Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Wishing for Semi-Classic Spyro Remakes
Page 1 of 1
Wishing for Semi-Classic Spyro Remakes [CLOSED]
Zaifuten Green Sparx Gems: 103
#1 Posted: 21:55:49 26/10/2012 | Topic Creator
I was thinking about it and I really miss Classic Spyro.
I know they could never make another game for Spyro but it'd be cool if they'd remake the old trilogy with better graphics and maybe some stuff added to the levels to make them harder.
What would be really cool is if they remade the handhelds for the console. I don't know about you guys but I'd love to play Attack of the Rhynocs/ Adventure or Shadow Legacy(I'm well aware it was a terrible game, give me a break for liking it) on the PS3. Think about it, they could fix up the graphics and work out the all kinks the games had!
There's so many levels and quests in the four handheld games(not counting Fusion though that'd be interesting to say the least...)! Plus they wouldn't have to do any writing because all games come fully written already.

I'm well aware this'd never happen but if it could what would you guys think about it?
---
Detailed Spyro RP. http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=62564
My Deviant Art. http://alpine-dragon-queen.deviantart.com/
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#2 Posted: 00:38:07 27/10/2012
Just buy the classics on the PSN (they're still on there, right?).
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#3 Posted: 00:42:38 27/10/2012 | Topic Creator
I have the classics. And yes I do believe they're still there but you know that store, always changing its stock.
---
SpyroSC Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#4 Posted: 10:15:32 01/11/2012
I've alwaays thought they should do remakes of the games (graphics wise), and release it to the modern consoles.
---
IT'S A DRAGON
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#5 Posted: 10:47:29 01/11/2012
Quote: HIR

Why do you keep saying that? That's just the same as having the hard copies anyway, it's not exactly re-making it. And, again, I must tell you, that these Spyro games on the PSN are not worldwide, they're just for the Americans only.

I think re-making the handheld on console is a great idea, especially Season of Ice, Season of Flame & Adventure. Possibly Shadow Legacy too. But I'd imagine the latter would feel more like A Hero's Tail.

That would actually be a lot more interesting that just simply re-making the first three that are already on the console, but it would be nice to see them in better graphics, with differed level designs instead of Activision just rehashing or recycling the same game over and over. And I still don't understand how the characters in Skylanders have "personalities" when its down to your imagination of them in the first place.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:49:32 01/11/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#6 Posted: 10:57:53 01/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I can imagine Shadow Legacy ending up like A Hero's Tail, that was pretty good but felt off gameplay wise. I jut think it'd be pretty cool to see Spyro's Shadow Legacy attacks on the big screen.

Though, I do prefer if they were going to remake a game it would be one of the GBA games. They were so much fun, Ice and Flame were pretty hard too and had many interesting levels. Adventure would be awesome but maybe without the battle simulator, the quests were fun and drew out the game
---
#7 Posted: 11:16:08 01/11/2012
Quote: Zaifuten
Yeah, I can imagine Shadow Legacy ending up like A Hero's Tail, that was pretty good but felt off gameplay wise. I jut think it'd be pretty cool to see Spyro's Shadow Legacy attacks on the big screen.

Though, I do prefer if they were going to remake a game it would be one of the GBA games. They were so much fun, Ice and Flame were pretty hard too and had many interesting levels. Adventure would be awesome but maybe without the battle simulator, the quests were fun and drew out the game

I think SL was a direct sequel to AHT, and the gameplay did change slightly from that game, but I think the majot thing that changed was the gems, it changed to currency instead of being a collectible. You're still going round collecting items, and defeating enemies, so in a way, it hasn't completely changed.

I've only played Season of Ice and it was pretty cool, but I'd imagine it to be a lot better on a console, the flying challenges was even more impossible I think though. Some things on the handheld was just not done right like on the console versions.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#8 Posted: 15:34:50 01/11/2012
I don't think the classic Insomniac trilogy should be modified in any way, because they're old, y'know? Say, if Skylanders was old then people wouldn't want the graphics changed but now they might not care/notice. I really miss the old Spyro. Yes, adding stuff to the levels would be good..especially in Winter Tundra, Spyro 2. There are a LOT of changes I could make in those levels. Oh definitely, the GBA games, in my opinion, should really be made as PS1/2/3 games. Preferably just the PS1 and 2. This is coming from a BIG Classic fan.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#9 Posted: 18:52:21 01/11/2012
Remake the Digital Eclipse Trilogy as full-fledged console games? I'd like to see that, but those games have platforming, which the Skylanders series does not. So I wouldn't exactly ask Toys for Bob to do it. Maybe someone with more experience with platformers? >.>
---
#10 Posted: 11:08:42 02/11/2012
Remake the Digital Eclipse Trilogy as full-fledged console games? I'd like to see that, but those games have platforming, which the Skylanders series does not. So I wouldn't exactly ask Toys for Bob to do it. Maybe someone with more experience with platformers? >.>

How about Traveller's Tales? I think they made a great job with Toy Story 2 for the PlayStation back in the day, and I'm pretty sure that was classed as a platformer.

