26 05/11/2012
I hate Skylanders. Why can't they just make every character available to everyone?? I literally JUST bought a used Wii for 75 dollars and was planning to buy the starter pack at Walmart to get the glow-in-the-dark Cynder. But then I won't be able to get Gnarly Tree Rex which I COULD have gotten with my Wii which would have been NEW. I HATE THIS. Holy cow why does life hate meeeee AHHH!!!!
---
List of all figures & much much more: http://skylandersspyrosadventu...ll-figures.html
3DS Friend Code: 1977-0335-5200
#1021 Posted: 18:48:39 05/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, I have to give a huge shoutout to Wes from Mediapulp (ie Wideawakewesley). He was kind enough to hook me up with a GITD Fright Rider, which arrived today. It now hangs below my Battle Packs on my Giants wall.

In return I will be hooking him up down the line. It's always nice when people help each other out. Thanks again, Wes.

I did register him with my game, since he actually shows up as "special" ingame. Through all registered objects from Skylanders, my game total sits at 97, with 76 being actual Skylanders.
---
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#1022 Posted: 18:52:35 05/11/2012
GM - if you speak to your insurance agent, you can get an insurance "rider" that will cover your collection. Most people have a rider clause added to their homeowners policy for their wife's jewelry (specifically, their engagement ring). Here is a link to an article that will get you started in the right direction ... http://collectibles.about.com/...sinsurance.htm.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#1023 Posted: 19:13:19 05/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Awesome. Thanks for the info, Hime. I have renters insurance, however. Do you know if the "rider" clause would work for renters insurance? If so, I will get in contact with my insurance agency and talk to them.
---
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#1024 Posted: 19:28:44 05/11/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Awesome. Thanks for the info, Hime. I have renters insurance, however. Do you know if the "rider" clause would work for renters insurance? If so, I will get in contact with my insurance agency and talk to them.

I believe you could attach it to any policy like that, GM. It costs more per insured unit than a typical homeowners or renters policy, but it's still relatively cheap if you are insuring something worth thousands of dollars.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#1025 Posted: 22:09:22 05/11/2012
GM,

Its been a while since I've been in this thread, your seriously considering selling some of your collection?
I have a "rider's clause" on my renters insurance to cover some older comics and GI Joe/Transformers figures. It does not cost an unreasonable amount to maintain although it did involve finding an appraisor to estimate a value. I get it reappraised every couple of years. Talk to your specific insurer about what they need and evidence of value they will accept but the more evidence you have of a specific value te destroyed property is worth the less likely they will simply pigeon hole you at cost value for all items.
#1026 Posted: 22:47:26 05/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, I took down the auction yesterday or the day before. I decided to hold onto them a little while longer, or maybe permanently. While I am not in the mood to buy the rock Zook and Whirlwind, Wes did send me a GITD Fright Rider. So, maybe I will go after the variants that are somewhat reasonable to find.

I will check with my company and get more info about this rider's clause.
---
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#1027 Posted: 23:32:43 05/11/2012
Regarding an appraisal: I've never been through this but I'd imagine that's something you have to pay for? It might be worth it to see if instead of having an appraiser come in, you might be able to give them the fair market value from like, eBay or ToyWiz.com? Dunno if that's working looking into for you or not.
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
#1028 Posted: 23:37:20 05/11/2012
Quote: Kesrael
Regarding an appraisal: I've never been through this but I'd imagine that's something you have to pay for? It might be worth it to see if instead of having an appraiser come in, you might be able to give them the fair market value from like, eBay or ToyWiz.com? Dunno if that's working looking into for you or not.

Unfortunately, generally not, no. Even if you buy jewellery from a store and have that receipt it is not accepted and they expect an appraisal. The receipt only says what you paid for it, not what it is worth. In these cases, I always get the appraisal thrown in with the sale - but that does not help GM78 in this instance.

I reckon the small price to pay for the appraisal, etc is peanuts compared to peace of mind.
---
Soylent Green is People!
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#1029 Posted: 23:47:59 05/11/2012
Quote: Kesrael

Different insurers are going to have different expectations on proof of value. Ebay is a tricky method of assessing worth because the same item in apparently the same condition can fluctuate greatly in price value over a short amount of time. An appraisor will assess specific condition of the item in addition to value making their say valuable to the total actual worth of your specific item. An appraisor acts as a third party neither supporting you or the insurance compnay leaving less arguement of actual item worth. The specific one I have dealt with for the last ten years has not charged me because I normally do sell him something when he makes an appearance.
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#1030 Posted: 03:49:16 06/11/2012
Well, I have to give a huge shoutout to Wes from Mediapulp (ie Wideawakewesley). He was kind enough to hook me up with a GITD Fright Rider, which arrived today. It now hangs below my Battle Packs on my Giants wall.

In return I will be hooking him up down the line. It's always nice when people help each other out. Thanks again, Wes.

I did register him with my game, since he actually shows up as "special" ingame. Through all registered objects from Skylanders, my game total sits at 97, with 76 being actual Skylanders.

woah, could you describe it or add a screenshot? and is he just called fright rider or does he have an in-game name too?
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
#1031 Posted: 04:08:19 06/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I will take a pic, hold up. He shows up ingame as Special Fright Rider, just like GITD Cynder from Walmart shows up as Special Cynder. GITD Fright Rider is currently European and Australian exclusive.

EDIT: Here is my GITD Fright Rider hanging on the wall. Thanks again, Wes.

