Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Future of Spyro [CLOSED]
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#101 Posted: 19:31:34 01/11/2012
Now we will ruin their childhoods just like they did you guys!
---
cry baby, I am
Kurui Ripto Gems: 191
#102 Posted: 20:15:27 01/11/2012
Wait, screw what i just said. I'm making an entire spinoff series/game(s) of Skylanders focusing on Glumshanks and Kaos. Sort of like the Misadventures of Tron spinoff from Megaman Legends.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#103 Posted: 20:29:55 01/11/2012
Quote: Kurui
Wait, screw what i just said. I'm making an entire spinoff series/game(s) of Skylanders focusing on Glumshanks and Kaos. Sort of like the Misadventures of Tron spinoff from Megaman Legends.

Link me when you're done, I'd love to see it smilie
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#104 Posted: 21:16:40 01/11/2012
Quote: WUMBOSIMPSON
I will become a game designer and make you all a new Spyro once Skylanders dies.

At least I can try.

...No. You won't do that... You really wont.
#105 Posted: 03:18:23 02/11/2012
Are you questioning my future? 0_o

Or do you know it?!
---
cry baby, I am
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#106 Posted: 10:29:59 02/11/2012
I will become a game designer and make you all a new Spyro once Skylanders dies.

At least I can try.

I think it'd be pretty much impossible just for one person to create a game.
It's not all about visuals, and shiny graphics, there's a lot of coding involved which I can imagine to be rather boring.
I suppose a developer needs a team, where one set of people can be doing something, and the other set can be working on something else, just to make the process a little faster. I don't really know how it works, but if you really want to become a game designer, you'd need to find a course that can teach you how to code.

But even if you wanted to just develop a classic Spyro game, you'd need to be with a developer that's assigned to this title, and it depends if Activision wants to go in that direction. You'd also have to be interested in developing any type of video game in general.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:31:15 02/11/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#107 Posted: 06:46:57 03/11/2012
Well of course not by myself! smilie I will hunt down whoever this Insanmiac or whatever studios and MAKE SCHPYRO
---
cry baby, I am
#108 Posted: 10:41:12 03/11/2012
Well of course not by myself! smilie I will hunt down whoever this Insanmiac or whatever studios and MAKE SCHPYRO

Okay, good luck with that one.
OldClassicGamer Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#109 Posted: 19:00:31 03/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
OH OH OH! I GOTS A QUESTION!
(And I need an answer from an only classic fan) would you prefer: A.) Skylanders. OR B.) M15+ mature spyro game they were going to make.

Please answer its for my research smilie

M15 can mean many things.
Game can get M15 even if it only has blood. Cursing and sexual content also make game M15
I would personally like Spyro game with blood but not with cursing and sexual content.
A spyro game that plays like classics plus blood would be alot better then skylanders
#110 Posted: 20:07:48 03/11/2012
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Wait, they were going to make an M15 (what is that anyways?) Spyro game? (is confused)

M15 (mature 15) is the rating in Australia for mature games - well, it was until they introduced the M18 rating. It's basically the equivalent to an ESRB M and a PEGI 16 rating.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#111 Posted: 20:09:31 03/11/2012
From what I understand there's two incidents of a potentially dark/edgy Spyro game. Dawn of the Dragon was originally supposed to be significantly darker in tones and themes and was potentially going to have blood and wind up with a T rating (the game was even originally called The Legend of Spyro: The Darkest Hour, I believe) but this was scrapped due to time constraints and Sierra being bought out by Activision. Then I'm pretty sure Activision was working on a darker/mature Spyro game before it got canned in favor of Skylanders. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
spyrobeta Green Sparx Gems: 237
#112 Posted: 21:46:05 03/11/2012
i just hope skylanders is a trilogy. smilie

I want spyro to come back. This is not spyro anymore.
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
#113 Posted: 21:53:16 03/11/2012
*Sorry Double Post*

Dude please... Spyro was not published by sony, it was published by Universal, and owned by them, which then merged into Vivendi then Activision. Thats how activision originally obtained spyro and turned it into a monster cash cow. Sony never had anything to do with spyro, it just so happened it was released only on there system.