I'd think it would be fantastic to see the first three remade, and revamped, I'd like the level designs to be changed, I reckon it would make it more interesting but just keep the same theme that the original levels had.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#11 Posted: 16:42:19 03/11/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

How about Traveller's Tales? I think they made a great job with Toy Story 2 for the PlayStation back in the day, and I'm pretty sure that was classed as a platformer.

I'd think it would be fantastic to see the first three remade, and revamped, I'd like the level designs to be changed, I reckon it would make it more interesting but just keep the same theme that the original levels had.

Oh yeah, that's gonna be a Remake of the series. I think it will be a Great idea, because a lot of people miss the old and challenging videogames, but there's a big problem: Activision... <.<. We have to Torch our enemy, Lol
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#12 Posted: 17:58:54 03/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Seriously! Activision has no vision! They must be stopped.... Or at least advised.
---
crashdragon Green Sparx Gems: 344
#13 Posted: 19:09:14 03/11/2012
Yeah even though I like Skylanders but Activision just dosn't care about the fans they care only about money and I'm pretty almost evveryone here in the forums knows that. But yeah I agree that they should make remakes of those games even Crash for Crash's last game was CNK2 for ipad and iphone in 2010. But I think if they wanted more money so to speak they could make remakes of Spyro and Crash or make new sequels epecally Crash 2010 for I wanted that game to be released so bad even though there's a pettion for the game but I think Activion just doesn't care. If I had a gaming company and I own Spyro and Crash I would make sequels and remakes of the 2 franchises because I care for the fans. But Activvsion just doen't have any clue about it.
#14 Posted: 20:10:58 03/11/2012
At least Spyro isn't owned by Electronic Arts. >.>
---
#15 Posted: 09:46:02 04/11/2012

Why is that then? It seems bad enough being owned by Activision.
spyrobeta Green Sparx Gems: 237
#16 Posted: 13:14:33 04/11/2012
If you had any series your a fan since day 1 with, you would understand.

EA destroys good franchises, REQUIRES Always on DRM and aggressive piracy fighting with Spyware Origin.

Activision only ruins games and dreams, but dont require that DRM crap or piracy tools.

Plus, looks whats going on with The Sims. They released the Sims 3, which had no content, and almost 90% of it was recycled garbage from the last game WITHOUT expansions. NOW there releasing The Sims 2 content as Sims 3 content, AGAIN. Its a never ending cycle. Never will understand why people keep buying those Expansion packs.

Oh and by the way, did you know that Electronic Arts owns Croc AND Gex now? When Agronaount Studios died, EA bought the Croc IP. Then, i think it was 3 years ago or so, EA also bought the GEX ip from Crystal Dynamics. Which is why Crystal never made another Gex even to this day, while it was a successful franchise. EA owns and refuses to make new titles in there series. Croc left off with Croc 2 in 2000, and Gex with Gex 3 in 1999.

EA is horrible people. And any game they think will get low ratings... well... this is EXACTLY what they do to game reviewers to force them to rate it 7 or higher.

[User Posted Image]

Btw... personally i think Activision did the same for Skylanders Giants. Theres no way that 100% rehash of the first Skylanders got that good of reviews without being forced.
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:19:35 04/11/2012 by spyrobeta
#17 Posted: 19:39:56 04/11/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Why is that then? It seems bad enough being owned by Activision.

Let me put it to you this way: they're so bad, they were voted "Worst Company in America." >.>
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#18 Posted: 21:01:47 04/11/2012

Not in Europe, they're not.
---
Eh.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#19 Posted: 21:08:46 04/11/2012

But what if you've played them a billion times?

You're kinda screwed then.

I honestly think they would've treated the franchise a bit better. Not as good as Ubisoft, but still leagues above Activision.

Quote: spyrobeta

EA is horrible people. And any game they think will get low ratings... well... this is EXACTLY what they do to game reviewers to force them to rate it 7 or higher.

[User Posted Image]

Look at the critical reception for Medal of Honor: Warfighter (including IGN's review of it), and tell me that EA pays off critics.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:39:22 05/11/2012 by CAV
#20 Posted: 01:02:46 05/11/2012
I really don't understand why EA still makes Metal of Honor if they have Battlefield. *shrug*
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#21 Posted: 01:37:42 05/11/2012
Different developers. Danger Close needs work too.

IGN, the company everyone assumes gets paid off by EA, gave the game a 4/10. This pretty much shatters all ideas of EA paying off critics, since EA would try really hard to push a game like this (and they did), since it's essentially a substitute for the lack of Battlefield this year.

They wouldn't pay people off for Mass Effect 3 and not Medal of Honor. They would either do both, or neither. And the latter wouldn't be getting mediocre reviews if people were bribed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:40:13 05/11/2012 by CAV
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me