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:15:17 06/11/2012 by GameMaster78
#1032 Posted: 04:18:23 06/11/2012
I thought you were never going to get items with the foreign packaging/top thingie? And, yes, "top thingie" is a technical term, thank you very much...
---
Soylent Green is People!
#1033 Posted: 04:56:03 06/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, in this case, I had to make an exception.
---
RAakaFerrari Green Sparx Gems: 185
#1034 Posted: 05:35:54 06/11/2012
Is there any way, GameMaster, that you'd be willin to purchase a Fright Rider for an American?
---
In need of Clear/Rock Variants/GITD Fright Rider.
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#1035 Posted: 20:40:23 06/11/2012
Wow, been out of power since last Monday! Eight days now... Hurricane Sandy. At the library. Anyway, awesome collection. Toys "R" Us has the Gnarly bundle on their website. I want to purchase one, but the shipping is around $16 bucks. Not interested...
#1036 Posted: 04:07:21 07/11/2012
I will take a pic, hold up. He shows up ingame as Special Fright Rider, just like GITD Cynder from Walmart shows up as Special Cynder. GITD Fright Rider is currently European and Australian exclusive.

EDIT: Here is my GITD Fright Rider hanging on the wall. Thanks again, Wes.

that's pretty cool, i have a gitd cynder, "is there anyway you'd purchase a gitd fright rider for a 'merican?"
---
#1037 Posted: 14:25:56 07/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I live in America. I had a friend pick me up one, as he lives in Europe. Even then, we are in the midst of a trade. I am nabbing him a set of the new Sidekicks when they come out.
---
alynore Red Sparx Gems: 64
#1038 Posted: 14:33:30 07/11/2012
you miss the megabloks skylanders
#1039 Posted: 01:49:37 08/11/2012
^ i dont think anyone wants those...
---
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#1040 Posted: 11:36:45 09/11/2012
hey could you post some pics on how the new skylanders fit in the sort masters? i cant fit my slam bam in anywhere unless i take a divider out.
#1041 Posted: 20:52:17 09/11/2012 | Topic Creator
As you can see from the pics, some of the tabs had to be removed in order to fit characters in spots, but each still occupy a spot.

Top case -

[User Posted Image]

Middle case -

[User Posted Image]

Bottom case -

[User Posted Image]
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1042 Posted: 02:13:27 10/11/2012
Whats with the eruptor on the volcanic vault box?
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#1043 Posted: 03:18:02 10/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Friends at Best Buy gave me the box. The Eruptor stylus is one that I opened, because I had thought about opening all six of the currently released stylus, but I changed my mind.
---
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#1044 Posted: 12:10:12 10/11/2012
awesome pics GM. how much bending is done to S2 whirlwinds wings?
and in your sig you say theres a total of 127. how do you figure? 99 plus the 25 varients is only 124.
what are the other 3?
even if you count Target Whirl and Walmart Drill your number is still off by 1
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:01:40 16/11/2012 by Hazard335
jet-vac6000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#1045 Posted: 19:43:27 16/11/2012
We got a serious badass over here!
---
Eggs
#1046 Posted: 21:25:40 16/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Hazard335
awesome pics GM. how much bending is done to S2 whirlwinds wings?
and in your sig you say theres a total of 127. how do you figure? 99 plus the 25 varients is only 124.
what are the other 3?
even if you count Target Whirl and Walmart Drill your number is still off by 1

It doesn't count variants at all, well not the 20 original variants.

That was based on what would show up as special ingame, plus anything else that actually registers. It might be higher, but check this out.

Right now, my game says I have registered 99 Skylanders and objects.

It counts Magical Items toward your totals: 10
It counts Sidekicks toward your totals: 8
It counts Adventure Toys: 4
Series 1: 37
Series 2: 24
Giants: 8
New Skylanders: 8
Lightcores: 8
Ingame variants: 8
Legendaries: 10
GITD Cynder (Special)
GITD Fright Rider (Special)

That makes 127. However, now we know about the Platinum Treasure Chest magical item, GITD Sonic Boom, I forgot to add Gold Flameslinger, which registers as special (got mine today), so that's another 3 to add, making for a total of 130 registerable objects in the home console games. Oh, and it does include "Rock Zook" as a "Special" so that's 131, meaning I may at least go after that one, since it registers ingame. I am not sure about Green Gill Grunt, but since he's on a green base, I don't bank on him showing up as "Special."
---
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#1047 Posted: 23:56:43 16/11/2012
Actually, the Scorpian Striker magic item is going to come out, so that's 132.

(+Original 18 Variants(or +20 if you count the Two Original Exclusives as Variants))
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#1048 Posted: 04:04:12 17/11/2012
Green Gill Grunt won't be special. There is a 99% chance of this happening.

The coding hasn't been discovered, the guide doesn't mention it, and yeah, he does have a green base.

Hack, I would actually expect him to not even get S2 buffs.
Eruptor777 Green Sparx Gems: 132
#1049 Posted: 13:11:21 17/11/2012
Me jelly...
---
MAH FAVORITE SKYLANDERS!
smilie Eruptor smilie Terrafin smilie Boomer smilie Wham Shell smilie Hot Dog, and smilie Hot Head!
#1050 Posted: 15:19:37 17/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Skybagel
Actually, the Scorpian Striker magic item is going to come out, so that's 132.

(+Original 18 Variants(or +20 if you count the Two Original Exclusives as Variants))

Those original 20 variants don't show up as special, only GITD Fright, Cynder, Bronze Flameslinger, and from what I understand Rock Zook.

Quote: Nibelilt
Green Gill Grunt won't be special. There is a 99% chance of this happening.

The coding hasn't been discovered, the guide doesn't mention it, and yeah, he does have a green base.

Hack, I would actually expect him to not even get S2 buffs.

Exactly. I think I can safely pass on this one without losing any sleep.
---
First | Previous | Page 21 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 36 37 38

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me