But i think they need to do SOMETHING for the ORIGINAL spyro for the 15th birthday. Seriously. The 10th aniversary was a legend of spyro game, that got mixed reviews and sold poor.
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
#114 Posted: 22:55:40 03/11/2012
Quote: spyrobeta
*Sorry Double Post*

Dude please... Spyro was not published by sony, it was published by Universal, and owned by them, which then merged into Vivendi then Activision. Thats how activision originally obtained spyro and turned it into a monster cash cow. Sony never had anything to do with spyro, it just so happened it was released only on there system.

The first 3 games were distributed by Universal, published by Sony. When Insomniac stopped developing, Universal/Vivendi did the whole publishing job.
#115 Posted: 02:54:24 04/11/2012
Quote: bionicle2809
*Sorry Double Post*

The first 3 games were distributed by Universal, published by Sony. When Insomniac stopped developing, Universal/Vivendi did the whole publishing job.

Exactly, and as I said before, the original Spyro games are still up on Insomniac's website with old trailers and screenshots. >.>
---
#116 Posted: 13:27:00 04/11/2012
Personally, i want a NEW classic game rather then an HD remake. I want to find out what the gang has been up to.
---
#117 Posted: 13:31:38 04/11/2012 | Topic Creator
New Classic Game is good idea
#118 Posted: 15:48:35 04/11/2012
Personally, i want a NEW classic game rather then an HD remake. I want to find out what the gang has been up to.

I don't see what's with this obsession with new games in the classic style, It's not like there were 7 games in the classic style after the original trilogy. What would you expect from a new 'classic' game?

Insomniac won't develop it, so it won't be like the first 3.

Activision won't push a video game unless it could make them a potential **** load of money, so it will hardly be advertised unless it has a USP like Skylanders.

The franchise itself lost loads of respect from the media over the course of the last decade; Skylanders was the first 'Spyro-ish' game since YOTD to actually get a positive outcome from the media.

Personally, I don't want to see a classic Spyro game again. Not that I don't like them, it's just that the best a 'classic' Spyro game will ever be already exists. Realistically, the style is outdated and if anyone tries to change the style then it get's ridiculed for being too different (TLoS) and if they don't change it enough then it get ridiculed for being too boring (ETD and AHT).

The classic fans who didn't want TLoS kind of bought Skylanders upon themselves - Activision were never going to return to the original style, because AHT and SL did so poorly under Sierra they weren't going to risk that again. But the fans wanted different, and you got different.
#119 Posted: 16:22:39 04/11/2012
^ *Facepalm* ^

Some of that i agree with, but heros tail sold well actually.
---
#120 Posted: 17:47:19 04/11/2012
No, AHT and SL didn't sell well at all. That doesn't mean they were bad games (I enjoyed them) but they didn't sell well - it's why they decided to move onto TLoS instead of continuing from SL.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#121 Posted: 21:04:02 04/11/2012
i just hope skylanders is a trilogy. smilie

Don't count on it. Activision is making a profit off of Skylanders. They will milk it as long as it sells.

And judging by the kind of people in the Skylanders section, it will sell for years to come.
gerima Green Sparx Gems: 294
#122 Posted: 23:50:35 04/11/2012
oldclassicgamer! You bought the 3ds Spyro's Adventure starter pack didn't you! IT"S SO FUN!
---
GIANTS ON THE 3DS RULE!
Double Gremlin Tagteam: Pop Fizz and Trigger Happy! smilie
Fly Spyro Fly Green Sparx Gems: 446
#123 Posted: 02:26:02 05/11/2012
Quote: OldClassicGamer
Quote: bionicle2809
Spyro is dead.

How so? He is playable in Giants and i dont think that there is a storyline at the end of game which Spyro gets killed.

i think he meant that its the skylanders era now
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#124 Posted: 06:47:21 06/11/2012
Well, the current state of Spyro... http://www.nerdragecomic.com/index.php?date=2012-11-02
#125 Posted: 08:28:03 06/11/2012 | Topic Creator
i miss crash bandicoot soo much
#126 Posted: 19:25:02 06/11/2012
I'm at least thankful that Toys for Bob chose to use Spyro as the building point for Skylanders. >.>
---
#127 Posted: 21:58:10 06/11/2012
I guess so. It would suck if it were something like Crash.
---
cry baby, I am
#128 Posted: 22:21:11 06/11/2012 | Topic Creator

How like Crash? Crash didnt had new game on consoles since 2008 (2010 iphone game is not counting)
And as far as i know there are no bad Crash games exept for Boom Bang and Crash Purple
#129 Posted: 09:50:42 07/11/2012

How like Crash? Crash didnt had new game on consoles since 2008 (2010 iphone game is not counting)
And as far as i know there are no bad Crash games exept for Boom Bang and Crash Purple

I don't like Crash Bandicoot very much, I've tried to get into it in my childhood, and I just thought the whole concept of it was frustrating compared to Spyro at the time. Recently, a few months back, I tried it again, I just don't like it, lol. I find it strange how some people say that Crash is similar to Spyro, but I don't think it is, I think Crash is more similar to Croc.
#130 Posted: 10:52:28 07/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Agree. Crash and Spyro gameplay is not similar. People compare them because of similar way of making games and sharing same fate to be stuck with Acti
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#131 Posted: 11:02:46 07/11/2012
Yeah, that is always a bone of contention with me. Crash is so based on 2D Sonic that he was called Sonic's Ass in development, while Spyro seems more based on mechanics put in place by Super Mario 64.

Speaking of fates though, Skylanders is probably the only thing keeping Spyro alive now. If it weren't for that, he probably would have the same fate as Crash.
---
Eh.
#132 Posted: 11:20:27 07/11/2012
Quote: Burning Gnorc
Yeah, that is always a bone of contention with me. Crash is so based on 2D Sonic that he was called Sonic's Ass in development, while Spyro seems more based on mechanics put in place by Super Mario 64.

Speaking of fates though, Skylanders is probably the only thing keeping Spyro alive now. If it weren't for that, he probably would have the same fate as Crash.

Which hardly makes any sense to me, because it seems like many people want a brand new classic Spyro game to play.
#133 Posted: 13:49:52 07/11/2012 | Topic Creator

Are you kidding me? Crash and Sonic have no similarities in anything exept both being antrophomorphic animals.
#134 Posted: 14:22:29 07/11/2012

Are you kidding me? Crash and Sonic have no similarities in anything exept both being antrophomorphic animals.

I'm pretty sure in an interview on YouTube that Insomniac Games has stated that Spyro was inspired by Super Mario 64. Or I must have read that in an article somewhere. Not sure about the 2D Sonic thing though, it's most likely to be true though.

Also, here's a tip, you may need to do a bit of research before jumping the gun.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:22:54 07/11/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#135 Posted: 15:01:24 07/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

I'm pretty sure in an interview on YouTube that Insomniac Games has stated that Spyro was inspired by Super Mario 64. Or I must have read that in an article somewhere. Not sure about the 2D Sonic thing though, it's most likely to be true though.

Also, here's a tip, you may need to do a bit of research before jumping the gun.

I know Spyro was inspired by Mario 64 but Crash is nothing like 2D Sonic
#136 Posted: 12:29:00 08/11/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

I know Spyro was inspired by Mario 64 but Crash is nothing like 2D Sonic

I haven't played 2D Sonic, so I wouldn't know, I bet sonicbrawler182 would though, it seems like he loves Sonic. smilie
mr coolguy98 Red Sparx Gems: 73
#137 Posted: 20:06:02 25/11/2012
Man, why did they change him. I don't have anything against Skylanders, but why did Activision feel like destroying people's childhood? Spyro was one of my favorite video games as a kid, and they ruined him. Why don't they just turn that weird dragon from Skylanders (I don't even feel like calling him...you know) green or red and change its name. Then they can continue with what Spyro is supposed to be, which is a platformer focusing on dragons. But I bet that if that happens a bunch of people are gonna say "OMG, people are blinded by nostalgia and can't stop whining!". I can't think of this happening to any other video game, which is unfair to me because Spyro was my favorite out of the Playstation platformers. Was there any other video game is history that was destroyed like this? Where they got rid of the story, gameplay, designs and everything that the game was known for? The only one I can think of is Rayman, but that was always by the same company and they brought it back recently. And the worst part of all this is that the newer version of Spyro got way more popular than the originals. If this new stuff was just underground I woudn't feel as bad. This is making me depressed, at least some of my other favorite games are still around...
---
Favorite Playstation games:
Spyro, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Guitar Hero, GTA
#138 Posted: 20:33:54 25/11/2012
Quote: mr coolguy98
Man, why did they change him. I don't have anything against Skylanders, but why did Activision feel like destroying people's childhood? Spyro was one of my favorite video games as a kid, and they ruined him. Why don't they just turn that weird dragon from Skylanders (I don't even feel like calling him...you know) green or red and change its name. Then they can continue with what Spyro is supposed to be, which is a platformer focusing on dragons. But I bet that if that happens a bunch of people are gonna say "OMG, people are blinded by nostalgia and can't stop whining!". I can't think of this happening to any other video game, which is unfair to me because Spyro was my favorite out of the Playstation platformers. Was there any other video game is history that was destroyed like this? Where they got rid of the story, gameplay, designs and everything that the game was known for? The only one I can think of is Rayman, but that was always by the same company and they brought it back recently. And the worst part of all this is that the newer version of Spyro got way more popular than the originals. If this new stuff was just underground I woudn't feel as bad. This is making me depressed, at least some of my other favorite games are still around...

>"Nothing against Skylanders"
>Proceeds to bash it like ****

Seems legit.

Your argument is basically based on the ideas that Activision sat down and said "LET'S DESTROY THIS FRANCHISE THAT PEOPLE LOVE!" Which is a ridiculous argument because prior to Skylanders, TLoS was very much un-popular and Skylanders was an attempt to make it popular again. If you want to go really far back, TLoS was created for the same reason so the course of events that lead to Skylanders is all down to the people who didn't like AHT or SL.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#139 Posted: 21:11:21 25/11/2012
...Not discussing about which series should continue and such or I'll just give more reasons for the argument to continue.

I want Spyro and Skylanders to branch off like Rayman and the Rabbids did.Skylanders can have its series of books and RPGs and whatever will probably still suck money out of everyone,and have more stuff for the older part of the fandom.Meanwhile,Spyro can get a Spyro Origins and Spyro Legends with ridiculous difficulty-- I mean,can get a few remakes of the old games,and have some sort of Sonic Generations-like game;or,if the fandom wars will make it not worth the existence,a sequel to either main storylines,but with elements of both and a simplistic,but very solid plot,to please both Classic and LOS fans.
...Might be asking too much,but hey,it depends on Acti having good developers for the games once more,and we not treating it like it's some sort of abomination and refusing to give it enough love.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:18:27 25/11/2012 by Bifrost
#140 Posted: 22:13:48 25/11/2012
I didn't bash Skylanders. It's a cool game by itself, but they didn't have to include Spyro in it. Now everytime you search for Spyro on Google images, or search for art or fanfics of it, you're bombarded with Skylanders. Besides, sticking Spyro's name on another completely unrelated game is not my idea of bringing back popularity. They could've just made improvements to te old gameplay, and make it more complex WHILE keeping the story, characters, and the overall feel of the franchise, like they did with countless other successful games. But no, they chose to destroy it. Keep in mind that I DON'T hate Skylanders, it's a cool idea to use toys in video games, but putting Spyro in this is not right. He doesn't belong there.
---
Vincentkoopa Yellow Sparx Gems: 1997
#141 Posted: 22:36:25 25/11/2012
I agree with the HD remakes. Oh and if Activision doesn't care about Spyro anymore, they should at least give the Spyro franchise to another publishing/developing company who could actually CONTINUE his legacy.
---
Always tired~
#142 Posted: 22:44:34 25/11/2012
I'm still wondering which franchise is worth more money. Skylanders or Spyro. By Spyro I mean Original Trilogy and the TLOS Trilogy. I think the spin offs count too, but what do I know. Right now, Skylanders is making a lot of money, but is it compared to the overall money the Spyro games made?
---
Always tired~
#143 Posted: 22:51:30 25/11/2012
Quote: Spyrobaro
Quote: Vincentkoopa
I'm still wondering which franchise is worth more money. Skylanders or Spyro. By Spyro I mean Original Trilogy and the TLOS Trilogy. I think the spin offs count too, but what do I know. Right now, Skylanders is making a lot of money, but is it compared to the overall money the Spyro games made?

Skylanders counts as Spyro in terms of how money is earned.

I remember doing a quick look on Wikipedia and saw how many sales one of the games got. I guess I might be able to find it again and compare it.

Okay, be sure to tell us which series earned more money.
---
Always tired~
#144 Posted: 22:53:43 25/11/2012
Quote: Spyrobaro
I didn't bash Skylanders.

But no, they chose to destroy it.

You just contradicted yourself big time.

I meant they chose to destroy Spyro's name, not that Skylanders is the destroyed Spyro. I just want people to remember who Spyro really is. They can keep making Skylanders, it's a great game, but keep Spyro out of it.
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me